The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
The sections of the new book on Princess Diana reads like it is anti-Di. I am getting sOOO tired of all these books.
I couldn't agree more with you. These anti-Diana books has been getting on my nerves for years.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I couldn't agree more with you. These anti-Diana books has been getting on my nerves for years.
Me too.
I am so tried of this people that write the books

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
The sections of the new book on Princess Diana reads like it is anti-Di. I am getting sOOO tired of all these books.
Oh really? It sounded more like anti-Tony Blair.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

It didn't sound anti-Tony Blair to me. Which sentence makes it sound anti-Tony Blair Ysbel
Old 02-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Ah this quote:

Quote:
According to Hodgson, Blair met Diana at Chequers shortly after his victory at the polls and was considering her wish to become a 'roving ambassador' for the UK.
Said Hodgson: "But, as with so many of Blair's easy promises, nothing ever happened.
makes him sound like a lying politician.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Ah this quote:

makes him sound like a lying politician.
Is there any other kind?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Thanks for sharing Skydragon.

Books like these make me mad and want to get on my soapbox because I just can't stand how people can just bandy around words like schizophrenia about a person when its a very serious and debilitating disease. I've known families with members that suffered from severe mental illness and these illnesses are far different than most people think just by reading a newspaper or sensational book.

This author must not know anything about schizophrenia. People can't function with it and it is mostly incurable, getting progressively worse with time. I find it almost impossible for a public person such as Diana to have schizophrenia with no one figuring out till now.

Plus there is a genetic component to schizophrenia and no one else in Diana's family has exhibited anything like it. On the contrary, the two illnesses we know she did suffer from, the eating disorder and the tendency to self-harm, were both exhibited by other members of her family and they too have a genetic component. With that family history, it is fair to say that she may have exhibited the eating disorder and the tendency to self-harm even if she had never married Charles.

But schizophrenia? No.
I completely agree with your sentiments. Moreover I find it incredibly disgusting as the lady is dead and cannot defend herself.

Her sons will never speak out imo, due to protocol. So these sensationalised books are allowed to fester in the public realm.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

The princes have spoken out before, so they might have something to say. They have tended to reserve their comments for when someone close to their mother betrayed her by blabbing, so they might not say anything this time. I think most of us know how they feel about this, though, but it doesn't stop people cranking out the books because they know there's still a market. I wouldn't expect things to improve for a while yet, considering the 10th anniversary of her death is coming up this year. There'll be a lot of greedy people jumping on that particular bandwagon.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Her sons will never speak out imo, due to protocol. So these sensationalised books are allowed to fester in the public realm.
In all fairness, what good has speaking out ever done them? It merely draws more attention to and sells more copies of any book they protest against. Protocol has nothing to do with it...William and Harry have learned to pick their battles, and squelching sensationalised books isn't a battle they can ever win.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Brown launches Diana Award as charity
By Andrew Pierce

Brown launches Diana Award as charity | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Quote:
A charity set up in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales was relaunched today by Gordon Brown with the blessing of the House of Windsor and the Spencer family.

The awards are part of Princess Diana's legacy
The renamed Diana Award will operate as an independent charity for the first time and aim to raise £1 million a year to further the work of the Princess with young children.
It will help to fund a national anti-bullying campaign in Britain’s schools and will honour children aged between 12 and 18 who inspire the lives of others in their classrooms and community.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well that's wonderful news and a great honor for those kids who will recieve a Diana award. She would have been thrilled to have an award in her name dedicated to children.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

wondefull news!!!!!! it's a great idea, a award for the young people with diana name, again, great news
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Since the discussion of Tina Brown's book was beginning to overwhelm this thread, I've split it out into its own thread in the Royal Library. It can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...own-12031.html
Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gibraltar Post produce new commemorative issue
Gibraltar Post issue a new set of stamps on 31 March commemorating the life of Princess Diana.

Gibbons Stamp Monthly- Gibbons Stamp Monthly, Stamp Collecting, Stanley Gibbons, Latest Stamp News, Philatelic Magazine

The lavish new issue consists of a set of four stamps, a miniature sheet, four sheetlets and a Limited Edition Booklet of 1,500 copies.

The 20-page booklet includes the stamps, miniature sheet and sheetlets as well as a fully illustrated biography.
Copyright by Gibraltor Post
Old 02-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

the stamps are great, is nice to see another set for diana, the last one was for the first death0's anniversary, I am right?
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
the stamps are great, is nice to see another set for diana, the last one was for the first death0's anniversary, I am right?
I think you are Corazon. These stamps are alot nicer than the first set.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

stamps looks nice this for 10th anniversary of her death

and i saw on majesty magazine shop about new books called "Diana" but i wanted this BOOKS!
http://shop.majestymagazine.com/imag...07e8fe1adb.jpg
this books cost $19.99 near $20.00 in USA or you can order any worlds prices but books will come in early of April i cant wait!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
stamps looks nice this for 10th anniversary of her death

and i saw on majesty magazine shop about new books called "Diana" but i wanted this BOOKS!
http://shop.majestymagazine.com/imag...07e8fe1adb.jpg
this books cost $19.99 near $20.00 in USA or you can order any worlds prices but books will come in early of April i cant wait!
I wanna get that book to.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Photographing Diana

Photographing Diana | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Old 02-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

That was an interesting article. To be honest I rarely saw a bad photo of Princess Diana.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana