The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 4: September 2006-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need to do something about that fountain. But I don't know how Diana's ghost haunts Kensington Palace. There are just alot of reminders of The Princess since that was her royal home.

gfg02 said:
Ten years gone by, yet Diana haunts palace
Strange headline, there is nothing about any haunting in the article, just that there is an exhibition of pictures and old clothes. Someone should also point out that if any children can get through to the fountain, they are not allowed to paddle in the slime.:rolleyes:

The problem is that we don't need a statue or a fountain to commerate the memory of The Princess of Wales. Having a children's hospital, medical center or a hospice named in her honor would have been suffice. But no, we have a fountain where the water has slime in it. I believe her memorial fund was in charge of building that fountain. Why haven't they done anything to clean it up?

You may well ask. There's no reason why this water feature shouldn't work perfectly; there are others all over the world which do just fine. Goodness knows why they chose such a clunker for this one, and goodness knows why they aren't trying to fix it now they know what its problems are.

sirhon11234 said:
The problem is that we don't need a statue or a fountain to commerate the memory of The Princess of Wales. Having a children's hospital, medical center or a hospice named in her honor would have been suffice. But no, we have a fountain where the water has slime in it. I believe her memorial fund was in charge of building that fountain. Why haven't they done anything to clean it up?

There already is such a hospital-the NHS children's hospital in Birmingham is named for Diana. The Queen even attended the re-dedication ceremony.

To me, the playground in Kensington Gardens is a wonderfully appropriate memorial.

The original concept of the fountain-the water representing the turbulent and peaceful periods of Diana's life, etc-was lovely. It sure didn't translate well to reality, though.

Elspeth said:
Goodness knows why they chose such a clunker for this one, and goodness knows why they aren't trying to fix it now they know what its problems are.
The trustees of the Diana fund do not pay for it's upkeep, they didn't even pay all the money to build it. To repair it, they would have to take the whole thing down and nobody wants to pay out for that.

Oh, I didn't know that there was a children's hospital named after her.
Well I sent an e-mail to the memorial fund expressing my dissapointment of the state of the fountain. I hope they e-mail me back.

Who paid to build it and who pays for its upkeep?

sassie said:
There already is such a hospital-the NHS children's hospital in Birmingham is named for Diana. The Queen even attended the re-dedication ceremony.
The childrens hospital in Birmingham is simply called the Birmingham Childrens Hospital
There are others that were named after her before her death and some that were called The Princess of Wales Hospital before Diana married Charles. :flowers:

ysbel said:
Who paid to build it and who pays for its upkeep?
The water feature by the DMF and taxpayers, it's upkeep is paid by the taxpayer. The building of and the upkeep of the hospitals is paid by UK taxpayers as part of the governments NHS spending programme.

Skydragon said:
The childrens hospital in Birmingham is simply called the Birmingham Childrens Hospital
There are others that were named after her before her death and some that were called The Princess of Wales Hospital before Diana married Charles. :flowers:

Well, is this the same one? General Information | Contact Details

Because their website says:
Diana, Princess of Wales Children's Hospital
Steelhouse Lane
Birmingham
B4 6NH

sassie said:
Well, is this the same one?
As you can see from their main page, it is simply referred to as Birmingham Childrens Hospital NHS Trust now. They achieved Foundation Trust status in 2006 I believe. Their postal address is the one you have given.

Copyright Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Trust Steelhouse Lane B4 6NH

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
As you can see from their main page, it is simply referred to as Birmingham Childrens Hospital NHS Trust now. They achieved Foundation Trust status in 2006 I believe. Their postal address is the one you have given.

Copyright Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Trust Steelhouse Lane B4 6NH

Confusing.

Skydragon said:
After a trawl through the NHS hospital sites, I did find this one in Grimsby I thought there were many more. :wacko:

Thanks for the link.

Well, in any case, they did name the one in Birmingham for her after her death, and the Queen did attend the rededication ceremony-so, even though it's since been changed again, they did honor Diana. Which was my original point. :flowers:

From:The Daily Record - NEWS - EX-BUTLER IS A RIGHT PLONKER

EX-BUTLER IS A RIGHT PLONKER

FOR a record-breaking 4354th time, this week's recipient of our esteemed P.I.S.H. award (Paul Is Shameless Halfwit) is Princess Di's gofer Paul Burrell.
Yes, the odious git has crawled out from under his rock again, this time to flog vino in American supermarkets.​

gfg02 said:
Arthur Edwards: Confessions of a royal snapper
It's amazing all these conversations Edwards says he has had, with no witnesses of course! :rolleyes: It is amusing how he says the select committee asked him to speak (he forgot to mention he, among others was summoned to appear, which means he had little choice) and how it is always someone else that intruded. It said a lot when his claims of in depth conversations with William, were met by howls of laughter!
He is as honest and trustworthy as the paper he works for - The Sun! :lol:

Skydragon said:
It's amazing all these conversations Edwards says he has had, with no witnesses of course! :rolleyes: It is amusing how he says the select committee asked him to speak (he forgot to mention he, among others was summoned to appear, which means he had little choice) and how it is always someone else that intruded. It said a lot when his claims of in depth conversations with William, were met by howls of laughter!

The thing is: it's not only you and me who knows that but the Royals as well. So if William had said that he would have known that to say that means to make it public. In that case he would have told other known "leaks" as well. He didn't so it's simply not true. IMHO.

Skydragon said:
OK. We have now unequivocally established that the man is a poseur of the first order, not to mention a legend in his own lunch time. :wacko:

But let it not be said that a man with as fertile an imagination as he, does not have a great future. :whistling:

I see either big money for a fantasy TV show or movie, or, (and my personal favorite), long, in depth conversations with the little men in the long white coats who come to take him away.:ROFLMAO:

Yes. The more I think about him the more I like the idea of his being fitted for his very own tailored loooong sleeved jacket! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, what a way to mark someone's anniversary by showing a documentary of their final hours than that of their life.

MARG said:
OK. We have now unequivocally established that the man is a poseur of the first order, not to mention a legend in his own lunch time. :wacko:

But let it not be said that a man with as fertile an imagination as he, does not have a great future. :whistling:

I see either big money for a fantasy TV show or movie, or, (and my personal favorite), long, in depth conversations with the little men in the long white coats who come to take him away.:ROFLMAO:

Yes. The more I think about him the more I like the idea of his being fitted for his very own tailored loooong sleeved jacket! :D

Are you referring to Arthur Edwards...or Paul Burrell? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
gfg02 said:
That is morbid.
With the situation as it is, with accussations of murder etc. as yet unresolved and the spectre of the "Inquest" looming large, it's not just morbid.... it's sick. :sick:

They'll be rolling in dough for decades--long enough to hire the next generation of hounds to harass her children and theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom