The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Courtier

The Australian/New Zealand tour was in 1983 and the tour in Japan in 1985, I believe.

Month and year are fine for me. But if you know them, info about the precize day is welcome :)

Old 06-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

please see the pictures of Diana at state visits when she attends with Prince Charles and without Prince Charles! and she attends USA also.

Sara Boyce

Old 06-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Aristocracy

There's an exhibit on the life of Diana, Princess of Wales coming to the U.S. starting October 10th, if you are in Florida you can view it at the Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Art. The museum website describes the exhibit this way:

”Direct from the Althorp Estate in England, the ancestral home of the Spencer family, comes this award-winning exhibition celebrating the life and work of Diana, Princess of Wales.

On display will be authentic memorabilia and film footage from Diana's childhood and her adult life, a collection of 28 dresses from her public engagements including her resplendent royal wedding gown, original jewels, artifacts, paintings and more.”

For more details and ticket information, go to the museum's website here:

http://www.moafl.org/exhibitions/diana/index2.htm
Old 07-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Feel free to take a look:

Princess Diana forum
Old 07-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Gentry

Thanks so much,royal_sophietje!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by glossypinky@Jul 20th, 2004 - 11:07 pm
Thanks so much,royal_sophietje!
its so cool!

Sara Boyce
Old 07-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Gentry

Article along with video.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/06/...ain627816.shtml
Old 07-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Courtier

It will not close look at the site of the Althorp estate.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Britain's Prince Charles was "taken to the cleaners" during his divorce with the late Princess Diana, as she took his entire personal fortune, the Sunday Telegraph newspaper reported.

"Princess Diana took every penny he had," Charles' former personal financial adviser Geoffrey Bignell was quoted as saying.

"I was told to liquidate everything, all his investments, so that he could give her the cash."

Diana, who was killed in a Paris car crash with her lover Dodi al Fayed in 1997, divorced Charles in 1996.

"She took him to the cleaners," said Bignell.

"He was very unhappy about that. That's when I stopped being his personal financial adviser, because he had no personal wealth left."
This is a total disgrace. Any divorce only entitles the wife to half of the wealth/assets no matter who was at fault! Diana & her lawyer obviously played the emotional hand for all it was worth.

IMO half of the money she recieved should have been returned to Charles as she had no right to it.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:18 AM
Royal Highness

Oh come on.... She didn't take Charles to the cleaners. They gave her what they were willing to give her along with plenty of grief to go with it.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by ennyllorac@Jul 25th, 2004 - 7:18 am
Oh come on.... She didn't take Charles to the cleaners. They gave her what they were willing to give her along with plenty of grief to go with it.
I agree completely. She got what she deserved, especially putting up with him and "his great love" for over 15 years. Anyway, the Duchy of Cornwall is a constant stream of income for Charles since he owns it ~ in my mind, he has a lot of potential personal wealth because of this ownership. I doubt very seriously that he'll ever be on the "dole".

Elizajane
Old 07-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Serene Highness

My point was not wether he could afford it or not. Any divorce only entitles the spouse to 50% unless they can prove that they were the reason that the business was a success and were instrumental in making the money.

Remember that Charles did not own a house. Kensington Palace is the property of the British people and Highgrove is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall which Charles DOES NOT own. The duchy provides an income for the heir to the throne and Charles is the first heir to make the duchy make a profit. Previous Princes of Wales have simply lived off what the duchy provided without making efforts to make money. Remember that Charles VOLUNTARILY pays income tax on the duchy's income.

Diana was not going to have to go out to work, she had inherited a sizeable amount from her grandmother and the home at Kensington Palace was hers for life RENT FREE. The Queen was very aware that no matter what happened Diana was still the mother of a future king and should be treated as such.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by wymanda@Jul 25th, 2004 - 8:37 am
The duchy provides an income for the heir to the throne and Charles is the first heir to make the duchy make a profit.
Who receives the profit from the Duchy of Cornwell? From my knowledge, Charles does. Can't that profit be termed in any way as part of his personal wealth?

If Charles was robbed of his "personal wealth", as the Reuter's article states, "where" is he NOW getting the money to support (in numerous ways) Camilla Parker Bowles? ~ from a stashed - away piggy bank?

And, whose to say that the outcome of the monetary part of their divorce WAS NOT 50/50? I don't know the answers to these questions, however, you seem to. In my most humble opinion, Diana worked as hard as Charles did as the Princess of Wales. She worked hard and diligently for her charities and made personal contributions (from her own independent Spencer/Fermoy funds.)

Also, Charles didn't have to agree to "cash in" all of his personal wealth to get rid of Diana. His lawyer should have perserved against what Diana's lawyer was fighting for. He could have just said "No! I'm not agreeing to what my wife is asking for ~ so go back to the drawing board and come up with a better settlement where I don't have to suffer losing my entire personal wealth!" Playing the sympathy card or not, the Crown lawyers could have just said "NO." to her wishes.

Wymanda, the point now is moot. Diana is dead and I'm sure Charles has recovered "some" of which he was instructed to give her ~ for example, when Wills and Harry looked over the things their mother had left in her apartments at Kensington Palace after her death, Wills chose to take her "engagement ring" and from what I read, he slipped it in his jeans pocket. Wasn't that ring worth about 280,000 pounds? Maybe, if he sells it, he'll loan his dad a buck or two.

For my own safety, regarding Bear's rules and regulations about the "three strikes", I will no longer "argue" about this subject with you because I do not want to be thrown off this board! ~ especially over this trite subject of Charles' personal wealth when people all over the world are starving. I could unleash fathoms of ill feeling regarding Camilla and Charles and how they conducted their affair ~ right under Diana's nose from the VERY BEGINNING OF THEIR MARRIAGE. Oh, what a massive lie we all were to believe! Also, it appears that you are an expert on this subject of Charles and Diana's divorce settlement ~ and, I'm not in the mood to argue with experts. Therefore, this will be my last response to your arguments and posts. I'm sure you'll understand my position.

Elizajane
Old 07-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The duchy provides an income for the heir to the throne and Charles is the first heir to make the duchy make a profit.
Charles DOES recieve money from this.
Quote:
Diana was not going to have to go out to work, she had inherited a sizeable amount from her grandmother and the home at Kensington Palace was hers for life RENT FREE.
Diana was allowed to live in Kensington until her children reached the age of 18.

Please stop that Diana-bashing. This forum is for people to talk about Diana, and not bashing her.

You don't have to put Charles and Camilla in a good light. His team is already busy with that.

Quote:
For my own safety, regarding Bear's rules and regulations about the "three strikes", I will no longer "argue" about this subject with you because I do not want to be thrown off this board!
Don't be scared. The warning system is de-activated because we don't see the boxes anymore.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Nobility

My question is, if Diana got all of his personal wealth, how did he pay for the children's education and her security arrangements. I beleive that was a part of the divorce settlement that she got how much she got money wise, and got apartments at Kensington Palace, and Charles had to pay for the kids education and her offices and security (correct me if I'm wrong). So how could she have gotten all of his personal wealth if he gets an annual income from the Duchy, did they mean his stocks and investments? Anyways, I guess it doesn't really matter now, but it is interesting.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:01 AM
Serene Highness

What it tells me is he really wanted out badly. And the Queen's coffers are large; I had heard she financed the divorce. On the lighter side, Charles' expenses are not so bad--as a royal, he gets a lot of free stuff and discounts....in other words, he could dress Camilla in Dior for about the same cost as I could dress myself at Kmart......
Old 07-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Serene Highness

So many people who knew Diana or write about her have varied accounts of her life.....Andrew Morton says Paul Burrell was on his way out--possibly as a butler to Donald Trump. Burrell says they'd never been closer. The Queen supposedly gave Charles money for the divorce; now he's broke. Does anyone have the real story? Is there a book or video or some account that is credible. Just curious.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Serene Highness

So many people who knew Diana or write about her have varied accounts of her life.....Andrew Morton says Paul Burrell was on his way out--possibly as a butler to Donald Trump. Burrell says they'd never been closer. The Queen supposedly gave Charles money for the divorce; now he's broke. Does anyone have the real story? Is there a book or video or some account that is credible. Just curious.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Royal Highness

this party is.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness

The one thing coming out of this thread is that we can praise Diana to the rooftops and criticise Charles as much as we like but the opposing opinions are not to be tolerated.

There are some of us who admire the work Diana did but see her as the flawed human being that she was (and all of us are too). However our opinions are ridiculed and scorned by others on this forum.

I noticed that a Diana Forum has been opened....perhaps the syncophants could post their opinions on that forum and allow open discussion without criticism on this one????

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana