The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Commoner

My condolences to Earl Spencer, Lady Jane, and Lady Sarah as well. Also my sympathies to The Prince of Wales and Princes William and Harry. Mrs Shand Kydd will be deeply missed by her friends and family I'm sure, but she is at last resting in peace with her beloved Diana and baby John...

Old 06-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

As most of you know, the Princess of Wales and her mother had a tempestuous relationship and were not speaking at the time of Diana's death as Mrs. Shand-Kydd had given an interview saying she thought it fitting Diana had lost her HRH title. Some biographers attributed the things she said to drinking too much. But I did not know and perhaps no one knew she had a degenerative brain disease which may be the cause of some of her behavior. My grandmother died at 70 and, for years, we thought she did and said strange things and there were rifts. We also suspected alchoholism but in retrospect her behavior was more indicative of a person suffering alzheimers or a degenerative neurological state as she really didn't drink hardly at all......It's just back 25 years ago we didn't know all we know now. How sad.

Old 06-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by maryshawn@Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:24 pm
As most of you know, the Princess of Wales and her mother had a tempestuous relationship and were not speaking at the time of Diana's death as Mrs. Shand-Kydd had given an interview saying she thought it fitting Diana had lost her HRH title. Some biographers attributed the things she said to drinking too much. But I did not know and perhaps no one knew she had a degenerative brain disease which may be the cause of some of her behavior. My grandmother died at 70 and, for years, we thought she did and said strange things and there were rifts. We also suspected alchoholism but in retrospect her behavior was more indicative of a person suffering alzheimers or a degenerative neurological state as she really didn't drink hardly at all......It's just back 25 years ago we didn't know all we know now. How sad.
before Diana's death when she speak her mother on the phone but she never speak with her mother anymore but she slams on the phone i read her biography book about it! she never speak her mum for months before Diana's death! Diana told her mother on the phone Diana said " im going dating with muslim man like as Dodi Fayeds" than white man that Diana have choice in her life since she have man in her life. But her mother told hello magazine about Diana had stripped titles with HRH but Diana known as Diana,Princess of Wales or Princess Diana that choices.

Sara Boyce
Old 06-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Can someone provide me the date they went on state visits??

I already have the dates from the Australian/New Sealand visit, the tour in Japan, and a few more.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I found out about her mum on cover! that very interesting!

http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazin.../07/0820cover/

talking about her personal life on the cover said that!

Sara Boyce
Old 06-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Nobility

Mrs. Shand-Kydd's funeral was today in Oban. Princes William and Harry were there. Prince Charles was not. THe story and some pictures are at www.bbc.co.uk If someone could provide the link for the photos, please.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jean@Jun 10th, 2004 - 11:23 am
Mrs. Shand-Kydd's funeral was today in Oban. Princes William and Harry were there. Prince Charles was not.  THe story and some pictures are at www.bbc.co.uk If someone could provide the link for the photos, please.
Tears Flow as Diana's Mother Is Mourned

By Jude Sheerin, Scottish Press Association

Tears flowed today as hundreds of mourners celebrated the life of Frances Shand Kydd.

Sunlight streamed through the tall, slender, stained-glass windows of St Columba’s cathedral – illuminating the blue granite and English oak interior.

The hush which descended as the Spencer family and Princes William and Harry arrived was broken by the mournful tolling of the cathedral’s two huge iron bells.

Security men mingled throughout the congregation and watched vigilantly as the organ music began and the 17 celebrants of the mass made their way towards the altar in flowing white robes.

William’s cousin Emily McCorquodale delivered the first reading, before Prince William gingerly ascended the pulpit.

William, who spoke last week of his grief at his grandmother’s death, gripped the lectern and appeared to struggle to master his emotions when his voice faltered as he read five verses from the Book of Romans.

The tanned 21-year-old glanced tentatively at his grandmother’s coffin, which lay before the altar decked in lilies, and his voice echoed clearly around the cathedral.

Then he descended from the pulpit followed by his cousin Emily and both bowed to the altar before returning to their seats.

Among the mainly elderly congregation, heads were bowed in grief. Some of the mourners wept silently, but there were smiles as Canon MacKay recalled Mrs Shand Kydd’s love of life.

During Communion, William and Harry chatted animatedly to one another before joining in with the hymns as parishioners filed up to receive the Eucharist, touching Mrs Shand Kydd’s coffin and making the sign of the cross.

Earl Charles Spencer struggled to fight back the tears when he spoke at the funeral of his sister, Diana, seven years ago.

And he battled again to master his emotions as he made his way to the pulpit to read a eulogy to his mother.

Grief was etched on his features as the Earl, wearing horn-rimmed reading spectacles, recalled his mother’s “joie de vivre”.

He paid glowing tribute to his mother, and spoke with sadness of her “particularly vicious and unfair” illness, which he said had not robbed her of her sense of humour.

As the coffin was carried out of the cathedral by six pall bearers in full Highland regalia, teenage piper Andrew Milne struck up a Highland lament and clouds of incense rose into the air.

The Spencer family followed the coffin out of the cathedral, all of them heads bowed and sobbing. The husband of Lady Jane Fellowes, Sir Robert, placed hands of comfort on the shoulders of his children, Laura and Alexander.

The Earl smiled and mouthed a silent ‘thank you’ to a mourner who expressed her condolences.

The Spencer family were followed by William and Harry, heads also bowed.

William smiled gratefully at another parishioner who squeezed his arm in sympathy.

Outside the cathedral hundreds of mourners fell silent as the funeral cortege made its way up the road and a Union Flag and Saltire fluttered in the breeze on the waterfront

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/06/10...ng.harry.ap.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/06/10....william.ap.jpg
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 06-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

I gonna post pics in the Prince William Forum
Old 06-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Royal Highness

thank you for sharing the article about the funeral--it is much appreciated!
Old 06-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

I was browing ebay last night and went to Princess Diana and looked under highest priced items......well, they've outdone themselves. There is a Princess Diana videotape/book outlining a conspiracy for sale at the low, low price of $1,100.000.00. You've got to read this......I did and I don't understand what it is your're getting for your million dollar deposit! You almost wonder if it's a joke. If anyone has the time, visit ebay, go to princess diana then pick show by highest priced and you can't miss it. I'd love for someone to explain to me what this is about............
Old 06-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Gentry

What the --?

That's uh...weird.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Royal Highness

Oh My God!! This has to be a nightmare of a joke?? If this were real, do you really think it would be on Ebay?? This is someone defaming Diana's memory and I take great offense!!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent

show me!

Sara Boyce
Old 06-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I found out Hello cover this morning about Princess Diana's author he told Hello about Princess Diana his name is Andrew Morton.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazin.../14/0821cover/

Sara Boyce
Old 06-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Serene Highness

God that man is a low life leech!!

How would he like it if someone kept dragging the dirt out about his family. He obviously either has some sort of obsession with Diana (very unhealthy) or he sees her as a quick way to make money.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Even after nearly 7 years of death, People are still profiting from Diana. These base-born individuals are disgusting!
Old 06-18-2004, 07:32 PM

Hmm, I have to agree....
Old 06-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Diana was not perfect (show me a human being that is) and I do not revere her but I respect her for this. She was a girl from an inordinately priviliged background who REALLY took an interest in people. For all her status not one of her detractors has ever argued that she was a snob. Because they can't.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

sorry, put in wrong area!!
Old 06-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Nobility

Could you please indicate which tours you do not need info for? Also do you want exact dates including the day or just the month and year?

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana