The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:23 PM

Someone on a talk show was commenting on this. She didn't put much stock in the reports... "Why would Diana be writting letters to people who lived in the same house?" :)

Diana was, after her divorce, quite paranoid by many accounts. And, as others have mentioned, if it was designed to get her out of the way, Mr. Parker-Bowles would need to die. It is all a load of crap quite frankly, there would never be a reason for her to die. The Anglican church would never have married Charles to his former mistress.(The church recently reiterated that policy, but it has always been a policy) If Charles wanted to marry her, he would have HAD to go to the Church of Scotland, which will marry people even if the ex-spouse was alive.

As for the Queen being named in the letter, I doubt it. Burrell supposedly withheld the conversation he had with the Queen, even when it would have saved his own skin. If this letter IS on the up and up, it is unlikely he would have been so quick to protect the Queen. Besides, Paul says the Queen speaks of "Dark forces" that the Queen herself doesn't recall speaking about.

On a scale of 1-10 for relevance to Diana's death. I give the letter a 2.

On a scale of 1-10 for Paul Burrell's credibility in this matter.... -1

Old 10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Elliadrill@Oct 20th, 2003 - 8:23 pm
And, as others have mentioned, if it was designed to get her out of the way, Mr. Parker-Bowles would need to die.
Parker-Bowles has never been in the way as Diana was. Diana's death was a blessing for the monarchy to continue as is and for Charles to regain his so-called status. However, I doubt the royal family had anything to do with her death. If someone was responsible for deliberately causing the accident, the RF would have been kept in the dark.

The evidence I found most troubling was that the coroner said the driver had no odor of alcohol, during autopsy, which was always pronounced in those with his supposed blood alcohol level. Moreover, Henri Paul had no pathology of being a heavy drinker, contrary to popular spin.

Old 10-21-2003, 12:58 AM
Heir Apparent

i found have more news in England

http://www.the-sun.co.uk see Diana's news to makes news about it! and lots of more about it!

Sara Boyce
Old 10-21-2003, 05:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

The letter Diana wrote to Paul Burrel:

Old 10-21-2003, 08:10 AM
Aristocracy

I can't believed that this letter is coming out until now.. but I'm glad it did... most people think that it was add the way she died and so did I... but with this letter everything changes... for one... she didn't have many people to count on..so writing a letter was the best way she could think of to tell people of what was really happening what she was going thrue in that part of her life... even after her death she is still proving us of how bad her life was still.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Gentry

Richard Kay and Gordon Rayner
22oct03

PRINCES William and Harry were feeling betrayed last night and Prince Charles was plunged into fresh despair after an explosive letter was published in which Princess Diana predicted her death.

The boys were "angry and upset' that Paul Burrell, Diana's former butler, had kept the letter secret from an inquiry into their mother's death before cashing in by using it as the centrepiece of a book.

In the document, written in October 1996, Diana names someone she believes is planning "an accident" involving her car.

The question facing Mr Burrell was why he chose to keep the letter secret for six years.

French police who investigated the 1997 car crash last night expressed dismay that Mr Burrell had not passed it to them.

They said it was important enough to reopen their investigation.

The letter is also likely to become evidence in a forthcoming British inquest into Diana's death.

A member of Prince Charles's staff contacted William at St Andrews University and Prince Harry in Australia to tell them about the letter.

A royal source said: "Once again, Princes William and Harry feel they have been let down, not by a friend but by a former member of staff."

The princes are understood to have dismissed any suggestion that their mother was murdered.

The revelations in the book, which include details of Diana's torment over her divorce, will be a blow to Charles's efforts to gain public acceptance of Camilla Parker Bowles as his consort.

It brings back into sharp focus the role Mrs Parker Bowles played in the break-up of the marriage, the pain of which "nearly killed" Diana.

Sources close to Charles said the publication of the letter had plunged him into fresh despair. Mr Burrell claims Diana gave him the handwritten note "to keep . . . just in case".

In it, she says: "This particular phase of my life is the most dangerous. X (she names someone who cannot be identified for legal reasons) is planning 'an accident' in my car. Brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry."

The uncanny similarity to the way in which she met her death prompted Mohammed Al Fayed, the father of Diana's boyfriend Dodi, to demand a public inquiry into the crash.

Diana's note expresses her pain at the way she was treated by Charles and the royal family.

"I have been battered, bruised and abused mentally by a system for 15 years now . . . but I will never surrender. I am strong inside and maybe that is a problem for my enemies," she wrote.

"Thank you, Charles, for putting me through such hell and for giving me the opportunity to learn from the cruel things you have done to me. I have gone forward fast and have cried more than anyone will ever know."

Mr Burrell last night released another letter in which Prince Philip told Diana Charles must have been crazy to leave her.

"I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind leaving you for Camilla," Philip wrote in a letter penned in 1992, as Charles and Diana's marriage was disintegrating.

Mr Burrell also revealed Diana was obsessed with being monitored by the security services. He said he once helped the princess roll back the carpet in her Kensington Palace room at to check for bugs.

But Diana did not hold the Queen responsible for her unhappiness. "I just long to hug my mother-in-law, and tell her how deeply I understand what goes on inside her," she wrote. - DAILY MAIL

Now folds the lily all its sweetness up, and slips into the bosom of the lake. -Tennyson, <u>The Princess</u>
Old 10-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I wishes William wanted knew about what happened over his mom&#39;s news but he never knew about it&#33; and also Harry was in Australia for Gap Year but both got upset&#33;

Paul Burrell makes book but William would wanted knew about Paul Burrell&#39;s new book if William would makes more upset over his mom&#39;s book same in 2000 when he got face to face of press almost four year ago about his mom&#39;s new book called "shadow of princess" and more books from his mom&#39;s private secretary and her police bodyguard also&#33; if William would face to face again for sure&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 10-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Gentry

in a new book, senior Palace sources have revealed.

Philip fury at butler
By Valentine Low, Evening Standard
21 October 2003

Prince Philip is "appalled" that Paul Burrell has used private letters he wrote to Princess Diana in a new book, senior Palace sources have revealed.

The Duke of Edinburgh is understood to be particularly angry over the use of one letter that revealed he could "not imagine anyone in their right mind" leaving her for Camilla Parker Bowles. In another letter, Philip castigated Diana for her behaviour, which he claimed was partly responsible for driving Charles into the arms of his lover.

The Duke wrote to Diana at the height of her marriage crisis in 1992: "We do not approve of either of you having lovers. Charles was silly to risk everything with Camilla for a man in his position. We never dreamed he might feel like leaving you for her. I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind leaving you for Camilla."

Royal aides say the reason for his fury is the former royal butler&#39;s "blatant breach of confidence" and his decision to cash in on letters that were never his property.

The prince is also "deeply concerned" about the impact of Mr Burrell&#39;s claims upon Diana&#39;s sons William and Harry who also feel betrayed by Mr Burrell. Sources close to 82-year-old Prince Philip say he will today consider consulting the Queen&#39;s solicitors about the implications of Mr Burrell quoting directly from his letters in the book, A Royal Duty, serialised in the Daily Mirror. They say Prince Philip believes there has been a clear breach of copyright over the former royal butler&#39;s use of his private correspondence.

One senior Buckingham Palace aide said: "These letters were private. They were written by the Duke of Edinburgh-to the Princess of Wales. At no stage were they written to her butler and there is no evidence that she bequeathed them to him. They were written by a concerned father-in-law to his daughter-in-law at a difficult time. It is appalling that somebody is using them simply to make money. They are, and never were, his intellectual property to use."

The source went on: "The Duke is appalled by the fact that letters he wrote privately have been used in this way."

Mr Burrell&#39;s decision to write his book and publish a letter in which Diana voiced fears about someone planning her death in a car crash been widely criticised.

Palace officials say William and Harry feel let down by Burrell and that they firmly believe that their mother was not murdered.

Now folds the lily all its sweetness up, and slips into the bosom of the lake. -Tennyson, <u>The Princess</u>
Old 10-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Gentry

TWO-FACED EARL&#39;S DIANA REBUKE
Oct 22 2003 Mirror

EARL Spencer stood looking down on the coffin from his elevated position in the ornate pulpit at Westminster Abbey.

As he spoke, his words rattled around in my mind, words he had directed at his sister: "Your mental problems ... Your fickle friendship ... I was a peripheral part of your life and that no longer saddens me ... Our relationship is the weakest I have with any of my sisters..."

That was what I heard as he delivered his emotionally charged masterpiece of oratory, speaking, "as the representative of a family in grief, in a country in mourning, before a world in shock".

BRAZEN: Earl delivers his attack on royals from pulpit at Westminster Abbey

My ears weren&#39;t listening to his public funeral address delivered on 6 September 1997. I was recalling the private words he had delivered to the princess a year earlier on 4 April 1996; words the world should have heard before it jumped to its feet in a tearful ovation after his funeral speech.

As his voice echoed through God&#39;s house, I sat in the choir stalls, head bowed, suppressing disbelief as his carefully crafted words leaped from the pages in his hand and grabbed the monarchy by the throat, leaving the crowds outside applauding its public humiliation, while the master of the &#39;blood family&#39; seized the most inappropriate moment to claim the moral high ground.

The hypocrisy masked by his eloquence was only known by the princess&#39;s real family: the people like me who knew her best, the surrogate family of chosen friends and confidants who knew the truth of this alienated brother-sister relationship.

I didn&#39;t see the closest of brothers walking into the pulpit that day. I saw a distant cousin who was once close in a faraway childhood; someone speaking on behalf of a remarkable adult he clearly loved but didn&#39;t know.

By his own private admission, he had only seen the princess around 50 times since she got married in 1981. He expressed that statistical truth in a rambling letter, which she read with me on the stairs at KP in the spring of 1996.

As the abbey and the nation were riveted by his funeral address, I found myself caught between two flashing images: the earl speaking fondly in the elevated pulpit above me; the princess on the stairs, holding one of his letters, entirely different in tone.

In the abbey in 1997, he said: "Fundamentally she had not changed at all from the big sister who mothered me as a baby."

Then my mind flashed back to 1996: "After years of neglect on both sides, our relationship is the weakest I have with any of my sisters ... perhaps you have more time to notice that we seldom speak."

And "I ... will always be there for you ... as a loving brother: albeit one who has, through 15 years&#39; absence, rather lost touch - to the extent I have to read Richard Kay [in the Daily Mail] to learn that you are coming to Althorp...&#39;

Back in the abbey: "Diana remained throughout a very insecure person - most childlike in her desire to do good for others so she could release herself from deep feelings of unworthiness of which her eating disorders were merely a symptom."

In 1996: "I fear for you. I know how manipulation and deceit are parts of the illness ... I pray that you are getting appropriate and sympathetic treatment for your mental problems."

The princess felt she was over her bulimia, but what upset her most was the suggestion that she was mentally ill. &#39;Mental problems&#39; was a phrase she had thought she would only ever hear from the sniping friends of Prince Charles.

ATTACKED: Earl fired off hurtful letters to Diana

BACK in the abbey: "The world sensed this part of her character and cherished her vulnerability, while admiring her for her honesty."

In 1996: "I long ago accepted that I was a peripheral part of your life, and that no longer saddens me. Indeed, it&#39;s easier for me and my family to be in that position as I view the consternation and hurt your fickle friendship has caused so many..."

Then he referred to William and Harry. "We will not allow them to suffer the anguish that used regularly to drive you to tearful despair..." Another flashback: "I&#39;m sorry but I&#39;ve decided that the Garden House isn&#39;t a possible move now.

There are many reasons, most of which include the police and press interference which would inevitably follow."&#39; That letter had driven the princess to tearful despair.

His request for the Spencer tiara had upset her, and his letter of April 1996 had brought tears again. Many commentators viewed his speech at Westminster Abbey as the expression of his pain for a sister badly treated by the system.

In my eyes, it was the words of a man riddled with guilt, focusing on childhood because of the distance that had come between them in adulthood. But he includedsome apt tributes, too, describing the "unique, the complex, the extraordinary and irreplaceable Diana, whose beauty, both external and internal, will never be extinguished from our minds".

And he captured the "joy for life, transmitted wherever you took your smile, and the sparkle in those unforgettable eyes..." I couldn&#39;t help feeling, though, that this man, who had caused his sister so much heartache in recent years, was not the man to speak on her behalf, to be the standard- bearer for the princess.

He had turned down her plea for sanctuary at her ancestral home, yet was preparing to accept her into the grounds now that she was dead.

I sat there thinking, how can he be so hypocritical in God&#39;s house? Nor could I believe that, on a day of remembrance for a remarkable life, the earl had chosen such a moment to make a veiled attack on the Royal Family, reminding the world that he, his sisters and mother were the blood family who would protect William and Harry "so that their souls are not simply immersed by duty".

Then Earl Spencer finished his address, and there came the sound of rippling applause, rolling in from the streets, through the Great West Door and down the nave; a Mexican wave of clapping.

I looked around and saw Elton John and George Michael clapping. Euphoria was greeting a travesty of the truth, and the Queen&#39;s humiliation was complete.ANemotional outburst from a Spencer was received warmly by a people who, that week, had turned like never before against the House of Windsor. I felt a profound sense of injustice.

The Royal Train was waiting for us in London, and I was invited to the family-only burial service, 70 miles away at Northamptonshire at the Althorp estate.

As the hearse carrying the princess collected a shower of flowers on its crawl through London and up the M1, I joined the Spencer family, Princes Charles, William and Harry aboard the train with its smart burgundy carriages, pulled by the two locomotives named &#39;Prince William&#39; and &#39;Prince Henry&#39;.

At Althorp Earl Spencer stood at the top of the long, rosewood table, telling everyone where to sit. I found myself positioned rather awkwardly between the Boss&#39;s mother and ex-husband, Mrs Frances Shand Kydd to the left, Prince Charles to the right.

It wasn&#39;t easy for the prince to be sitting there on Spencer territory, having endured the anti-Windsor tone of the earl&#39;s funeral address, knowing that all eyes were not looking at him kindly.

Conversation was difficult and stilted but - as the only one around that table who knew how civility had been restored between the prince and princess - I kept the small- talk rattling along, knowing that a conversation about Highgrove and its gardens would see us through the three- course meal.

"You must come down and see the gardens some time," said Prince Charles. "I would love to, Your Royal Highness," I replied, knowing that it was unlikely. William and Harry sat on the other side of their father, nearer the bottom of the table.

Both boys were quiet, chipping in with polite conversation now and again. As coffee was being served, a butler approached the earl and whispered in his ear.

He stood and left the room, and he must have been gone for about five minutes. When he returned, he announced, "Diana is home".&#39; The burial service was 30 minutes long. What happened and what was said should remain private.

All I will say is that at the end I crouched down, picked up a handful of earth and dropped it on to the gold plate that read, &#39;Diana - Princess of Wales 1961-1997. Then I stood, and said aloud: "Goodbye, Your Royal Highness." We all reconvened in the drawing room for a cup of tea.

Everyone stood huddled in little chattering groups. Then Earl Spencer approached the television in the corner of the room, and switched it on. All eyes turned to the screen. The highlights of the funeral were being shown on one channel. Prince Charles and his sons stood there in silence. The room was silent.

Why are we watching this now? I thought. Then Earl Spencer&#39;s voice came out from the back of the television, filling the room. His echoing voice from Westminster Abbey. His speech from the pulpit. I have never been caught in such an awkward moment.

But Prince Charles was clearly not standing for a repeat performance of the humiliation. He put down his cup and saucer, and said to William and Harry, "I think it&#39;s about time we were leaving."

Old 10-22-2003, 04:45 PM
Gentry

Earl says Diana&#39;s death &#39;always an accident&#39;

Earl Spencer says he has never seen anything to suggest the crash in which his sister Diana died was anything but an accident.

Extracts published from a book by the princess&#39;s former butler, Paul Burrell, include a claim that Diana feared for her life and spoke of a plot to tamper with the brakes of her car.

But Earl Spencer told America&#39;s NBC television any suggestions of a conspiracy theory were nonsense. "My family and I are absolutely certain that we&#39;ve never seen any evidence of that whatsoever," he said.

Extracts from the book, published in the Daily Mirror, also include a letter to Diana from her brother, expressing concern for her mental health. "I pray you&#39;re getting treatment for your mental problems," Earl Spencer allegedly wrote. "I know how manipulation and deceit are parts of the illness."

Earl Spencer told NBC he was angry Burrell had published the letter, saying: "Well first of all it is obviously private correspondence which has been taken out of context and out of time.

"I suppose all the loving letters I sent don&#39;t have the sell-ability that this one, which was trying to help her, a genuine attempt to help her, when she was at her most complex."

At the apparent request of the Duke of Edinburgh, Palace lawyers Farrer & Co are scrutinising extracts of the book, which is published on Monday.

Publisher Penguin said the Palace requested an advance copy of the book on Tuesday following stories in the Daily Mirror quoting letters to Diana from the Duke of Edinburgh.

Joanna Prior, at Penguin, said only extracts of the book were handed to the Palace to protect commercial agreements, including serialisation rights, ahead of publication.

Revelations that Diana feared a plot to cause a car crash have led to claims that the French police are considering reopening the investigation into the crash which killed her and boyfriend Dodi al Fayed. Dodi&#39;s father, Mohamed al Fayed, has called for an independent public inquiry into the deaths.

Story filed: 19:26 Wednesday 22nd October 2003

Old 10-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Nobility

BLAME THE MONARCHY, NOT THE BUTLER
Prince Charles&#39;s former PR man Mark Bolland believes the Royals will fall unless they change quickly...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page....894&method=full

This disconnection between the people who elect the prime minister and the popular support for the Royal Family could - when the Queen dies - prove terminal for them.

Why will anybody see any point in an elderly, invisible Institution? The Royal Family will reap the bitter harvest from the seeds their courtiers are now sowing with their "do nothing say nothing" strategy.

Of course, I can hear the cries already that William is waiting in the wings to save the monarchy. Perhaps he will. But the force that most understood modern Britain, and could have guided him to do just that, perished in a car in Paris six years ago.

Since then, the Royal Family have done so little to sustain her memory that it&#39;s hard to believe they understand (or want to understand) her benefit to the monarchy, of which the most important was her ability to connect with people and to champion important causes in a focused way.

If the Royal Family want to learn lessons from Diana, it is still not too late. Why don&#39;t they build their own memorial to her?

Encourage William to honour his mother&#39;s memory in a public way? Why not just embrace what good she represented and her dynamic force for change?

The answer is that to do so would require visibility, energy, dynamism and an understanding of the way a modern, democratic society works in an age of global communication - all forces that frighten them.

Almost as much as they are frightened of the ghost of Diana.
Old 10-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Nobility

That Paul Burrell is such a traitor. He knows how much I despise the media and how I would not tolerate anyone trashing my baby brother. When I reveal to all that I staged my own death, he will rue the day he was born. . . . .
Old 10-26-2003, 09:20 AM
Commoner

Does anyone else think theres something suspicious about the news surrounding Princess Diana lately? I mean, theres never been an investigation into her death and the day she died in the car crash all the evidence was destroyed as the french authorities and police etc cleared the crash scene within hours and reopened the road but if it was a normal person who died there the scene would of been check and the road close for at least a day not just a couple of hours. If it was just an accident surely none of that would of happen and they would have treated it as a normal car accident. I personly believe the letter that diana wrote that someone was planning to kill her, if it werent all planned surely there would of been an investigation or something to show it was an accident so far there has been nothing.

Who else thinks her death was suspicious? I&#39;m sorry if some of you dont want to talk about her death and think we should leave her to rest in peace i think we should but if you think about it surely you would want to know the truth about what happen. I also think charles and camilla had somethink to do with it. All you have to do is look at the facts, e.g Everybody loved diana and hated charles and camilla theres loads i could say. I think theres a big cover up going on and i know i&#39;m not the only one here that thinks this. I just wanna know other people opinions about this.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

me too&#33;

I been read in Diana&#39;s news and Paul Burrell&#39;s news and Princes William and Harry news makes me worse all weeks&#33; makes me disappointment&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 10-26-2003, 09:50 AM
Nobility

Of course there&#39;s been something weird about her death from the start. However, all you have to do is mention "conspiracy" or "paranoid" and everyone wants to say it was merely an accident. How horrible if there was the remotest chance someone could be labelled a "conspiracy nut". We can&#39;t have that now could we?

And so the fact that the ambulance got "lost" and it took them 30min to go the 4 miles to the hospital, but at the same time they somehow managed to lose their police escort, is never questioned.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:39 AM
Nobility

EX-BUTLER BURRELL TELLS PRINCES TO &#39;GROW UP&#39;

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm

What a confused butler. First he says that he would not have written the book had he had a call after the collapse of his theft trial at the Old Bailey last year.

"This is not my revenge, absolutely not," he told interviewer Fiona Bruce.

"It would have been a very different world if the telephone had rung and the boys had said &#39;Oh Paul we&#39;re sorry we couldn&#39;t help you during your trial, we just couldn&#39;t our hands were tied. Why don&#39;t you come down to London with Maria and the boys and we&#39;ll do something&#39;."

Specifically on the book, he added: "Just one telephone call would have stopped it, one. Is that too much too ask - really?

"Having served the Royal Family for 21 years, is one telephone call too much? It&#39;s not."
--------------------------------------------------------------

So it&#39;s payback time, but it has nothing to do with revenge. Now I&#39;m confused. What a nightmare, a psychotic ex-butler with a narcissistic need for attention.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Castlehigh

"Open wide the gates of shapeless shadows to reveal that which has been keeping me here
in this cold dank place; now going on my seventh year."

From the poem Ripply isle cry

Courtesy of Castlehigh of Éire
Old 11-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Courtier

I really don&#39;t know what to think. My head says: it&#39;s a accident, but my intuition say something else...
There is so much unexplained, unsolved.....
I think it will stay a mystery....
Old 11-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana never become older when she dies at 36 year old but she still spirit at 42 year old.

I think she still alives ? im hope so or not&#33; which best older person when she married to Prince Charles because he older than her&#33;

Im sure mostly people never knew that Diana never become older when she dies when Diana becomes 40 year old to remember about it&#33;

what you think about Diana never become older? have any question about it&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 11-17-2003, 12:54 AM
Commoner

I agree with Al Fayed, no, it was not an accident, just a week before her death, the Archbishop of Canterbury had stated that P Charles could have married Camilla only if he was a widower, OMG, that makes me shiver, a coincidence ? don&#39;t think so......

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana