The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News & Questions Thread 8: June 2008- 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
640px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Diana%2C_Princess_of_Wales_(1996-1997).svg.png

Arms of Diana, Princess of Wales

Welcome to the Late Diana, Princess of Wales
News Thread, Part 8

Commencing June 2008

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts discussing the sex claims made by Paul Burrell's brother-in-law have been moved to a separate thread, here.

¤

I wonder if Diana would have been okay with advocating war in Iraq but whatever ... .

Last edited:
I have to disagree with this statement from battlecreekenquirer.com:

"Compared with their barnstorming visit to Australia and New Zealand, the Canadian tour has failed to take off."

Ummm....I was in Canada at the time and well remember the excitement and the souvenirs and the special editions in the newspapers. I still have some. It's true that she wasn't mobbed like she was at the Sydney Opera House; but then Canada is a really, really big place and it's hard for people to get from, say, the Yukon to Toronto. :D I think that someone at the paper was being mischievous. ;-)

i remember it too and the country was very excited about the tour.

Kp...

Too bad they didn't open up part of it to the public, as they did with Princess Margaret's apartment. They could have set up a display with a focus on Diana's many charitable causes, as they have at Althorp. However, I realize it isn’t in some of the royals’ best interest to keep her memory alive. (Onward, if not upward.)

On the other hand, it could have been set up as an office for a charity(ies) associated with Diana. Perhaps even William or Harry could have used it as offices...

Very interesting article a good read. Thank You TheTruth.

TheTruth....

Yes, an excellent article. Thank you. :)

It's interesting that Oonagh also worked with the Duke of Windsor, that other agent of change. Too bad that the article didn't discuss what they worked on together.

It's interesting that Oonagh also worked with the Duke of Windsor, that other agent of change. Too bad that the article didn't discuss what they worked on together.

I found that interesting as well. IMO, both the Duke of Windsor and Princess Diana tried to blow some of the cobwebs away, granted in different times and in different ways.

Hopefully they will.. I don't understand anyone who desecrates headstones, memorials and what not..

Hopefully they will.. I don't understand anyone who desecrates headstones, memorials and what not..
Sad to say, some take great delight in it. There are certainly some nasty individuals about. :flowers:

QUOTE Skydragon:That is very sad, there really are some pathetic low lives about. Perhaps they will be able to save it, or graft it on to another, to ensure continuity.
QUOTE Sirhon:Hopefully they will.. I don't understand anyone who desecrates headstones, memorials and what not..

Sirhon and Skydragon it is very sad about the tree. But, hopefully they will graft it. I believe that is what Holland is doing with the tree outside Ann Frank's hidding place. The tree she writes about in her book is sick and dying.

I feel very sad about the tree and the pond for Diana, Princess of Wales. But, if she was alive this week she would be very proud of her son William. His honor of putting her Spenser family symbol from their crest on his garter above his seat made me real happy of William's love for his mother's ancestory. Does anybody else feel when Prince William becomes King he might honor his mother with HRH title?:flowers:

Last edited:
Does anybody else feel when Prince William becomes King he might honor his mother with HRH title?:flowers:

Only time will tell, but I hope so and I believe it is a possibility. And I too am happy about William's decision regarding his crest.

Only time will tell, but I hope so and I believe it is a possibility. And I too am happy about William's decision regarding his crest.

Yes, and as you may know most elements that exist in heraldry signify something historic about the past or actions of the original holder of the family crest? In the case of the escallop, it means one of your ancestors went to the Holy Land. The shell (or escallop) symbolizes the journey by sea that most pilgrims made. Of course they may have also gone to fight in the Crusades. I don't know which of the earliest Spencers did that. It's one of the few things I know about heraldic elements, since I have escallops on my own family crest and I was curious enough to research the background on it. Just a piece of trivia there for you:)

Does anybody else feel when Prince William becomes King he might honor his mother with HRH title?:flowers:
By the time William becomes King, the country will have moved on and I don't believe it would serve any purpose. She wasn't a Royal Highness when she died.

What difference do you think it would make in 40 or so years georgiea? :flowers:

----
:scotflag::englandflag:

Last edited:
I think to two loving sons she would be honored the way she should have. Even though it takes 40 or so years Skydragon! :flowers:

I think to two loving sons she would be honored the way she should have. Even though it takes 40 or so years Skydragon! :flowers:
I would imagine they honour her memory every day. In 40+ years will it honour her to bring up the past, because that is what will happen. You can't give back, the same way you cannot take back hasty words after someone has died. :flowers:

By the time William becomes King, the country will have moved on and I don't believe it would serve any purpose. She wasn't a Royal Highness when she died.
What difference do you think it would make in 40 or so years georgiea? /

Yes, well said. The Diana haters like this one were screaming about "the past" from the week after Diana died if you were reading forums as I was. So, they'll never change in their hatred either, whether after 1 year or 10 years or even 40 years, although hopefully time will have moved on indeed by then and most of them will be dead.:lol::lol: William can safely ignore them both now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom