The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News & Questions Thread 8: June 2008- 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really tasteless. The car ought to be destroyed and the remains gotten rid of. And what must Henri Paul's poor parents think?

The inquest is over, and so the car should be washed then. :flowers:

I'm not aware of such details but I believe they had to keep it as they found it for evidences and points that could have been discussed during the Inquest.

Or destroyed.:D As JFK's limo has an 'historical' background, this Mercedes doesn't have that prestige and I doubt it has its place in a museum or anywhere else than in a scrapyard.

I'm sure that some would disagree.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The inquest is over, and so the car should be washed then. :flowers:
It would certainly lose some of it's 'value' if it was industrially cleaned and sprayed with Sodium Hypochlorite!

That's true. Says a lot about people's priorities, eh?:ermm:

I personally thought that the writer was "stretching." I find it hard to imagine two women with less in common.:)

I personally thought that the writer was "stretching." I find it hard to imagine two women with less in common.:)

I think the article was trying to compare the two women in their haste to commite to marriage and the other to vice president position. To me the article compared the distaster to Diana's marriage and the vice president nomimated Palin's unprepared role to be vice president.:flowers:

Oh yes, I understand the point that the author was making. :flowers:

But just like you said mermaid. How could the writer of the article make a comparison between the two women? Diana, Princess of Wales sells and right now, Sarah Palin is all the news talks about in the states. I only see a love of children, to help her fellow man and the news on their every move, a comparison between the two.:flowers:

I believe that it is totally wrong to compare the late Princess Diana and Mrs. Palin because of a huge gap in upbringing, mentality, social status, marriage situations, etc. Similar to millions of other women, these ladies have some things in common such as being good mothers and doing some chairty works. On the other hand, Mrs. Palin has been nominated to be VP of the USA. This may or may not happen. If Mrs. Palin does become the VP, her effectivness as a high ranking offical remains to be seen.

I agree Al_Bina. I think it's just to sell newspapers. Sarah is the "it" girl right now, whereas Diana will always be the "it" girl. . .

I agree Al_Bina. I think it's just to sell newspapers. Sarah is the "it" girl right now

Yes, unfortunatlely, but the article seemed so ridiculous imo.

Sirhon, they ALL are. For goodness sake somebody put Sarah Palin's baby up on E-bay as a "prop". But that's the nature of the beast. Diana got the same stuff, good and bad. When you're in the public eye, ya can't please all of the people all of the time, well, unless you die. . . . :ermm:

And even then, the goodwill generated doesn't always last very long.:rolleyes:

When you're in the public eye, ya can't please all of the people all of the time, well, unless you die. . . . :ermm:

As much as I love a good conspiracy theory, I would have to seriously decline any opportunity to see the "death car". No interest in seeing such a thing whatsoever.

JFK's car is merely what he was in when he was shot, not what caused his demise unlike the M-B.

Yes, I have heard some of the comparisons of Sarah to Diana. Those were good for a laugh or two! Can't ever imgaine Prince Charles as "The Prince Dude".

I agree Al_Bina. I think it's just to sell newspapers. Sarah is the "it" girl right now, whereas Diana will always be the "it" girl. . .

I don't think there's any reasonable comparison at all. Palin is merely a symptom of the media's and politicians' desires to divert the interest of American voters from the real issues. IMO. :flowers:

I don't think there's any reasonable comparison at all. Palin is merely a symptom of the media's and politicians' desires to divert the interest of American voters from the real issues. IMO. :flowers:
No, I don't think so, I think what they are doing is to try and ELEVATE Sarah Palin to draw comparison. Which was dumb on their part. . .

A Paris appeals court on Thursday convicted British celebrity photographer Jason Fraser of invading the privacy of the late Princess Diana by snapping her on a yacht kissing her boyfriend Dodi Fayed.
Paris court fines British photgrapher for Diana photos - Yahoo! News UK

Well, if that's the only way Mohamed Al Fayed can get a "guilty" verdict...:ROFLMAO: The conventional wisdom was either the Fayeds or Diana, or both, was cooperating with the press giving out their locations and making themselves available to the photographer.

I wonder why Mary Clarke needed to sell these letters.

I'm wondering why she had to sell these letters too. Moreover, the money won't be given to any charities (it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the article, I think). A little selfish to keep it all to yourself since it could have been just paper and ink if Diana hadn't been Diana.

Last edited:
I'm wondering whether perhaps her arab stallion business isn't doing too well given the economic downturn.:ermm:

In light of the current situation in the economical environment, it is not suprising that Ms. Clarke has made a decision to capitalize on her former employer. However, her claims of feeling sad because she sells the letters come across as insincere.

I wondered much more about the riding remark. According to the article Diana wrote: "A vast amount of people are trying to get me on a horse and it looks as though I might as this is the only time I'd actually be able to be with the husband."

Why does she write: "the husband"? Strange wording anyway but this? Why saying that only if she learns to ride she can be with Charles? What kind of view of her life she is giving here?

I took it as saying that he's so busy with other things that getting on a horse might be one of the few times she'd see him. As Prince of Wales, he would have been a really busy man, and she couldn't always go with him because of the children and pregnancies. I wouldn't necessarily read anything else into it.:flowers:

Why does she write: "the husband"? Strange wording anyway but this? Why saying that only if she learns to ride she can be with Charles? What kind of view of her life she is giving here?

I bought Ms. Clarke's book a few years ago but don't have it anymore. Does anybody have a copy? Were the letters included in it?

I remember it as being a cheerful little book but not very profound. According to Ms. Clarke, Diana seemed torn between her parents, particularly when she was being shuffled between households, but she wasn't as distressed as Diana later described herself as being. And it occurred to me that Earl Spencer wasn't very concerned about the qualifications of his help, mostly he seemed desperate to find minders for his younger children.

I've glanced through it but not read it thoroughly cover-to-cover. It struck me as a harmless book about a young aristocratic girl written by a former nanny who was fond of her.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom