The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's too painful to even think about how she would've looked like had she lived. Miss her too much for that.

I completely agree Dman. I want her back and I don't care a bit what she would have looked like now.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Majesty

I suppose that anything that resurrects the Diana/Camilla/Charles triangle will get viewings. I just think that it's a stupid few sentences. Who knows what Camilla thinks; and really, why should we care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Why DM still feels the need to post articles like this is beyond me...

Old 01-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

What a spiteful and nasty article. An it's not even one, only few words.
We can expect such literature for the next months i presume. I remember vividly back in 2007 when it was announced that Camilla had to attend the memorial service for Diana. I though 'well what a wonderful opportunity to make peace and to show respect to the late princess". Alas the Daily Mail was already more than pleased to blow on the embers ... At the end Camilla didn't go, and her statement at the time was quite unusual and personnal for a member of the BRF.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
What a spiteful and nasty article. An it's not even one, only few words.
We can expect such literature for the next months i presume. I remember vividly back in 2007 when it was announced that Camilla had to attend the memorial service for Diana. I though 'well what a wonderful opportunity to make peace and to show respect to the late princess". Alas the Daily Mail was already more than pleased to blow on the embers ... At the end Camilla didn't go, and her statement at the time was quite unusual and personnal for a member of the BRF.
The media backlash is what caused the palace officials and The Queen to advise Camilla to back out. It would've been a good good opportunity for Camilla to pay her respects along with the family. I'll never forget the way some folks and the media showed their behinds on the idea.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Well, she did like sun and sea, and that usually takes its toll.

But of course no one knows.
Yes, even the most dedicated of celebrity sun worshippers don't look that wrinkled and drab.
Ellen Barkin:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....0,140,209_.jpg
Elizabeth
Perkins:http://img4.bdbphotos.com/images/230...l.jpg?skj2io4l
Sela Ward:https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...t_to_webp=true
Dana Delany:https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...t_to_webp=true
Christy Brinkley:https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...t_to_webp=true
Susan Sarandon:https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qim...t_to_webp=true

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE on Camilla and Princess Diana 20 years after the latter's death | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
What a spiteful and nasty article. An it's not even one, only few words . . .
And one big fat lie! But Ephraim Hardcastle has never been known for either truth or accuracy, especially when discussing Diana and Camilla.

Camilla is the Princess of Wales, but out of respect for Diana she has adopted the feminine form of her husband's highest-ranking subsidiary title, that of the Duchess of Cornwall. However, in Scotland, Diana was and Camilla is known as the Duchesss of Rothersay.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Majesty

I liked Diana a lot, but I do wish people would cut Camilla some slack. She has not put a foot wrong as Duchess of Cornwall even though legally and technically and in every other way she is de facto Princess of Wales.

She has shone light and worked hard on some incredible causes like osteoporosis, sexual assault survivors, and shelter pets who need homes. I love her for that alone.

Diana is gone(sadly) and will never come back. Camilla will be queen and that's the end of it, imo.

The Daily Fail is shameless.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-17-2017, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Kensington Palace to host new exhibition on Diana, Princess of Wales – Royal Central
Old 01-18-2017, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Ex-soldier recalls Princess Diana gaffe during visit | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-21-2017, 03:56 AM
Majesty

Princess Diana's unseen letter on how she felt 'isolated' | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-22-2017, 03:53 AM
Majesty

Princess Diana's namesake had racy life 300 years earlier | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-22-2017, 05:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pretty sure there's another side to the story (there always is), but i don't think the UK royals will ever let their side get into public media, so we'll never know the complete truth
Old 01-22-2017, 03:42 PM
Majesty

Mr. Heslop must have been "living in a cave" not to know about Charles and Diana's marriage falling apart.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:48 PM
Majesty

The Prince of Wales told his story to Jonathan Dimbleby and gave him access to his friends and correspondence. Other than that, the closest we get is when friends or courtiers are permitted to give interviews. The Queen's side of the story likely won't be told until many years after she's gone and official papers can be released.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there's another side to the story (there always is), but i don't think the UK royals will ever let their side get into public media, so we'll never know the complete truth
Old 01-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
From a personal perspective, this letter that shows Diana's feelings of isolation actually aren't that unique. When there is a crumbling marriage, separation and then divorce, the deep rooted feelings of isolation are very common as one faces the whole new transition from being part of a married couple back to being a lone, single figure once again. Relationships that were part of the marriage with the extended family are broken, camps are formed between friends who are either his friends or her friends and if there are children, it'd be his time with them and her time with them and the closeness of a united family blows away in the wind.

The feelings of loneliness and isolation can and do take a center stage sometimes. Just as when first married, adapting to being an "us" instead of a "me", adjusting to once again being a solitary "me" in the scheme of things takes time and adjusting also. I'd have been more surprised if Diana hadn't felt the way she did.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:04 AM
Majesty

WATCH: Major plans revealed for Swadlincote's Princess Diana memorial garden | Burton Mail
Old 02-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Why Princess Diana never wore gloves
Old 02-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Majesty

http://www.vogue.com/article/princes...lace-look-back
Old 02-24-2017, 10:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Huge queues outside Kensington Palace for Diana exhibit | Daily Mail Online

Tickets have sold out-
https://mobile.twitter.com/HRP_palac...594753/photo/1

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-01-2017, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

So I hope that the people that continually say no cares about her anymore are paying attention
Old 03-01-2017, 01:41 AM
Majesty

Nobody says No One cares. Simply that it's fading. And that's reality. There are a lot if middle aged and older people who will remember her fondly and want to see this. Or simply tourists who see this as something like going to madam Tuesseau. The reality is there us a whole generation of people who never knew her and those numbers increase. It's a royal exhibit, that draws attention.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana