The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2016, 07:15 AM
Majesty

Princess Diana 'almost outed George Michael to young Prince Harry', BEFORE he revealed his sexuality publicly - Mirror Online

Old 12-31-2016, 02:38 AM
Majesty

Prince William and Harry rule out concert to mark 20th anniversary of Diana's death | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-31-2016, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure it will be a well put together moment, whatever is planned out.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-31-2016, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I for one am relieved. Contrary to what daily fail says about it bring some historical milestone, it isn't. She has been gone for twenty years. This is not a memorial for a battle or big tragic event. Yes she was loved and will be remembered, but the need to hold public memorials for twenty years seems excessive at best. If her family wishes to have a private memorial, for people who actually knew and loved her, that's great.

Perhaps take the money and time devoted to such an event and donate it to one of her charities. Instead of another memorial concert or garden, honor what she is being remembered for.

Perhaps through Sentable for instance, create a Diana legacy bursary, to help educate children. Africa and AIDS were so close to her heart. It is something that could be added to every year. And would be an honor to her legacy Diana would approve of.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Excellent suggestions Countessmeout. I agree that the time for a large scale memorial has passed and her sons honored her in that manner ten years ago. Now if they choose to memorialize her in a more low key and private manner that is entirely appropriate.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:53 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If we look closely at some of the things both William and Harry are involved in, its ongoing work is a day to day memorial of their late mother. They are taking the work that she started doing because she believed in what she was doing and continue to keep that alive. Causes that easily come to mind for me is Centrepointe for William and Sentebale for Harry. What better memorial for a beloved mother than to keep her memory alive through things close to her heart?

I am sure that if there are people out there that would like to have a public event to remember and honor Diana, there would be no problem with that at all. The boys have just stated that, as a family, they will not be planning any kind of a public event to honor the 20th anniversary. I'm sure that they'll remember her and honor her themselves in their own private ways.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:06 AM
Courtier

They did the concert and I'm sure it helped them as much as anything else at the time, ten years on and both in their mid twenties. It was a celebration in memory of the life of their mother. And a good day out!

As suggested I wouldn't be surprised at a charity based tribute such as The Diana Trust etc.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:11 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I find this to be absolutely tasteless, tacky and inconsiderate. I would think that those kind of letters would be the ones that William and Harry would wish to hold onto themselves rather than have them out on the money market for sale.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Totally agree Osipi. They should be returned to her boys IMO not sold.

LaRae
Old 01-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, the letters should've been returned to her sons. Letters like this should be put in the royal archives, imo.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Yet no comment on the letters and pictures, even queens wedding cake, should be returned to the family

Yes tasteless, but not surprising. When a family member died, the rest of the family divides up what he or she hasn't left specifically in a will, and sell what until wanted. Estate sales are a big thing. The only reason this is shocking bud becayse the items have Royal background. These items go on sale all the time, things with roual connection, the family likely didn't see the difference. They didn't want to keep them, so why not sell and split the money. Not saying I agree with it at all, but not surprised by it.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:04 AM
Majesty

"This is What Princess Diana MAY have looked like today"

https://t.co/8aDBFHK90t
Old 01-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Interesting - however I think she would have looked neither as lined or as "stringy" as those last two pictures suggest.
56 is no great age for any woman who takes reasonable care of herself
Old 01-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"This is What Princess Diana MAY have looked like today"

https://t.co/8aDBFHK90t
Creepy and unnecessary.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes because she would have aged horribly, the first photo looks much older than 56, and her styling would have remained in the 90s

This is just creepy. Like the photos when they put her into photos with William and his kids. Creepy, uncalled for and please stop
Old 01-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes because she would have aged horribly, the first photo looks much older than 56, and her styling would have remained in the 90s

Well, she did like sun and sea, and that usually takes its toll.

But of course no one knows.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that the 'ageing' photo looks odd. Diana fan though I am I do feel that, especially if she was still somewhat in public life, that Diana would have gone in for a little 'refreshing' in her forties and fifties. If not full cosmetic treatments I do believe she would have probably gone the Botox and bee-sting route.

She would have taken care of herself of course but the sun and beach life that she adored would certainly have taken a toll. Other Royal women have had Botox as well so she wouldn't have been alone!

I also feel that the colour of Diana's hair might have undergone a change over the years as well. She may not have chosen to remain a golden blonde in her later life but perhaps tried an ash or reddish brown hair colour. Of course, it's all speculation but that's what we're here for!
Old 01-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's too painful to even think about how she would've looked like had she lived. Miss her too much for that.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-11-2017, 01:59 AM
Majesty

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE on Camilla and Princess Diana 20 years after the latter's death | Daily Mail Online

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana