The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

This guy loves being in the press doesn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-20-2016, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
This guy loves being in the press doesn't he?

He's a chef, so he loves cooking. I think he absolutely adored his late boss and her children. He enjoy sharing his memories of cooking for the royals.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

No it is the DM reprinting old stories in a bid to overshadow the Queen's birthday.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think its really possible to overshadow the Queen's 90th birthday and all the festivities attached to is. Although not as much of a draw since 1997, there are still a lot of people who remember Diana, admire her and want to know more about her and articles about her and her life and her family still attract readers.

If I remember right, in one of the books about Diana, it mentions Mr. O'Grady and the meals he'd cook up and how appreciative Diana would be to him on occasions. Its all good.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
No it is the DM reprinting old stories in a bid to overshadow the Queen's birthday.

I don't understand why you think the DM would want to overshadow the Queens birthday.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I don't understand why you think the DM would want to overshadow the Queens birthday.

Neither do I. You would think its editors would be ecstatic about the celebrations, thinking of possible larger sales, souvenir editions etc.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sometimes I think this forum should be renamed the hate the press forum.
As I have said here before if the DM etc upset you don't read it. I really don't think they sit around thinking how can we take the spotlight off the Queen !!!!

Old 04-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Royal Highness

What logical reason would the DM have for reprinting an old article?

Today and tomorrow are a celebration of the Queen's 90th birthday.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Logical reason of the DM?

To increase the amount of clicks or web views which will have a direct impact on their advertising rates. They know they will get three types of people to comment on the article: those who miss/love Diana, those who dislike Charles/Camilla and will use the opportunity to bash those two and three, those who will complain about the need for the article because Diana is deceased.

I just ignore those types of articles. They are just filler at this point..they are really not sharing any new information.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

A story like that is merely Clickbait.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

For the same reason that at Christmas time there are far more human interest stories that relate to Christmas.

This is a major celebration for a Monarch and with it, many people that don't normally read royal related articles will be. Including even older royal related articles from the past puts more royal focus on royal things over the years at a very royal time of the year.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

I must say, I can't see the point of doing an article about what Princess Diana ordered from her chef 30 years ago. As usual, it's very little, worthless information blown out of all proportion to make an "exclusive" and will have little or no impact on the interest concerning the Queen's 90th birthday - for me anyway.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Gentry

Interesting article on that famous picture, recently watched a documentary where the BP press secretary bragged that he set that picture up, that two people can only do so much and he thought it would be better to spread them around to cover more places during the tour. He tried to argue the Princes' speech could lead to millions of pounds in exports for Britain...who can say for sure.

Had he known his job of press and public relations better,he'd have foreseen what a PR nightmare the solo visit at the Taj Mahal would be. Although maybe he was sly like a fox and a closet Diana supporter, he did say in his recent book that "everyone wanted to rip her knickers off" around the time of the wedding. IMO a distastful comment about such a lovely lady, but understandable. (Also the irony of him slagging Diana for her book is laughable now that Dickie has spilled the beans as well )

It constantly amazes me how BP and the royals had access to the best PR advice money can by, but little 'ol Diana was able to always beat them at the press game. Had she not been a Princess, she'd have been a cracking PR adviser :)

Yes, the Kate, or frankly, any woman that would marry Wills, im sure would have had to pass Diana's muster, but what mother doesn't want the best for their son? Although having to be compared to the most famous and beautiful woman in the world would have been tough for any woman, and Kate, without offering an opinion one way or the other on her, so dont read into it, has dodged a HUGE bullet. Even Diana-haters would have to concede that she was marvelous with children, and whatever the adult dynamics, its a safe bet she'd have been a SUPER grandmother :)
Old 04-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Diana would of gotten along well with Kate...they would have some things in common besides William and grandchildren....and Diana would want to see William in this type of relationship....just as I am sure Charles is happy to see it.

LaRae
Old 04-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duch_Luver_4ever View Post
Interesting article on that famous picture, recently watched a documentary where the BP press secretary bragged that he set that picture up, that two people can only do so much and he thought it would be better to spread them around to cover more places during the tour. He tried to argue the Princes' speech could lead to millions of pounds in exports for Britain...who can say for sure.

Had he known his job of press and public relations better,he'd have foreseen what a PR nightmare the solo visit at the Taj Mahal would be. Although maybe he was sly like a fox and a closet Diana supporter, he did say in his recent book that "everyone wanted to rip her knickers off" around the time of the wedding. IMO a distastful comment about such a lovely lady, but understandable. (Also the irony of him slagging Diana for her book is laughable now that Dickie has spilled the beans as well )

It constantly amazes me how BP and the royals had access to the best PR advice money can by, but little 'ol Diana was able to always beat them at the press game. Had she not been a Princess, she'd have been a cracking PR adviser :)
Diana should be given credit for her PR savvy but she was not an honest broker and IMO it is likely that her dishonesty would have eventually caught up with her like her conveniently leaving out that she had lovers, including ones who were married, or making hundreds of nuisance phone calls to one of her married lovers and saying a young boy made the calls.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:38 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Diana should be given credit for her PR savvy but she was not an honest broker and IMO it is likely that her dishonesty would have eventually caught up with her like her conveniently leaving out that she had lovers, including ones who were married, or making hundreds of nuisance phone calls to one of her married lovers and saying a young boy made the calls.
True, she wasnt always honest, then again, the Palace told some whoppers for years, CPB told the press for years rumors of her and Charles were rubbish, etc. She did own up to Hewitt on Panorama, I think the reason she left them out of the Morton book, was that she was looking for a way out of her life and that part would have to be told later once she was on better footing, one could argue it was an opening salvo, not the total story.

I agree, her choice in suitors was not the best by far, whats the saying, love the person, not their choices, that's my view on her. She didn't do herself any favors with ones like the Carling affair for sure. I think Hewitt's comment about her was true, that she was a loving, caring person, but years of open conflict had changed her, in ways that weren't always good.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think Diana would of gotten along well with Kate...they would have some things in common besides William and grandchildren....and Diana would want to see William in this type of relationship....just as I am sure Charles is happy to see it.

LaRae
She would've adored her daughter in law and would've gone crazy over those kids. I'm sure she's looking after them from a much higher place.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-24-2016, 11:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She would've adored her daughter in law and would've gone crazy over those kids. I'm sure she's looking after them from a much higher place.
Agreed on both kate, a happy marriage for her son, and the kids :)
Old 05-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Royal chef Darren McGrady recalls cooking for Princess Diana, Prince Harry and Prince William
Old 05-28-2016, 03:27 AM
Majesty

Princess Diana’s sea-green sequined evening gown up for auction | Daily Mail Online

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana