The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News & Questions Thread 8: June 2008- 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pity people don't think that her sons are alive and they loved their mother very much.
To make money by adding stories(unproved) to a book must upset them. Maybe we should all think how we would like our mother to be treated alive or dead.

Maybe at the time Diana should have thought about how her sons might feel in future when reading about her flirting with men! I'm playing devil's advocate here, since though I think she made a mistake by involving them in her battles with their father, I don't believe she owed her sons any duty with respect to what she did after she was separated from their father as long as it didn't amount to doing something disgraceful in public, and I don't consider the sort of flirting it seems she did to be disgraceful. William and Harry knew how unhappy Diana was in her marriage, and I think they would probably have been happy that she seemed happy flirting away like a carefree girl.

If this account does upset them, maybe they should grow thicker skins and grow up. Their mother was a separated adult at the time and perfectly entitled to flirt and even to seek happiness in a intimate relationship with a man if that was her choice.

And the fact these adult men might be upset by being confronted by accounts of their mother's private life that show she was a human being and not a saint, should not be reason for the biographers of the men she was associated with to refrain from mentioning her in their books.

And some people wrote books and articles about her while she was alive that were dismissed as lies and have proven to be true.

Some things can be true, but a great deal of it where lies, but stuck over the years as the truth. :bang:

Off-topic posts, together with incidental responses, have been deleted. Further controversial or disruptive posts will be deleted without notice.

Jacknch
British Forum Moderator

What lovely memories he has of Diana

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

He's the man whose name has become synonymous with sky-high stilettos with a lipstick-red sole - and Christian Louboutin's efforts have made him a fortune as well as an impressive A-list fanbase.

But now, the 51-year-old French designer has revealed the inspiration for the first pair he ever designed was no Hollywood star but the late Princess Diana.

What's more, the pair in question were a plain pair of delicate navy flats, albeit ones with a splash of his trademark crimson in the shape of the grosgrain ribbon laces.
Read more: Christian Louboutin's first shoes were pumps inspired by Diana's Taj Mahal photo | Daily Mail Online

:previous:
Princess Diana's best friend has said Diana "would have been a fantastic grandmother" in a moving tribute to the late princess.

Julia Samuel, who was close friends with Diana and is now godmother to Prince George, added: "It breaks my heart even thinking about it, because she would have been amazing, she really would."

On her role as godmother Julia said: "Diana is my role model – I am aiming to be as good a godmother as she was."

What a lovely piece and insight into the late Diana, Princess of Wales and indeed positive definition of being a godmother.

Could anyone say, about someone whom is no longer here on this world, no matter it is your sister, your friend, or a lady one a Princess, that this person would not be "a fantastic grandmother" ???? It is in essence kicking in a wide open door, and then not a wooden one but a door made of sugarcake fondant.

Her dearest friends and family know she would've been a fantastic grandmother. I know since William got married and had children, it can't be easy for them to watch and see the Cambridge family grow without Diana being present. It's something I think about all the time.

Could anyone say, about someone whom is no longer here on this world, no matter it is your sister, your friend, or a lady one a Princess, that this person would not be "a fantastic grandmother" ???? It is in essence kicking in a wide open door, and then not a wooden one but a door made of sugarcake fondant.

This says more about the one making this comment than the subject.

Somewhat i agree, it's pure speculation. We really don't know how diana would have lived her grandmotherhood. Knowing her complex personnality, maybe it wouldn't have been so great and wonderful for her. Sharing the picture was not her style either, so we can also speculate until the end of times about her possible relations with Kate and Carole.
She was wonderful with children though, so at least we can say she would have been happy to have some little ones around.

Somewhat i agree, it's pure speculation. We really don't know how diana would have lived her grandmotherhood. Knowing her complex personnality, maybe it wouldn't have been so great and wonderful for her. Sharing the picture was not her style either, so we can also speculate until the end of times about her possible relations with Kate and Carole.

You hit the nail on the head regarding her 'possible relations with Kate and Carole.' We would be living in 'interesting times', methinks. :flowers:

She was wonderful with children though, so at least we can say she would have been happy to have some little ones around.

Exactly so. :flowers: Hopefully she would have mellowed by now and would not attempt to outclass all the other grannies. :p

Why would she try to outclass other grandmothers though? When Charles met Diana she was working quietly as an assistant at a nursery school and was apparently loved by the pupils. She never tried to take over the school or anything.

In some ways Carole is lucky that she is George and Charlotte's only blood grandmother. If Diana was alive she would adore spending time with her grandchildren. She probably wouldn't clash with Carole. They wouldn't have much in common so wouldn't be spending a lot of time together.

Last edited:
One thing for sure is that Richard Kay and the DM would be having a field day with the ins and outs and ups and downs of Diana's relationships with not only the Cambridges but also the Middletons.

The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 8: June 2008-

You can argue that William might not have even met Kate. Losing his mother at 15 had to effect him. Maybe the William that he would have become with Diana still alive makes different choices from our reality's William. If he goes to a different university instead of St Andrews, more likely he isn't married to Kate and George and Charlotte don't exist in their present forms as the children of William and Kate.

Last edited:
:previous: Interesting alternate timeline to consider. :flowers:

One must remember- the person Julia is talking about was a dear close friend, whom she knew on a more personal and intimate level. She knows Diana would've been a fantastic grandmother, because Diana loved children from a very early age. Diana loved her own children dearly, and she would've loved her own grandchildren even more.

Julia isn't talking about the person whom people have branded mentally ill, attention seeking and who had bad relationships with everybody. That all comes from people who have capitalized off of Diana's memory over the years; with writing tons of books, publishing hundreds of articles and making documentaries.

One must remember- the person Julia is talking about was a dear close friend, whom she knew on a more personal and intimate level. She knows Diana would've been a fantastic grandmother, because Diana loved children from a very early age. Diana loved her own children dearly, and she would've loved her own grandchildren even more.

Julia isn't talking about the person whom people have branded mentally ill, attention seeking and who had bad relationships with everybody. That all comes from people who have capitalized off of Diana's memory over the years; with writing tons of books, publishing hundreds of articles and making documentaries.

Exactly I was going to reply along those lines but couldn't find the right words. So glad you did ?

I find the article's title misleading. From reading it, I think that those who took the survey were looking at the last 70 years of popular culture. If we were really looking at ''from all time", Diana would have some heavy competition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom