The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 AM
Administrator

Discussion of the book "The Princess and the President" by Valery Giscard d'Estaing has been moved to a new thread in the Royal Library.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles wanted evict Diana - Monsters and Critics
Quote:
The source added: "Her lawyer made it plain that as the mother of his [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]children[/COLOR][/COLOR] she was staying put in the family home. Next stop was Clarence House.
Rightfully so.

Michael Jackson's Diana crush - Monsters and Critics

Old 09-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
I saw this article but did not post it as it has no credible source. Nobody could claim to know how another feels, nor be privy to lawyers conversations, conversations with HM or QEQM. It is certainly slow news week!
------------------------
THE three most senior police officers who investigated the death of Princess Diana were wrong to withhold vital evidence from the French authorities, in which she revealed her fear of being killed in a staged car crash, a top lawyer said yesterday.

Daily Express | UK News :: Why did Police hide death letter?

The "Top lawyer" is Fayeds representative Mansfield!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Prince Charles wanted evict Diana - Monsters and Critics
quote from article:

"Britain's Prince Charles didn't want Princess Diana to live in Kensington Palace after their divorce.The 60-year old royal was devastated by the prospect of moving back in with his grandmother following the split."

So, Charles was born in 1937 when his mother was 11 years old. How come they missed that angle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Daily Express | UK News :: Why did Police hide death letter?
The "Top lawyer" is Fayeds representative Mansfield!
Mansfield would be acting under instructions. Which means Mohammed Al Fayed continues to try to create irrelevant diversions in an effort to absolve himself of any responsibility for the events which took place inside and outside of the Ritz on that fateful night.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
A SECRET feud between Diana, Princess of Wales and Princess Margaret was laid bare last night, revealing a relationship riven with hatred, bitterness and fierce *rivalry.

Daily Express | UK News :: Diana became royal neighbour from hell after slur on Charles
I kind of find it hard to imagine Princess Margaret turning the ice on the late princess especially when she'd had her own fair share of royal grief (like having to give up the man she loved). Perhaps I'm wrong though.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Administrator

Maybe because Princess Margaret didn't dish the dirt in public. That's the issue.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I think that the people in the palaces would have been able to put up with a lot from Diana had she not gone public with her private life. Most families would give the cold shoulder to someone who blabbed in public about their private business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

Maybe because Princess Margaret didn't dish the dirt in public. That's the issue.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Yes, Princess Margaret and Diana were close at one point. But once the book, Diana, Her True Story came out, I believe that was gone. Wasn't there a story about Diana being hesitant to give Lady Sarah Chatto a baby gift or something.

Princess Margaret did have to give up a great love but Diana was not thinking clearly on the following. Blood is blood. Margaret might have liked Diana but Charles was her nephew, who adored his "Aunt Margo." Furthermore as Warren said, discretion was extremely important to Princess Margaret.

I am waiting for the exhibit to hit the DC area as well.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Courtier

I onced stated IMO that out of all the members of the royal family Margaret was the one that was similar to Diana. The both longed for approvel from the Queen they both wanted more then anything to be loved by men they would never fully have heart and soul. They both turned to other men to complete a life the felt was empty even though they were married. Although PM never courted the press she was known for getting bad press the wild parties, odd (maybe not in my opinion)friendships. The island retreat where she was said to host male guest while married. PM even stated once (not word for word) that when there are two sisters and one is Queen the other is the bad one. Of course these are just similarities that I see can't speak for any one else. I would love to hear your opinions on my take one these two women.

Zonk your so close to Philly it may be a shame to wait.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Nobility

They did have some similarities, Margaret and Diana did. I know less about Margaret than Diana, but both put the royal family in the spotlight, Margaret in in the '50s-60s, and Diana in the '80s-90s, that was their greatest similiarity. Margaret hadn't married a man she loved merely because he was divorced, back in the day. She made compromises since she was royal, especially early on, although obviously she later divorced herself. Diana never did make compromises to be royal, not really even early on.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Michael Shea, the Queen's press secretary from 1978 to 1987 has died. Some obituaries have concentrated on his dealings with Diana and some on his role in inadvertently revealing the Queen's view of Margaret Thatcher. This extract from the Telegraph.co.uk relates to Diana when she first joined "The Firm"...

Shea's watch at Buckingham Palace could hardly have been more eventful, in view of the fact that it encompassed the romance, engagement, and wedding of the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer, all of which was accompanied by a media frenzy.

The Princess was later to complain that, as a 19-year-old ingénue, she had been left by the Palace to sink or swim ("I couldn't believe how cold everyone was"), but Shea insisted: "It has been said many times that she was not trained, shown the ropes, nor told what to expect when she first came to Buckingham Palace in 1981. This is simply not true. We took her to newspaper offices and television newsrooms and arranged that she even listened in, or, on occasion, actually answered journalists' questions anonymously by sitting in the Palace Press Office and taking calls. We rehearsed her early speeches and her answers to formal interview questions."
Old 10-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Even now, do you really think Diana fans will believe the truth, that Diana was given help and training in her job, in the same way they do not want to believe that Charles' friends welcomed her into their set. The truth rarely makes a good story.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Administrator

People will choose to believe what they want to believe.
The best anyone can do is to put the facts, or sources, in the Forums for the record.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Diana herself said during the 1985 interview with Alastair Burnet that she had received a lot of help when she was new to the "job." I have Michael Shea's book, and he says the same thing there.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

'Female force' to be reckoned with: Princess Diana is immortalised in a 'glowing' comic book | Mail Online (28/10/2009).
Old 10-29-2009, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

A Gloucestershire vicar, Geoff Stickland, has banned pop songs at funerals after blaming the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, for increasing numbers of mourners requesting music such as "My Way" and "Grandad"

Vicar attacks ‘Princess Diana funeral culture’ for pop songs at funerals - Telegraph
Old 10-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Majesty

That is a bit over the top.

Long before Diana was even on the scene my mother said that she wanted "My Way" at her funeral and we had no problem having it played. We also had her three favourite hymns and the service was very much a tribute to Mum but I simply wouldn't have felt that I had done the right thing for her funeral without 'My Way' and a church funeral. It was just so 'Mum'.

To put the blame for people wanting songs like that on Diana is unfair, in my opinion.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

There's been couple of these comics one on First Lady Obama, FMR Secretary of State Condoliza, Hilliary Clinton and twilight writer Stephenie Meyer. Interesting.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

An Anglican minister I know said that people were saying that they'd like to have a funeral "like Diana's". He's a very conservative Anglican, and I don't think that the idea went over with him very well.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Sounds like some vicar wanted media attention. Maybe he should concentrate on good works and prayer as opposed to self-aggrandizement.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana