The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Administrator

The Late Diana, Princess of Wales, News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008

Diana's Royal Arms

Welcome to Part 7 of the Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread
commencing October 2007

Part 6, covering June to September 2007, can be found here.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

How interesting the Princess of Wales was actually a good cook before marrying. I actually read in A Royal Duty that the Princess made very good pasta.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Her mother and father sent her to a three month cooking class after she finished school and moved to London.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well it seems like it paid off.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

That is interesting! It seemed to me that none of them could cook. I had read "Dining with the Duchess" Sarah Ferguson's book and it seemed to me that she didn't cook at all, that all the recipes were created for her.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton Who? Paris Hilton is the New Princess Diana Says Mirren

National Ledger - Kate Middleton Who? Paris Hilton is the New Princess Diana Says Mirren
Old 10-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't they have anything else to publish then BS like this.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ken Wharfe was interviewed on The Today Show this morning, about the inquest and whether the inquest would silence the conspiracy theorists (of course not), whether the paparazzi were responsible for the accident (no, in his opinion) and the problem with Prince William and Kate recently (the royals just need to let photographers take their photographs, he said). (I have to agree with Wharfe -- let them take as many pictures as they want and cease the cat and mouse games -- and that goes for Britney/Lohan et al. too.)
Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Ken Wharfe was interviewed on The Today Show this morning, about the inquest and whether the inquest would silence the conspiracy theorists (of course not), whether the paparazzi were responsible for the accident (no, in his opinion) and the problem with Prince William and Kate recently (the royals just need to let photographers take their photographs, he said). (I have to agree with Wharfe -- let them take as many pictures as they want and cease the cat and mouse games -- and that goes for Britney/Lohan et al. too.)
I would have liked to see that interview. I'm always interested in what Ken Wharfe has to say.

I agree about the photos; let them take them. I suspect (and I may be wrong of course) that if the royals stopped running, the paparazzi might stop chasing as much, or at least the same way. If they know you're just going to walk calmly to your car, smiling sweetly, or expressionless as the case may be, and won't bolt, and wont be pulling quirky faces as you rush to your car and clamber in then try to outrun them in a high speed getaway, you might not be as interesting to them. And I would think that less drama would be less stressful for the subject, too.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree, Roslyn. Stand there for 10 minutes and let them get the pictures, then go about your business. It seems that that would be less stressful than all the hiding, pushing and shoving.

Daniel Radcliffe told recently how he had defeated the photogs. While he was in Equus, he discovered that the photographers lost interest (because they couldn't get paid enough for their photos) if he wore the same thing to work every night. (Not that I'm advocating that "the kids" wear the same clothes every time they go out!)
Old 10-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

It's farewell from Diana's loyal lover

It's farewell from Diana's loyal lover | the Daily Mail

Princess Diana's heart surgeon lover quits Britain

Princess Diana's heart surgeon lover quits Britain | the Daily Mail
Old 10-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such a true gentlemen I wish the Princess had married him Hasnat was so better then Dodi.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Diana and the schoolboy
http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/content/cam...A17%3A58%3A153

A very funny story.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

Dr Hasnat Khan - Why am I not at Diana inquest?
Why aren't I at inquest? | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals
Princess Diana Inquest Day 3635 AD (After Diana): Dr Hasnat Khan » Anorak News
Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
'9/11' and Diana funeral among TV's most memorable moments: poll - Yahoo! News UK

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

And they imaginative viewers would like to see on television by 2012:
Prince William marrying Kate Middleton
Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the whole world were glued to their television sets when these two tragic but memorable events occured.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Goodness, what a huge poll, almost 2000 people.
Quote:
I think the whole world were glued to their television sets when these two tragic but memorable events occured
The whole world didn't watch either event, half of Britain did not even watch the funeral. As the poll was only 'almost' 2000 people, it would be hard to jump to such a conclusion.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Goodness, what a huge poll, almost 2000 people.
The whole world didn't watch either event, half of Britain did not even watch the funeral. As the poll was only 'almost' 2000 people, it would be hard to jump to such a conclusion.
Well actually Skydragon, 2.5 billion watched the funeral on TV ...

Quote:
But this figure is dwarfed by a single live broadcast which got an estimated 2.5 billion viewers in 1997 - the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales.

link : BBC NEWS | Entertainment | TV and Radio | TV's world record breakers
Quote:
An estimated 2.5 billion watched the funeral on television -- about half the people on earth. Over a million in person watched the procession of the funeral cortege, or the journey to her private burial.

link : Princess Diana's Funeral

Because it matters...
Old 10-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana paparazzi 'were expecting news' - Yahoo! News UK

Because it matters...
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana