The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMO I don't think Diana would've married him she was much in love with Hasnat.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana was the epitome of girl power: Victoria
Zee News - Diana was the epitome of girl power: Victoria=

'9/11' and Diana funeral among TV's most memorable moments: poll

AFP: '9/11' and Diana funeral among TV's most memorable moments: poll

Old 10-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Well actually Skydragon, 2.5 billion watched the funeral on TV ...
Definitely not the whole world then! And only an estimated 31 million in the UK, that figure I understand, is based on the TV's that were receiving a signal at the time and does not allow for people watching a video.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does it really matter Skydragon, it is still a memorable event.

Anyway I really enjoyed reading the article about the Princess being the epitome of girl power. :)
Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Does it really matter Skydragon, it is still a memorable event.
Fact's always matter.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Anyway people, my post wasn't aimed to prove anything, just to find some stats. Those numbers were 'estimated' so they aren't undeniable truth but we can still say it makes alot of viewers.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Diana's eyes 'flickered'
Princess Diana's eyes 'flickered' - Top Stories - News - Mirror.co.uk
Old 10-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Diana was not serious about her relationship with Dodi Al Fayed, because she was still in love with Prince Charles, a top confidante has revealed.

'Prince Charles remained Diana's one true love,' says confidante - Yahoo! India News
Old 10-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Princess Diana was not serious about her relationship with Dodi Al Fayed, because she was still in love with Prince Charles, a top confidante has revealed.

'Prince Charles remained Diana's one true love,' says confidante - Yahoo! India News
I actually believe it. It makes perfect sense that she really loved him ; otherwise why would she have battled so much to get him ?

Because it matters...
Old 10-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I actually believe it. It makes perfect sense that she really loved him ; otherwise why would she have battled so much to get him ?
'Diana was still in love with Charles' says top confidante

'Diana was still in love with Charles' says top confidante | the Daily Mail

with photos
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
How very true but also very sad, Charles didn't deserve her love.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
But I think it's more complicated than that. For Diana, like every people who marries, it was an obvious fact that Charles would stop having more than friend relationships with Camilla or other women. And he did for a while but when you realised that the woman you've married isn't THE one, it's impossible to go backwards without hurting anyone. There's no doubt Charles suffered from seeing his wife entering in a self-destruction phase because of his 'mistake' (so to speak). And I'm sure he loved her, in his own way.

Because it matters...
Old 10-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
But does one need to "deserve" love? Love is about give and take and has two sides if it should work out. If Diana really felt that Charles was her real love she should have behaved better towards him and not started that War of the Waleses. It really has a somewhat psychotic aspect to it when she really believed that after what she had done to him. I bet all those fanatcs who deem themselves in love with a celeb would sign as well that this person was the love of their life but deserved all the celeb got from them because their love wasn't properly returned...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

How could she behave better towards him while he was sleeping with another woman?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
But does one need to "deserve" love? Love is about give and take and has two sides if it should work out. If Diana really felt that Charles was her real love she should have behaved better towards him and not started that War of the Waleses. It really has a somewhat psychotic aspect to it when she really believed that after what she had done to him.
It makes you wonder about her 'true love' Hewitt (Panorama interview - I really loved him) and Khan (according to friends her 'true love'). I always feel that if you 'really' love someone, you would not want to cause them any hurt, if it is in your power to avoid it.
This is something someone said to me many years ago, (Probably over an ex boyfriend () -

If you love something, let it go,
If it comes back to you it is yours,
If it doesn't it never was.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post

It seems to me that that might be just an excuse. I've been in that position before. Men can't really believe that a woman would just "use" them and be gone. There has to be some other reason, and voila! She plays the "I'm still in love with Charles" card which actually trumps her two "problems": Public sympathy for the jilted wife, and gets you out of a "relationship" that really wasn't a relationship to begin with.
This way she can save face and not have to say "Dodi, you were fun, but you're not marriage material."
Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
It seems to me that that might be just an excuse. I've been in that position before. Men can't really believe that a woman would just "use" them and be gone. There has to be some other reason, and voila! She plays the "I'm still in love with Charles" card which actually trumps her two "problems": Public sympathy for the jilted wife, and gets you out of a "relationship" that really wasn't a relationship to begin with.
This way she can save face and not have to say "Dodi, you were fun, but you're not marriage material."
Did Diana ever publicly say that she still loved Charles no she didn't. She told her friend ten years ago who has now told everyone of Diana's feelings towards Charles.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Did Diana ever publicly say that she still loved Charles no she didn't. She told her friend ten years ago who has now told everyone of Diana's feelings towards Charles.
Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. But if true, IMO it's a nice, convenient excuse to get ride of somebody you don't want to date anymore.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Courtier

I'm trying to track down a mesage I saw some time ago (sorry to be vague!) which included links(?) to a picture of Diana & Sara Duchess of York seated at a tea table. Someone later pointed out that this had in fact been altered and the original was of Diana at an official engagement sitting with someone else entirely. Was it somewhere on this board I saw that? Anyone able to provide any directions for me please? The picture has surfaced again elsewhere and I'd like to track the original to be able to illustrate the changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
I'm trying to track down a mesage I saw some time ago (sorry to be vague!) which included links(?) to a picture of Diana & Sara Duchess of York seated at a tea table. Someone later pointed out that this had in fact been altered and the original was of Diana at an official engagement sitting with someone else entirely. Was it somewhere on this board I saw that? Anyone able to provide any directions for me please? The picture has surfaced again elsewhere and I'd like to track the original to be able to illustrate the changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's OK - I found it. Diana was having lunch with Queen Fabiola in Brussels (October 1993)

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana