The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Will people buy? Depressingly, yes.
Yes some people still believe that Burrell is a sterling character who holds Diana's closest secrets, that his only purpose now in life is to perpetuate her memory in his own selfless manner!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Brain tumour won't stop me working, says Martin Bashir
Brain tumour won't stop me working, says Martin Bashir | Mail Online

I don't like this guy. I don't like his professional ethics. The Michael Jackson and Princess of Wales interviews still leave a bad taste, I think he manipulated both of them.

BUT...I wouldn't wish a brain tumour on anyone. I had a school friend die of one aged 13...benign or not it must be terrifying.

I do hope that he recovers.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Commoner

I think the guy should be given a break, look at what the establishment tried to do to him. They were ready to convict him, and look at how long it took the Queen to step in and stop it. They RUINED his life.

I don't agree with some of the things he has done since, but he did guard many of her closest secrets, the problem with tragedies like the death of Diana, is that the real person gets lost in the tales told after their death.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, all true, but still Burrell need not be so tasteless in the items he selects for selling. Diana did many things but she was not shopping at Woolworth and I sincerely hope her butler wasn't doing that either.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumberland View Post
I think the guy should be given a break, look at what the establishment tried to do to him. They were ready to convict him, and look at how long it took the Queen to step in and stop it. They RUINED his life.

I don't agree with some of the things he has done since, but he did guard many of her closest secrets, the problem with tragedies like the death of Diana, is that the real person gets lost in the tales told after their death.
What a pity he didn't immediately return the items he had taken 'for safe keeping' to their rightful owners. He had no right to hold onto any of it with the excuse that he would have returned them 'in person' to the princes. IMO!

He didn't do too well with her secrets either, he printed them for all to see!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I agree completely. It would have been better of him to shut the door at Kensington Palace and leave that life behind and let the chips fall where they might have. He could have found a position after Diana's death that suited his abilities and experiences. Now, he's cut himself off from ever returning to what paid his bills for years and he's stuck forever hawking princess-y, tacky things. He has made a deal with the Devil of Celebrity and now has to pay his share.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Diana's touching notes to butler to be sold at auction - Telegraph

Greenbank High School teenager from Birkdale given Princess Diana award - Southport Visiter
Congrats to the girl who won the award. :)
Old 06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

A nice article, Thank you for that.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Gentry

Diana seemed to be a very thoughtful person, never forgetting to send thank you notes expressing her gratitude.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

That was her key. She never forgot a thank you note. I think today's young people ought to resurrect that nicety.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Nobility

Smile

Thank you so much sirhon11234 for these wonderful articles about the wonderful princess. I do agree, it's the personal touches that really makes the lovely Diana.

And I am so glad to hear that such an award exists.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

This isn't new I've seen little clips from this on youtube but dailymail is claiming it's new so I thought I'd post it anyways

Diana stopped trusting her true friends before she died says Elton John in 'most candid interview' ever | Mail Online

Di was also mentioned on the View today Tina Brown came to talk about the royals and they started talking about the inquest and bascailly she said that there will always be people who think it was murder but that the inquest so carefully outlined everything that you'd be crazy to still think it's murder and then they talked a bit bout Camilla.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Elton John isn't one of my favourite people, but I must admit that I admired the way that he held it together during his performance at Diana's funeral. He was supremely professional on that occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
This isn't new I've seen little clips from this on youtube but dailymail is claiming it's new so I thought I'd post it anyways

Diana stopped trusting her true friends before she died says Elton John in 'most candid interview' ever | Mail Online

Di was also mentioned on the View today Tina Brown came to talk about the royals and they started talking about the inquest and bascailly she said that there will always be people who think it was murder but that the inquest so carefully outlined everything that you'd be crazy to still think it's murder and then they talked a bit bout Camilla.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Elton John says Princess Di was 'airy fairy' with her true friends | The Sun |HomePage|Showbiz|Bizarre

"airy fairy” with her true friends"

real friends may write "homages" to their friends (and make $) but to make $ off a dead persons flaws IMO is disloyal and unforgivable. during my fight i've found out who my friends are, and it's eyeopening and heartbreaking. diana had her issues but isn't that what true love and friendship is.... "knowing who they are, and loving them anyway". thank you for the links, i'm not commenting on "the butler" anymore, he should be ashamed and forgotten.

what does "airy fairy" mean? flakey, unrealiable, wishy washy, game player, user? i don't think i'm familar with the term in TX, to me me it suggests flakey but i know it can be totally opposite across the pond ie:" trunk/boot"
Old 06-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
what does "airy fairy" mean?
In this context it probably means inconsistent and offhand.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Nobility

I can't even to begin to comprehend Diana's surreal life. Although I believe her true self was most evident in relationship to her children.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana's life was very complex..
Old 06-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Time for a new thread.

Part 8 can be found here

¨

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana