The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News & Questions Thread 8: June 2008- 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I did think it strange that Diana's letters will be sold -- perhaps it does have something to do with the economic downturn.

But then it got me thinking -- wouldn't it be a waste to have something just sitting in a corner of your house gathering dust when it might really be valuable to someone else? I know of several people who sold things they received as inheritance after keeping it in their house for a while because these items were just sitting there collecting dust.

And it's not like she sold these letter immediately after Diana died -- she kept them as long as she could until it dawned on her that she won't have any "use" for them.

I think that I'd be more offended as well had she sold them within a few years of Diana's death; but it's been over 10 years now. She could probably make a lot more money writing a tell-all book about living with the Spencers, but she hasn't done that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like whoever hasn't cleaned out their closets/attics feel it's safe to sale the last of their Diana-related items, first moldy cake, then the nanny-grams, now an engagement blouse that's really not by the author's own admission:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ment-blouse-after-financial-difficulties.html
The dressmaker who designed Diana, Princess of Wales's wedding gown is to auction the Princess's "engagement blouse" after falling into financial difficulties.

Oh Thats so good, i think that Diana Show everyone how should be a princess in this years, good for mary

why they were glad if Sarah didn`t marry Charles??

Hi Angi, Diana didn't say in the letter why they were glad Sarah didn't marry Charles. I thought it was interesting though how the Spencer children were trying to marry her off though. I wonder if she appreciated it.

Hi Angi, Diana didn't say in the letter why they were glad Sarah didn't marry Charles. I thought it was interesting though how the Spencer children were trying to marry her off though. I wonder if she appreciated it.

It is really interesting to see along which lines Diana's thoughts went back then: not about a career for her sister, about a certain way to live but about whom to marry: the higher ranked the better. No matter if Sarah loved him or not. It seems Diana followed suit with her own decision about whom to marry.

It is really interesting to see along which lines Diana's thoughts went back then: not about a career for her sister, about a certain way to live but about whom to marry: the higher ranked the better. No matter if Sarah loved him or not. It seems Diana followed suit with her own decision about whom to marry.
But that was still the norm back then, wasn't it Jo? Nowadays, a scant 30 years later, you don't really see that as much, though I will tell you that they are in droves around the Army bases my son is at, little 18 year olds hoping for a Richard Gere Officer and a Gentleman scenario. . . .:whistling:

It is most definetly still going around, I hear women who are my friends and in my family say "I want to marry a doctor, lawyer, business exec" but what about a sanitation worker they make pretty good money.

In a way I guess we all want to marry well.

Classic oxymoron? :whistling:
There are some exceptions. Mr S and the little Skydragons for instance, most are complete *********'s:whistling: Nice but dim is the usual description, thank goodness the forces are normally led by the NCO's.:D

I take it Mr S and the little skydragons are oblivious to what you've been saying about them on TRF. :D

There are some exceptions. Mr S and the little Skydragons for instance, most are complete *********'s:whistling:
That is a masterly (or is that mistressly) understatement, Mr S et al excepting.
Skydragon said:
Nice but dim is the usual description, thank goodness the forces are normally led by the NCO's.:D
Amen sister! You don't have to be thick to be an officer . . . but it helps! :D

I take it Mr S and the little skydragons are oblivious to what you've been saying about them on TRF. :D
:eek::eek: I tell them on a regular basis that they are complete idiots!

Children yes, Husband, Mmmm tends to be 'Indeed madam, you did however marry me':ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mr. Skydragon has a point here, definately.:ROFLMAO: Though being a true gentleman he should not flaunt it in your presence.:flowers:

^I never thought about it that way oh lord, maybe that explains Diana's fears or she was genuinly paranoid one of the two.

Here's a thought. If it's true that this psychic told Diana about her vision of an accident, is THIS what put the idea that she'd be assassinated into her mind? Oh! How I wish that the Princess had never got involved with all that mystical business!!:bang:

I read the article very closely, and Diana, Princess of Wales was told in 1996, by the aide who talked with psychic, that the Queen Mum and Queen were going to die very shortly apart. It was not her. She was also told that Prince Charles was going to die in an auto accident by another psychic. I don't think any of her psychics hit it on the head about her death. I think her death was meant to happen.

I feel just like you. I wish the Princess would have relied on God instead of phychics. After the aide told Princess Diana, she stopped using that psychic. But, I read somewhere that while Diana was involved with Dodi, she took him to another psychic and that woman told Dodi to be careful of a car accident. That psychic regrets she did not see Princess Diana in the accident.

I have used psychics a few times and they are not accurate. I think she used psychics, her own mental sickness and stress to get the idea that she'd be assassinated in a car right around her divorce.:flowers:

I think it's an excellent idea to make use of the fact Diana's failure to wear a seat belt is probably the ultimate reason she died. She still has a huge following and if using this information can save lives, it should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom