The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well many people admired her work and were ready to help her in any of her charities and campaigns. Landmines is a very serious matter for countries like the US and if she had really wanted to stop it, she could have. In fact, she did post-mortem so the theory of her being killed because of her engagement against landmines is illogical.

I think she gave the world more awareness and help make more countries vote for the ban that probably won't have. I still think it is logical because it was a very serious matter for a lot of countries to keep them. She made ememies in high places. :flowers:

The United States and I believe Great Britian protested the ban on landmines. I know the United States made money making these weapons. I don't know if the United States or Great Britain when the countries voted on banning landmines even voted for the ban. So you see Diana, Princess of Wales did not know the can of worms that she open when she championed the landmines ban. And as we know the ban on landmines was dedicated to her work. Just a thought- She could have gotten governments watching her and wanting to silence her.

Do we really know from the way the car looked that if Diana was wearing a seat belt that she wouldn't be deformed from the accident? Silence so to say. Look at Trever Reys-Jones(?) an he wore a seat belt.

I think it is real interesting that the MP want the inquest to be stopped. Are they afraid of something?
The Ottawa Treaty (Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction) came into force on March1st 1999. The treaty was the result of the leadership of the Government of Canada working with the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, launched in 1992. The campaign and its leader, Jody Williams, won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 for its efforts.
So, although Diana became a supporter, as she was not a 'driving force' within the campaign, it would have made no difference to the campaign or it's leaders, to kill Diana. So in answer to your first point, she simply wasn't important enough. The ban is called the OTTAWA TREATY, not the Diana treaty. The UK signed up to it, the US did not.

Diana was sat in the back, if she had worn her seatbelt, almost all the 'experts' agree that she would probably have survived. TRJ was in the front and because he had a seatbelt on, he is able to lead a normal life after recovering from his injuries.

There is no THEY, it was one MP speaking out, like a great many ordinary Brits because he believes it has been a total waste of taxpayers money, investigating the ravings of Fayed, a man who is clearly in need of psychiatric treatment.

Coroner's Warning To Princess Diana Inquest Media |Sky News|UK News

Al Fayed sounds like nothing less than a paranoid lunatic in the testimony. I read the transcripts and wondered why he was not questioned about his lies about Diana's deathbed conversation with him? As it was later explained by the medical authoritites, Diana never regained conciousness, much less talked to Al Fayed. If confronted about this, would he have lied again, making the staff of the French hospital part of the conspiracy as well?

Clearly he lied because suddenly he I think changed his story with Diana talking to him at the hospital I think it was over the pregnancy issue, he clearly changed it to her calling him at 10 that night, along with telling him about the engagement. Skydragon thank you very much for reply to my question, it makes alot more sense in my head thinking about it.

Last edited:
So, although Diana became a supporter, as she was not a 'driving force' within the campaign, it would have made no difference to the campaign or it's leaders, to kill Diana. So in answer to your first point, she simply wasn't important enough. The ban is called the OTTAWA TREATY, not the Diana treaty. The UK signed up to it, the US did not.

Diana was sat in the back, if she had worn her seatbelt, almost all the 'experts' agree that she would probably have survived. TRJ was in the front and because he had a seatbelt on, he is able to lead a normal life after recovering from his injuries.

There is no THEY, it was one MP speaking out, like a great many ordinary Brits because he believes it has been a total waste of taxpayers money, investigating the ravings of Fayed, a man who is clearly in need of psychiatric treatment.

I thought the inquest stated that no one in the car had their seatbelts on?

I listen and read the news reports of the excesses in this Inquest and I wonder...... Is it not illegal to commit purgery, attempt to pervert the course of justice and trying to subourn witnesses? :ermm:

Mr Al Fayed seems to be very publicly guilty on all accounts, and yet nothing is said. :argh:

Is the Coroner perhaps hoping that they can just ignore him and finish the inquest as soon as possible :ermm:

Surely he knows that Mr Al Fayed will not just go back to his corner and drool on the memorial to his son and Princess Diana. The man's public ravings are a embarassment to British Law, and as British Law has made no attempts to publicly silence him, I se no end in sight. :blink:

When is it time to say 'Enough!', and charge him? Are there two standards in Britsh law, one for Mr Al Fayed and another for everyone else? Is he not in contempt? If it were anyone else but Princess Diana involved wouldn't the case be down and well dusted after all this time. :furious:

I truely do not understand why unsupported suppositions regarding the nature of the couple's relationship/engagement/pregnancy are any more acceptable in a court of law than Mr Al Fayed's wild and vicious allegations against the BRF, Prince's Phillip and Charles in particular. :bang:

Thank you Skydragon and you are right on with your points. As for landmines, the military uses a different type now. I don't remember all the details and am too lazy to do the research again. :flowers:
Regardless, no government would have wasted the time or the money to murder Diana because she campaigned against landminds. That is about as ridiculous as the theory that JFK was actually alive on a Greek island. Diana died because she was in a car that was being driven at a high rate of speed and there was an ACCIDENT. The fact that she was not wearing her seatbelt sealed her fate.
I can understand why some might feel that all of this is a huge waste of money. But no matter the results of the inquest, there will be those who will continue to look for monsters under the bed.
Lexi

Ok one more question man I must be getting annoying...do you guys think given what Frank Klein said a few months ago in the inquest the MI6 would have gone through with anything had they only heard him mentioning the word "engagement" and that he needed jewellery...like do you know what I mean? They didn't even know at that point if she would go to Paris with him. so what would they plot all that out for nothing..do you know what I mean? I still doubt it though cause what they woulda followed them all day to see where they went had they had enough time to plot everything but considering the fact the decision was last minute....the idea sounds weird to me so I doubt it....sorry my mind has been playing around this for a few days now.

Last edited:
Ok one more question man I must be getting annoying- SNIPPED. :flowers:
I can only answer you with the facts that have been presented and my opinion. :flowers:

Diana's decision to go back to Paris was not planned from what we have heard. The engagement seems to have been a figment of Fayed's imagination, his greatest hope, a chance to get back at the Royal Family that he hates but wants desperately to be a part of. Would anyone have taken an engagement to Dodi seriously, after all they had been seeing each other for such a short time, most people would I think, have sat back and waited for this relationship to fizzle out.

What difference would it have made to TRF or government, IF Diana had married Dodi? None.
Would it have mattered IF she married a muslim, NO. The only 'damage', if any would have been to Diana's image.
Would it have mattered IF after such a short 'relationship', Diana had been pregnant, again only to Diana's image.

These are the reasons that Fayed states why, in his opinion, they were 'murdered'.

The security services couldn't have known that they would leave the Ritz at a given time, because it hadn't been decided. They couldn't have known which door Dodi would use, they couldn't know that the paparazzi would not be right there, behind the car, they couldn't know that there wouldn't be a huge stream of traffic going through the tunnel.

The main point though is that it wouldn't have mattered to anyone who Diana decided to have a relationship with.

I honestly think that the Royal Family probably wanted Diana to move on with her life and just leave them alone. She had signed a "gag order", and so there wouldn't have been anymore revelations from her.

Paul Burrell has been recalled to the inquest. The reason? What he said in court and what he's said in various media outlets doesn't add up and the Court requires clarification. The saying, "Chickens coming home to roost" has never been so perfect. He could face charges of perjury.

Paul Burrell has been recalled to the inquest. The reason? What he said in court and what he's said in various media outlets doesn't add up and the Court requires clarification. The saying, "Chickens coming home to roost" has never been so perfect. He could face charges of perjury.

I wonder whatever possessed him to go blabbing to the media about not telling the whole truth at the inquest and introducing red herrings. He seems to have forgotten that it's the Queen who's above the law, not Diana's butler.

I wonder whatever possessed him to go blabbing to the media about not telling the whole truth at the inquest and introducing red herrings. He seems to have forgotten that it's the Queen who's above the law, not Diana's butler.

Money. Pounds. Cash. He's been swanning about taking huge cheques for trade secrets and telling people what they wanted to hear. Now it's come back and bitten him on the ass and I couldn't be happier. It'll be a joyous day when they send that old queen down.

I can only answer you with the facts that have been presented and my opinion. :flowers:

Diana's decision to go back to Paris was not planned from what we have heard. The engagement seems to have been a figment of Fayed's imagination, his greatest hope, a chance to get back at the Royal Family that he hates but wants desperately to be a part of. Would anyone have taken an engagement to Dodi seriously, after all they had been seeing each other for such a short time, most people would I think, have sat back and waited for this relationship to fizzle out.

What difference would it have made to TRF or government, IF Diana had married Dodi? None.
Would it have mattered IF she married a muslim, NO. The only 'damage', if any would have been to Diana's image.
Would it have mattered IF after such a short 'relationship', Diana had been pregnant, again only to Diana's image.

These are the reasons that Fayed states why, in his opinion, they were 'murdered'.

The security services couldn't have known that they would leave the Ritz at a given time, because it hadn't been decided. They couldn't have known which door Dodi would use, they couldn't know that the paparazzi would not be right there, behind the car, they couldn't know that there wouldn't be a huge stream of traffic going through the tunnel.

The main point though is that it wouldn't have mattered to anyone who Diana decided to have a relationship with.

Yes you are very right Skydragon I thought it through and basically answered my own question. Again I am sorry for troubling you with so many of my questions.:flowers:

I remember that as being part of the divorce agreement. In Sarah York's case, I don't think that there was a "gag order." And we know what's happened there. :rolleyes: Once Diana was divorced, she didn't really talk publicly about her marriage or the conditions of the divorce. Of course, the divorce was 11 years ago now. Details can get fuzzy over that period of time.

Had she??? :flowers:

Everything was so terribly haphazard and impulsive-driven that last evening in Paris. It would have taken a whole tribe of James-Bond-type super-villains to plan an accident that night. :wacko:

^Exactly...I think it was Debbie (Dodi's assistant) who mentioned how fast and crazy the day was. I'd also like to say someone would have needed to tip them off in order for them to know that they were leaving. I'm sure Mr. Fayed's answer would have been Henri Paul tipped them off but that wasn't his job in relation to his work with the MI6, obviously the only reason he had any sorts of contact with them was because of his job......plus everyone says he was very loyal to Dodi and would never do anything of such sorts to hurt him(I myself doubt even for sucha hefty pay) so that isn't possible and of course many other factors go into it as well.

Last edited:
Everything was so terribly haphazard and impulsive-driven that last evening in Paris. It would have taken a whole tribe of James-Bond-type super-villains to plan an accident that night. :wacko:

And don't forget MoneyPenny. :)

"What difference would it have made to TRF or government, IF Diana had married Dodi? None.
Would it have mattered IF after such a short 'relationship', Diana had been pregnant, again only to Diana's image."

Just wondering - do you think her image would have been hurt by marrying a Muslim? It seems that Hasnat Khan was a well respected surgeon. The issue I think would have been with her marrying Dodi Fayed. And even though Mohammed Al Fayed changed his tune about his deathbed conversation with Diana - his lies were still public record and I would have loved to have seen him challenged on them. He is so busy calling everyone else a liar - it would have been nice to see him caught in his own game.

I, too am glad that Paul Burrell seems to be getting his "come uppance" - he is incredibly full of himself. It is too bad that he couldn't and wouldn't keep his mouth shut from the beginning.

Well many people admired her work and were ready to help her in any of her charities and campaigns. Landmines is a very serious matter for countries like the US and if she had really wanted to stop it, she could have. In fact, she did post-mortem so the theory of her being killed because of her engagement against landmines is illogical.

I think if Diana had continued with politically-controversial causes, the Queen may have at one point been forced to take the Princess of Wales title away from Diana. The title is, by history, too tied to the Royal Family for it to get associated in people's minds with a political cause when by her very role as constitutional monarch, the Queen has forbid herself and her family from making a controversial political statement. Its true that Diana was no longer a member of the Royal Family after the divorce but she still held the Princess of Wales title and an elevated rank in the order of precedence so that a lot of people could understandably still be of the impression that she was part of the Royal Family.

And the idea of a member of the Royal Family making political waves could only hurt the Queen - not help the Queen. So I do think that Diana could have forced the Queen into a corner whereby Her Majesty would have been compelled to take away her title.

That is, if she had kept up with these types of campaigns.

That's right, Ysbel, about the Princess of Wales title and the political controversy business. When the divorce was announced, I remember that Diana was still to be considered a member of the Royal Family even though divorced (maybe because she was the mother of the future king?). There was an item in ROYALTY MAGAZINE about Diana applauding after a particular speech being made, and that was taken as a political act at the time.

I think if Diana had continued with politically-controversial causes, the Queen may have at one point been forced to take the Princess of Wales title away from Diana.

I don't think that her image would have really been hurt by marrying a Muslim as long as the man was a respectable person. There was just something about Dodi Fayed that seemed wrong, even without his father's "baggage."

judith14011;733200[FONT=Book Antiqua said:
Just wondering - do you think her image would have been hurt by marrying a Muslim? It seems that Hasnat Khan was a well respected surgeon. The issue I think would have been with her marrying Dodi Fayed. [/FONT].

Ya think? :wacko: :rolleyes:
Winnner of the inaugural "Extreme Brevity with Unerring Accuracy" Award! :D:angel:

Why thank you :flowers::D :ROFLMAO:

Let's face it he has the upper echelons of the RF,(but he wouldn't dare involve the Queen !) MI6, The British PM at the time, ambulance drivers, Henri Paul? hospitals and doctors all conspiring to stage an accident with military precision within a couple of hours if you believe his rantings of Diana being pregnant and about to marry Dodi being the reason they were "murdered".

I'm sorry it just doesn't add up to me

If you are going to murder some-one you don't stage an accident with the possibility of the occupants of the car surviving and telling the tale.

Trouble is, he wants only one outcome from this inquest I don't think he is going to get it, then somehow I think he is going to have to be gagged by Court Order at least otherwise he is NEVER going to shut up

I don't think that her image would have really been hurt by marrying a Muslim as long as the man was a respectable person. There was just something about Dodi Fayed that seemed wrong, even without his father's "baggage."

That's an interesting point, Mermaid. I wonder though whether Dodi was the first one to seethe with resentment against the English establishment rather than his father.

Before Diana, Dodi was best known for producing a remarkable movie, Chariots of Fire, and I find it ironic that the central plot of the movie is how the rage of a well-to-do Jewish athlete towards the exclusiveness of English establishment drives him towards running and an Olympic gold medal. Ben Cross who played the athlete Harold Abrahams has a poignant line in the movie where Abrahams talks about his father. The character says of his father that he idolized the English and the English way of life and brought up his sons to be 100% true Englishmen. But he said,

"This England of his is Christian and Anglo-Saxon and so are her corridors of power, and those who stalk them guard them with jealousy and venom."

In one sense, one can hear Dodi saying that line himself.

Throughout the movie, you can just feel Abrahams resentment of being left out of the inner circle of English society and how he takes pleasure in embarassing the grey suits (old aristocratic heads of Cambridge college artfully played by Sir John Gielgud and another actor) When the heads express dismay that Abrahams has hired an Italian professional trainer, the athlete appears to reassure them. "He's only half Italian" "That's a relief" they said. Then Abraham comes back and says, "The other half is Arab." and he seems to take pleasure in the discomfort in the faces of the old men

I didn't realize it at the time but the movie also paid a supreme insult to the real Lord Lindsay (played by Nigel Havers) whose real name was Lord Burley. The movie starts with a race between Harold Abrahams and Lord Lindsay around the perimeter of the college courtyard. But actually they never raced against each other here. Lord Burley did run the race and won, only the second person in recorded history to do so. The movie made Lord Burley look like a marginal athlete compared to the others but actually this English aristocrat had a better Olympic career than any of them.

Dodi was only the producer but still it seems ironic that this was the movie that he produced when the story of his death almost 20 years later seems inextricably entwined with the story of Diana's revenge against the Royal Family and the British establishment and his father's own resentment as an outsider.

But I wonder if whether Dodi's resentment at first was to his father who sold him a dream of the primacy of the English society and the English way of life only to find, like Harold Abrahams, that the doors kept getting shut on him despite all that his father promised him. And I wonder whether Dodi's growing cynicism caused his father to adopt some cynicism of his own regarding the English. All in all Dodi, Mohammed, and Diana seemed like three people bound together by a mutual anger, resentment and righteous indignation towards the British. This anger may have spurred Harold Abrahams to win a gold medal in the 1924 Olympics but it proved disastrous for Diana and the al-Fayeds.

I remember that as being part of the divorce agreement. In Sarah York's case, I don't think that there was a "gag order." And we know what's happened there. :rolleyes: Once Diana was divorced, she didn't really talk publicly about her marriage or the conditions of the divorce. Of course, the divorce was 11 years ago now. Details can get fuzzy over that period of time.
Full details of the divorce were never made public, the "along with a legal order preventing her from discussing the details of the divorce settlement" is from the guessing game played by some media sources and the ubiquitous, Tina Brown in The Diana Chronicles. :flowers:

"What difference would it have made to TRF or government, IF Diana had married Dodi? None.
Would it have mattered IF after such a short 'relationship', Diana had been pregnant, again only to Diana's image." NO

Just wondering - do you think her image would have been hurt by marrying a Muslim?
No, that is why I put 'if any'. :flowers:

And I wonder whether Dodi's growing cynicism caused his father to adopt some cynicism of his own regarding the English. All in all Dodi, Mohammed, and Diana seemed like three people bound together by a mutual anger, resentment and righteous indignation towards the British. This anger may have spurred Harold Abrahams to win a gold medal in the 1924 Olympics but it proved disastrous for Diana and the al-Fayeds.
Mo Fayed believed he could buy affection and his way into anything, IMO. Dodi didn't 'need' or particularly want the approval of the UK, but he seemed to 'need' his fathers approval. Camilla, his sister is a regular at English society events, so that, to me, shows the resentment about 'not being able to belong', is restricted to Fayed senior. :flowers:

Would it have mattered IF after such a short 'relationship', Diana had been pregnant, again only to Diana's image."

Just wondering - do you think her image would have been hurt by marrying a Muslim? It seems that Hasnat Khan was a well respected surgeon. The issue I think would have been with her marrying Dodi Fayed. And even though Mohammed Al Fayed changed his tune about his deathbed conversation with Diana - his lies were still public record and I would have loved to have seen him challenged on them. He is so busy calling everyone else a liar - it would have been nice to see him caught in his own game.

I, too am glad that Paul Burrell seems to be getting his "come uppance" - he is incredibly full of himself. It is too bad that he couldn't and wouldn't keep his mouth shut from the beginning.

There might of been some reaction. Perhaps similar to the reaction of some Americans to Jackie Kennedy's marriage to Ari. But it would have died down eventually.
Lexi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom