The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A movie about Diana's last days. The actress playing her freaked out when Dodi bought her a bracelet and was like you know I don't like material things.And then at the Ritz he tells her about how he has a surprise and she's like what is it another gift money can buy? That's where I got that idea from
The thing to remember, is that it was only a movie, most of which is 'artistic licence' (another word for imagination) and normally far from the truth. :flowers:

Did she start thinking in a paranoid way when Mannakee was killed, or did it start before that? People who knew her well earlier on might have had a hint of it, if it was always there. I think that it became full-blown because of all the terrible stress she was under after she co-operated with Morton and did Panorama.
Or was it a case of being a 'Drama Queen', that because some people took notice, grew out of control? The more she did it, the more attention she got and so the more outrageous the 'Drama's' became?

Well, if they're denying it, it must be true.:argh:

Even without denying it, no offense but how mad you need to be to convince yourself that Prince Philip ordered her assassination ?!
Although, I wouldn't trust anyone without proof. Perfect example with Mr. Burrell ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
from ´Die Zeit´, Germany ( a very respected weekly newspaper):

Very British Tragicomedy: You Are All Guilty

This was one of the blowoffs of the Princess Diana Inquest. In a five hours bizarre court rant self-made Egyptian billionaire Mohamed al Fayed yesterday blamed everyone from the Royal Family and ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair to spies, police and diplomats for "murdering" Princess Diana and his son Dodi.

Very British Tragicomedy: You Are All Guilty. | ZEIT online Leserkommentare

Sometimes I wonder if Diana was one of those people who liked to say things just to see what kind of reaction she'd get--as when she told the Archbishop that she believed that she had lived before. Or at least that's the story that she told Gilbey on the Squidy tape.

Or was it a case of being a 'Drama Queen', that because some people took notice, grew out of control? The more she did it, the more attention she got and so the more outrageous the 'Drama's' became?

Sometimes I wonder if Diana was one of those people who liked to say things just to see what kind of reaction she'd get--as when she told the Archbishop that she believed that she had lived before. Or at least that's the story that she told Gilbey on the Squidy tape.
I know a lot of people THINK that, but they don't SAY that, at least not to the reporters. You're probably right.

I know a lot of people THINK that, but they don't SAY that, at least not to the reporters. You're probably right.

Yep, that makes sense to me too. It wouldn't surprise me that she started using this technic in her childhood, to get around some restrictions or simply to tease.

The thing to remember, is that it was only a movie, most of which is 'artistic licence' (another word for imagination) and normally far from the truth. :flowers:
The more I think about it the more I realize the movie was wrong. It's funny actually because at the begining it says everything in the movie is taken from the Dossier and Operation Pagat.

I have another question sorry I'm asking alot of these lately but had the MI6 bugged in the phone call Dodi supposedly made to his lawyer about the "special announcement on Monday" would it have been enough time to make the plan go into action. I'm just wondering because this is the only way I could see Mr. Fayed's scenario work not that I beleive it but I'm just curious would the timing be enough as the Police pointed out to Mr. Fayed that timing would have played a huge part in order for the "muder" to work.

The more I think about it the more I realize the movie was wrong. It's funny actually because at the begining it says everything in the movie is taken from the Dossier and Operation Pagat.

I have another question sorry I'm asking alot of these lately but had the MI6 bugged in the phone call Dodi supposedly made to his lawyer about the "special announcement on Monday" would it have been enough time to make the plan go into action. I'm just wondering because this is the only way I could see Mr. Fayed's scenario work not that I beleive it but I'm just curious would the timing be enough as the Police pointed out to Mr. Fayed that timing would have played a huge part in order for the "muder" to work.
According to Fayeds testimony, Diana told him and only him, of her pregnancy in a phone call two hours before the crash that killed her, his reason for her being killed.

Is it possible to plan and execute something as complex as the crash in such a short time frame, no I don't believe it is, there would be too many variables to ensure a successful outcome. Too many people would have to be collected and briefed, the Fiat driver, the 'light beam' operator, the ambulance staff, the police, hospital staff etc. The last thing that would be wanted (if there had been an order of such magnitude issued), would have been a seriously injured, possibly disfigured Diana, able to harness any sympathy vote, against HM. We also know from the investigation and the inquest, that the decision to leave the Ritz was a last minute decision, with Henri Paul being asked to return to work.

Everything we have heard from Fayeds own staff tells us that this wasn't a carefully thought out and pre-planned evening for Dodi and Diana. It wasn't a 'normal routine' evening for the pair, so it would have been almost impossible to activate any assasination attempt. All IMO, of course. :flowers:

According to Fayeds testimony, Diana told him and only him, of her pregnancy in a phone call two hours before the crash that killed her, his reason for her being killed.

I think Mr. al Fayed has got a big chip on his shoulders about not being a British citizen. I truly believe he is a paranoid man. I often wonder who Mr. Paul talked to after he learned about driving Diana, Princess of Wales to Dodi's apartment and why they found so much money in his wallet that night?

I feel that if secret forces got Diana they were watching her a long time and they really did not like her LANDMINE campaign. That is the only reason for them to be after her, if they were. And I think if they knew about it two hours or so it could have been executed, because I believe they were keeping tabs on all her vacations that summer.:flowers:

I think, the best thing that could be done would be to subject Al-Fayed to a psychological test. I bet he wouldn't have all the sanity points ... :rolleyes:

I think Mr. al Fayed has got a big chip on his shoulders about not being a British citizen. I truly believe he is a paranoid man. I often wonder who Mr. Paul talked to after he learned about driving Diana, Princess of Wales to Dodi's apartment and why they found so much money in his wallet that night?

I feel that if secret forces got Diana they were watching her a long time and they really did not like her LANDMINE campaign. That is the only reason for them to be after her, if they were. And I think if they knew about it two hours or so it could have been executed, because I believe they were keeping tabs on all her vacations that summer.:flowers:

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would be upset with Diana's landmine campaign. And I can't see how her efforts in that campaign would have led to her death. Can you explain a little more?

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would be upset with Diana's landmine campaign. And I can't see how her efforts in that campaign would have led to her death. Can you explain a little more?

Well, I don't know if georgia was referring to this but while Diana was in Angola doing the campaign, people in the government criticized it and didn't approve at all what she was trying to achieve.

It's in one of these videos :
YouTube - Diary of a Princess - Diana Princess of Wales Pt. 1 of 3
YouTube - Diary of a Princess - Diana Princess of Wales Pt. 2 of 3
YouTube - Diary of a Princess - Diana Princess of Wales Pt. 3 of 3

I must have missed the bit about a sum of money being found and not a lot of good to him dead. If Henri Paul had been in on a plot to kill her, don't you think he would have worn a seatbelt, to protect himself in order to spend the money? from the evidence given by the MI services, they clearly didn't think she was worth watching, so that could have been in Diana's imagination, built upon by the media and conspiracy theorists.

I just don't believe it would be possible to orchestrate all the players that would need to be involved, in such a short time, most assasinations are carried out smoothly, by relying on the victims routine.

Dodi could have decided to leave by the front exit, they could have decided to pose for the cameras, as they had been doing most of the week, why did Dodi decided not to on this evening? They could have driven at a normal speed.

MI6 would have to have involved so many people, at very short notice, any one of whom could, since the crash have talked. Nobody has come forward to say that they saw anyone 'hanging about' waiting for the mercedes and all Diana had to do to save her life, was wear a seatbelt.

Well, I don't know if georgia was referring to this but while Diana was in Angola doing the campaign, people in the government criticized it and didn't approve at all what she was trying to achieve.
One MP I believe, described her as being a loose cannon, sorry the thought of enduring 3 UTube clips to find the one remark from a reporter, does not appeal to me! :D

IDodi could have decided to leave by the front exit, they could have decided to pose for the cameras, as they had been doing most of the week, why did Dodi decided not to on this evening? They could have driven at a normal speed.

MI6 would have to have involved so many people, at very short notice, any one of whom could, since the crash have talked. Nobody has come forward to say that they saw anyone 'hanging about' waiting for the mercedes and all Diana had to do to save her life, was wear a seatbelt.

Just a thought. Mr. Paul might have know he was driving them from the back and told the secret services. I still wonder about all that money in his pocket. Maybe he never wore a seat belt and maybe he didn't know there was going to be an accident.

There were people high up in the British government that year who thought Diana, Princess of Wales was as they said a "loose cannon". I saw the documentary.:flowers:

It's in one of these videos :
YouTube - Diary of a Princess - Diana Princess of Wales Pt. 1 of 3
YouTube - Diary of a Princess - Diana Princess of Wales Pt. 2 of 3
YouTube - Diary of a Princess - Diana Princess of Wales Pt. 3 of 3

Thank you your post. I do remember that some were critical of her campaign. But to kill her over it? That is what I am having a hard time understanding.
Lexi

I must have missed the bit about a sum of money being found and not a lot of good to him dead. If Henri Paul had been in on a plot to kill her, don't you think he would have worn a seatbelt, to protect himself in order to spend the money? from the evidence given by the MI services, they clearly didn't think she was worth watching, so that could have been in Diana's imagination, built upon by the media and conspiracy theorists.

I just don't believe it would be possible to orchestrate all the players that would need to be involved, in such a short time, most assasinations are carried out smoothly, by relying on the victims routine.

Dodi could have decided to leave by the front exit, they could have decided to pose for the cameras, as they had been doing most of the week, why did Dodi decided not to on this evening? They could have driven at a normal speed.

Good points. And no one could have known in advance whether or not Diana would wear her seatbelt. No matter how well planned an assasination is, whether of not Diana worse her seatbelt wasn't something that could have been relied on.

Good points. And no one could have known in advance whether or not Diana would wear her seatbelt. No matter how well planned an assasination is, whether of not Diana worse her seatbelt wasn't something that could have been relied on.

The United States and I believe Great Britian protested the ban on landmines. I know the United States made money making these weapons. I don't know if the United States or Great Britain when the countries voted on banning landmines even voted for the ban. So you see Diana, Princess of Wales did not know the can of worms that she open when she championed the landmines ban. And as we know the ban on landmines was dedicated to her work. Just a thought- She could have gotten governments watching her and wanting to silence her.

Do we really know from the way the car looked that if Diana was wearing a seat belt that she wouldn't be deformed from the accident? Silence so to say. Look at Trever Reys-Jones(?) an he wore a seat belt.

I think it is real interesting that the MP want the inquest to be stopped. Are they afraid of something?:flowers:

I don't think it would have been a profit to any "conspirator" to kill Diana.

If nothing else, Prince Philip wouldn't have done it to spare his grandsons. As for Prince Charles and the secret services, it seems that even they would have realized killing Diana would result in some backlash from the public which would endanger the position of the Royal Family (and even the government). And Prince Charles should have been aware that he and Camilla would be blamed by some elements, thus threatening any future plans they might have had.

On another topic, I can't figure out what Burrell is thinking to talk about only telling part of the truth. He must have some desire to wear a prison jumper. Or that he can't stand not being the center of attention. Poor Paul. I notice that his website is down "for updates."

The United States and I believe Great Britian protested the ban on landmines. I know the United States made money making these weapons. I don't know if the United States or Great Britain when the countries voted on banning landmines even voted for the ban. So you see Diana, Princess of Wales did not know the can of worms that she open when she championed the landmines ban. And as we know the ban on landmines was dedicated to her work. Just a thought- She could have gotten governments watching her and wanting to silence her.

Do we really know from the way the car looked that if Diana was wearing a seat belt that she wouldn't be deformed from the accident? Silence so to say. Look at Trever Reys-Jones(?) an he wore a seat belt.

I think it is real interesting that the MP want the inquest to be stopped. Are they afraid of something?:flowers:

I'm sorry, but I just can't buy a government plot to kill her because she campaigned against landmines. She just simply did not pose a threat to U.S. military policy. She was a popular princess, nothing more.
Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen. The thing about conspiracy theories is that most are not worthy of close attention. There is no evidence to support a claim such as this one. It pushes beyond the limits of reasonable.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I just can't buy a government plot to kill her because she campaigned against landmines. She just simply did not post a threat to U.S. military policy. She was a popular princess, nothing more.

I agree that she wasn't a real threat but when you notice how many people would follow her in the campaign, it might have given chills to some.

I agree that she wasn't a real threat but when you notice how many people would follow her in the campaign, it might have given chills to some.

Who would it have given chills to? I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by that.

Who would it have given chills to? I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by that.

Well many people admired her work and were ready to help her in any of her charities and campaigns. Landmines is a very serious matter for countries like the US and if she had really wanted to stop it, she could have. In fact, she did post-mortem so the theory of her being killed because of her engagement against landmines is illogical.

One MP I believe, described her as being a loose cannon, sorry the thought of enduring 3 UTube clips to find the one remark from a reporter, does not appeal to me! :D

Yes, that's what I thought when posting the three vids, lazy me :D. But, I had more time lately and found the passage : the very end of Part 2/3 and start of Part 3/3. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom