The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can other royals: Prince William and Kate, Prince Edward and Sophie, Princess Ann's children and their lovers, live with each other by the Queen's grace and Princess Diana is being criticized? She was divorced by that time and in a two year, serious relationship with Dr. Kahn.:flowers:

It's not quite the same thing.

Why can other royals: Prince William and Kate, Prince Edward and Sophie, Princess Ann's children and their lovers, live with each other by the Queen's grace and Princess Diana is being criticized? She was divorced by that time and in a two year, serious relationship with Dr. Kahn.:flowers:
William and Catherine, Zara, Peter were not under HM's roof, so to speak. Diana was living there as the ex wife of her son. If Diana had wanted to live with another man, there wouldn't have been much opposition, I'm sure. Whether the sons of the marriage would have been allowed to live with them at such an early stage, I doubt.
Nobody is objecting to Diana living with whoever she wanted, just not in a family apartment granted to her by her mother in law.

***I was speechless when I read the latest on FOXnews regarding Diana's mother, the specific label she called her daughter and the other line describing her behaviour. No wonder Diana made it a point to appear in public and as a friend with Acid Raine.

I was confused to whether Paul has a diary/journal or not. Seems before lunch he had a journal and after lunch he didn't.

I remembered it's said that Mrs Shand Kydd was drunk at that time.

No, BeatrixFan we were discussing if Diana moved a man into her KP apartments.

Wasn't it said Diana tried the best to hide the relationship. How could it be possible if she moved Dr Khan in KP before a marriage?

Wasn't it said Diana tried the best to hide the relationship. How could it be possible if she moved Dr Khan in KP before a marriage?

She did sneak him in concealed under blankets and things in the car, but, certainly later in the relationship, it was Hasnat rather than Diana who wanted to keep the relationship hidden. Seems she was wanting him to "come out", so to speak, but he wouldn't, and that's what led to the break-up.

She did sneak him in concealed under blankets and things in the car, but, certainly later in the relationship, it was Hasnat rather than Diana who wanted to keep the relationship hidden. Seems she was wanting him to "come out", so to speak, but he wouldn't, and that's what led to the break-up.

Just came back from theroyalist and saw this quote:

"Cindy, I'm never going to meet anyone, because who would want to go out with me? I have my picture in the paper every single day. Who would want to take me on?"

Diana, Princess of Wales during a private 1996 meeting with supermodel Cindy Crawford.

How right she was. I really don't blame Dr Khan to break up with her. And I don't think Diana would have blamed him for this either. She knew what came with her very clearly. But what she might never have imagined is, even after they broke up, even after 10 years she died, Dr Khan would be still bothered by what she brought to him. I could see why Dr Khan suddenly broke the silience. if he didn't speak up, there would be always some people there trying to tempt him to tell. That thought was very cleared from his own words: "And for me I think it's important that it's ... this is the end of it, and people can move on and ... but it just keeps coming back. Every year, or sometimes twice a year, and I think that's what I would like to see, this inquest to establish an end to it." Let's hope his marriage was not ended because of that.

I could see why Dr Khan suddenly broke the silience. if he didn't speak up, there would be always some people there trying to tempt him to tell. That thought was very cleared from his own words: "And for me I think it's important that it's ... this is the end of it, and people can move on and ... but it just keeps coming back. Every year, or sometimes twice a year, and I think that's what I would like to see, this inquest to establish an end to it." Let's hope his marriage was not ended because of that.

I wonder about his marriage, though. In reports it said that his marriage ended last november which was exactly the time when he decided to go back to Pakistan. But no we learned that he is not longer in Pakistan but starting to work in Malaysia. Did his wife stay back in Pakistan while he worked in Britain till november? Or did she decide to stay on in the UK and that was the reason for the divorce?

I wonder about his marriage, though. In reports it said that his marriage ended last november which was exactly the time when he decided to go back to Pakistan. But no we learned that he is not longer in Pakistan but starting to work in Malaysia. Did his wife stay back in Pakistan while he worked in Britain till november? Or did she decide to stay on in the UK and that was the reason for the divorce?

I don't think the answers to these questions are any concern of ours and I cannot see how it could be of any relevance to this inquiry.

a devout catholic would have to do a couple of things before marrying:
- if previously married they would have to get an anullment from the vatican which can take 2 or more years.
- if marrying someone of a different faith, they would have to get a dispensation and in doing that they agree to raise any children, in the catholic church (which is a condition of most religions).

most catholics don't do any of this anymore unless they're devout. as for diana, in order to be married in the church she would have had to convert to catholicism and she could have done that quietly enough however, it would have become public knowledge soon enough i'm sure.

a devout catholic would have to do a couple of things before marrying:
- if previously married they would have to get an anullment from the vatican which can take 2 or more years.
- if marrying someone of a different faith, they would have to get a dispensation and in doing that they agree to raise any children, in the catholic church (which is a condition of most religions).

most catholics don't do any of this anymore unless they're devout. as for diana, in order to be married in the church she would have had to convert to catholicism and she could have done that quietly enough however, it would have become public knowledge soon enough i'm sure.

One get the idea that Diana pretty much was given to sudden ideas and that Burrell had nothing better to do than to help her with these. Sounds abit like daydreaming to me.

One get the idea that Diana pretty much was given to sudden ideas and that Burrell had nothing better to do than to help her with these. Sounds abit like daydreaming to me.

true enough. conversion is not for the faint of heart as it takes time and i don't think diana had the focus for something like that.

true enough. conversion is not for the faint of heart as it takes time and i don't think diana had the focus for something like that.

Some things she did or seems to have thought give me the impression that after marrying at so young an age and then as a Royal princess, Diana did not get a real grip on the realities of life. Like the burying of Rosa Monckton's baby in her own garden which was illegal or that question about a secret marriage. In addition she seemed to have been suspicious of people who tried to tell her how things were when she thought they were different. So surely she had been at the beginning of a learning process about life.

What is disturbing about the inquest yesterday is that Paul Burrell testified under oath in court to the effect that he felt Prince Charles would not cause Diana harm, yet this same man used Barbara Walters here in America to tease us all with that letter saying, to the effect, Prince Charles was going to cause an accident in Diana's car....

Can't have it both ways, Paul....

Some things she did or seems to have thought give me the impression that after marrying at so young an age and then as a Royal princess, Diana did not get a real grip on the realities of life. Like the burying of Rosa Monckton's baby in her own garden which was illegal or that question about a secret marriage. In addition she seemed to have been suspicious of people who tried to tell her how things were when she thought they were different. So surely she had been at the beginning of a learning process about life.

i agree. diana had no street smarts and i think this made her incredibly gullible in some cases. her instinct for self preservation made her blind to reality...its a shame because i think she would have been an incredible asset in a multitude of situations if she'd only been able to take some constructive criticism.

Just came back from theroyalist and saw this quote:

"Cindy, I'm never going to meet anyone, because who would want to go out with me? I have my picture in the paper every single day. Who would want to take me on?"

Diana, Princess of Wales during a private 1996 meeting with supermodel Cindy Crawford.

How right she was. I really don't blame Dr Khan to break up with her. And I don't think Diana would have blamed him for this either. She knew what came with her very clearly. But what she might never have imagined is, even after they broke up, even after 10 years she died, Dr Khan would be still bothered by what she brought to him. I could see why Dr Khan suddenly broke the silience. if he didn't speak up, there would be always some people there trying to tempt him to tell. That thought was very cleared from his own words: "And for me I think it's important that it's ... this is the end of it, and people can move on and ... but it just keeps coming back. Every year, or sometimes twice a year, and I think that's what I would like to see, this inquest to establish an end to it." Let's hope his marriage was not ended because of that.

I personally assume this man must be haunted with guilt as to whether he should have ended his romantic relstionship with Diana. He might assume if he had married her, then she might be alive. Dr. Khan just seems forever embedded in his work. He must be forever sad Diana died of a broken heart, both literally and figuratively.

This is just my conjecture. Dr Khan's marriage was an arranged one. And the age gap was really huge. Maybe during the two years Dr Khan could not establish that kind of feeling for his young wife. Learning from the lesson of Diana and Charles, so he chose to divorce at an early age, especially before they had their kids.

Now there's a suprise...

I personally assume this man must be haunted with guilt as to whether he should have ended his romantic relstionship with Diana. He might assume if he had married her, then she might be alive.

I once had a romantic fling when I had split for a short time from my later husband but ended the relationship and went back to my later husband. Shortly after that the guy decided to go to India to become a buddhist monk, became one and died since because of an illness contracted there. Shall I feel guilty now? Had I married him instead of my husband, what would have happened? how are we to know? We can only decide to the best of our knowledge and our conscience and go on from that point, not looking back all the time. IMHO, of course. :flowers:

i doubt that dr. khan is feeling any guilt....he doesn't need to. he did nothing wrong and from all that we know, he made it clear to her that he didn't want to be in the spotlight. he appears to have been honest with her.

i just had a thought....what if burrell DOES know something? something big? that he could make money off? why release that information at an inquest where he wouldn't make a dime off it? why not wait and shop it around to highest bidder? of course...he could have done this long ago if he did know something.

i just had a thought....what if burrell DOES know something? something big? that he could make money off? why release that information at an inquest where he wouldn't make a dime off it? why not wait and shop it around to highest bidder? of course...he could have done this long ago if he did know something.

That's exactly what I think. If he knew something, he would ahve told it already. He is now trying to present himself as a person broken by his first trial, who only wants to be a "proper" citizen with no wrongdoings whiel all the while making it appear as if he is afraid as the late Diana was and who still has mysteries he dares not reveal. Just playacting to keep him in the public eye, IMho.

I once had a romantic fling when I had split for a short time from my later husband but ended the relationship and went back to my later husband. Shortly after that the guy decided to go to India to become a buddhist monk, became one and died since because of an illness contracted there. Shall I feel guilty now? Had I married him instead of my husband, what would have happened? how are we to know? We can only decide to the best of our knowledge and our conscience and go on from that point, not looking back all the time. IMHO, of course. :flowers:

Ok, I just saw the interview Dr. Khan gave on CNN. My impression of him is that he is a deep thinking man intensely dedicated to his work...no surprise there. His words about Diana seemed kind and gentle. I can see why his looks and his compassion would appeal to Diana. There is a genuine saddness when he spoke of her so I would gather from this interview and the shot of him crying in sunglasses at the Abbey at her funeral he loved her very deeply. Perhaps he has been unable to speak about her because of his love for her, that was my impression of him after I heard this interview.

I admit "guilt" may be a strong word for such a dedicated man...maybe a better word would be "regret".

Last edited:
That's exactly what I think. If he knew something, he would ahve told it already. He is now trying to present himself as a person broken by his first trial, who only wants to be a "proper" citizen with no wrongdoings whiel all the while making it appear as if he is afraid as the late Diana was and who still has mysteries he dares not reveal. Just playacting to keep him in the public eye, IMho.

Oh, I have believed he knows lots and lots of big things....and have believed this from Day One! I don't think his trial would have crumbled so "neatly" had he not known what he knows....

I surmise he already sees the futility of this inquest in the regards to those important figures (paps, suspected Fiat driver, etc) have refused to cooperate in giving testimony...

Last edited:
Based on some of the other rubbish Diana appears to have said, why has anyone taken any of her 'allegations' seriously.:ermm:

Princess Diana told Blair: 'Make William king - not Charles', inquest hears | the Daily Mail

Diana wanted William to follow the Queen - Telegraph

in October 1995, Princess Diana said she had sources who had told her the Queen was going to abdicate the following April.

she believed the crown should skip a generation and pass on to her son Prince William - She told another lawyer the Duke of York should act as regent until Prince William was old enough to be crowned.

Oh, so was that her 'source' then? :ermm:

That's exactly what I think. If he knew something, he would have told it already. He is now trying to present himself as a person broken by his first trial, who only wants to be a "proper" citizen with no wrongdoings whiel all the while making it appear as if he is afraid as the late Diana was and who still has mysteries he dares not reveal. Just playacting to keep him in the public eye, IMho.
The looking 'fearfully' at 'someone' at the inquest was I am told rather pathetic and clearly a very poor act, that fooled nobody! :rolleyes:
Originally Posted by Fabulous Fake
Having read the transcripts of today's evidence,I feel quite strongly that Paul Burrell will not produce the requested documents tomorrow.
Just call me Mystic Meg
Your wish is my command, at least until the mods see it!! :ROFLMAO:

Based on some of the other rubbish Diana appears to have said, why has anyone taken any of her 'allegations' seriously.:ermm:

Princess Diana told Blair: 'Make William king - not Charles', inquest hears | the Daily Mail

Diana wanted William to follow the Queen - Telegraph

in October 1995, Princess Diana said she had sources who had told her the Queen was going to abdicate the following April.

she believed the crown should skip a generation and pass on to her son Prince William - She told another lawyer the Duke of York should act as regent until Prince William was old enough to be crowned.

Oh, so was that her 'source' then? :ermm:

Considering October 1995 was one month prior to the dreaded Bashir interview, one could assume she was "looking" for something to justify her cause. Maybe it was one of her fortune tellers, pyschics, healers or merely something Diana devised in her troubled, paranoid mind (remember this was during the "Tiggy" time, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom