The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, well that's understandable. I simply remember a lot of people quoted Diana's friends as telling the gospel truth about Diana's relationship to Dodi because they were the closest to Diana; however, if they disapproved of the al-Fayeds or were trying to protect Diana's reputation, they would have a motive for downplaying the relationship or make it sound less serious than it could have been. It makes it harder for the rest of us to know what really was going on.

The only thing that I can think of is that truly Diana's friend and family were compartmentalized in her life. Her family really did not know her and her friends were told just so much. I think the cuff links speaks volumes. So, now I am really wondering if Mr al Fayed was wrong about the relationship being serious.

The exchange between Prince Philip and Diana was also surprising in other ways. I never would have regarded Prince Philip as a marriage counsellor and I am shocked that Diana would have asked him of all people for help in her marriage. Philip didn't get along with Charles so he wouldnt' have been much help anyway so he was right about that but his letter sounded unusually cheerful given what we know of his character.

Prince Philip runs the household and family. His word is everything to his family. Diana needed someone to talk to and I think it was Philip's role as family elder to help her. You have to remember - Diana wanted to stay in the graces of the royals for her role as Princess and mother to the future King.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was. You get out of it is what you do. Not have numerous affairs.

Sorry for you.

I think Diana and Charles decided to stay together for the children and Britain. I think she liked being a Princess and star. But finally around 1990 she decided to get out of the marriage by having "Diana Her True Story" written. I don't understand the affairs she had after Hewitt and before her separation. I do not think it was wise.:flowers:

Last edited:
I was looking at the letters, receipts everything and I take back what I had said a few pages back, really everything could just be made up there's no real proof that it's real but that being said I definitly think we're getting the real deal with this inquest and hopefully it'll eventually clear up alot of the confusion.

Platell's People: Justice at last for the loathsome Mr Fayed

As Mohamed Al Fayed's legal vultures were busy pecking over the tragic deaths of Princess Diana and Dodi, one truth about the Princess's life emerged in the High Court this week.
After "acid" Raine Spencer's fanciful testimony about her stepdaughter's supposed intentions, a real love story came to light as discreetly as it had begun - that between Diana and Hasnat Khan.

This young doctor could not have been more different from Dodi. He was a devoted heart surgeon from a modest family who had made his own way in the world and had met Diana when she attended a charity event at his hospital. They would meet secretly at his small, shabby flat.
There were no jets, no yachts, no Paris Ritz, no diamond rings in their courtship. But Hasnat was, we now know, perhaps the love of Diana's life.
Though he, like Dodi, was a Muslim, Diana dreamed of marrying him. (In which case, given Mohamed Al Fayed's ludicrous conspiracy theories, one wonders why he wasn't 'bumped off' by Prince Philip long ago.)

What 'Pa' REALLY thought of her: Letters revealed Philip was closer to Diana than anyone thought

How typical of the Royal Family to put their innermost thoughts into letters at arm's length rather than risk a healthy, heated exchange in person. And yet, in retrospect, how sensible.

Just imagine if an emotional Diana had walked into a blistering face-to-face row with her angry father-in-law Prince Philip after the shock-wave of revelations in Andrew Morton's book which deeply embarrassed the royals. The result would have been an ugly and lasting war. Instead in that extraordinary exchange of letters disclosed at the inquest into her death, each was able to consider their words carefully.

Last edited:
Skydragon do you remember Prince Charles' 1995 interview with Mr. Dimbley? It was shown on television when Charles' Dimbley written autobiography came out. Charles said in that interview that around 1986 their marriage was broken down and could not be fixed and that he had a special friend in Camilla. Also, in the interview he said that he never loved Diana.
We clearly watched different interviews, this is what was said in the 1994 interview -
It was the moment that gripped 13 million television viewers more than a decade ago. Jonathan Dimbleby, the broadcaster and writer, asked whether the Prince of Wales had tried to keep his marriage vows and stay faithful.
The heir to the throne, who was sitting opposite his inquisitor at Highgrove, his country home, paused. "Yes, absolutely," he responded, before hesitating again. "Yes, until it had irretrievably broken down - us both having tried." - so my question to you, is when did he say he never loved Diana?
Everything that I have read on them - except James Hewitt's books and interview point to Diana starting her love affairs after Charles has left her. I believe if she could have divorced Charles earlier she would have.
I suggest you read this,
I only bring up the failed marriage in this thread and the thread with Hewitt being Harry's father. I see it as very relavent to how Diana's short life was played out. If she was loved I don't think she would have needed lovers and she would not have been with Dodi in Paris.
At that you might as well blame her parents for having her, for splitting up, going through an acrimonious divorce etc. Was she forced to co write the Morton book, was she forced to do the Panorama interview, of course not, these were choices she made. It is immaterial what led her to be in Paris with Fayed, she wasn't forced. As an adult she chose to have an affair with Dodi, she chose to get in a car that night and she chose not to wear a seatbelt.
The holiday usually bring out the best in people!!
It doesn't change the facts does it, there is no way on this earth or fullers that I could sit and write what I considered, in my heart, to be a pack of lies.

Lets try to leave the he did this and she did that out of it, this is about her inquest, not a failed marriage!

Last edited:
I'm more intrigued by Diana's gift of her father's cufflinks to Dodi. Diana loved her father dearly and I just can't imagine she would give a momento from her father to someone who was just a casual fling.
When her father died, all his non Spencer specific goods would have gone to Raine, the Spencer specific would have gone to his son. It is quite possibly that these cufflinks were just one of many cast offs that Diana acquired over the years. Things were hardly cosy between them at the time of his death or in the preceding years when Raine was allegedly stopping the Spencer children from seeing him, hence the rumours of the Spencer children throwing Raine out.

My question would be - is it likely that he would have given a set of mens cufflinks to his daughter as a gift?

I have heard lots of people giving a gift with 'these were a gift from ???, so they mean a lot to me', or even 'these were always ???? favourite and I would like you to have them'. :rolleyes:

Transcripts of the letters to Dodi, neither of which strike me as anything other than 'flowery' thank you letters to a summer fling partner.

http://www1.sky.com/news/Diana Letter Typed.pdf
http://www1.sky.com/news/Diana Letter Typed 2.pdf

Another thought I had, :rolleyes:, was how duplicitous of Diana to be denying any involvement in the Morton book whilst writing 'Dearest Pa' letters. I expect Phillip was less than impressed when she was finally outed, in 1993 (I believe). :eek:

Last edited:
We clearly watched different interviews

Clearly, both of us formed different opinions and missed some information. Also, I live in the United States and you live in Great Britian and Scotland. I think this country got more coverage about Diana's side. I have read books on Charles - Junors and Dimbleby. Also a book on Charles turning 50.

So my question to you, is when did he say he never loved Diana?

It was in the newpapers the next few days and written in books that Diana had to go comfort William and Harry after Charles' interview. She told them "your father did love me." Also, that she was so sad and angry that people she thought were her friends helped the affair by giving Charles and Camilla a place to go.

It doesn't change the facts does it, there is no way on this earth or fullers that I could sit and write what I considered, in my heart, to be a pack of lies.

That above statement is my feelings too! After Diana's death and her sons acceptance of Camilla, I have accepted her too and moved on. I think this inquest has brought up old wounds for people that admire the BRF.

Lets try to leave the he did this and she did that out of it, this is about her inquest, not a failed marriage!

Skydragon, it does take two people to make a marriage work and I think they did not try hard enough. I also think Diana's had a lot of bad luck in this life. This is an inquest, but Diana is dead and can not defend herself. I feel so sorry about her life because she really did not have anyone to truly love her. Since her death, almost all close to her have cash in on her in some way, even Prince Charles. It is hard to see her being pick apart in books for 10 years and this inquest talking about 5 or more lovers. What was the point of that? This is a forum for different opinions to be discussed and maybe changed. I like reading different point of views, maybe changing my mind and discussing.:flowers:

My question would be - is it likely that he would have given a set of mens cufflinks to his daughter as a gift?

Families give jewellry as gifts to their heirs. Diana's father was male so cufflink are appropriate. Diana also, at the time of her father's death was being helped by him with photos for Mr. Morton's book. I believe his death during that time -1992 was very hard for Diana.

So if Dodi was just a fling, why would she give her father's cufflinks? She could afford another gift. Another thought that hit me is - did we get the right info that Hewitt was given cufflink's that were her fathers. Diana's father died in 1992. The affair with Hewitt was 1986-to about 1990. :rolleyes:

Another thought I had, :rolleyes:, was how duplicitous of Diana to be denying any involvement in the Morton book whilst writing 'Dearest Pa' letters. I expect Phillip was less than impressed when she was finally outed, in 1993 (I believe). :eek:

I thought it came out after her death by Mr. Morton. Also, she did not have a fight going on with Prince Philip and the Queen. So why not call him Dearest Pa? My in-laws are very dear to me. I would still be nice to them if anything ever happen to my marriage.:flowers:

I definitly think we're getting the real deal with this inquest and hopefully it'll eventually clear up alot of the confusion.

I feel that there are more questions then answers being brought up and we are starting to see that maybe and I said maybe, Mr. al Fayed was not a total liar about Diana and Dodi relationship and accident.:flowers:

Since the Inquest has turned into an entertaining "no detail too small" examination of the later years of her life, let's go off on a tangent from the current line of Inquest-inspired titillation and ask: what relevance do Diana's father's cufflinks have with a multiple-fatality car crash in a Paris tunnel? :D

Since the Inquest has turned into an entertaining "no detail too small" examination of the later years of her life, let's go off on a tangent from the current line of Inquest-inspired titillation and ask: what relevance do Diana's father's cufflinks have with a multiple-fatality car crash in a Paris tunnel? :D

Well, Warren why bring up that Diana had 5 or more lovers at the inquest? What does that do but make Diana look like a slut.

I can only think the cufflink's were to show that maybe the relationship was not only a summer fling. And that maybe some of Mr. al Fayed's other statements might not be far fetched. Who requested those letters be shown also might answer your question?:flowers:

I was thinking that if Diana had given him the cufflinks as a Christmas or birthday gift, then the Earl may have well wanted to leave them to her once he died as a reminder of him. My mother did this right before she died with some gifts that her children had given her. But it wouldn't occur to me to give some of these gifts to a casual friend.

I have heard lots of people giving a gift with 'these were a gift from ???, so they mean a lot to me', or even 'these were always ???? favourite and I would like you to have them'. :rolleyes:

Perhaps in the Spencer family cufflinks were as plentiful as running water and so a gift of cufflinks wouldn't be seen as significant. So you're saying a gift of Diana's father's cufflinks is not indication of a serious relationship?

The letters with Prince Philip are baffling. I think the wisest thing I read was that Prince Philip entrusted his conversations with Diana to letters because he is known for being a bit callous and insensitive in person and in writing he could choose his words.

But it does blow out of the water the perception of the callousness of the Royal Family towards Diana. In her Panorama interview she said she got no support or help from the Royal Family. But since then I've read that Diana alone of all the family members had an open invitation to dine with the Queen whenever she wanted and now I read this very polite letter from Prince Philip saying he's no marriage counselor but he'll try to help anyway he can.

In retrospect they couldn't help but it seems the intention to offer Diana comfort was there. Yet she totally discounting any of their help or intentions to help throughout her life.

None whatsoever Warren! :D

I previously thought that this inquest was a waste of time and money and I still do. But outside of its intended purpose I do see a use for all of this and that is that it can serve to clarify some of the relationships for whom we really only had Diana's side of the story before.

So it can serve to clarify her relationship to Dodi and to some members of the Royal Family. That's not its legal purpose but as long as they're having it...might as well get something out of it. :rolleyes:

The letters with Prince Philip are baffling. I think the wisest thing I read was that Prince Philip entrusted his conversations with Diana to letters because he is known for being a bit callous and insensitive in person and in writing he could choose his words.

This I believe about Philip, plus then by writing it is documented.

But it does blow out of the water the perception of the callousness of the Royal Family towards Diana.

The Morton book made the family FINALLY realize that Diana wanted out of the marriage, would not to go quietly and her princess status intact with the people. Prince Philip with these letters in my opinion was trying to help her stay in the marriage for the monarchy. The damage was done with the marriage by these 1992 letters. I ask where was the family concern in 1986? I also read somewhere that Prince Philip told Charles that if his marriage didn't work in five years - he could go his merry way.

In her Panorama interview she said she got no support or help from the Royal Family.

In retrospect they couldn't help but it seems the intention to offer Diana comfort was there. Yet she totally discounting any of their help or intentions to help throughout her life.

I will try to answer both your points. I am not saying Diana is an angel and I think she made a bad move not getting on psychotic medicine earlier then ten years into the marriage. By that time she grew up and got on the medicine the marriage was too far gone. But what I got out of the 1995 Panorama interview was the royal family because they never dealt with mental problems could not help her and it was not that they did not want to try. I feel if she did get medicine early on she and Charles would maybe still be married.:flowers:

Last edited:
After reading Rosa Monckton's testimony about the exchange of letters between the Duke of Edinburgh and Diana, I found myself having more sympathy toward her than at anytime in my life. Diana's first reaction to receiving a letter was extreme dismay and near panic until the letter was discussed and explained to her. She couldn't compose her own reply and depended on her friend to draft a letter which she would then copy in longhand and send to the Duke. I can imagine that the onus to correspond at Prince Philip's level must have been an excruciating burden. She was, so we've been told, a person who looked at things emotionally and intuitively and it must have been daunting to need to muster an organized and logical reply. She was so good with people who didn't challenge her intellectually but felt stressed in her dealings with those who did. It's so sad. I doubt that the Duke realized how intitally upsetting his well-intentioned and sympathetic letters were to her. I wonder, though, whether he could tell that she had help in formulating the replies.

After reading Rosa Monckton's testimony about the exchange of letters between the Duke of Edinburgh and Diana, I found myself having more sympathy toward her than at anytime in my life.

I think with this reply I am seeing more people having sympathy for our very human Diana on our forum. So may this inquest isn't so bad.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I think with this reply I am seeing more people having sympathy for our very human Diana on our forum. So may this inquest isn't so bad.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Yes, she was so out of her league. That is the sadness.

Families give jewellry as gifts to their heirs. Diana's father was male so cufflink are appropriate. Diana also, at the time of her father's death was being helped by him with photos for Mr. Morton's book. I believe his death during that time -1992 was very hard for Diana.
Diana wrote that they 'were a gift', not that they had been 'left to her'. Fathers do not normally give a pair of their cufflinks as a gift.
I thought it came out after her death by Mr. Morton. Also, she did not have a fight going on with Prince Philip and the Queen. So why not call him Dearest Pa? My in-laws are very dear to me. I would still be nice to them if anything ever happen to my marriage.:flowers:
It was suspected early on that it was her friend Carolyn Bartholomew, but by the end of the year, nobody believed that Diana was not involved. I would imagine it was very much felt as a 'kick in the teeth' by Phillip. Colthursts paid involvement was confirmed by Morton in 1997. I'm afraid it is incredibly hard not to take sides and resentments, real and imagined are an integral part of an acrimonious split within the family.
I was thinking that if Diana had given him the cufflinks as a Christmas or birthday gift, then the Earl may have well wanted to leave them to her once he died as a reminder of him. My mother did this right before she died with some gifts that her children had given her. But it wouldn't occur to me to give some of these gifts to a casual friend.
Like you, to me, they would have been too valuable to contemplate giving them away to someone on such a short acquaintance.
Perhaps in the Spencer family cufflinks were as plentiful as running water and so a gift of cufflinks wouldn't be seen as significant. So you're saying a gift of Diana's father's cufflinks is not indication of a serious relationship?
Exactly
By writing, not only could he choose his words, but it is unlikely they could in the future be misconstrued.
But it does blow out of the water the perception of the callousness of the Royal Family towards Diana.
I shortened your quote! :D It should make people realise that Diana could be less than truthful, but it won't. :flowers:
You are just a trouble maker, why discuss the real reason for the inquest! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
i not convinced that these letters from Diana to Dodi are as significant as everyone seems to be making them out to be. previous letters that the Princess wrote to various people have been published and she writes in the same style to everyone ie by using the term "darling" to begin with and the letter merely contains a thankyou from Diana for her holiday nothing shocking or anything that really tells you that she was 'in love' with him

however the letters between Diana and Philip are far more interesting they paint a differerent picture that rather then the 'rocky' relationship between the two it was completely different and they respected each other and that Diana was fond of her father-in-law

Diana wrote that they 'were a gift', not that they had been 'left to her'. Fathers do not normally give a pair of their cufflinks as a gift.
I was left some cufflinks from my Father after he died. I called them his last gift to me. I would only give his last gift to me to someone special my husband. I believe Diana did that.
It was suspected early on that it was her friend Carolyn Bartholomew, but by the end of the year, nobody believed that Diana was not involved. I would imagine it was very much felt as a 'kick in the teeth' by Phillip.
It was only suspected that Diana was involved in the Morton book. And just suspected is just that until proven by the author after her death. I think Philip was trying to keep Diana in the family as best as he could for the monarchy and his grandchildrens' sake. As you said in an earlier post after 1992 the relationship must have been strained between Diana and BRF.
Like you, to me, they would have been too valuable to contemplate giving them away to someone on such a short acquaintance.
If she did have more then one pair of cufflinks from her father - why not give them to her sons? I don't think there were so many to go around and I don't think that her relationship with her father was strained. If I remember correctly she was worried about leaving her father in the hospital to go on a ski trip with her family right before he died in that hospital. Diana would not give one of last gifts from her father to just a friend. But again we are just voicing our opinions on the matter and do not know the truth.
Exactly by writing, not only could he choose his words, but it is unlikely they could in the future be misconstrued.
Choose his words to Diana. Future misconstrued. I just think letter writing is the way BRF communicates with each other. An example: I have read that the Queen and Duke send each other correspondance to get together for lunch.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

i not convinced that these letters from Diana to Dodi are as significant as everyone seems to be making them out to be. previous letters that the Princess wrote to various people have been published and she writes in the same style to everyone ie by using the term "darling" to begin with and the letter merely contains a thankyou from Diana for her holiday nothing shocking or anything that really tells you that she was 'in love' with him.

What you said above is very true and I agree. But why did she give her father's cufflinks? Giving someone one of your last gifts from your father - the person has to be special. She had means to buy some. I know she could have a lot of them but still it is from her father to her.:flowers:

What you said above is very true and I agree. But why did she give her father's cufflinks? Giving someone one of your last gifts from your father - the person has to be special. She had means to buy some. I know she could have a lot of them but still it is from her father to her.:flowers:

well i suppose .... but then Diana was known for her generous gifts as thank-yous and as you said she could have had many pairs - it makes me wonder where these cufflinks are now and why Dodi's father never mentioned them before as he is always trying to show how the two were together

well i suppose .... but then Diana was known for her generous gifts as thank-yous and as you said she could have had many pairs - it makes me wonder where these cufflinks are now and why Dodi's father never mentioned them before as he is always trying to show how the two were together
Good point. :flowers:
I was left some cufflinks from my Father after he died. I called them his last gift to me. I would only give his last gift to me to someone special my husband. I believe Diana did that.....
They were not married, she had only know him a short time. He could have decided that he couldn't follow through with his fathers plan, or she could have got the call from Hasnet she expected. Having had a few male friends that she felt had let her down, I doubt she would have been so ready to jump into another full on relationship or marriage.
Choose his words to Diana. Future misconstrued. I just think letter writing is the way BRF communicates with each other. An example: I have read that the Queen and Duke send each other correspondance to get together for lunch.:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Of course he chose carefully what he had written, he must have known Diana's limitations and tried to ensure that his letters were seen for what they were. I think it is quite normal for busy couples to send each other reminders that they are supposed to be meeting. I would think in HM's and DoE's case, they have to, so that it can be entered into the diaries to ensure they are 'not booked out'.

Last edited:
We're certainly seeing a different side to Diana. Quite worrying for us 'Camillaphiles' eh? :rolleyes:

My opinion about Diana, Al Fayed and this whole inquest hasn´t changed and least of all my opinion about Camilla.
(By the way, i feel proud to be a Camilla-phile, -fan,-admirer.... :flowers:)

Good point. :flowers:
Who had the letters and cufflinks? It would make sense that it was Mohammed al Fayed. I believe Mr al Fayed might have more suprises for this inquest. Does anyone know if the cufflinks were displayed at the inquest?

I am also wondering why he did not display the letters and cufflinks at his department store where he displays the engagement ring in tribute to Dodi and Diana.

They were not married, she had only know him a short time. He could have decided that he couldn't follow through with his fathers plan, or she could have got the call from Hasnet she expected. Having had a few male friends that she felt had let her down, I doubt she would have been so ready to jump into another full on relationship or marriage.
I believe Hasnet broke up with her about two months before her death. Rosa and Paul have said the Dodi relationship was to try and make Hasnet jealous. I also read that Diana was calling Hasnet while with Dodi, but he did not return her calls. If Diana was not so unpredictable about her relationships, then I would agree that she would not have been so ready to jump into another marriage. But with Hasnet rejection, Charles and Camilla relationship getting more and more public, - Charles gave Camilla a 50th birthday party that summer at Highgrove and I believe the week after Diana's death Camilla was to have her first major patron event - her boys away at school most of the time and now she had to share the boys' vacations with Charles, Diana was at a cross road in her lonely, personal life. I think if Dodi and Diana would have lived and the relationship progressed she might be married to him now. She did tell reporters in her last few weeks to watch out something major was going to happen in her life.

So getting away from the novel that I am writing. Now knowing that Diana gave her father's cufflinks to Dodi tells me an the relationship was more then a fling for the summer. Her actions speak louder than her words to me.:flowers:

The Morton book made the family FINALLY realize that Diana wanted out of the marriage.

But how could they? When asked, Diana always maintained that she never wanted a divorce because she wanted to protect the children. She said this even as late as the 1995 Panorama interview.

I think the Panorama interview showed the family that she wanted out of the marriage because after the book there is no way that she could have done the Panorama interview without knowing that it would end her marriage.

PrincessofEurope said:
i not convinced that these letters from Diana to Dodi are as significant as everyone seems to be making them out to be.

I'm not necessarily making the letters to be more than what they were but one of Diana's letters to Dodi does tend to prove that she gave Dodi cufflinks that she at least claimed to be her fathers'. I do think the gift of her father's cufflinks are significant. Perhaps as skydragon has said, the gift of her father's cufflinks would mean nothing to someone of Diana's class but to me such a gift would be significant. I wonder too why Dodi's father hung on to the cufflinks for so long but Diana's letter proves that she gave Dodi some cufflinks that she at least said was her fathers' so the fact that Dodi's father hung on to the cufflink so long doesn't change the fact that Diana gave Dodi her father's cufflinks.

But how could they? When asked, Diana always maintained that she never wanted a divorce because she wanted to protect the children. She said this even as late as the 1995 Panorama interview.

I think the Panorama interview showed the family that she wanted out of the marriage because after the book there is no way that she could have done the Panorama interview without knowing that it would end her marriage.

Okay ysbel, I agree with you. I forgot that she wanted to protect her children. Her Morton book was a cry for help to Charles and the BRF. And Pa Philip came to the rescue in 1992, but I don't think it was early enough to save their marriage.

I'm not necessarily making the letters to be more than what they were but one of Diana's letters to Dodi does tend to prove that she gave Dodi cufflinks that she at least claimed to be her fathers'. I do think the gift of her father's cufflinks are significant. Perhaps as skydragon has said, the gift of her father's cufflinks would mean nothing to someone of Diana's class but to me such a gift would be significant. I wonder too why Dodi's father hung on to the cufflinks for so long but Diana's letter proves that she gave Dodi some cufflinks that she at least said was her fathers' so the fact that Dodi's father hung on to the cufflink so long doesn't change the fact that Diana gave Dodi her father's cufflinks.

Ysbel, I do hope that even someone from Diana's class would feel that her last gift from her father meant something to her. I read that Diana as a child took care of her father and brother after the divorce. A person with that kind of love to give would really treasure her father's last gift. A book that I have read about Diana also said that that she wished her father would not have died in 1992 when she really needed his support. So, to me those cufflinks finally support some of what al Fayed has been saying about them since their deaths in 1997.:flowers:

Another thing that has me bothered about revelations this week at the inquest is that Rosa Mockton, her best friend, has a close family member in MI6 that Diana did not know about. Their friendship was started in 1992 when Diana started to rock the monarchy foundations. I just wonder if this friendship was started as a chance encounter.:flowers:

Ysbel, I do hope that even someone from Diana's class would feel that her last gift from her father meant something to her. I read that Diana as a child took care of her father and brother after the divorce. A person with that kind of love to give would really treasure her father's last gift.
quote shortened - I don't for a moment believe that they were his 'last gift' to her, but it does sound good to the recipient. :rolleyes:

That sort of personal gift would perhaps be given to the groom as a wedding gift from his bride. The same way that I received jewellery given to my husband by his grandmama on our wedding day. I don't think Diana would have given a 'significant' gift to someone she had known such a short time and could have been a summer infatuation. If they were that important to her, why did she not give them to Hasnet?

Yes Diana fussed around her brother and father, which is why she was devastated that her father replaced her with Raine.

You're very right Skydragon. It's so weird to think she has actually given him these cufflinks ... I would understand for Hewitt or Hasnat but Dodi ... :ermm:. I can't think of any reasons expect maybe that she was afraid to loose his affection due to his break up with Kelly Fisher. Perhaps she felt responsible of the possibe pain he got from his separation. Or it could be just a thankful gift but IMO, it was too important for her to give it to an almost stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom