The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and fear - I can understand this guy not coming forward even now - some Diana fanatics may take revenge and considering their threats against Camilla who was only involved in the breakdown of the marriage this guy would be terrified if he admitted that he was the driver of the car that clipped the Mercedes that resulted in her actual death.

Doesn't the Paget report also show that Andanson (sp) couldn't have been in Paris that evening because he took a flight from somewhere else the next morning and timewise he couldn't have got to that place if he had been in Paris at the time of the crash. His wife also is adament that he was at home with her or something like that. I don't have my copy of the Paget report handy at the moment.

Have "Diana fanatics" ever murdered anyone? Have they acosted or beaten up anyone. Do photographers and the RF fear for their lives from these "evil" people. Have you ever seen the threats against Camilla? Where do they lurk? Are they armed? Who are they? Please stop this nonsense. People who liked Diana are not out there trying to do any of the things you intimate, otherwise these "demented beings", would have done something by now.

Actually, they got a little ugly at the paps at/during/around the funeral. I clearly thought that that was justified. Those paps have sold their souls and are in it for the money.

Jayne Fincher mentions in her absolutely lovely tribute book (published after Diana died) of her own frustrations in her attempts to "get the Palace to do something" about the paparazzi to "cease and desist" from hounding Diana after losing the HRH status...Unfortunately, to no avail.

There is the PBS documentary which was shown in the USA eerily shortly before Diana died called. "The Princess and The Press".....

I am fascinated by the people not called as witnesses in the inquest....Get this young Asian man up there and let him answer some questions...He sounds like a key element.

I would also see Rita Rodgers take the stand and reveal what questions Diana and Dodi wanted "guidance" for before they died. So many people, so many questions....

Have "Diana fanatics" ever murdered anyone? Have they acosted or beaten up anyone. Do photographers and the RF fear for their lives from these "evil" people. Have you ever seen the threats against Camilla? Where do they lurk? Are they armed? Who are they? Please stop this nonsense. People who liked Diana are not out there trying to do any of the things you intimate, otherwise these "demented beings", would have done something by now.

What a pity you didn't see the word 'may' in my post.

That suggests that there is a possibility that this is why this person is not coming forward.

Considering the death threats that have been made to Camilla both before and after her marriage to Charles (reported by CH and to Scotland Yard) and the threats made this year if she attended the Memorial service then I think a reasonable person could very well fear for their lives from some fanatic.

Most normal human beings, whether fans of Diana or not, wouldn't do so but a fanatic could very easily. Just because someone hasn't done something now doesn't mean that they couldn't in the future if this man made a confession that he was driving a white fiat uno in the tunnel that evening and clipped a black Mercedes.

Personally I wouldn't come forward in those circumstances.

Just seeing the vitriol that is written on this board towards anyone who disliked Diana is enough to make sure that I would fear for my life with the number of people in society today who have access to the means to do real harm to people and seem to think that Diana was the perfect human being.

I have never hidden my dislike of Diana and I have been verbally attacked for that belief on this board and through PMs but I soldier on.

I have had enough personal abuse here however to make me think that my sanity isn't worth the hassle if people can't do something as simple as actually reading the words written rather than just skimming the piece.

I gave a suggestion as to why a person mightn't come forward and was then attacked for it.

Jayne Fincher mentions in her absolutely lovely tribute book (published after Diana died) of her own frustrations in her attempts to "get the Palace to do something" about the paparazzi to "cease and desist" from hounding Diana after losing the HRH status...Unfortunately, to no avail.

There is the PBS documentary which was shown in the USA eerily shortly before Diana died called. "The Princess and The Press".....

I am fascinated by the people not called as witnesses in the inquest....Get this young Asian man up there and let him answer some questions...He sounds like a key element.

I would also see Rita Rodgers take the stand and reveal what questions Diana and Dodi wanted "guidance" for before they died. So many people, so many questions....

As this is a British inquest they can't force anyone who isn't a British citizen to give evidence and this Vietnamese man knows this. As he hasn't given evidence to the French inquiry he certainly won't give evidence at this one and I don't blame him - personally I would run a mile away from giving evidence myself in his circumstances as I would fear for my life.

Considering the mood during the weeks after Diana's death, where people were seriously talking about revolution and the end of the monarchy, I don't think it's at all far-fetched for this person to feel that lying low might be the prudent option.

Have "Diana fanatics" ever murdered anyone? Have they acosted or beaten up anyone. Do photographers and the RF fear for their lives from these "evil" people. Have you ever seen the threats against Camilla? Where do they lurk? Are they armed? Who are they?
I posted a story, some time ago in the Camilla thread, about one particular nasty Diana fan who had been prosecuted because of the threats she was sending on a daily basis.
chrissy57 said:
Just seeing the vitriol that is written on this board towards anyone who disliked Diana is enough to make sure that I would fear for my life with the number of people in society today who have access to the means to do real harm to people and seem to think that Diana was the perfect human being.
I have never hidden my dislike of Diana and I have been verbally attacked for that belief on this board and through PMs but I soldier on
chrissy57 is, IMO, correct in her assessment and regarding personal attacks by PM of anyone who dares to admit their feelings about Diana.

I can well understand the mans reluctance to come forward and having seen the baying pack in London a couple of days after the accident, think it was a wise decision.

What a pity you didn't see the word 'may' in my post. That suggests that there is a possibility that this is why this person is not coming forward...
I understand where you're coming from. I have been attacked at another board and quit it just because of my opinions. I rather like this board and hope none of that vitriol will come over here. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, sometimes things get a bit heated, but on the whole we don't encourage vitriol.

I think that, if members are being attacked personally, it should be publicised, and names named.

There is a big difference between disagreement, conflicting opinions and cowardly personal abuse. The former is par for the course on a public discussion board; the latter, simply offensive.

All people in the public eye must be wary of some "nut" attacking them. Actors, muscians, politcians and royal families. It is not an unknown thing. My objection was not to someone's safety being compromised, which it certainly could, but that they be catorgorized as "Diana fanatics". Perhaps, they might do these things becuase they are mentally unstable. I, believe, that when people do these bizarre things, it is not so much that they are a particular fan, but because they are unwell. When President Reagan was shot many years ago, the young man who shot him was a "Jodi Foster Fanatic", of course, he is in a mental hospital now. Because he had this thing for Jodi Foster didn't make him any more likely to hurt someone, it was his mental illness. If someone who liked Diana were to harm anyone involved they, too, would most undoubtedly, be mentally ill. It wasn't the word "may" that I missed, it was idea that people who liked Diana were more capble of harm than others. I, frankly, don't see why anyone can get that involved in the whole thing. Diana is dead 10 years and, but, for this never ending inquest, it might be put to rest. If, everyone, who can testify, would do so, it would clear up any of the doubts, reasonable and unreasonable and it would end. I do not beieve there was a conspiracy, but if new info keeps surfacing and people who could testify hide, it will cast doubts.

I have been attacked at another board and quit it just because of my opinions. I rather like this board and hope none of that vitriol will come over here. :flowers:
It is horrible when that happens, but all you can do is battle through or ignore the offending poster. Things can get heated on here but we are all entitled to express our opinions, politely, IMO. :flowers:

All people in the public eye must be wary of some "nut" attacking them. Actors, muscians, politcians and royal families. It is not an unknown thing. My objection was not to someone's safety being compromised, which it certainly could, but that they be catorgorized as "Diana fanatics".
I think the Paparazzi were Diana fanatics. Now there are roadblocks to their testimony at her inquest. Very interesting development...

I think the Paparazzi were Diana fanatics. Now there are roadblocks to their testimony at her inquest. Very interesting development.....

What do you find "interesting" about it?

It is horrible when that happens, but all you can do is battle through or ignore the offending poster. Things can get heated on here but we are all entitled to express our opinions, politely, IMO. :flowers:
I agree, this is why I enjoy posting here. I was greatly interested in BeatrixFan's discussion over the monarchy with benson? (I can't remember) Very nicely done and very civilized. And thank you Elspeth for your input. It is much appreciated! :flowers:

pinkie40 said:
I think the Paparazzi were Diana fanatics. Now there are roadblocks to their testimony at her inquest. Very interesting development...
No, they were money fanatics. Her pictures sold, so they would kill themselves to get a shot. Some may have liked Diana, I don't know, but they were in it for the cash.

No, they were money fanatics. Her pictures sold, so they would kill themselves to get a shot. Some may have liked Diana, I don't know, but they were in it for the cash.
This is true. They were getting insane payouts for Diana pics!

I understand where you're coming from. I have been attacked at another board and quit it just because of my opinions. I rather like this board and hope none of that vitriol will come over here. :flowers:
You will find mature people on this board. I really enjoy being here:flowers:

You will find mature people on this board. I really enjoy being here:flowers:
I agree. It is very nice!

I watched The Queen Saturday. They hounded Diana to death. Literally.

Paparazzi will not appear at Diana inquest - Yahoo! News UK

I don't understand why they are not summoned to the hearing. Like we've seen many times in this thread, they sometimes HAVE something else to add that can make the whole difference. The possibility of another dark car slowing down the mercedes was not taken seriously before this inquest.

The Inquest can't force the paps to give evidence as it only has the power to force British citizens to give evidence.

As the paparazzi have already given evidence to the French inquiry I can understand why they are saying they won't go through it all again.

Many of them have also been charged with offenses that night and were then cleared by French officials.

This inquest is only the British inquest required by law. Even if it finds foul play charges would have to be brought in France (unless the evidence points to criminal activity actually taking place in Britain such as planning a murder attempt). As the French inquiry has already ruled this an accident they would have to first of all reopen their own inquiry before bringing any further charges than those already brought against the paps and then dismissed.

The paps aren't British citizens and having already given evidence in France why would they feel that they should have to give evidence all over again. What more could, or would, they say to an inquiry in Britain that they didn't say in the French inquiry?

What I want to know is whether their testimony given to the French inquiry and statements to the French police can be read in the British inquest? If so then they will be giving the testimony that they have already given and would give again.

I agree they can't force them but how come some change their declarations 10 years after ? They should be summoned, even if they only say :"I've nothing else to add at my version". IMO, it would make everything square and clear ... for once.

Unfortunatly I think it goes both ways. Whether you are a Diana fan or a camilla fan sometimes things get very uncomfortable with attacks and accusations. I was recently attacked for asking a question and I still don't know what provoked the attack. :ohmy:

Unfortunatly I think it goes both ways. Whether you are a Diana fan or a camilla fan sometimes things get very uncomfortable with attacks and accusations. I was recently attacked for asking a question and I still don't know what provoked the attack. :ohmy:

Yeah, I know the feeling. I hate when people suddenly attack you just because they think differently. It's foolish of them to refuse another point of vue, they should know that having a balanced opinion, especially when talking about Diana or Camilla, is much more mature than staying on their positions, denying everything that can damage their venerated idol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom