The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post Lady Karen, welcome to the forums! :flowers:

pinkie40 - Why would they need a link to Fayed, he was and is seen as a minor irritant. His brother was allowed a British Passport, but because of doubts and some evidence of illegally obtained money and alleged wrong doing in his own country, added to his recorded outbursts against the royals (before Diana & Dodi), he has been turned down a couple of times.

"A Royal Duty" by Paul Burrell.

According to Paul Burrell in his book, Frances would call Diana inebriated slurring her speech saying Diana should not go out with Hasnat 1) because he was a "mere surgeon" 2) he was dark skinned/Muslim. Frances, according to Paul, sent Diana letters that Diana returned to her mother unopened.
Not exactly a reliable source then. How would Burrell know what Frances said if she was speaking to Diana? If Diana returned the letters unopened (which we are told by many, she did), how would he know what was in those. I know I am being picky here but it sounds as if Burrell is taking delight in slurring a woman who showed her dislike of him from the word go.

I have been a long-time reader and rarely post, but I feel that this whole thread lacks one very important point of view...
It does appear that some people will spend any amount of money to try to get the result they want, regardless of how it will affect others.
Great post, well-said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly a reliable source then. How would Burrell know what Frances said if she was speaking to Diana? If Diana returned the letters unopened (which we are told by many, she did), how would he know what was in those. I know I am being picky here but it sounds as if Burrell is taking delight in slurring a woman who showed her dislike of him from the word go.

Paul mentions in his book Diana allowed him to hear the phone call between the slurring Frances and Diana. And, according to Simone Simmons' last book "Diana-The Last Words", Simone thought Paul was incredibly nosey into Diana's business, much more than is expected for the "average" butler.

I would assume from Frances' own station in life she could have been quite particular what "class" and "breeding" the men her daughter had an interest in. I am sure that most men must have been "inferior" since Diana did marry at the top of the totem. I also think Diana must have wanted the same acceptance from her mother in her choice of dating partners as she believed her step-mother Raine had accepted Hasnat.

What must have stunned and shocked Frances was that the person who attended Diana in the last moments of her life was, in fact, a heart surgeon.

Last edited:
I have been a long-time reader and rarely post, but I feel that this whole thread lacks one very important point of view...
I agree with you 100%.

Lady Karen, excellent post! :flowers:
Sky Dragon, you are exactly right about the BRF going about their business during the whole messy ordeal of Charles and Diana's break up.
I had thought about it, but hadn't given it much more thought than now about just how much effort it took to keep being themselves and doing what they do. I very much respect them for that!

Paul mentions in his book Diana allowed him to hear the phone call between the slurring Frances and Diana.......
I'm afraid I find it hard to believe 99.9% of anything Burrell says. This is the 'man', I use the term loosely, who according to him, gave Charles a telling off. The same 'man', I watched on a programme stuttering and crawling over a fake arab prince, wringing his hands and almost in tears in case he had upset him! :rolleyes: He was certainly Diana's rock, the rock around her neck!
I would assume from Frances' own station in life she could have been quite particular what "class" and "breeding" the men her daughter had an interest in.
Like most mothers, I think Frances just wanted Diana to settle down with someone she could be happy with. Peter Shand Kydd was hardly aristocratic. His father made wallpaper (on a large scale) and he became a sheep farmer!:rolleyes:
What must have stunned and shocked Frances was that the person who attended Diana in the last moments of her life was, in fact, a heart surgeon.
Not all aristocrats or upper class people live a life of idle luxury. Some do in fact work, some for a living, some because they want to. More than that, I wouldn't have thought anyone gave it a seconds thought about who attended Diana in her last moments, just the fact that she was dead.

A few posts have been removed because they are intent on rehashing the same old, same old.

Unless the Diana Inquest raises the subject of the Duchess of Cornwall or examines the state of the Wales' marriage prior to the divorce, there is no need to introduce either topic into this thread as a means of continuing the old and tired partisan fights.

thanks.

Warren
British Forums moderator

I'm afraid I find it hard to believe 99.9% of anything Burrell says. This is the 'man', I use the term loosely, who according to him, gave Charles a telling off. The same 'man', I watched on a programme stuttering and crawling over a fake arab prince, wringing his hands and almost in tears in case he had upset him! :rolleyes: He was certainly Diana's rock, the rock around her neck!
Like most mothers, I think Frances just wanted Diana to settle down with someone she could be happy with. Peter Shand Kydd was hardly aristocratic. His father made wallpaper (on a large scale) and he became a sheep farmer!:rolleyes:
Not all aristocrats or upper class people live a life of idle luxury. Some do in fact work, some for a living, some because they want to. More than that, I wouldn't have thought anyone gave it a seconds thought about who attended Diana in her last moments, just the fact that she was dead.

Because Her Majesty intervened upon his behalf and then gave him a medal, I listen whenever Paul talks. I look forward to his participation in the inquest.

Perhaps it was more of a religious view that Diana's mother questioned about her daughter's suitors. I don't know the Catholic stance on Muslims and that may have been an issue for Frances. I also believe Diana had been influenced by Annabel Goldsmith (mother of Jemima Khan) much to the chagrin of many of Diana's friends.

Last edited:
Because Her Majesty intervened upon his behalf and then gave him a medal, I listen whenever Paul talks. I look forward to his participation in the inquest.

Perhaps it was more of a religious view that Diana's mother questioned about her daughter's suitors. I don't know the Catholic stance on Muslims and that may have been an issue for Frances. I also believe Diana had been influenced by Annabel Goldsmith (mother of Jemima Khan) much to the chagrin of many of Diana's friends.

Its not against the church if a catholic marries a muslim; we are all brothers and sisters in faith. I don't think it was religious at all.

A few posts have been removed because they are intent on rehashing the same old, same old.

Unless the Diana Inquest raises the subject of the Duchess of Cornwall or examines the state of the Wales' marriage prior to the divorce, there is no need to introduce either topic into this thread as a means of continuing the old and tired partisan fights.

thanks.

Warren
British Forums moderator
I don't envy you your job! :D

I have always thought about the nasty little secret he had been threatening to reveal and what part that played in HM suddenly remembering a conversation with Burrell.

When I think of Burrell, which is not often, I equate it with scraping something off the bottom of my shoe.

I could go into all the reasons I believe prove him to be a lying little creep, but the forum would be overloaded and as this is about the inquest, I don't want to put the mods in overdrive. :lol:

I have difficulty taking Paul seriously but I'm not so sure he's dishonest.

Poor Diana, her last images were flash bulbs and men holding cameras. There is no excuse for their behaviour that night.

First, I re-iterate that I don't believe that Diana was deliberately murdered.

Second, I am firm in my resolve that every single question which has been raised by those who do believe that she was deliberately murdered be adequately aired and addressed, no matter how long it takes nor how much it costs. I predict that this will never go away, otherwise.

As for the effects on Diana's children - well, they're big boys now, and must be used to the speculation. It's also one of the downsides in being a royal.

In defence of truth in harrowing circumstances, I would remind everyone of the late, and some would call 'great', King Hussein of Jordan. His grandfather was murdered before him when he only about 5 years old; his father was dethroned because he was mentally ill and Hussein ascended the throne as a very young man (18 years old, wasn't he?). And what a splendid monarch he was. He was a royal's royal, and I see no real reason why we can't assume the same standard of behaviour from our own princes.

As for Burrell - well, I didn't give him the time of day, until Her Majesty, personally, came to his defence in his trial. Now that, truly, gave me great pause.

I have always thought about the nasty little secret he had been threatening to reveal and what part that played in HM suddenly remembering a conversation with Burrell.

When I think of Burrell, which is not often, I equate it with scraping something off the bottom of my shoe.

I could go into all the reasons I believe prove him to be a lying little creep, but the forum would be overloaded and as this is about the inquest, I don't want to put the mods in overdrive. :lol:
What do you suppose the secret was about? It would have to be something really explosive for QE to 'suddenly remember' which sounds a bit fishy to me.

First of all I can't imagine Her Majesty The Queen standing on her feet for three hours talking to.....a former servant.

But maybe it took that long to explain to Paul about loyalty. What has caused Paul a lot of trouble has been his own agenda.

When will Paul testify? I remember seeing a news story of him arriving in England for the inquest. I also believe they should call Hasnat Khan.....He was surprised he wasn't on the witness list.

I also wondered why other men who were friendly with Diana may not also be called as witnesses..at least clarify to the state of mind (ie paranoia, fears, clarity of thinking) Diana possessed in the last few years of her life.

Do you think Prince William will be called as witness as per his last conversations with his mother?

Last edited:
This is the second time in years that I've heard about this mysterious car it has now made very curious.

BBC NEWS | UK | Diana driver 'taunted paparazzi'

Princess Diana's driver, Henri Paul, taunted photographers on the night she died, an inquest has heard.

BBC NEWS | UK | Diana witness 'saw swerving car'

A man who saw a white Fiat Uno coming out of the Paris tunnel where Princess Diana was killed thought its driver was drunk, her inquest has heard.

Witnesses pick out Fiat Uno driver at Diana inquest - Yahoo! News UK

Witnesses on Monday pointed out the man they said drove the mysterious white Fiat Uno that conspiracy theorists have long associated with the death of princess Diana.

while i don't think the whole thing was an assassination i did always wonder about the fiat. it's a strange coincidence that the driver died (by suicide i believe?) and the car was destroyed after the accident.

I do think it is a huge part of the case that the now identified (under oath by a witness) driver of a Fiat is not going to be requested to give testimony as of now. Why not just get the man on the stand and ask a few questions??? Again, imo, it is what is "unsaid" that is going to continue the controversey rather than clarify matters.

while i don't think the whole thing was an assassination i did always wonder about the fiat. it's a strange coincidence that the driver died (by suicide i believe?) and the car was destroyed after the accident.

I think you misunderstood the information. The Paget report explains that this paparazzo owned a white Fiat Uno, but it hadn't been used on the street for some time but served only as a car to transport goods on the estate of this man in the countryside - it would have been close to impossible to drive this car over the long distance to Paris without repairs (when the police controlled it it had not even rails left and the motor did not longer work) and without the necessary license plates. Why should the man in question have used his own car without insurance and registration for such an alleged task when he could have rented or got one from another source, leaving no traces to him?

While I can certainly understand that Vietnamese guyif he really was involved: just imagine the situation for him. He drove late at night, probably a bit drunk, through the tunnel and collided with the Mercedes. He drove away in panic, afraid he might be questioned and loose his driving license. Maybe he even listened to the radio then or the next morning and found out which car it was he had collided with. He heard that several paparazzi were arrested because they "had killed" Diana. Would you have come forward then and tell the authorities that it was your car who potentially was responisble for Diana's crash? That in France - the state with a very rigid police and justice system? Being not a French citizen?

Well, I guess he repaired his car and changed the colour hoping for the best. And so far, apart from these witnesses there is no proof that he actually had something to do with the crash. It is far more plausibe than the idea that a car reck like the Andason one was made ready for the trip to Paris without anyone noticing it and then returned to the state of near wreckage on the country estate...

Yikes! Repairing the car and changing it's color and not coming forward really shows a lack of character and guilt.

Yikes! Repairing the car and changing it's color and not coming forward really shows a lack of character and guilt.

and fear - I can understand this guy not coming forward even now - some Diana fanatics may take revenge and considering their threats against Camilla who was only involved in the breakdown of the marriage this guy would be terrified if he admitted that he was the driver of the car that clipped the Mercedes that resulted in her actual death.

Doesn't the Paget report also show that Andanson (sp) couldn't have been in Paris that evening because he took a flight from somewhere else the next morning and timewise he couldn't have got to that place if he had been in Paris at the time of the crash. His wife also is adament that he was at home with her or something like that. I don't have my copy of the Paget report handy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom