The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought the people in charge would have taken multiple tissue/fluid samples of the princess simply because certain questions (specifically this one) would have not even been part of the diaglouge this many years onward. Anyway, her DNA profile would have been useful for storage for any questions of future descendants....and how much space would that take up in her medical records???

Now comes the news the letters from the DOE never existed....despite what Paul Burrell and Simone Simmons attest to what they have seen. Maybe the DOE might need to be compelled to testify. If the letters do not appear, that will be something I would find highly suspicious. Surely people like the Duke kept copies of his correspondence to Diana so it could not be disputed or twisted by her paranoia/moods in the future.

I also hope the inquest answers the question posed by Simone Simmons as to why the tunnel was washed clean after the wreck.

One could also ask Rene Delorm or any servants/stewards on the Jonikal or at any of the land residences if Diana drank any alcohol. Diana would not harm a pregnancy by drinking, imo.

Last edited:
Now comes the news the letters from the DOE never existed....despite what Paul Burrell and Simone Simmons attest to what they have seen. Maybe the DOE might need to be compelled to testify. If the letters do not appear, that will be something I would find highly suspicious. Surely people like the Duke kept copies of his correspondence to Diana so it could not be disputed or twisted by her paranoia/moods in the future.

There is no way for me to know, obviously, but based on my knowledge of the Royal Archives, I am guessing that most letters received by (and copies of those sent by) senior members of the royal family are archived in the Royal Archives. They archive letters by and for even senior staff, so I imagine the correspondence of senior royals is archived too.

Diana died in the care of Al-Fayed security. Diana really didn't "need" any of her own security detail in the company of someone as high profile as the Al-Fayed family.

Ken Wharfe , in interviews around the 10th anniversary a few weeks ago, assumed that it was a dire security breech on Mr. Al-Fayed's detail.

One can assume if Diana had felt the least bit unsafe, she herself would have gotten away from Dodi, asap!

..Any of us who have ever been to Harrod's in England can attest to the stringent rules/store policy regarding proper dress and parcel handling and ubiquitous security cameras.

I would assume that at the very least a decent security man would tell you to wear your seatbelt.

And it's obvious to me that the al Fayed security wasn't very good (or that precautions were disregarded by the passengers), or this preventable accident wouldn't have happened.

:news:
-->The Telegraph: Dodi and Diana embrace before final journey by Gordon Ramsay, chief reporter
"With their arms wrapped around each other and their heads touching, Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed share a tender moment as they patiently wait for the car which was to take them on their final journey.
Less than five minutes after this CCTV footage was taken, Dodi Fayed was dead and Diana fatally injured after the car which picked them up from the Ritz Hotel in Paris crashed in an underpass."
READ MORE

--> The Times: Diana and Dodi's last embrace by Sophie Tedmanson

Diana's driver alerted paparazzi, video of last minutes shows | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

The Mail: Four key questions over the mysterious Henri Paul by Michael Seamark and Rebecca English

The Official Coverage
Inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Mr Dodi Al Fayed (the official source)
Coroner's Videos (official)

Other coverage
Princess Diana's final hours: Aug 30-31 1997 - Telegraph
How events unfolded on night of Princess Diana's death - Telegraph
BBC NEWS | UK | Diana last moments shown in court
Inquest sees evidence of Diana's happiness in last hours at Ritz
LAS ÚLTIMAS FOTOS DE DIANA DE GALES CON VIDA
The Sun: Full coverage link

Last edited:
Good God what a horrific crash!
But I still maintain that Dodi was only a summer fling, nothing more.

I don't think the Princess in any way did anything could damage her son future, getting pregnant or remary with dodi and as many peoples said, at that time dodi it just a summer relationship, we will never know if this relationship will go further but one for sure, her sons are above everything even for a man, and that it s only my opinion.

While the inquest is unlikely to change my own personal opinion of why the crash occurred, I have to admit finding it very distasteful to learn of so many very private aspects of Diana's life (pharmaceutical prescriptions in particular) becoming part of the public record. I feel so sorry for her family at the moment.

... I have to admit finding it very distasteful to learn of so many very private aspects of Diana's life (pharmaceutical prescriptions in particular) becoming part of the public record. I feel so sorry for her family at the moment.
It's only because of Al Fayed's continued insistence that Diana was pregnant (and that the embalming in Paris was part of the conspiracy to "cover it up") that the inquest must go into such personal detail. Very unsavoury, but it's obvious Mr Al Fayed cares nothing about the consequences of his allegations.

Last edited:
the footage of diana is erie to say the least...looking at it, it could have taken place yesterday. my issue is this...they say she was happy in the last hours of her life. i suppose if this footage were taken the same day it could be "her last hours" but in any books i've read there is the claim by some of the customers that were at the restaurant in the ritz that nite, where diana and dodi tried to have supper, that she was visibly upset even crying. this wouldn't indicate to me, a woman that was "happy in the last hours of her life". some media reports even say that in the footage of them going out the revolving door at the rear of the hotel, they are both visibly upset by what's going on.

Like Rosa Monckton? As she also seemed to know or claimed to know when Diana started her period.... a week or two before the crash on their Greek holidays, so she says. Naturally, if Diana was on the Pill, it could have been a short or light period. If she was in her second trimester of pregnancy, as the Fayed/leopard-print-bikini picture theory implies, she could have had spotting. I guess spotting can occur at anytime in a pregancy and not only in the early weeks?

Just my personal opinion on the elevator/smiling picture: I don't feel or think that she seems pregnant here. That little pouch on her tummy, so well concealed in those pants, seems like her normal shape to me. --> The Daily Mail article/picture

Distasteful and intrusive as I always feel this particular discussion is, I would point out that, as Diana and Rosa obviously discussed her period on that holiday in Greece, then it would surely show that even Diana (if she WERE pregnant at that point) did not KNOW she was. And if the lady in question doesn't know, then how in God's name would the "establishment" know & decide she needed "doing away with"????

Yes, I am aware that pregnant ladies can have "spotting" or breakthrough bleeding and/or they might still be on the pill. BUT if Diana knew she was pregnant, she would be unlikely to talk to Rosa about a "period" - more likely to be getting in touch with a Doctor to check the problem. AND she would surely not bother taking contraceptives if she knew she was pregnant. Now we are back to my question above....if the lady in question doesn't know, how would those mysterious establishment assassins.......??
:ermm:

I think the various accounts of the Inquest proceedings are saying their various things according to their various agendas. Some of them want to portray a "happy Diana" because they want to show that she was "happy with Dodi" and "a woman clearly on the way to marriage, baby, etc." And others are playing down the "happy in love" stuff because they have a more sober agenda. It's all being phrased differently because there are different motives going on. So the best thing is, if you want to follow this Inquest, to take everything with a grain of salt, read the accounts, absorb it, but make your own judgements. The Coroner's website is good because you can read the transcripts and see their videos and they don't have anything but the facts. The facts are there, plain and simple, without taints.

Last edited:
I don´t believe That Princess Diana was pregnant. This is a lie.

Just my personal opinion on the elevator/smiling picture: I don't feel or think that she seems pregnant here. That little pouch on her tummy, so well concealed in those pants, seems like her normal shape to me. --> The Daily Mail article/picture

i agree. while diana had a lovely figure she wasn't toned so the little tummy would be natural, especially after having given birth twice.

If Only

i don't know how many books i have read on princess diana, but every book i have read they all have diffrent views on what happen in her last moments of her life.

if diana was pregnet it would have not been dodi's baby. the were only togeather for 2/3 weeks. i personly think it could have been dr hansnat kahns baby

dodi life was controlled by his father, whatever his father wanted he had todo it so saying that i don't think dodi would have goten a engagment ring for her i think it was more of a token of friendship ring more then anything eles.

on the subject on weather the royal family had got anything todo with this death i m not 100% sure if its true or not. all we know is that the royal family were very jelouse of diana's popularity ( i think there still are)

the only person who would know about that night was the bodygard , he can only remember a little bit about that night .

her life would have not been taken if she din't wear a seat belt that night if only she did.

i am not attentionly offand anyone on this its wat i think and feel. i hope ppl can understand

the footage of diana is erie to say the least...looking at it, it could have taken place yesterday. my issue is this...they say she was happy in the last hours of her life. i suppose if this footage were taken the same day it could be "her last hours" but in any books i've read there is the claim by some of the customers that were at the restaurant in the ritz that nite, where diana and dodi tried to have supper, that she was visibly upset even crying. this wouldn't indicate to me, a woman that was "happy in the last hours of her life". some media reports even say that in the footage of them going out the revolving door at the rear of the hotel, they are both visibly upset by what's going on.

I found the footage very eerie as well. I don't think she was very happy those last hours at all. She doesn't look too relaxed or happy, IMO. She looks stressed, and when she and Dodi are in the hall before the exited the Ritz for the last time, although she was holding hands with him, I got the feeling she was exhausted, not happy.

As for the pregnancy rumors, I doubt them very seriously. I think Mr. Al Fayed is a disgusting individual who is still trying to gain acceptance in Britain even though his one chance died on 8/31/97.

I doubt very seriously that her affair with Dodi would have lasted much longer. I can't see her wanting to be with someone as aimless as he was. I think she envisioned her life being a humanitarian, and Dodi just didn't fit that bill. I truly believe she was using Dodi to make Hasnat Khan jealous.

It makes me sad that the simple act of not wearing a seatbelt is the reason she is no longer on Earth. There are tons of pictures of her wearing them in the past. Why that one night did she not clip it on?

I would assume that at the very least a decent security man would tell you to wear your seatbelt.

And it's obvious to me that the al Fayed security wasn't very good (or that precautions were disregarded by the passengers), or this preventable accident wouldn't have happened.

We don't know that Trevor Rees-Jones didn't tell her to belt up. He could have. I really think you can only partially blame al Fayed Security. Dodi needs to shoulder the burden, with his indecisiveness. You can't tell the Boss's son what to do..

The only credible person I have heard from in the past 10 years was Dodi's Californian massage therapist on Larry King on the night of August 31,2007, who mentioned the erratic driving of Henri Paul after picking up the couple from the airport and driving them in the streets of Paris. She gave the impression she felt secure in Al-Fayed security but was highly concerned about Paul's daytime driving dodging a motorcycle pap.

I just don't think Mr. Al-Fayed's security detail, from Trevor Rees-Jones onward would have done anything at all to endanger anyone, therefore I will believe, like Ken Wharfe, that somewhere in the chain of command there was so sort of security breech. Some of the Ritz security camera footage doesn't show "huge" throngs of paps (certainly not as many as surrounds Britney Spears on a daily basis) so I can now understand why there was no complaints about the paps from other guests at the Ritz....

The photos of the passengers of the car, along with the Ritz secuity cameras do not show an impaired Henri Paul is (clear eyes, stable gait) but who can tell about his mental state, especially when he had driven dangerously in the daylight with the Princess and Dodi??

Last night, Nancy Grace touched on the subject of Diana's embalming procedure done in the hospital rather than a private morgue. Very interesting. The transcript of the discussion can be found at cnn.com/headlinenews

But no matter what our opinions are or how this touches our emotions, what matters is the evidence which is presented to the jury.

It makes me sad that the simple act of not wearing a seatbelt is the reason she is no longer on Earth. There are tons of pictures of her wearing them in the past. Why that one night did she not clip it on?

If she was constantly turning back to see the paparazzi or leading forward to dodge their cameras, how could she wear a seat belt.

We don't know that Trevor Rees-Jones didn't tell her to belt up. He could have. I really think you can only partially blame al Fayed Security. Dodi needs to shoulder the burden, with his indecisiveness. You can't tell the Boss's son what to do..

Exactly. If the Boss's son isn't going to follow the rules set by the security team, you can't say that security was so great.

Obviously, I don't know what factors came together to make this tragedy, but it seems like a "perfect storm" of factors -- enough people made bad decisions for something horrendous to happen.

Trevor Rees-Jones was not employed by, nor for Diana. He worked for MAF and did as he was instructed. If you read Trevor's book you get the picture clearly that whatever the thoughts of the bodyguards, they had to obey instructions and no way would it have been allowed nor tolerated for them to give instructions to their "principal" - in this case Dodi. They did what MAF told them to do (- as did Dodi) and it was not up to any of them to instruct him and Diana in what to do nor how to do it. Although they might protest and offer alternative suggestions, the bottom line was that they did what they were told to do - and that did not include making anyone do anything, including wear seat belts...

British Royal Protection Squad Officers MAY have some discretion in such matters and I believe it is "understood" that the Royals should take advice from them, but this was not that scenario - this was private protection and they were employed to protect Dodi - Diana just happened to be his guest.

It's only because of Al Fayed's continued insistence that Diana was pregnant (and that the embalming in Paris was part of the conspiracy to "cover it up") that the inquest must go into such personal detail. Very unsavoury, but it's obvious Mr Al Fayed cares nothing about the consequences of his allegations.
I agree. I think Mr. Al Fayed looks idiotic with his continual quest to try and prove something that's not there!

He seems arrogant and very spiteful I Hope his case is Destroyed
(my opinions are my on and I Honestly do not mean offense)

Exactly. If the Boss's son isn't going to follow the rules set by the security team, you can't say that security was so great.

Obviously, I don't know what factors came together to make this tragedy, but it seems like a "perfect storm" of factors -- enough people made bad decisions for something horrendous to happen.

I think you are spot on - it truly was a perfect storm of factors that led to a horrible tragedy.

It's bizarre if Diana actually took it into her head the idea of Charles marrying Tiggy. I mean, when was the last time a Prince of Wales and Heir Apparent to the Throne married the royal "social secretary"/nanny? I know times change, but do they change that much? And whatever made Diana think Charles had those kind of thoughts about Tiggy? By 1996/97 he had been going strong with Camilla for many years and didn't seem to have apparent plans of changing that. The idea of him hooking up with Tiggy seems rather random and odd, considering the context of everything that was happening, doesn't it?

But back to the topic of this Inquest news, I have a thought about the "last photos" from the car of them all alive. What does Henri Paul look like a triumphant maniac, smiling like he's enjoying driving like that? Dodi cowers in the back no doubt hoping they get to his apt. fast and it'll be over soon. Trevor is blinded by the bright lights from the motorcycle headlights and the camera flashes. But Henri Paul is the strangest person in these pics.... He looks like a kid delighting in a chase. :eek:
If the thought of marrying the nanny is bizarre then marrying a divorced woman who was a long time mistress and had been going strong for years even though they were both married to other people ,is as crazy or even crazier then thinking a nanny could marry a royal:lol:

As for the picture of henri Paul driving the car, to me it looks like he has been startled by what he sees in front of him which was probably a motor bike within inches of the moving car he is driving. Officials are saying that trevor rees is looking into the rearview mirror so he is not seeing or looking at what henri paul is looking at

Her pre-embalmed and pre-blood transfusion blood was tested for pregnancy and came back negative. The coroner pointed that out in his address to the jury. (Sample of Diana's blood were found and taken from the mercedes and these were tested)

As far as her prescriptions for the contraceptive pill are concerned, Paul Burrell has stated that her prescriptions were made out in the name of various female servants.
No pregnancy tests were done so that is the main reason behind the coronor's statement that the pregnancy will probably never be proven or disproven scientifically

No pregnancy tests were done so that is the main reason behind the coronor's statement that the pregnancy will probably never be proven or disproven scientifically

And honestly I don't think it changes something to the facts. Who could possibly know if she was pregnant ? And if someone knew it and had told it to the MI6 or whatever, this someone would have confessed it already. Anyway, this was a simple accident, pregnant Diana or not : Drunk driver + overspeeding + no seatbelts = very very bad option.

You're right. I don't think she was preganant. I never thought she would have put herself into a situation like that.
I was just repeating what I had read from the formal inquest that no blood was was ever tested for pregnancy.
One thing I do disagree about is whether henri paul was drunk or not. As Prince harry said a couple of months ago we'll never know what really went on in the tunnel that night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom