The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 10-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
I'm not trying to be a snob when I ask if anyone can see Dodi offering an ordinary 'from the range' ring to Diana as an engagement ring. £11,600 is not what I would expect him to offer to Diana if he intended to propose.

Then there is the 2nd ring he apparently purchased - a £60,000 etoile - or star – ring of gold and 'gems' from the same line. If that is true he was offering her the cheaper ring, it just doesn't sound true, IMO.
__________________

__________________
  #162  
Old 10-19-2007, 03:43 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I'm not trying to be a snob when I ask if anyone can see Dodi offering an ordinary 'from the range' ring to Diana as an engagement ring. £11,600 is not what I would expect him to offer to Diana if he intended to propose.

Then there is the 2nd ring he apparently purchased - a £60,000 etoile - or star – ring of gold and 'gems' from the same line. If that is true he was offering her the cheaper ring, it just doesn't sound true, IMO.
Yes, I agree. Anyway, I don't understand how Dodi passed from Kelly Fisher to Diana so fast only on the orders of his father. How could he disregard all his feelings for this woman ... I don't know but when you love someone (who you were going to marry by the way ...) you don't throw her away like that!
__________________

__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #163  
Old 10-19-2007, 04:16 PM
GillW's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Yes, I agree. Anyway, I don't understand how Dodi passed from Kelly Fisher to Diana so fast only on the orders of his father. How could he disregard all his feelings for this woman ... I don't know but when you love someone (who you were going to marry by the way ...) you don't throw her away like that!
A possibility - perhaps Dodi knew full well that he was just a summer fling, and was actually buying the expensive ring for Kelly to apologize for having to neglect her while he entertained Diana on daddy's orders...? And that the cheaper ring (ah, would that I owned one that "cheap"!!!) was being considered as a simple gift to Diana as a token of their summer friendship (small change to him, after all...)
__________________
  #164  
Old 10-19-2007, 04:26 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
A possibility - perhaps Dodi knew full well that he was just a summer fling, and was actually buying the expensive ring for Kelly to apologize for having to neglect her while he entertained Diana on daddy's orders...? And that the cheaper ring (ah, would that I owned one that "cheap"!!!) was being considered as a simple gift to Diana as a token of their summer friendship (small change to him, after all...)
I agree with this theory, it's the only one that makes sense if it's true that he bought 2 rings.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #165  
Old 10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,464
Jury sees video of Dodi Fayed shopping for jewelry
Jury sees video of Dodi Fayed shopping for jewelry
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #166  
Old 10-20-2007, 03:39 PM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
WAS Diana to wed? Jury see receipt for 'engagement ring' from Dodi | the Daily Mail

that theory makes sense to me, i think her true love was the doctor not dodi. i'm sorry thats the fugliest ring i've ever seen and not dianas style at all. it looks like what i call a "dinner ring" you wear it out to dinner but not as everyday jewelry.
__________________
  #167  
Old 10-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Are they showing us the correct ring, because as you say, that is just a dress ring and hardly spectacular, which I believe Diana would have wanted if she was intending to accept him.
__________________
  #168  
Old 10-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Polly's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mebourne, Australia
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
My post was about the photographers, yet again trying to find an excuse for their inexcusable behaviour that night, the pathetic 'we heard a rumour so we pursued her', when in fact they pursued her, sometimes with her help, regardless of any rumour. < ed >

As regards the rest of your post, do we really need to have her reputation further sullied by the acceptance by many, that this woman had leapt into another bed at the first opportunity and got herself pregnant? Do we need to know anything but the absolute facts regarding the crash.

I hadn't given any thought to which religion any of her male friends were and I don't understand your reference to it when replying to my post.
If Diana did indeed leap into another bed 'at the first opportunity' (what???) then we might, charitably conclude, that she was emulating her 'betters', perhaps?

To me, this remains an integral consideration which must be considered, if only to quell the damaging speculation.

As for religion - the issue is, it seems to me, and, I dare say, very many others, that Dodi's religion was, indeed, a major issue. Ergo: it's why the claims that Diana was 'murdered' have gained substance and credence.

These considerations form, for me, accepted 'facts' of the case as they're pre-eminent in the minds of many. All should be addressed if closure is ever to be reached. What I, as an individual, or you either, think, isn't the issue.

All implications, accusations, suppositions, etc. must be openly declared, discussed and then, hopefully,discounted.

I can't, for one minute, imagine the distress and angst that this whole sorry mess must be causing the Queen. She's not a young woman any longer and really doesn't need all of this.
__________________
  #169  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:28 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
As for religion - the issue is, it seems to me, and, I dare say, very many others, that Dodi's religion was, indeed, a major issue. Ergo: it's why the claims that Diana was 'murdered' have gained substance and credence.
If 'religion' really was an issue, why was no-one concerned with Diana's relationship with Dr Hasnat Khan? He was the one she wanted to marry, not summer-fling Dodi.

I know we have covered this before, but why would Diana marrying a Muslim gentleman have any impact whatsoever on the Royal Family or the Monarchy as an institution? Knowing as we do that the Prince of Wales has close links with the Islamic world makes the "murdered because she was planning to marry a Muslim" theory ridiculous. If she did have a child to a Muslim, and that child was raised a Muslim, then so what? Would a Muslim Diana or a Muslim half-sibling of Prince William make any difference to anything?

Sorry, I just don't see how or why a Muslim marriage (or a Muslim child) would be motive for murder to either the Royal Family or to 'the Establishment'. If anything, Diana detractors would have been quietly delighted to see her permanently tarnishing her image and reputation by marrying the very questionable and dubious Dodi.

Apart from Mohammed Al Fayed himself, has anyone else claimed that 'religion' was an issue at that stage of Diana's life?
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #170  
Old 10-21-2007, 06:29 AM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Are they showing us the correct ring, because as you say, that is just a dress ring and hardly spectacular, which I believe Diana would have wanted if she was intending to accept him.
i don't believe this is "THE" ring but one very similar. didn't the one he chose have emeralds in it? at any rate i agree, it's not an engagement ring in the traditional sense. i think any woman would describe this as a dinner ring. hard to say what diana's taste was though. anything i've read said she chose the one from charles because it was the biggest one on the tray of choices presented to her yet later i remember reading that she wasn't crazy about it because it was too big.
__________________
Duchess
  #171  
Old 10-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
If Diana did indeed leap into another bed 'at the first opportunity' (what???) ....
We don't seem to understand one anothers post's at all, do we. To spell it out

I am horrified that many of Diana's 'fans' are, it seems, very happy to believe she was murdered because she was pregnant with Dodi Fayeds child, therefore claiming that she had sex with him at least once, within a few days of their 'romance' starting.

I as a non fan, find that assumption a disgrace... Diana may have been many things, but I don't believe for one moment she was a trollop!
__________________
  #172  
Old 10-21-2007, 07:04 AM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
We don't seem to understand one anothers post's at all, do we. To spell it out

I am horrified that many of Diana's 'fans' are, it seems, very happy to believe she was murdered because she was pregnant with Dodi Fayeds child, therefore claiming that she had sex with him at least once, within a few days of their 'romance' starting.

I as a non fan, find that assumption a disgrace... Diana may have been many things, but I don't believe for one moment she was a trollop!
LOL , I like Diana and I never thought she could be pregnant and never will. It's an horrible thing to suppose this of someone, especially when we know how important it was for her to be in love with the other person (referring to Hewitt, Hoare, etc.). Moreover, she could get every man in the world so why Dodi ? I know what you will say, love isn't something you choose but I can't believe she would have done it with a man like him.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #173  
Old 10-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
WAS Diana to wed? Jury see receipt for 'engagement ring' from Dodi | the Daily Mail

that theory makes sense to me, i think her true love was the doctor not dodi. i'm sorry thats the fugliest ring i've ever seen and not dianas style at all. it looks like what i call a "dinner ring" you wear it out to dinner but not as everyday jewelry.
That is a most ugly ring! My wedding ring is considered a "dinner ring" and I'm happy to say it's not ugly like that thing what so ever!
I am wondering what the motivation is with Mohammed Al-Fayed. Just why is he trying so hard to prove that there was some sort of "marriage" proposal to Diana? Why is it so hard for him to comes to terms that Dodi was just a summer fling. Ego?
__________________
  #174  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 6
I have one question for everyone out there...If Mi6 were given orders to carry out and therefore everything should be covered up, then what is the point of this trial?. Surely the judge and all involved are part of the same masonic group.The one that prince philip is head of. surely the outcome is already sorted out, but the inquest is just to please the public. And second thing is if the truth (if it is truth) that the accident was 'arranged' finally came out (but i really dont see how and who would go against the establishment in court/police/law or even church -as the queen is head of all that), then HOW WOULD THE PUBLIC REACT? i doubt that day would ever come, but just imagine IF THE VERDICT WAS MURDER then how would the british public accept prince philip or royal family anymore? It would be chaos on that day.
__________________
  #175  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
I think Silver, your "theory" is just TOO FAR OUT THERE.
But that's my opinion.
__________________
  #176  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 6
Where there is smoke there is fire, and Diana knew how they operate better than anyone. she knew her time was coming. I personally believe things and facts do not add up and there is something not right. There was obviously something to cover up. Or she would not have been embalmed, tunnel would not have been opened so soon, camera footage would all be there rather than some missing here and there, and we would not be asking questions 10 years later. But lets look at the facts. Charles HAS married camilla and now we seem to accept her like she was not in anyway an adultress, and one day she will sit on the throne of england as our queen. Would that have ever happened if Diana was still alive? Funny how things work out isnt it.
__________________
  #177  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:31 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Here we go again ... . I think we've made many speculations and for what ?! "If she had done this or that" ... with "if" you can change History. And why does Camilla need to be named here ?! From what I know, she isn't a member of the MI6 ( or maybe she was send by James Bond ... yeah, right ). I'm sorry to say but there's nobody to blame here, and certainly not Camilla or Charles. Since when an adultery leads to death ?
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #178  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 6
have just read the point about the doctor and dodi...Hasnat Khan knew a relationship with Diana would bring disaster and so he ended it (im sure he valued his life and nobody would protect him), but dodi was different. His fathers empire and money would be a wall around them and affer diana the security she needs (money, toys, homes,yachts, treated like she is used to) etc. And it was Moh'd al fayeds ambitions that pushed his son. He even bought the chateau in France that belonged to Mrs.simpson and Edward for his son and diana to live in, and in a way he was counting his chickens before they were hatched. You may think religion doesnt matter because Hasnat khan was muslim, but remember he ended it because he probably feared for his life and he has been silent since. Here it proves eductation to be valuable. he is a surgeon and was smart enough to know when to get out. Dont forget with the Fayeds, Mohammed -owner of Harrods, and pays God knows how much in tax- doesnt even have a British passport. Even the nobodys who have only been in uk for 5 or 6 years (and live off the government as they dont want to work)have passports. If after DECADES of being one of the richest businessmen in england, and well known to the royal family, they didnt give him a passport (one has to ask 'why didnt they'?) - DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM THE FUTURE KINGS MOTHER AS HIS DAUGHTER IN LAW?!!!! I rest my case.
__________________
  #179  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Sorry, but that's just too much speculation. This is quite like the "Bush did it 9/11" speculation. There would be just TOO many witnesses, TOO many bodies and SOMEBODY would talk.
I don't buy. But then again, that's just me.
__________________
  #180  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: paris, France
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Here we go again ... . I think we've made many speculations and for what ?! "If she had done this or that" ... with "if" you can change History. And why does Camilla need to be named here ?! From what I know, she isn't a member of the MI6 ( or maybe she was send by James Bond ... yeah, right ). I'm sorry to say but there's nobody to blame here, and certainly not Camilla or Charles. Since when an adultery leads to death ?

I am not a diana fan. I am a University lecturer. An eductated person who asks questions. Who sees things from all angles and i can say as a historian and as a person living in the west, i am not going to be spoonfed this story of a rather suspicious death being just an 'accident' and then have to act blind, deaf and dumb to all that is happening in this country. Why did we go into Iraq again after more than a million people demonstrated against it. where is the democracy in that? - just an example of the many).
Personally i believe that we all know what the verdict is going to be.It will be what they want it to be. Simple as that. And you ask the question 'since when has adultary led to death?' Look back in history, and see. One famous example is Henry viii even changed the religion of his country to suit his ways.beheaded his women.
I am not asking you to believe me - but i am just saying ask questions. We still have that right . The Royal families of Europe have conquered and taken by 'divide and conquer' rule of thumb. They murdered eachother, conspiricies and mysteries over the centuries have still not been solved and this has always been their way. Politics, money, power and human nature. The kind of humans with alot of power. not you and me. Its a whole differnt ball game. If Diana was a threat to them getting rid of her would be seen as a great benefit to the throne in the long run. And Camilla is the one who is laughing all the way to the throne. She waited a long time, and with Diana out of the way -she had the wedding she wanted. {personal insult deleted - Elspeth}
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Verdict of the Diana Inquest, April 2008, and aftermath wbenson Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 325 05-31-2012 07:33 PM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales, News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008 Warren Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 237 06-15-2008 06:18 AM
Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 6: April - October 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 212 10-07-2007 02:26 AM
The Late Princess Diana news thread 5: April - June 2007 sirhon11234 Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 210 06-06-2007 02:03 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]