The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1601  
Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
while i do believe that Mr. Al Fayed has dragged this well past the "best before date"...i've also considered this: if it was your child, wouldn't you do EVERYYTHING in your power to convict the person you felt was responsible for the death of your child? now i'm not saying that i agree with him but if you felt, to the very core of your being, that someone had been involved or directly responsible for the death of your child, you would do the same thing. i know i would. even though we all feel he's wrong, he's still doing what a lot of parents would do.
__________________

__________________
Duchess
  #1602  
Old 04-06-2008, 09:29 AM
LadyCat's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WM, United States
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
while i do believe that Mr. Al Fayed has dragged this well past the "best before date"...i've also considered this: if it was your child, wouldn't you do EVERYYTHING in your power to convict the person you felt was responsible for the death of your child? now i'm not saying that i agree with him but if you felt, to the very core of your being, that someone had been involved or directly responsible for the death of your child, you would do the same thing. i know i would. even though we all feel he's wrong, he's still doing what a lot of parents would do.
Yes I would! However, I think initially it was a way for him to divert attention from the fact that they died on his watch. After all these years of spouting the same stuff he may have convinced himself of its truth but I truly believe in the beginning it was a diversion from his own culpability that eventually took on a life of its own.

Cat
__________________

__________________
  #1603  
Old 04-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
yes i certainly understand your point. we also need to remember that dodi and diana are also responsible. he had no experience dealing with the media and she had the good common sense to wear a seatbelt but chose not to.
__________________
Duchess
  #1604  
Old 04-06-2008, 04:40 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
I can so see Mr. Fayed changing his story again and he has so many times in court. He won't stop,nor will the conspiracy theorists I'm afraid. But I feel this inquest was well done, you can tell this is no cover up and for me I feel this should mark the end of the Diana saga but unfortunately it won't.
__________________
  #1605  
Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
if it was your child, wouldn't you do EVERYYTHING in your power to convict the person you felt was responsible for the death of your child? now i'm not saying that i agree with him but if you felt, to the very core of your being, that someone had been involved or directly responsible for the death of your child, you would do the same thing. i know i would. even though we all feel he's wrong, he's still doing what a lot of parents would do.
I think the majority of parents would look at the majority of facts and try to come to terms with the loss, rather than see innocent parties blamed and their names tainted.

IMO, because he was trying to use his son to further his own ambitions, three people lost their lives, (something he could not have forseen) and that is why he needs to put the blame elsewhere, if he accepts that it was his machinations that at least indirectly caused the accident, well, that would be unbearable.
__________________
  #1606  
Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Polly's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mebourne, Australia
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
IMO, because he was trying to use his son to further his own ambitions, three people lost their lives, (something he could not have forseen) and that is why he needs to put the blame elsewhere, if he accepts that it was his machinations that at least indirectly caused the accident, well, that would be unbearable.
This is merely what you think.

What evidence do you have to support your contention that these unfortunate and tragic deaths, which have occasioned such turmoil, were the fault of Fayed's ambition? You do say that 'he cost three people their lives...'.

Has the Inquest jury announced its verdict already?

As well, if you've never lost a child, I doubt that you'd have even the remotest conception, whatsoever, of what a grieving parent might or might not do.
__________________
  #1607  
Old 04-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
This is merely what you think.
As I clearly stated
Quote:
What evidence do you have to support your contention that these unfortunate and tragic deaths, which have occasioned such turmoil, were the fault of Fayed's ambition? You do say that 'he cost three people their lives...'.

Has the Inquest jury announced its verdict already? As well, if you've never lost a child, I doubt that you'd have even the remotest conception, whatsoever, of what a grieving parent might or might not do
If you look at the beginning of my post, it clearly says - I think - short of putting IMO after every sentence, I can't really see how anyone could read that it was the opinion of the jury, when that verdict is announced, it really will be breaking news with the headlines to back it up!.

As you might have seen from past posts, I can unfortunately claim the distinction of knowing about it, so I don't need to worry about a remote conception!
__________________
  #1608  
Old 04-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Polly's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mebourne, Australia
Posts: 653
With all due respect, your post said 'I think' when alluding to the death of a child. I can respect and understand that.

Nonetheless, you offered no qualification at all towards your bald statement that Fayed 'cost three people their lives'.

In the absence of a jury's verdict, I question the propriety of such an assertion.
__________________
  #1609  
Old 04-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Has the Inquest jury announced its verdict already?

As well, if you've never lost a child, I doubt that you'd have even the remotest conception, whatsoever, of what a grieving parent might or might not do.
Since when do we need to follow a jury's verdict when the info is out in the open and we base our opinion on it?

And even though I haven't yet lost my child and hope I'll never will, I still can have the opinion that what Fayed does is not okay - him being a grieving parent or not. It's not that grieving people don't have rules to follow and it's not that anybody has to accord grieving parents a kind of fool's freedom or jester's license. It's a fact that a quite convincing evidence at the inquest points at the fact that Henri Paul was employed by the Ritz, had a couple of drinks at the Ritz and then he went out driving a car and getting into an accident that killed him and two of the passengers.

In addition we learned quite a bit about how the structures of command were at the Ritz during that fateful night, so saying that Fayed's ambition cost three people their life is nothing unfounded, an interpretation, an opinion, of course, but based on evidence presented during the inquest.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1610  
Old 04-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Nonetheless, you offered no qualification at all towards your bald statement that Fayed 'cost three people their lives'.

In the absence of a jury's verdict, I question the propriety of such an assertion.
Many people who have posted their 'verdict' on the thread have done so based on their own opinions and without the benefit of any 'I think' or 'IMO' in their posts, however.....

Fayed was and is well known throughout the UK for his desire to be part of the UK aristocracy, his quest for a British passport is, IMO, well documented. His apparent 'need' to be seen as part of the British establishment is also, IMO, well documented in previous links posted on this thread and also, in many news programmes and articles.

The suggestion from his own staff that Dodi was answering to his father with regards to security on the night in question and the speed with which Fayed was willing to blacken Diana's name with his claim she was pregnant to his son after a short courtship, IMO, backs up my claim.

If Fayed had been more concerned with the safety of Dodi and Diana, he would, IMO, have been heard insisting they stay at the hotel, rather than chance the pursuit that was bound to happen, bearing in mind the gathering of photographers outside the hotel.

I believe that he was encouraging Dodi in his relationship with Diana, not from love of his son or admiration of Diana, but as a way into the society, he IMO, desperately wanted to be part of. Had he been less concerned with the, to him, positive publicity Diana was generating for him and more concerned about their safety and privacy, the accident might not have happened. His lack of care, in not providing better security alone would make him responsible. ALL IMO
__________________
  #1611  
Old 04-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
And even though I haven't yet lost my child and hope I'll never will, I still can have the opinion that what Fayed does is not okay - him being a grieving parent or not. It's not that grieving people don't have rules to follow and it's not that anybody has to accord grieving parents a kind of fool's freedom or jester's license.
I also hope you never will! Everybody grieves in a different way, and yes I would imagine everyone who has lost someone wants the guilty party brought to justice. I say imagine because nobody can know the individual hell that another goes through with the death of a loved one, especially a child. That is the difference between some people, like Fayed and others. In the heat of the moment and the following weeks even months, it is easy to blame one person or another, but to keep up the foundless accusations 10 years on.... even his rant outside the court, where he accused the BBC reporter of working for MI5/6, shows he has very little hold on reality.
__________________
  #1612  
Old 04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
The thread is now closed. A new one was created on the verdict of the Inquest. All the posts about it have been moved to the following thread :

The Verdict of the Diana Inquest

TheTruth
Diana, Princess of Wales Sub-forum moderator.
__________________

__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Verdict of the Diana Inquest, April 2008, and aftermath wbenson Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 325 05-31-2012 07:33 PM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales, News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008 Warren Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 237 06-15-2008 06:18 AM
Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 6: April - October 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 212 10-07-2007 02:26 AM
The Late Princess Diana news thread 5: April - June 2007 sirhon11234 Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 210 06-06-2007 02:03 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]