The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1401  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:21 AM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
And thats what the media want you to think. They want you to think that she was done in. Why? Cos you'll buy every single newspaper and magazine, you'll visit every website and news site that carries a trace of "the truth". Don't get sucked into the media con like Diana did hunnie. The media know that Diana was loved universally, her image sold in life and it'll sell in death. They don't care about justice. If they did, they'd be filling the front pages with Benazir Bhutto right now. They're not, they don't care. If you want to think about Diana's death, think about it as the tragic loss of a young woman who could have found happiness and take inspiration from it to live every day as if it were your last. End of sermon.
__________________

__________________
  #1402  
Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
And The media know that Diana was loved universally, her image sold in life and it'll sell in death. They don't care about justice. If they did, they'd be filling the front pages with Benazir Bhutto right now. They're not, they don't care.
You are so right BeatrixFan. The media have been on a gravy train for ten years, and they are not about to let a little detail like the truth get in the way of their reason for being. Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrixfan
If you want to think about Diana's death, think about it as the tragic loss of a young woman who could have found happiness and take inspiration from it to live every day as if it were your last. End of sermon.
And a big Amen to that.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1403  
Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 70
I agree it was a tragic accident. Unfortunately, while Mo Al-Fayed has a breath in his body, this will never go away and Diana will only be allowed to rest in peace when Al Fayed dies. My guess is that he will go berserk once again after the recent inquiry reaches its final conclusion and the paranoid rantings will escalate.
__________________
  #1404  
Old 03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Paul Burrell, the former butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, has refused to return to her inquest to explain whether he lied while giving evidence.

Princess Diana Inquest: Former Butler Paul Burrell Will Not Return To Inquest |Sky News|UK News

__________________
The problem with trying to make yourself seem important Paul, is that sometimes you get called to account. What an absolute fairy!
__________________
  #1405  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
And thats what the media want you to think. They want you to think that she was done in. Why? Cos you'll buy every single newspaper and magazine, you'll visit every website and news site that carries a trace of "the truth". Don't get sucked into the media con like Diana did hunnie. The media know that Diana was loved universally, her image sold in life and it'll sell in death. They don't care about justice. If they did, they'd be filling the front pages with Benazir Bhutto right now. They're not, they don't care. If you want to think about Diana's death, think about it as the tragic loss of a young woman who could have found happiness and take inspiration from it to live every day as if it were your last. End of sermon.
Wonderful post!
__________________
  #1406  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Picmajik's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 161
Yes but some people won't give it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Allow me.

Puzzle piece 1 - the driver was drunk.
Puzzle piece 2 - the car crashed.
Puzzle piece 3 - Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
Puzzle piece 4 - Diana died.

It's that simple.
Bless you BeatrixFan, you always make my day.
This is what it all boils down to, a tragic series of misjudgments and events. If anyone had been able to plan or set this up it would have been a miracle.
Sad but true. I don't like that anyone died in such an unbecoming manner but still was preventable.
__________________
  #1407  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,190
Don't get me wrong; I believe that the crash in Paris was an avoidable accident. That's what's so tragic about it. There were a number of misjudgments and negligences that caused it to happen. My point was that when a person dies suddenly, you can't go back and ask them why they took a certain course of action about something. I didn't mean to imply that I think that there were shadowy forces about that night in Paris.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Allow me.

Puzzle piece 1 - the driver was drunk.
Puzzle piece 2 - the car crashed.
Puzzle piece 3 - Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
Puzzle piece 4 - Diana died.

It's that simple.
__________________
  #1408  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:35 AM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Paul Burrell, the former butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, has refused to return to her inquest to explain whether he lied while giving evidence.

Princess Diana Inquest: Former Butler Paul Burrell Will Not Return To Inquest |Sky News|UK News

__________________
The problem with trying to make yourself seem important Paul, is that sometimes you get called to account. What an absolute fairy!
Good grief. Maybe he will finally stop talking. Of course we could not be so lucky.
__________________
  #1409  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,190
I think that this man will have a sad end. He'll be an old man without any credibility and perhaps few real friends, spinning his stories about Royal service to his caregivers in some nursing home. His life could have been so different had he just done his job and left it at that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Good grief. Maybe he will finally stop talking. Of course we could not be so lucky.
__________________
  #1410  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
And thats what the media want you to think. They want you to think that she was done in. Why? Cos you'll buy every single newspaper and magazine, you'll visit every website and news site that carries a trace of "the truth". Don't get sucked into the media con like Diana did hunnie. The media know that Diana was loved universally, her image sold in life and it'll sell in death. They don't care about justice. If they did, they'd be filling the front pages with Benazir Bhutto right now. They're not, they don't care. If you want to think about Diana's death, think about it as the tragic loss of a young woman who could have found happiness and take inspiration from it to live every day as if it were your last. End of sermon.
Yes you are completely right, about the media. They have been doing this for 10 years and I don't see them stopping anytime soon.
__________________
  #1411  
Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that this man will have a sad end. He'll be an old man without any credibility and perhaps few real friends, spinning his stories about Royal service to his caregivers in some nursing home. His life could have been so different had he just done his job and left it at that.
Will he though? There are quite a few who hang on his every word and believe that he 'did his duty' and covered things up. Poor Diana if she ever believed that he was someone to rely on in any capacity other than that of a butler.
__________________
  #1412  
Old 03-06-2008, 02:19 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
BBC NEWS | UK | Burrell refuses return to inquest

Does anyone hear the sound of extradition?
__________________
  #1413  
Old 03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
BBC NEWS | UK | Burrell refuses return to inquest

Does anyone hear the sound of extradition?
Unfortunately, the coroner has no powers to force someone to give evidence and no powers to have someone arrested. Unless the police investigate, find just cause to issue an arrest warrant, no application for extradition can be applied for. Damn, damn, damn!
__________________
  #1414  
Old 03-06-2008, 06:19 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Is there no justice in the world. I sincerely hope I never meet Burrell 'cos it'd be so worth the assault charge.
__________________
  #1415  
Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Is there no justice in the world. I sincerely hope I never meet Burrell 'cos it'd be so worth the assault charge.
No it wouldn't. Well.....maybe!

Silly man has done himself a mighty disservice. I used to think he was worth listening to because of his inside knowledge, but now I can't believe a word he says, so I have no interest in him. Except to hope he suffers financial ruin. Yes, I have a dark side!
__________________
  #1416  
Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
No it wouldn't. Well.....maybe!

Silly man has done himself a mighty disservice. I used to think he was worth listening to because of his inside knowledge, but now I can't believe a word he says, so I have no interest in him. Except to hope he suffers financial ruin. Yes, I have a dark side!
Blimey...
__________________
  #1417  
Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 70
I believe that Paul Burrell was not being truthful when he said that he was "naughty" and threw in "red herrings" at the inquiry. He is very full of himself. He thinks that he must have a bit of mystery and convincing others that he still holds Diana's secrets keeps him interesting. He is all smoke and mirrors. Diana's confidence in him was misplaced.
__________________
  #1418  
Old 03-06-2008, 10:44 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by judith14011 View Post
Diana's confidence in him was misplaced.
I think Paul Burrell gave Diana all the attention and assurances that she could have asked for and I think that was all she wanted in a friend. I don't think she was the type of person to question someone devoted to her and ask if he was neglecting his family instead; which he was. If she got the assurances and the undivided attention from him that she felt she needed, I think she was satisfied and didn't look further into the quality of the person that she made her friend.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #1419  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa, United States
Posts: 70


Paul Burrell responds to the negative youtube postings on himself as "Dianasrock." Pathetic. Go to youtube and type in either Paul Burrell or "Dianasrock." You can see his responses. It seems no one has a kind word for him at all - some replies are even quite obscene.
__________________
  #1420  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 PM
PadThaiPrincess's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Raleigh, United States
Posts: 114
Wow, some of those Youtubers are out for blood.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Verdict of the Diana Inquest, April 2008, and aftermath wbenson Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 325 05-31-2012 07:33 PM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales, News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008 Warren Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 237 06-15-2008 06:18 AM
Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 6: April - October 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 212 10-07-2007 02:26 AM
The Late Princess Diana news thread 5: April - June 2007 sirhon11234 Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 210 06-06-2007 02:03 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]