The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 01:21 AM

And thats what the media want you to think. They want you to think that she was done in. Why? Cos you'll buy every single newspaper and magazine, you'll visit every website and news site that carries a trace of "the truth". Don't get sucked into the media con like Diana did hunnie. The media know that Diana was loved universally, her image sold in life and it'll sell in death. They don't care about justice. If they did, they'd be filling the front pages with Benazir Bhutto right now. They're not, they don't care. If you want to think about Diana's death, think about it as the tragic loss of a young woman who could have found happiness and take inspiration from it to live every day as if it were your last. End of sermon.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
And The media know that Diana was loved universally, her image sold in life and it'll sell in death. They don't care about justice. If they did, they'd be filling the front pages with Benazir Bhutto right now. They're not, they don't care.
You are so right BeatrixFan. The media have been on a gravy train for ten years, and they are not about to let a little detail like the truth get in the way of their reason for being. Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrixfan
If you want to think about Diana's death, think about it as the tragic loss of a young woman who could have found happiness and take inspiration from it to live every day as if it were your last. End of sermon.
And a big Amen to that.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Gentry

I agree it was a tragic accident. Unfortunately, while Mo Al-Fayed has a breath in his body, this will never go away and Diana will only be allowed to rest in peace when Al Fayed dies. My guess is that he will go berserk once again after the recent inquiry reaches its final conclusion and the paranoid rantings will escalate.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Paul Burrell, the former butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, has refused to return to her inquest to explain whether he lied while giving evidence.

Princess Diana Inquest: Former Butler Paul Burrell Will Not Return To Inquest |Sky News|UK News

Old 03-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
And thats what the media want you to think. They want you to think that she was done in. Why? Cos you'll buy every single newspaper and magazine, you'll visit every website and news site that carries a trace of "the truth". Don't get sucked into the media con like Diana did hunnie. The media know that Diana was loved universally, her image sold in life and it'll sell in death. They don't care about justice. If they did, they'd be filling the front pages with Benazir Bhutto right now. They're not, they don't care. If you want to think about Diana's death, think about it as the tragic loss of a young woman who could have found happiness and take inspiration from it to live every day as if it were your last. End of sermon.
Wonderful post!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

Yes but some people won't give it up

Quote:
Allow me.

Puzzle piece 1 - the driver was drunk.
Puzzle piece 2 - the car crashed.
Puzzle piece 3 - Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
Puzzle piece 4 - Diana died.

It's that simple.
Bless you BeatrixFan, you always make my day.
This is what it all boils down to, a tragic series of misjudgments and events. If anyone had been able to plan or set this up it would have been a miracle.
Sad but true. I don't like that anyone died in such an unbecoming manner but still was preventable.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Don't get me wrong; I believe that the crash in Paris was an avoidable accident. That's what's so tragic about it. There were a number of misjudgments and negligences that caused it to happen. My point was that when a person dies suddenly, you can't go back and ask them why they took a certain course of action about something. I didn't mean to imply that I think that there were shadowy forces about that night in Paris.

Quote:
Allow me.

Puzzle piece 1 - the driver was drunk.
Puzzle piece 2 - the car crashed.
Puzzle piece 3 - Diana wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
Puzzle piece 4 - Diana died.

It's that simple.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Paul Burrell, the former butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, has refused to return to her inquest to explain whether he lied while giving evidence.

Princess Diana Inquest: Former Butler Paul Burrell Will Not Return To Inquest |Sky News|UK News

Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that this man will have a sad end. He'll be an old man without any credibility and perhaps few real friends, spinning his stories about Royal service to his caregivers in some nursing home. His life could have been so different had he just done his job and left it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Good grief. Maybe he will finally stop talking. Of course we could not be so lucky.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes you are completely right, about the media. They have been doing this for 10 years and I don't see them stopping anytime soon.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that this man will have a sad end. He'll be an old man without any credibility and perhaps few real friends, spinning his stories about Royal service to his caregivers in some nursing home. His life could have been so different had he just done his job and left it at that.
Will he though? There are quite a few who hang on his every word and believe that he 'did his duty' and covered things up. Poor Diana if she ever believed that he was someone to rely on in any capacity other than that of a butler.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:19 PM

BBC NEWS | UK | Burrell refuses return to inquest

Does anyone hear the sound of extradition?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
BBC NEWS | UK | Burrell refuses return to inquest

Does anyone hear the sound of extradition?
Unfortunately, the coroner has no powers to force someone to give evidence and no powers to have someone arrested. Unless the police investigate, find just cause to issue an arrest warrant, no application for extradition can be applied for. Damn, damn, damn!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:19 PM

Is there no justice in the world. I sincerely hope I never meet Burrell 'cos it'd be so worth the assault charge.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Is there no justice in the world. I sincerely hope I never meet Burrell 'cos it'd be so worth the assault charge.
No it wouldn't. Well.....maybe!

Silly man has done himself a mighty disservice. I used to think he was worth listening to because of his inside knowledge, but now I can't believe a word he says, so I have no interest in him. Except to hope he suffers financial ruin. Yes, I have a dark side!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
No it wouldn't. Well.....maybe!

Silly man has done himself a mighty disservice. I used to think he was worth listening to because of his inside knowledge, but now I can't believe a word he says, so I have no interest in him. Except to hope he suffers financial ruin. Yes, I have a dark side!
Blimey...
Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Gentry

I believe that Paul Burrell was not being truthful when he said that he was "naughty" and threw in "red herrings" at the inquiry. He is very full of himself. He thinks that he must have a bit of mystery and convincing others that he still holds Diana's secrets keeps him interesting. He is all smoke and mirrors. Diana's confidence in him was misplaced.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by judith14011 View Post
Diana's confidence in him was misplaced.
I think Paul Burrell gave Diana all the attention and assurances that she could have asked for and I think that was all she wanted in a friend. I don't think she was the type of person to question someone devoted to her and ask if he was neglecting his family instead; which he was. If she got the assurances and the undivided attention from him that she felt she needed, I think she was satisfied and didn't look further into the quality of the person that she made her friend.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Gentry

Paul Burrell responds to the negative youtube postings on himself as "Dianasrock." Pathetic. Go to youtube and type in either Paul Burrell or "Dianasrock." You can see his responses. It seems no one has a kind word for him at all - some replies are even quite obscene.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Aristocracy

Wow, some of those Youtubers are out for blood.

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana