The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Nobility

I question the safety of the architecture inside tunnels, perhaps such design is unforgiving for speeding cars

Old 10-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
Diana's last moments in dramatic pictures you've never seen before

Diana's last moments in dramatic pictures you've never seen before | the Daily Mail

According to these pictures, Diana wasn't in good spirits at all... Something must have turn it from good (picture in the elevator) to bad. I doubt this change was caused by the paparazzi since she has been used to it everyday.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 10-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Diana and Prince Philip: the truth

Diana and Prince Philip: the truth - Telegraph

I'd rather not … Prince Philip keen to avoid Diana inquest
The Duke of Edinburgh feels he has nothing to contribute to the inquest into the death of a princess, Andrew Alderson writes.
I'd rather not … Prince Philip keen to avoid Diana inquest - World
Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very interesting articles IMO no one should believe anything Simone Simmons has to say Diana wasn't even talking to her at the time of her death.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

I am sure that this has been spoken of before here, but I just ran across photos of Diana in the wrecked car and I presume hospital? I cannot believe it, she has living sons that could see these.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 AM
Royal Highness

Diana´s dead, get over it

Diana’s dead, get over it | Rachel Johnson - Times Online
Old 10-15-2007, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
From the article -
Quote:

"But otherwise, it’s left me cold. And everyone else I know. Ten years after she died, we are all bored and irritated by the fact that the insatiable grief and limitless funds of one bereaved father can hold a whole country to ransom like this". - There is another sad sign that Diana-fatigue, despite the best efforts of newspapers such as the Daily Express, whose older female readers love Diana as their own, is growing.

"Hate to say it, but when it comes to a living, breathing, publicity-hungry celebrity and an icon that has been in the grave 10 long years, there’s a genuine competition for our attention in these shallow times. And as for all those born after July 29, 1981 – well, I doubt they’ve given poor Princess Diana a second thought".
I couldn't have put it better myself!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Commoner

I think the corgis did it!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Nobility

I agree that is is painful and upsetting to continuously go over the death of Princess Diana. Her family was given information by the French officials and physicians and they seemed to be satisfied at that. The Spencers are only at the inquest,imo, to represent the estate of the late Princess.

However, she died with 2 other people who derserve at the bare minimum, an inquest at the behest of the request of Mr. Al-Fayed. I am sure the family of Henri Paul are eager to know as much as they can about their loss.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana inquest hears of dark car, flash in death tunnel - Yahoo! News UK

Because it matters...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Thora View Post
I think the corgis did it!
Makes as much sense as most of the theories I've heard.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

A third car in that tunnell, this will add more to the conspiracy theories.

Diana jury told of 'white flash'
BBC NEWS | UK | Diana jury told of 'white flash'
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Nobility

Why did it take so long for this info to get out? Wonder if Prince Phillip was in the other black car?? Seriously, it sounds like a photographer.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
However, she died with 2 other people who derserve at the bare minimum, an inquest at the behest of the request of Mr. Al-Fayed. I am sure the family of Henri Paul are eager to know as much as they can about their loss.
If I wanted two investigations and an inquest or two into the death of someone who died in a road traffic accident, through drink driving, do you really believe I would be able to demand one? Of course not, I just wish they would send Fayed the bill!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Why did it take so long for this info to get out? Wonder if Prince Phillip was in the other black car?? Seriously, it sounds like a photographer.
This information and claims about the white Fiat, etc. has always been 'out', Lighthouse, or at least I've seen it on one of the many spurious tv programs about 'the conspiracy'.

The one thing which has always genuinely puzzled me is the condition of the Mercedes-Benz. It was a thoroughly and completely mangled mess, and they're built like tanks! And why didn't the airbags work? Were the seatbelts indeed jammed and not working after the theft as some conspiracy theorists have claimed?

Why have M-B's engineers been absolutely refused permission to examine the car? I don't understand this at all. Surely, it would have been to everyone's advantage if they could conclusively assure the world that the car hadn't been interfered with in any way when it was stolen.

As for the inquest - I, too, wish that it were over and regret that it needed to be held. I don't believe, for one minute, either, that Prince Phillip was in any way involved.

I understand that, according to law, this inquest was compulsory, hence Fayed is in no way responsible for the cost. It's just a great pity that it's taken so very long to get underway, properly. The strain placed on the family must be very great.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Why have M-B's engineers been absolutely refused permission to examine the car? I don't understand this at all. Surely, it would have been to everyone's advantage if they could conclusively assure the world that the car hadn't been interfered with in any way when it was stolen.
According to ther Paget report (chapter 6, pages 419-426) the car was examined by David Price, Principal Consultant with the Incident Investigation & Reconstruction Group at the Transport Research Laboratory.
He "consulted with technical representative of Daimler-Benz (Mercedes)".
Only the right rear seat belt was jammed, and the report concludes that the mechanism was displaced after the collision.
The summary concludes with "There was no evidence of tampering or interference with the vehicle" [which was stolen in April 1997].
There is no mention of the air bags in this chapter of the report other than the statement that they were examined.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

How valuable was jurors' trip to tunnel where Diana crashed?

How valuable was jurors' trip to tunnel where Diana crashed? -- baltimoresun.com
Old 10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
And why didn't the airbags work?
The airbags did work, from the first witness on the scene's testimony at the inquest.

Quote:
"I saw the two air bags that were open, the driver unfortunately had his head inside and it wasn't moving.
The report on his testimony from the Daily Mail

The horror scene where I found Diana dying, by the first man at the Paris crash | the Daily Mail
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

The problem with airbags is that they're only good for one collision. Apparently in this case the car hit the pillar and the airbags deployed, but the car then bounced off the pillar and hit the wall, and the airbags had already been deployed when it first hit the pillar so there was no protection for the second collision. And ten years ago I don't think they were fitting cars with all these other airbags at the sides which they use now, so the people in the back wouldn't have had any protection.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana witness describes crash scene - Yahoo! News UK

I'm speechless, why does this come out only know ?

Because it matters...
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana