The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1301  
Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 PM
pinkie40's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
I say Paul was drunk on some if his own "Butler's Special" tipple when he was ranting about "red herrings"!!! He discredits himself then and there!
__________________

  #1302  
Old 02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
I say Paul was drunk on some if his own "Butler's Special" tipple when he was ranting about "red herrings"!!! He discredits himself then and there!
Burrell reminds me alot of Hewitt. Seriously, they both made some profit of their position in Diana's life and they both look silly, talking and answering about controversial issues. They are really thick and persevere in speaking their truth although, it's rare that it corresponds to what they had said 2 months earlier ...

Perhaps I'm the only one to see this similiarity but for me, they are so the same.
__________________

__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1303  
Old 02-27-2008, 06:16 PM
pinkie40's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
Can we add Simone Simmons to the group? Granted, all these people had the "inside scoop" and shared unique experiences with the princess but there should be a one book minimum on Diana, imo.
  #1304  
Old 02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Can we add Simone Simmons to the group? Granted, all these people had the "inside scoop" and shared unique experiences with the princess but there should be a one book minimum on Diana, imo.
Definitely. I think she's the worst of the bunch. She really went too far when claiming that Diana had slept with John-John .
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1305  
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winter Park, United States
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Burrell reminds me alot of Hewitt. Seriously, they both made some profit of their position in Diana's life and they both look silly, talking and answering about controversial issues. They are really thick and persevere in speaking their truth although, it's rare that it corresponds to what they had said 2 months earlier ...

Perhaps I'm the only one to see this similiarity but for me, they are so the same.

I completely agree with you. One is no better than the other. That's what really makes me feel so sorry for the late Princess - so many were willing to sell her out for a buck.

Seeing Burrell's Youtube promo cracks me up. He was a Butler for goodness sake!
  #1306  
Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 PM
PadThaiPrincess's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Raleigh, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicgrl View Post
I completely agree with you. One is no better than the other. That's what really makes me feel so sorry for the late Princess - so many were willing to sell her out for a buck.

Seeing Burrell's Youtube promo cracks me up. He was a Butler for goodness sake!
Money changes things, doesn't it? I just wonder what Princess Diana would think of her "rock" now.
  #1307  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:12 AM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by PadThaiPrincess View Post
Money changes things, doesn't it? I just wonder what Princess Diana would think of her "rock" now.
She would probably throw him in the middle of a lake.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1308  
Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
pinkie40's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest here, but if they can keep Prince Harry's whereabouts secret for 10 weeks or so in this day and age, I wonder what was kept a royal secret in the days before we all had the internet in 1997....

I'm just sayin'........
  #1309  
Old 02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest here, but if they can keep Prince Harry's whereabouts secret for 10 weeks or so in this day and age, I wonder what was kept a royal secret in the days before we all had the internet in 1997....

I'm just sayin'........
It wasn't kept secret from the media, they agreed to keep it quiet in exchange for photo and interview opportunities, that they agreed would NOT be published until after his return!
  #1310  
Old 02-28-2008, 03:26 PM
pinkie40's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
Perhaps a similar such agreement has been made with the French and the paparazzi regarding Diana and thus no cooperation with testimony in the inquest. Since most of the photos from in the tunnel were confiscated....

Some sort of "Getlemen's Agreement".....
  #1311  
Old 02-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Perhaps a similar such agreement has been made with the French and the paparazzi regarding Diana and thus no cooperation with testimony in the inquest. Since most of the photos from in the tunnel were confiscated....

Some sort of "Getlemen's Agreement".....
I think we have seen that most journalist are unable to keep a secret that could cause dozens of deaths now, do you really think every single one of them would have been able to say no to a scoop of that magnitude?
  #1312  
Old 02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
pinkie40's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
No, but I do think (in my conspiracy theory mindset) perhaps James Andeson's agency failed to "comply"...Some of the others like Arthur Edwards knew the magnitude and severity of the photos they were receiving electronically from Paris that they were almost immediately destroyed....

I also believe (again in my conspiracy theory mindset) the accident could have been "assisted" by a media outlet to "create" news, only to have the whole thing result in a mindblowing tragedy...
  #1313  
Old 02-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
No, but I do think (in my conspiracy theory mindset) perhaps James Andeson's agency failed to "comply"...Some of the others like Arthur Edwards knew the magnitude and severity of the photos they were receiving electronically from Paris that they were almost immediately destroyed....

I also believe (again in my conspiracy theory mindset) the accident could have been "assisted" by a media outlet to "create" news, only to have the whole thing result in a mindblowing tragedy...
If Diana had not died, make no mistake, the authors have said they would have used the pictures, if she had hung on for a day or two, again they would have been used. Arthur Edwards was merely a photographer and would not have been involved, IMO, in any decision regarding the publication of the 'death photo's'. The moment it was announced that she was dead and that she had been hounded by photographers, the only safe thing for the editors to do, was to shred them, although I am reasonable sure that hard copies still exist in newspaper vaults. Your theory of an accident to create news is, to me, a bit wacky. Nobody can tell how much damage a car accident will do to the driver or passengers and an awful lot of people would have had to be involved! Again, at some point, one of those involved would need some extra cash and leak the story.
  #1314  
Old 02-28-2008, 04:29 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
If Diana had not died, make no mistake, the authors have said they would have used the pictures, if she had hung on for a day or two, again they would have been used. Arthur Edwards was merely a photographer and would not have been involved, IMO, in any decision regarding the publication of the 'death photo's'. The moment it was announced that she was dead and that she had been hounded by photographers, the only safe thing for the editors to do, was to shred them, although I am reasonable sure that hard copies still exist in newspaper vaults. Your theory of an accident to create news is, to me, a bit wacky. Nobody can tell how much damage a car accident will do to the driver or passengers and an awful lot of people would have had to be involved! Again, at some point, one of those involved would need some extra cash and leak the story.
Oh yes, they were ready to publish them. Ken Lennox was one of the first who bought the pictures and received them via internet. He was very hesitant to delete them when he learnt that she had died and I still think he kept them somewhere. But imagine if she had survived ; she would be so sick to see that paparazzi sold pictures of her and her dead boyfriend and made them publish in the papers. What a disgusting world the gutter press ...
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1315  
Old 02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,007
My amateur opinion is that he has some sort of pathological need to impress people by how close he was to the Princess and how much he knows. Perhaps he's beyond the point of being able to stop himself. He seems to have a compulsion to discuss his life with the Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I wonder why he didn't have the sense to keep his trap shut about misleading the coroner until after the end of the inquest.
  #1316  
Old 02-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Blackpool, United Kingdom
Posts: 87
To see that this thread has reached 66 pages shows the obsession which is still attatched to Diana. I find it all a complete waste of time...(I do believe that she was murdered because she was such a dangerous woman, but that her murder was nothing to do with any member of the Royal Family.) I have a lot of sympathy with what al Fayhed says, because he must be heart broken over the loss of his son, and the realisation that he will now be forever an outcast of the British establishment.
Diana was a person in love with herself I think, and to spend all this time and money on an inquest which will never change the minds of any of us, no matter what we think, is such a waste of time and money.
  #1317  
Old 02-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by normalil View Post
to spend all this time and money on an inquest which will never change the minds of any of us, no matter what we think, is such a waste of time and money.
Hm, okay, it didn't change my mind but what about yours?
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1318  
Old 02-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Phone lines were tampered with at a house where Prince Charles is believed to have had secret liaisons with Camilla Parker Bowles while still married to Diana, it was revealed yesterday.

Charles and Camilla's lovenest was bugged, Diana inquest told| News | This is London
  #1319  
Old 02-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Phone lines were tampered with at a house where Prince Charles is believed to have had secret liaisons with Camilla Parker Bowles while still married to Diana, it was revealed yesterday.

Charles and Camilla's lovenest was bugged, Diana inquest told| News | This is London
From this article:

Lord Fellowes, who was then the Queen's private secretary, told the gathering in April 1993: "Evidence had been found that the fixed telephone lines had been tampered with.
"It was almost certain that this was the location where the Prince of Wales had been staying on the night of the alleged conversation between him and Mrs Parker Bowles."

and:
"The inquest heard that Charles made the call to Camilla, who was at her home in Wiltshire, on a mobile phone, not a landline."



Sorry, but I don't get it. If the landlines at that house were bugged but Charles, who stayed there, used a mobile - how could his call have been intercepted? And how could they find out the lines were bugged when the fact that the call had been intercepted only became public three years later? Is it believable that Charles and/or Camilla have such good memories as to figure out where they were when this call was made - after three years? With the Squidgygate-call, it was easy to put a date on it but with Camillagate there is not much to indicate when and from where they phoned. Well, okay, that talk about an ambulance strike and Andrew Parker Bowles occupation with it might have helped. Still, it's strange.




Well, IMHO even if it had been the SIS who listened in against orders (and we have such an amount of proof from around the world that Secret Service members tend to lie occasionally to their political superiors against the rules layed out for them) I guess that behaviour stopped once there was this internal check on orders of the queen. So as long as we are only interested in the inquest, IMHO we have heard enough to realise that no Secret Service was involved in monitoring Diana.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1320  
Old 03-01-2008, 04:01 AM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
Mr. Fayed's new claim is worse then all of them put together. Now he says the MI6 put on a "scare" plan in order to cause the car to crash in very few hours. As if! It still doesn't add up properly. Ugh! I'm so sick of him. I understand he lost his son but this is just beyond ridiculous.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Verdict of the Diana Inquest, April 2008, and Aftermath wbenson Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 325 05-31-2012 08:33 PM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 237 06-15-2008 07:18 AM
The Chelsy Davy Thread 6: April-October 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 212 10-07-2007 03:26 AM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 5: April-June 2007 sirhon11234 Current Events Archive 210 06-06-2007 03:03 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll feminism grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince harry princess beatrice fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats prince sverre queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats time travel women deliver conference


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises