The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Gentry

"Maybe he blames himself for their deaths after all Diana was essentially in the care of his security/driver/hotel and this is the only way he can deal with the guilt.......shift it to some-one else"

Tink - I totally agree with you on this. Although many on this forum are not big fans of the Tina Brown book about Diana, she makes this same arguement. Diana and Dodi died on his watch (Mohammed Al Fayed's) after leaving his hotel, surrounded by his security team - which included a drunk driver- and because of Dodi's own stupidity. This is much too painful for him to admit to himself or others and he has indeed (IMO) tipped into madness.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Nobility

I saw on Youtube that Paul Burrell has an account. It's called dianasrock and he only has one video, it's just about his past working for the royal family and his close relationship with Diana.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Would we expect anything else from Mr. Burrell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
I saw on Youtube that Paul Burrell has an account. It's called dianasrock and he only has one video, it's just about his past working for the royal family and his close relationship with Diana.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
Hahaha, such a ridiculous username he took ! Why couldn't he choose sobriety for once ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Diana inquest probes world of espionage - Yahoo! News UK

Quote:
The court will be cleared of the media and public on Tuesday when they start to give evidence, which will be piped by audio link to an annex.
Aww that's John Loughrey who will be disappointed to not have his ticket signed that day !

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Would we expect anything else from Mr. Burrell?

I actually watched the video, and felt ill. I posted a comment that sums up how the man makes me feel. The fact that he lives thirty minutes away from me makes me want to move far, far away. What a sad little man.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Going back to Mr. Fayed for a second, the thing that I can't understand is he's the one making up all these conspiracy theories and yet at the same time is I think he actually beleives them! That scares me. Does that mean we won't have any transcript from today's hearing?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Does that mean we won't have any transcript from today's hearing?
The inquest isn't due to sit again until Tuesday February 26th.
Neverthless, as far as I know, transcripts will be posted as usual when they do reconvene.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It seems to me that Fayed is playing on this suggestion more and more. Most of the people I know that are muslim, laugh it off, nobody objected to Hasnat Khan. Jemima Goldsmith was not ostracised when she converted and married a muslim man. It really wasn't a problem in anyones mind... except Fayeds.

Constantly hearing from Fayed that the reason HE believes Diana & Dodi were killed was because they were muslim, will only 'rally' the people who have chosen to live in the UK but are anti british anyway.

What is amazing, is that you and I agree on this.
[/COLOR]I think the government knows or has suspicions that will not be made public for some years. He has always been less than honest about where he got his money, with the accusations flying thick and fast. He is alleged to have stolen a number of jewels from the then owner of Harrods. He was arrested and sued for false arrest which he lost! He also settled with Rowlands widow, (without admitting anything).

He has always been refused citizenship because he is considered 'not of good character'.
Good for you guys! He is such a snake. He doesn't deserve citizenship.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Does that mean we won't have any transcript from today's hearing?
There will still be transcripts, but instead of their real names, they will be called Mr A, Mr B or Miss X.
-------------------
MI6 agents were not keeping files on Diana or her lover Dodi Fayed when they were killed in a Paris car crash, an inquest has heard.

Princess Diana Inquest: MI6 Secret Agent Gives Evidence |Sky News|UK News
Old 02-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Commoner

I believe what the bible says and it apply's hear, what was done in the darkness shall be brought into the light. If there was foul play, in time it will be found. And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

Omnia Pro Christo
Old 02-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Douglas View Post
And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.
Most people didn't need a multi million pound inquest to know the truth, that it was a simple car crash and I wouldn't think having 12 strangers tell them what they already knew, will make them free!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Nobility

I have been at youtube.com watching all sorts of videos relating to Diana and the inquest. Paul Burrell as "dianasrock" has been making comments on videos concerning his testimony at the inquestand the veracity thereof. He says Diana did harbor a "deep dark secret".
Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Most people didn't need a multi million pound inquest to know the truth, that it was a simple car crash and I wouldn't think having 12 strangers tell them what they already knew, will make them free!
Some people will never be free until they hear their suspicion confirmed that Diana was murdered because the royal family was jealous of her and her affair with Dodi. Mohamed Fayed springs to mind as the obvious case.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Some people will never be free until they hear their suspicion confirmed that Diana was murdered because the royal family was jealous of her and her affair with Dodi. Mohamed Fayed springs to mind as the obvious case.
Very, very true! Unfortunately, Fayed wants a confession preferably signed in blood stating it, as well!
Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Commoner

Let's face it, there will always be someone out there be commoner or royal who will always think there was a conspiracy surrounding Princess Diana's death. Someone out there will go to their death bed believing that this was planned and that they both were embarrassments to the crown. All I am saying is that if it was a conspiracy in time it will be brought into the light. And it might not need a half a million pound inquest to figure it out. There is always that one piece of evidence WHEN A CRIME IS COMMITTED that in time is found. It may take years but until the one piece of evidence that proves NOTHING happened and it was a simple DUI car crash then it will continue to be what it is a Tragic Death of Princess Diana.

Omnia Pro Christo
Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Nobility

I will always believe the deaths in the Alma tunnel to be suspicious. I can't imagine a member of the British Royal Family being so emotionally cold to personally "ordering a hit" but I will always be open to the thought that Al-Fayed security was compromised and it might have been by common enemies of both Diana and Al-Fayed, which, ironically, includes members (and very loyal friends) of the Royal Family.

I believe the inquest has been a "farce" with the reluctance of several parties unwilling to testify and that of Paul Burrell compromising the integrity of his own testimony.

Personally, I am left with even more questions than before it began.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Let's face it, there will always be someone out there be commoner or royal who will always think there was a conspiracy surrounding Princess Diana's death. Someone out there will go to their death bed believing that this was planned and that they both were embarrassments to the crown. All I am saying is that if it was a conspiracy in time it will be brought into the light. And it might not need a half a million pound inquest to figure it out. There is always that one piece of evidence WHEN A CRIME IS COMMITTED that in time is found. It may take years but until the one piece of evidence that proves NOTHING happened and it was a simple DUI car crash then it will continue to be what it is a Tragic Death of Princess Diana.
I disagree. Until there is one piece of evidence that proves a conspiracy, it will continue to be the tragic accidental death of Diana. Fayad goofed big time in claiming so many people were involved. That many people could not have possibly kept silent for over 10 years. Someone always talks! It is, quite simply, human nature.

There was no conspiracy, just the mindless ravings of a man grieving for his son. As has been previously pointed out, Diana and Dodi were in a Fayad car, leaving a Fayad hotel, with a Fayad driver and a Fayad secuity guard, implementing a Fayad plan to evade the paps, said plan reported to have been approved by Mo Fayad himself. Perhaps Mo was working for M16?

The man simply cannot accept that he bears at least a portion of the responsibilty for this tragic accident. Instead he makes wild claims (Diana pregnant, engaged to Dodi) and accusations (everyone on the planet including Andnason's (sp?) dog is or was involved in the planning and/or the cover-up). Honestly, I think grief has made him quite mad, if he wasn't already there.

I know that what seems crystal clear to one person is often about as clear as mud to another, and I agree the conspiracy theorists will never accept the death of Diana as a tragic accident. Though how anyone could possibly see it as anything else is beyond me.

Cat
Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
All I am saying is that if it was a conspiracy in time it will be brought into the light. And it might not need a half a million pound inquest to figure it out. There is always that one piece of evidence WHEN A CRIME IS COMMITTED that in time is found. It may take years but until the one piece of evidence that proves NOTHING happened and it was a simple DUI car crash then it will continue to be what it is a Tragic Death of Princess Diana.
If there was anything to 'be brought into the light'(?), I am certain that one of the two full investigations and inquest would have revealed it by now! To believe that someone or something might come to light after a further 10 years is, IMO, unrealistic!

The inquest has cost a lot more than half a million pounds!

Diana inquest bill to cost Ј10 million - Telegraph

The bill for the investigation into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales will pass Ј10 million by the end of the inquest - most of it footed by the taxpayer, according to legal sources.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Commoner

Suspicious Deaths

I am with you on, and I don't believe for one moment the any member of the British royal family ordered their deaths. I to am left with questions as a lot of people are.

You are right both Fayed and the Royal family had enemies and friends, and to watch a former member of the Royal family with Fayed only sickened me. I personally thought if Diana wanted ANOTHER boyfriend she should have picked someone from a european royal house. My God think of the kids if nothing else.

As I have stated "IF" there was a crime committed, in time I have to believe that piece of evidence will come forward. If there was no crime committed I hope that any evidence comes forward to substantiate that it was an accident, so that both of them can rest in peace.

Omnia Pro Christo
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana