The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1161  
Old 02-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 38
How very ugly of Al Fayed to call Prince Philip, a man who served in the Royal Navy during WWII, a Nazi. Philip's own mother received posthumous recognition for her role in sheltering Jews during the war.

You'd think that if Al Fayed were to aim accusations at anyone that he'd aim better, but he's not concerned with truth - he's concerned with outrage.

The more clear it becomes that this was an accident, the more desperate Al Fayed gets.

If it were to be accepted as fact that no malevolent cabal of evil forces acted in tandem to create this catastrophe, then he'd have to face the facts that: the most famous woman in the world, who'd entrusted her safety and well-being to his security was failed by it; that a man he hired, Henri Paul, was grossly unfit for duty due to alcohol consumption; and that his own son exhibited the worst judgment on the planet by overriding security concerns and common sense in orchestrating that descent into the maelstrom that night.

I don't dismiss Diana's own role in this tragedy. Had she not refused police protection and had she worn a seat belt, things might have happened differently.

In my mind, if Mohammed Al Fayed wants to find out who bears the most responsibility for this mess, he need only look in the mirror.
__________________

  #1162  
Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Inquest: Diana feared 'accidental' death - Yahoo! News UK
__________________

__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1163  
Old 02-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenw View Post
How very ugly of Al Fayed to call Prince Philip, a man who served in the Royal Navy during WWII, a Nazi. Philip's own mother received posthumous recognition for her role in sheltering Jews during the war.

You'd think that if Al Fayed were to aim accusations at anyone that he'd aim better, but he's not concerned with truth - he's concerned with outrage.

The more clear it becomes that this was an accident, the more desperate Al Fayed gets.

If it were to be accepted as fact that no malevolent cabal of evil forces acted in tandem to create this catastrophe, then he'd have to face the facts that: the most famous woman in the world, who'd entrusted her safety and well-being to his security was failed by it; that a man he hired, Henri Paul, was grossly unfit for duty due to alcohol consumption; and that his own son exhibited the worst judgment on the planet by overriding security concerns and common sense in orchestrating that descent into the maelstrom that night.

I don't dismiss Diana's own role in this tragedy. Had she not refused police protection and had she worn a seat belt, things might have happened differently.

In my mind, if Mohammed Al Fayed wants to find out who bears the most responsibility for this mess, he need only look in the mirror.
Well, even if there was some Establishment-led cabal of evil forces going after Diana (and I'm not saying there was, mind you), it was still Fayed's security that failed her.
  #1164  
Old 02-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Picmajik's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 161
tiger not completely at fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Sometimes its fairer and more just to everyone if we assign responsibility correctly to people that we can reasonably say were killed by their own actions rather than to lay blame for their deaths on an innocent party who is still living and can still suffer from unfair accusations. Of course no one wants to malign the dead unnecessarily; but to unfairly accuse the living to protect the reputation of the dead I think is worse.

The recent tragic deaths of the boys that were eaten by the tiger in the San Francisco zoo are the perfect example of that. Its tragic that the boys died but if they died by their own foolhardiness and by taunting a tiger then the zoo and the people who depend upon a job at the zoo for their livelihood shouldn't have to suffer too simply because the boys died and they are still living.
True enough--the tiger appears to have been provoked to jump the fence and the tiger ended up being put down just for acting as a tiger would have. Yes, the boys should have been helped earlier by security but if it turns out that they were teasing the tiger then the guilty ones brought it upon themselves. I don't blame the other boy that was killed trying to help his friend if he wasn't part of the teasing. Good example of things aren't always what they first appear to be.
  #1165  
Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 PM
cde cde is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Marina del rey, United States
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by PadThaiPrincess View Post
Maria Burrell always seemed to get the short end of the stick raising their sons alone while Paul was traveling with the Royals. I feel sorry for her because of what her loyalty to her apparently lying hubby has cost her.
I do feel bad for Maria but IMO karma is finally kicking in for Paul, I hope he gets everything he deserves and more.
  #1166  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Where did you get that idea? Charles' first valet recounted that when choosing her first engagement ring, Diana was presented with selection of rings and chose the largest one.
A movie about Diana's last days. The actress playing her freaked out when Dodi bought her a bracelet and was like you know I don't like material things.And then at the Ritz he tells her about how he has a surprise and she's like what is it another gift money can buy? That's where I got that idea from and Skydragon you have a point he doesn't know what he's saying. He's sucha hyporcite! My mom has said it for years Fayed's security failed that night...and he just won't accept it.
  #1167  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
Diana was SO paranoid! I'm starting to think she had this obsession for a long time....and yet she did the Panorama interview...not going to say I don't like it, it's very bold interview anyways not going to get into that. It's just weird how someone so paranoid can do some outrageous things and not think about it triggering the RF in I don't want to say hating her more but I can't come up with a different word.
  #1168  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
It's just weird how someone so paranoid can do some outrageous things and not think about it triggering the RF in I don't want to say hating her more but I can't come up with a different word.
Loathe?
Despise?
Irritate?
Aversion?
Antipathy?
Disgust?
Dislike?
Nuisance?


  #1169  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,009
Did she start thinking in a paranoid way when Mannakee was killed, or did it start before that? People who knew her well earlier on might have had a hint of it, if it was always there. I think that it became full-blown because of all the terrible stress she was under after she co-operated with Morton and did Panorama.
  #1170  
Old 02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Loathe?
Despise?
Irritate?
Aversion?
Antipathy?
Disgust?
Dislike?
Nuisance?



lol yes those are very good words hah guess I'm having a slow day

and what you say sounds very true Mermaid1962
  #1171  
Old 02-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
A movie about Diana's last days. The actress playing her freaked out when Dodi bought her a bracelet and was like you know I don't like material things.And then at the Ritz he tells her about how he has a surprise and she's like what is it another gift money can buy? That's where I got that idea from
The thing to remember, is that it was only a movie, most of which is 'artistic licence' (another word for imagination) and normally far from the truth.
  #1172  
Old 02-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Did she start thinking in a paranoid way when Mannakee was killed, or did it start before that? People who knew her well earlier on might have had a hint of it, if it was always there. I think that it became full-blown because of all the terrible stress she was under after she co-operated with Morton and did Panorama.
Or was it a case of being a 'Drama Queen', that because some people took notice, grew out of control? The more she did it, the more attention she got and so the more outrageous the 'Drama's' became?
  #1173  
Old 02-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
The former head of MI6 has given a point-blank denial that the intelligence service executed Diana, Princess of Wales.

Diana Inquest: MI6 Chief Dearlove Answers Al Fayed Claims In Court |Sky News|UK News
  #1174  
Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 AM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Former spymaster denies plot to kill Diana - Yahoo! News UK

Of course they weren't executed by a member of the RF. I can't even believe that some people were convinced about that for more than 10 years !
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1175  
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Well, if they're denying it, it must be true.
  #1176  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:02 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Well, if they're denying it, it must be true.
Even without denying it, no offense but how mad you need to be to convince yourself that Prince Philip ordered her assassination ?!
Although, I wouldn't trust anyone without proof. Perfect example with Mr. Burrell ...
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1177  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
milla Ca's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hannover, Germany
Posts: 1,515
from ´Die Zeit´, Germany ( a very respected weekly newspaper):

Very British Tragicomedy: You Are All Guilty

This was one of the blowoffs of the Princess Diana Inquest. In a five hours bizarre court rant self-made Egyptian billionaire Mohamed al Fayed yesterday blamed everyone from the Royal Family and ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair to spies, police and diplomats for "murdering" Princess Diana and his son Dodi.

Very British Tragicomedy: You Are All Guilty. | ZEIT online Leserkommentare
__________________
´We will all have to account for our actions to our children and grand-children, and if we don´t get this right, how will they ever forgive us?´
Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
  #1178  
Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,009
Sometimes I wonder if Diana was one of those people who liked to say things just to see what kind of reaction she'd get--as when she told the Archbishop that she believed that she had lived before. Or at least that's the story that she told Gilbey on the Squidy tape.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Or was it a case of being a 'Drama Queen', that because some people took notice, grew out of control? The more she did it, the more attention she got and so the more outrageous the 'Drama's' became?
  #1179  
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if Diana was one of those people who liked to say things just to see what kind of reaction she'd get--as when she told the Archbishop that she believed that she had lived before. Or at least that's the story that she told Gilbey on the Squidy tape.
I know a lot of people THINK that, but they don't SAY that, at least not to the reporters. You're probably right.
  #1180  
Old 02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I know a lot of people THINK that, but they don't SAY that, at least not to the reporters. You're probably right.
Yep, that makes sense to me too. It wouldn't surprise me that she started using this technic in her childhood, to get around some restrictions or simply to tease.
__________________

__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Verdict of the Diana Inquest, April 2008, and Aftermath wbenson Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 325 05-31-2012 08:33 PM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 237 06-15-2008 07:18 AM
The Chelsy Davy Thread 6: April-October 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 212 10-07-2007 03:26 AM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 5: April-June 2007 sirhon11234 Current Events Archive 210 06-06-2007 03:03 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 belgian state visit to japan best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events december duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll fashion suggestions grand duke jean greece jubilee kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament oscars picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises