The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Commoner

How very ugly of Al Fayed to call Prince Philip, a man who served in the Royal Navy during WWII, a Nazi. Philip's own mother received posthumous recognition for her role in sheltering Jews during the war.

You'd think that if Al Fayed were to aim accusations at anyone that he'd aim better, but he's not concerned with truth - he's concerned with outrage.

The more clear it becomes that this was an accident, the more desperate Al Fayed gets.

If it were to be accepted as fact that no malevolent cabal of evil forces acted in tandem to create this catastrophe, then he'd have to face the facts that: the most famous woman in the world, who'd entrusted her safety and well-being to his security was failed by it; that a man he hired, Henri Paul, was grossly unfit for duty due to alcohol consumption; and that his own son exhibited the worst judgment on the planet by overriding security concerns and common sense in orchestrating that descent into the maelstrom that night.

I don't dismiss Diana's own role in this tragedy. Had she not refused police protection and had she worn a seat belt, things might have happened differently.

In my mind, if Mohammed Al Fayed wants to find out who bears the most responsibility for this mess, he need only look in the mirror.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Inquest: Diana feared 'accidental' death - Yahoo! News UK

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 02-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenw View Post
How very ugly of Al Fayed to call Prince Philip, a man who served in the Royal Navy during WWII, a Nazi. Philip's own mother received posthumous recognition for her role in sheltering Jews during the war.

You'd think that if Al Fayed were to aim accusations at anyone that he'd aim better, but he's not concerned with truth - he's concerned with outrage.

The more clear it becomes that this was an accident, the more desperate Al Fayed gets.

If it were to be accepted as fact that no malevolent cabal of evil forces acted in tandem to create this catastrophe, then he'd have to face the facts that: the most famous woman in the world, who'd entrusted her safety and well-being to his security was failed by it; that a man he hired, Henri Paul, was grossly unfit for duty due to alcohol consumption; and that his own son exhibited the worst judgment on the planet by overriding security concerns and common sense in orchestrating that descent into the maelstrom that night.

I don't dismiss Diana's own role in this tragedy. Had she not refused police protection and had she worn a seat belt, things might have happened differently.

In my mind, if Mohammed Al Fayed wants to find out who bears the most responsibility for this mess, he need only look in the mirror.
Well, even if there was some Establishment-led cabal of evil forces going after Diana (and I'm not saying there was, mind you), it was still Fayed's security that failed her.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

tiger not completely at fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Sometimes its fairer and more just to everyone if we assign responsibility correctly to people that we can reasonably say were killed by their own actions rather than to lay blame for their deaths on an innocent party who is still living and can still suffer from unfair accusations. Of course no one wants to malign the dead unnecessarily; but to unfairly accuse the living to protect the reputation of the dead I think is worse.

The recent tragic deaths of the boys that were eaten by the tiger in the San Francisco zoo are the perfect example of that. Its tragic that the boys died but if they died by their own foolhardiness and by taunting a tiger then the zoo and the people who depend upon a job at the zoo for their livelihood shouldn't have to suffer too simply because the boys died and they are still living.
True enough--the tiger appears to have been provoked to jump the fence and the tiger ended up being put down just for acting as a tiger would have. Yes, the boys should have been helped earlier by security but if it turns out that they were teasing the tiger then the guilty ones brought it upon themselves. I don't blame the other boy that was killed trying to help his friend if he wasn't part of the teasing. Good example of things aren't always what they first appear to be.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadThaiPrincess View Post
Maria Burrell always seemed to get the short end of the stick raising their sons alone while Paul was traveling with the Royals. I feel sorry for her because of what her loyalty to her apparently lying hubby has cost her.
I do feel bad for Maria but IMO karma is finally kicking in for Paul, I hope he gets everything he deserves and more.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Where did you get that idea? Charles' first valet recounted that when choosing her first engagement ring, Diana was presented with selection of rings and chose the largest one.
A movie about Diana's last days. The actress playing her freaked out when Dodi bought her a bracelet and was like you know I don't like material things.And then at the Ritz he tells her about how he has a surprise and she's like what is it another gift money can buy? That's where I got that idea from and Skydragon you have a point he doesn't know what he's saying. He's sucha hyporcite! My mom has said it for years Fayed's security failed that night...and he just won't accept it.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana was SO paranoid! I'm starting to think she had this obsession for a long time....and yet she did the Panorama interview...not going to say I don't like it, it's very bold interview anyways not going to get into that. It's just weird how someone so paranoid can do some outrageous things and not think about it triggering the RF in I don't want to say hating her more but I can't come up with a different word.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
It's just weird how someone so paranoid can do some outrageous things and not think about it triggering the RF in I don't want to say hating her more but I can't come up with a different word.
Loathe?
Despise?
Irritate?
Aversion?
Antipathy?
Disgust?
Dislike?
Nuisance?

Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Majesty

Did she start thinking in a paranoid way when Mannakee was killed, or did it start before that? People who knew her well earlier on might have had a hint of it, if it was always there. I think that it became full-blown because of all the terrible stress she was under after she co-operated with Morton and did Panorama.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Loathe?
Despise?
Irritate?
Aversion?
Antipathy?
Disgust?
Dislike?
Nuisance?

lol yes those are very good words hah guess I'm having a slow day

and what you say sounds very true Mermaid1962
Old 02-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
A movie about Diana's last days. The actress playing her freaked out when Dodi bought her a bracelet and was like you know I don't like material things.And then at the Ritz he tells her about how he has a surprise and she's like what is it another gift money can buy? That's where I got that idea from
The thing to remember, is that it was only a movie, most of which is 'artistic licence' (another word for imagination) and normally far from the truth.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Did she start thinking in a paranoid way when Mannakee was killed, or did it start before that? People who knew her well earlier on might have had a hint of it, if it was always there. I think that it became full-blown because of all the terrible stress she was under after she co-operated with Morton and did Panorama.
Or was it a case of being a 'Drama Queen', that because some people took notice, grew out of control? The more she did it, the more attention she got and so the more outrageous the 'Drama's' became?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The former head of MI6 has given a point-blank denial that the intelligence service executed Diana, Princess of Wales.

Diana Inquest: MI6 Chief Dearlove Answers Al Fayed Claims In Court |Sky News|UK News
Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Former spymaster denies plot to kill Diana - Yahoo! News UK

Of course they weren't executed by a member of the RF. I can't even believe that some people were convinced about that for more than 10 years !

Because it matters...
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, if they're denying it, it must be true.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Well, if they're denying it, it must be true.
Even without denying it, no offense but how mad you need to be to convince yourself that Prince Philip ordered her assassination ?!
Although, I wouldn't trust anyone without proof. Perfect example with Mr. Burrell ...

Because it matters...
Old 02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

from ´Die Zeit´, Germany ( a very respected weekly newspaper):

Very British Tragicomedy: You Are All Guilty

This was one of the blowoffs of the Princess Diana Inquest. In a five hours bizarre court rant self-made Egyptian billionaire Mohamed al Fayed yesterday blamed everyone from the Royal Family and ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair to spies, police and diplomats for "murdering" Princess Diana and his son Dodi.

Very British Tragicomedy: You Are All Guilty. | ZEIT online Leserkommentare
Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Sometimes I wonder if Diana was one of those people who liked to say things just to see what kind of reaction she'd get--as when she told the Archbishop that she believed that she had lived before. Or at least that's the story that she told Gilbey on the Squidy tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Or was it a case of being a 'Drama Queen', that because some people took notice, grew out of control? The more she did it, the more attention she got and so the more outrageous the 'Drama's' became?
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if Diana was one of those people who liked to say things just to see what kind of reaction she'd get--as when she told the Archbishop that she believed that she had lived before. Or at least that's the story that she told Gilbey on the Squidy tape.
I know a lot of people THINK that, but they don't SAY that, at least not to the reporters. You're probably right.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I know a lot of people THINK that, but they don't SAY that, at least not to the reporters. You're probably right.
Yep, that makes sense to me too. It wouldn't surprise me that she started using this technic in her childhood, to get around some restrictions or simply to tease.

Because it matters...
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana