The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
If it was suicide, did Andanson have something to hid that he got so mentally sick that he took his own life? Did he have some answers to the accident, or was Diana his cash cow and now that she was gone, he was not making a good living?
That's possible. IMO, he may have killed himself in disgust of what he was doing to earn a living. Diana's death created a major reflexion on the job of paparazzi and some could hardly bear to be treated as criminals ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
If it was suicide, did Andanson have something to hide that he got so mentally sick that he took his own life? Did he have some answers to the accident, or was Diana his cash cow and now that she was gone, he was not making a good living?
Many people that commit suicide are not made mentally sick through a secret. For someone to make the decision to kill themselves, it would I believe, take many factors and a deep sense of depression and 'aloneness'.

If Mr Andanson committed suicide, he would have worked out how he wanted to do it, just because it is not how most people would wish to die, does not mean that was not how he wanted to do it. I don't feel that Diana or her death entered into his equation at all.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
If it was suicide, did Andanson have something to hid that he got so mentally sick that he took his own life? Did he have some answers to the accident, or was Diana his cash cow and now that she was gone, he was not making a good living?
I haven't read everything about Andanson but it looks like he's a case similar to the guy that confessed to the murder of JonBenet Ramsey a few months ago. It later turned out that he was nowhere near the scene of the crime but a cousin of his always said he had illusions of grandeur and so convinced himself that he was the center of one of the most scandalous crimes of the nation.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Heir Apparent

That's creepy^ Ya I dunno much about Andanson either but I don't think he was the fiat uno driver, I really think it was the vietamese guy. I dunno I've just been going through the inquest transcripts and re-reading Operation Pagat tonight and for me I think mostly everything has properly fallen into place.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

May I ask a question? I swear I remember someone on here said this or I read awhile ago but I remember hearing Dodi did drugs or something like that. If that's true and I'm not losing my mind do we know if Diana was aware of this at the time?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Diana was supposed to have questioned someone about why Dodi spent so much time in the bathroom. There was an early rumour that there was cocaine in the car and/or in Diana's bag, which turned out to be false. I have the idea that Dodi was known to be a cocaine user on the party circuit, but I don't have any definite references.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
May I ask a question? I swear I remember someone on here said this or I read awhile ago but I remember hearing Dodi did drugs or something like that. If that's true and I'm not losing my mind do we know if Diana was aware of this at the time?
http://www.usatoday.com/news/diana/diana195.htm
The magazine quoted a friend, Nona Summers, as saying Dodi Fayed "was into cocaine" during the 1980s and another person as saying he had a kilo of cocaine in his New York hotel suite, an amount then valued at more than $15,000. That was described as Fayed's "weekly buy.

Also, somewhere on here, was a report that Diana tried it once but did not like it.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/news/diana/diana195.htm
The magazine quoted a friend, Nona Summers, as saying Dodi Fayed "was into cocaine" during the 1980s and another person as saying he had a kilo of cocaine in his New York hotel suite, an amount then valued at more than $15,000. That was described as Fayed's "weekly buy.

Also, somewhere on here, was a report that Diana tried it once but did not like it.
Well, nobody likes drugs by nature. If you give someone cigarettes or alcohol, it's very likely that he won't like it if he's not used to it. There's also the "hard" drugs and "soft" drugs. But they are all damaging your health (of course, not in the same way). For that matter, I doubt Diana would have tried it since she was kind of "obsessed" with her health. Although, sometimes people you wouldn't suspect to be drug users are total addicts.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ex-envoy denies Diana embalming allegation

Ex-envoy denies Diana embalming allegation - CNN.com
Old 02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the info skydragon and mermaid1962! So confusing today's hearings about Dodi supposedly telling his lawyer he had some big news, Just when I think I have it all figured out I confuse myself again. Atleast we know the MI6 were in Paris that night althought I still don't think they had anything to do with the crash.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

It's quite something seeing organizations like MI5 and MI6, organizations that protect British nationals, accused of murdering a British princess. If I were a member of either organization, I'd be quite insulted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Thanks for the info skydragon and mermaid1962! So confusing today's hearings about Dodi supposedly telling his lawyer he had some big news, Just when I think I have it all figured out I confuse myself again. Atleast we know the MI6 were in Paris that night althought I still don't think they had anything to do with the crash.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent

yes,I agree, but and I don't beleive the conspiracy theories for one minute although I'd like to know what Dodi meant when he supposedly told his lawyer he had some big news. Exactly what was the big news?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
It's quite something seeing organizations like MI5 and MI6, organizations that protect British nationals, accused of murdering a British princess. If I were a member of either organization, I'd be quite insulted.
When the Irish Republican Army (who proudly and gleefully blew up Lord Mountbatten) didn't seek any glory and honor in the death of Diana, I scratched my head in wonder from this unusual silence.... If not them, then whom????

I will not take any creedence in any testimony in someone from MI5, MI6 because they will loudly proclaim innocence...a waste of time, really.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
When the Irish Republican Army (who proudly and gleefully blew up Lord Mountbatten) didn't seek any glory and honor in the death of Diana, I scratched my head in wonder from this unusual silence.... If not them, then whom????
Why would they seek anything of the sort? What glory or honor could accrue from an automibile accident?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to hear from today's hearings that the Queen checked for bugging devices. Something a little positive.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

FOR HIM, DIANA INQUEST IS JUST THE TICKET

For him, Diana inquest is just the ticket - World Blog - msnbc.com
Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
I will not take any creedence in any testimony in someone from MI5, MI6 because they will loudly proclaim innocence...a waste of time, really.
Why shouldn'y they proclaim their innocence, when to me, they clearly are.

If MI5 or MI6 had been involved, they would have made a much better job than a car crash, where there was a possibilty of more than one survivor.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
This person is just sick!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4 View Post
Why would they seek anything of the sort? What glory or honor could accrue from an automibile accident?
The IRA used to comment rudely whenever a royal would die from natural causes/old age..like when the Duke of Windosr died and Princess Alice of Athlone died....

Since Princess Diana had alledgedly been a target prior to her death, I just assumed the IRA would take the opportunity of her death, whether they caused it or not, to cheer and gloat...and when they didn't, I was amazed....and puzzled.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Why shouldn'y they proclaim their innocence, when to me, they clearly are.

If MI5 or MI6 had been involved, they would have made a much better job than a car crash, where there was a possibilty of more than one survivor.

IMO, the lone survivor was one of them....

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana