The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1061  
Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Well, this is what was said at the inquest:

1 LORD JUSTICE SCOTT BAKER: Members of the jury, you may
2 remember that Kelly Fisher gave evidence before
3 Christmas and she had a tape-recording of a telephone
4 discussion between her and Dodi which she was going to
5 go and see if she could find. Mr Foley went to America
6 over a Christmas holiday -- it was not too big
7 a hardship for him because his family lives there -- and
8 he was able to retrieve the tape.

Interesting. As this inquest goes on, I feel like it's getting more and more complicated.
__________________

__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1062  
Old 02-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
What if Diana and Dodi weren't in love at all ? Diana was playing a game to make Khan jealous and Dodi wanted to please his father. It might have been just an illusion to make everyone happy ...
I really hope that's not the case. I hope there was more to their relationship, at least that they genuinely liked each other and enjoyed each other's company. Their deaths would be all the more tragic - if that's possible - if their relationship was nothing more than a ruse with each of them using the other to achieve other ends.
__________________

__________________
  #1063  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:15 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
What do these tapes contain exactly?

blah I'm confused with everything her relationship, the fiat uno, the driver the only clear thing in this inquest seems to be the false accusation of her being pregnant.
__________________
  #1064  
Old 02-07-2008, 03:08 AM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
I take it back the only thing that majorly still confuses me is the whole driver issue the rest for me is mostly settled.
__________________
  #1065  
Old 02-07-2008, 02:09 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Inquest focuses on snapper's 'suicide' - Yahoo! News UK

I've always believed in a pure and simple car accident although with all the mysteries surrounding the story, I'm becoming a little skeptical about a ordinary crash. I'm not implying any conspiracy theories, just that this case seems too thick to be reduced to an accident.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1066  
Old 02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Inquest focuses on snapper's 'suicide' - Yahoo! News UK

I've always believed in a pure and simple car accident although with all the mysteries surrounding the story, I'm becoming a little skeptical about a ordinary crash. I'm not implying any conspiracy theories, just that this case seems too thick to be reduced to an accident.
As the inquest found out, most "mysteries" in fact are none but it showed as well that many of the players have had their own agenda to introduce innuendo into the media reporting, producing new stories.

It seems:
Andason's car was not the white Fiat, whether he commited suicide or not is not really important, he was not in Paris that night anyway. Henri Paul was drunk, at least had enough alocohol in him to have problems reacting on a street that was difficult to manage with that high speed he was driving. Diana died at some time during the night, she was not pregnant and Dodi was not enough committed to her to don't want to talk to his girlfriend he had before, Mo Fayed is like a spider in his own net when it comes to his family and employees....

We learn so much but overall I think we learn that it was an accident - sad but an accident.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1067  
Old 02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
As the inquest found out, most "mysteries" in fact are none but it showed as well that many of the players have had their own agenda to introduce innuendo into the media reporting, producing new stories.

It seems:
Andason's car was not the white Fiat, whether he commited suicide or not is not really important, he was not in Paris that night anyway. Henri Paul was drunk, at least had enough alocohol in him to have problems reacting on a street that was difficult to manage with that high speed he was driving. Diana died at some time during the night, she was not pregnant and Dodi was not enough committed to her to don't want to talk to his girlfriend he had before, Mo Fayed is like a spider in his own net when it comes to his family and employees....

We learn so much but overall I think we learn that it was an accident - sad but an accident.
I agree Jo but don't you think self-immolation is a strange way to kill yourself ? I mean, all the pain you must go through ... ugh ! It would be disturbing to learn that Mr. Andason was killed because it would still be an unsolved homicide.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1068  
Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I agree Jo but don't you think self-immolation is a strange way to kill yourself ? I mean, all the pain you must go through ... ugh ! It would be disturbing to learn that Mr. Andason was killed because it would still be an unsolved homicide.
As I said before I believe Mo Fayed's minions killed Andason because Mo believed he was the one responsible for his son's death.

But as there is no proof in that, I have to confess that I now there are people fantasizing about death at the stake as in medieval times and there are suicides because people know that they are dead through inhaling the gases before they can feel that much pain. There were people who burnt themselves alive to make the public aware of their political quest, remember? So, I don't know. What makes me suspicious is the fact that burning cars leave no finger prints and other traces, while within a burnt body autopsy is difficult to reach valid conclusions.

So, I'm not conclusive in my thinking but I can imagine that when the private investigators presented the information about the white fiat and Andason to Mo Fayed, he, after such a period of pain, got angry and ordered the guy to die. IMHo, of course.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1069  
Old 02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
As I said before I believe Mo Fayed's minions killed Andason because Mo believed he was the one responsible for his son's death.

But as there is no proof in that, I have to confess that I now there are people fantasizing about death at the stake as in medieval times and there are suicides because people know that they are dead through inhaling the gases before they can feel that much pain. There were people who burnt themselves alive to make the public aware of their political quest, remember? So, I don't know. What makes me suspicious is the fact that burning cars leave no finger prints and other traces, while within a burnt body autopsy is difficult to reach valid conclusions.

So, I'm not conclusive in my thinking but I can imagine that when the private investigators presented the information about the white fiat and Andason to Mo Fayed, he, after such a period of pain, got angry and ordered the guy to die. IMHo, of course.
That's very likely to be true. These methods wouldn't surprise me at all and if Fayed used them in the past for other businesses like weapon, he might have created some opponents who would be ready to do any crazy actions to get their revenge, i.e. maybe kill his son.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1070  
Old 02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
selrahc4's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 760
Jo of Palatine and TheTruth,
Regarding your theory that Fayed was behind Andanson's death, do you believe it was a coincidence that the method matched almost exactly what Andanson himself had described to acquaintences would be his way of doing away with himself? Or do you think Fayed was aware of what Andanson had said and took advantage of that in setting the scene?

(For the record, my own opinion is that Andanson did it himself.)
__________________
aka Janet on some other forums
  #1071  
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 AM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
I'm still puzzled by Henri Paul's test results and what Professor Johnston said. I know I've said this a bout a million time but I can't help it. And I know he works for Mr. Fayed so it's obvous he'd say those things but never once did it cross my mind that it's not normal for the test results from different places of the body to be so close together in numbers. Actually I'm not sure from what sample he's referring to at this point but it still puzzles me and yet he says the carbon monoxide levels in his opinion are still not normal even for a heavy drinker I find that very odd the rest to me seems very much clear now. And I'm glad so much new info has come out about Mr Fayed and the things he did the months following the crash.
__________________
  #1072  
Old 02-08-2008, 02:10 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrah24
Jo of Palatine and TheTruth,
Regarding your theory that Fayed was behind Andanson's death, do you believe it was a coincidence that the method matched almost exactly what Andanson himself had described to acquaintences would be his way of doing away with himself? Or do you think Fayed was aware of what Andanson had said and took advantage of that in setting the scene?

(For the record, my own opinion is that Andanson did it himself.)
For the record I think so too. I confess I find this murder theory to be as far-fetched as al-Fayed's theory that Philip did Diana in.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #1073  
Old 02-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
For the record I think so too. I confess I find this murder theory to be as far-fetched as al-Fayed's theory that Philip did Diana in.
Not as far-fetched but just a theory, yes. The idea with Philip is far-fectched because of the method used - if she had worn her seatbelt she would have survived the crash. There would have been too many chances taken by the secret services, too many people involved, much too complicated and with a very unclear ending. Nope, that's not how political murder works, IMHO.

What I found interesting is that once the private investigators of Fayed had established that Andanson owned a white fiat, they obviously appeared anywhere in the paparazzi-scene to look for clues. A lot of photographers and managers of agencies/editors had heard about Andanson's fascination with fire, thus it could have been a clean and plausible method. I've several books about how to write mysteries and in one they say that there are substances that make you groggy which are produced by the body when burnt. So, it's worth thinking about.

Running an organisation like the Fayed-security means that the people responsible come into contact with all kinds of employees. It's not so difficult to find one or two to do dirty work if you are looking for it. Fayed had the motive, the money, the people and thus the opportunity. In the tape conversation with Kelly Fisher Dodi agrees that his father "threatens" people - who threatens in business life, must have the means to do what they threaten.

For me Fayed has something really sinister - you don't marry the sister of a successful arms dealer, are taken in on the business and divorce her after a short time only and stay in the business if you are not the suitable character for that kind of dealings. But, of course, all just IMHO.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1074  
Old 02-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
As far as I know it is still there, but next time I am passing, I will just turn off the A9 to have a look! If I get invited in, be it on your head Jo! There are many people in the area who refuse to have anything to do with him even now, but as usual, there are also people who are attracted to him because he 'owns' Harrods.
Totally off topic, but.... Not only is the Ross coat of Arms still on the main gates, he has also had a set of wrought iron gates, bearing a Coat of Arms (didn't park to check whose), erected for the drive leading directly from the A9! They have also toned down the colour of the castle in the photo's on his site, it is far pinker in real life!
__________________
  #1075  
Old 02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Not as far-fetched but just a theory, yes. [snip]

Running an organisation like the Fayed-security means that the people responsible come into contact with all kinds of employees. It's not so difficult to find one or two to do dirty work if you are looking for it.
One could say that about Buckingham Palace or any large organization. Anyone who is in charge of a large complex organization will have the money, the people and thus the opportunity as long as they have the motive. One could even say that about Prince Philip.

Quote:
In the tape conversation with Kelly Fisher Dodi agrees that his father "threatens" people - who threatens in business life, must have the means to do what they threaten.
Several people told the inquisition that Philip sent Diana threatening letters. He is known to have a hot temper and has made racist comments. However both Philip and al-Fayed had the means to carry out threats even if they never threatened anybody.

Quote:
For me Fayed has something really sinister - you don't marry the sister of a successful arms dealer, are taken in on the business and divorce her after a short time only and stay in the business if you are not the suitable character for that kind of dealings. But, of course, all just IMHO.
Not to push your country's background in your face, Jo but several people have said there's something sinister about Philip because his sisters married men with Nazi affiliations. The Nazis were evil, Philips sisters married evil and as his brother he must share some of this evil. Or so they say.

Now do I believe that Philip sent the order to kill Diana on the basis of this 'evidence'? Absolutely not and you don't believe it either.

So do I believe that al-Fayed killed this man because as you say he had the means to do so, someone said he threatened people, and he married the sister of an arms dealer and because there is just something 'sinister' about him?

No again. Your theory bears too much resemblance to the theory and evidence given to support that Philip had Diana killed so that's why I say its equally far fetched.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #1076  
Old 02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
One could say that about Buckingham Palace or any large organization. Anyone who is in charge of a large complex organization will have the money, the people and thus the opportunity as long as they have the motive. One could even say that about Prince Philip.
Not really, because the Royal protection unit is a part of the police, so it's different with them - that was stressed during the inquest several times. Plus the RF does not control the security services either, there is political control over these. Thus I doubt Philip had the opportunity. And I don't see a motive, really. Nothing happened when she dated Hasnat Khan, after all.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1077  
Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Totally off topic, but.... Not only is the Ross coat of Arms still on the main gates, he has also had a set of wrought iron gates, bearing a Coat of Arms (didn't park to check whose), erected for the drive leading directly from the A9! They have also toned down the colour of the castle in the photo's on his site, it is far pinker in real life!
Oh, now I hope you didn't have to drive a large way to check on this. Thank you very much, Skydragon.

Hm... obviously Mo Fayed is not willing to accept the laws of the country he wants to become a citizen of. No wonder he gets none. I wonder if the public is aware how Fayed used the laws that helps him towards his aim (see the inquest) and how he ignores those who are not convenient.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1078  
Old 02-08-2008, 09:58 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Not really, because the Royal protection unit is a part of the police, so it's different with them - that was stressed during the inquest several times. Plus the RF does not control the security services either, there is political control over these. Thus I doubt Philip had the opportunity. And I don't see a motive, really. Nothing happened when she dated Hasnat Khan, after all.
One could say that Philip didn't have a motive with Hasnat Khan because he could have had intelligence that Khan would never marry Diana because of her fame (as turned out to be the case) whereas with al-Fayed openly pushing the marriage and Diana's open vulnerability to those around her then certainty that there would be no marriage wasn't so sure. One could also say that if one has the motive, Philip didn't need security services to carry out his dirty deeds but dirty people are available in all walks of life. I never believed that Philip did Diana in but quite frankly I'm still seeing too many similarities between that theory and your theory that al-Fayed ordered the other murder.

My personal opinion is that Prince Philip was a convenient evil character in the mystery of Diana's death and he was a welcome and gratifying suspect for a lot of people who wanted to find answers for Diana's death and had motives for making Philip a suspect. Right now it appears that al-Fayed is a convenient evil character and its equally as gratifying for some to put him in a main suspect role.

That doesnt' mean any of it is any way close to the truth but both theories provide people some level of gratification to muse over whether or not they are true.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #1079  
Old 02-08-2008, 11:53 AM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4 View Post
Jo of Palatine and TheTruth,
Regarding your theory that Fayed was behind Andanson's death, do you believe it was a coincidence that the method matched almost exactly what Andanson himself had described to acquaintences would be his way of doing away with himself? Or do you think Fayed was aware of what Andanson had said and took advantage of that in setting the scene?

(For the record, my own opinion is that Andanson did it himself.)
Yes, I must say it would be a great coincidence or an incredible spying work from Fayed to know how Andanson had envisaged the way of killing himself. But why fearing for your life and your family when you are not guilty of anything ? You can always be scared when you're innocent but committing suicide is rather a sign of disbelief and distrust in yourself.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #1080  
Old 02-08-2008, 12:35 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Yes, I must say it would be a great coincidence or an incredible spying work from Fayed to know how Andanson had envisaged the way of killing himself. But why fearing for your life and your family when you are not guilty of anything ? You can always be scared when you're innocent but committing suicide is rather a sign of disbelief and distrust in yourself.
If it was suicide, did Andanson have something to hid that he got so mentally sick that he took his own life? Did he have some answers to the accident, or was Diana his cash cow and now that she was gone, he was not making a good living?
__________________

__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Verdict of the Diana Inquest, April 2008, and aftermath wbenson Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 325 05-31-2012 07:33 PM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales, News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008 Warren Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 237 06-15-2008 06:18 AM
Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 6: April - October 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 212 10-07-2007 02:26 AM
The Late Princess Diana news thread 5: April - June 2007 sirhon11234 Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 210 06-06-2007 02:03 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]