The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only, unfortunately without a separate prosecution of Fayed, I don't believe a gagging order is possible. :flowers: I think the difference between those who want to believe it was murder and intelligent people like you, is that you seem to want to know the truth and have taken the time to read the Paget report and the inquest transcripts. Already some people are saying here in the UK, that even the inquest has been a giant cover up, that those who 'know' what happened were not called etc. When you 'push' them for their reasoning, it transpires that they have even the basic irrefutable facts wrong. :flowers:

Exactly! I have many friends who are like that. As for Mr. Fayed I do hope he just accepts the verdict I don't want to hear him anymore I respect he lost a son but many other people lost their loved ones that night sure it hurts but this has got to stop.

While I believe there was no direct hand/order by any member of the British royal family in the death of Diana and I entirely respect the diligence of the inquest/Paget report, I will keep and open mind that the remote possibility exists of a sinister element could have facilitated the accident in the Alma Tunnel that fateful night. There is no logical explanation for this gut feeling on my part.

Well that I don't mind as I had said earlier I respect people's opinions.:flowers: To tell you the truth I'm sure the idea will always linger in my mind, it's just something that's hard to get rid of once you've thought about but I honestly don't beleive BRF had anything to do with her death. Now when it comes to people like my friends who hear maybe one or two things relating to the accident and automatically come to the conclusion that it was murder, that's what I can't stand as I had previously said. I'm glad the coroner is speaking his mind about Mr. Fayed, Mr. Burrell and the continuation of the conspiracy theories, because it's true they will never go away but atleast this way we know they had a chance, couldn't prove it what else is there to do now...nothing really if it happened, it happened but will never been known, again with all we know I don't beleive so but anyways. Btw thanks for editing my post Warren I was meaning to do that but I was in a rush last night to finish my studies.

Last edited:
I am great admirer of "nothing but the truth" under oath so the fact that Paul Burrell rants he didn't tell the "whole truth" is amazing because he can't come back to UK without threat of being arrested (is this right?).. What he failed to factually clear up must be rather mind blowing to have placed such huge value on not being able to return to friends and family in UK...

I'm just sayin'...

I am great admirer of "nothing but the truth" under oath so the fact that Paul Burrell rants he didn't tell the "whole truth" is amazing because he can't come back to UK without threat of being arrested (is this right?).. What he failed to factually clear up must be rather mind blowing to have placed such huge value on not being able to return to friends and family in UK...

I'm just sayin'...

Probably it has to do with the information this Mr. Faux gave - that Burrell in fact took jewelery and papers from the late Diana. Okay, the lady testified on the inquest that she didn't keep anything safe for Burrell and that she was more the friend of Maria Burrell than of PB, but it is not implausible that when Paul or Maria asked her to store something for them, that she did it and now on knowing the background denies it.

So with these accusations hanging in the air and the fact that if he told all as it was, he would destroy the basis of his own business in the US, I tend to think he had enough of a motive for lying.

Plus if the coroner is a devoted monarchist, he must have been shocked by the breaking of trust on Burrell's side when it came to the princes. And once a person has a negative opinion of somebody he or she tend to be influenced by it - no matter how much they try for fairness. Not that I want to accuse the coroner of not being fair, but he was outspoken.

I'm just sayin'...

There's nothing stopping Paul Burrell from coming back to the UK, he isn't about to get arrested. There have been no charges laid against him, if a police investigation finds evidence of pergury then charges could be laid. At the moment he can come and go, in and out of the UK whenever he wants. His sons actually live in the US, his wife spends most of her time in the UK. Paul Burrell spends most of his time in the US as that's where he's making money and he doesn't face the same kind of ridicule that he does in the UK. More than likely that's why he won't go to the UK not because he fears being arrested. ( Which he won't be as he hasn't been charged with anything) If he does get charged then being in the US won't keep him out of the UK court system as he will just get extradited to face court in the UK.

As has already been stated, there is no warrant out for Burrells arrest, (although I live in hope), therefore no reason for him not to return here. So far there has not even been an investigation into a possible charge of perjury.

Mr Burrell clearly, IMO, lied when giving testimony, especially over the 'secret' note Diana wrote for him that he was unable to reveal.:rolleyes:

He was made to look a complete ass and by saying "I was very naughty and I made a couple of red herrings, and I couldn't help doing it", was hoping to keep himself saleable to the Tabloids and especially the US market.

It just went to show his intelligence that he couldn't even use the correct saying!

They should lock him up for perjury. Al Fayed can share his cell when they send him down for slander.

I am concerned that the Judge told the jury not to consider the "plot" only from the Al-Fayed standpoint. He will now scream that the jury wasn't allowed to consider the truth, blah, blah, blah, etc. He will never shut up now - not that he would have anyway, but perhaps having a jury decide against him would have held more credibility with him.

I am concerned that the Judge told the jury not to consider the "plot" only from the Al-Fayed standpoint. He will now scream that the jury wasn't allowed to consider the truth, blah, blah, blah, etc. He will never shut up now - not that he would have anyway, but perhaps having a jury decide against him would have held more credibility with him.

Spare me :rolleyes: That's why the duct tape and scissors need to be at the ready:bang:

So how long do they take to decide? Should we know by tomorrow or a little longer then that? Ya Fayed is so not going to stop that's why in the end maybe an open verdict is best but then again won't it get people talking....I guess at this point actually nothing will stop people so it's a lose lose situation...meh for me personally I've heard everything I need to and I beleive what I want to and I guess that's how it goes for everyone.

Btw I love how the articles(least the one's I've read) are making it seem as if the Coroner is pushing for an open verdict. Especially the way they wrote about Henri Paul's blood tests when clearly it's explained in the Pagat report.

Last edited:

During al-Fayed's testimony, he was asked if he was prepared to accept the verdict of the jury. Under oath al-Fayed stated that he would accept whatever the verdict the jury came up with. The Coroner in his summing up made sure he the jury were reminded, he told the jury that Mohammed al-Fayed had stated under oath that he would accept the verdict of the jury.

So how long do they take to decide? Should we know by tomorrow or a little longer then that? Ya Fayed is so not going to stop that's why in the end maybe an open verdict is best but then again won't it get people talking....I guess at this point actually nothing will stop people so it's a lose lose situation...meh for me personally I've heard everything I need to and I beleive what I want to and I guess that's how it goes for everyone.

Btw I love how the articles(least the one's I've read) are making it seem as if the Coroner is pushing for an open verdict. Especially the way they wrote about Henri Paul's blood tests when clearly it's explained in the Pagat report.
If the jury returns an open verdict, the speculation and rumours will never end.

I am hoping for a simple 'Accidental Death'. :flowers:

"During al-Fayed's testimony, he was asked if he was prepared to accept the verdict of the jury. Under oath al-Fayed stated that he would accept whatever the verdict the jury came up with. The Coroner in his summing up made sure he the jury were reminded, he told the jury that Mohammed al-Fayed had stated under oath that he would accept the verdict of the jury."

Yeah, right. Like that's going to happen. He will never believe it was an accident, because that would make him and his dim-witted son responsible for the death of Diana. He will charge "cover up" loudly and incessantly until he dies. And because he is so paranoid, any attempt to quash his rantings will (in his sick mind) be one more indication that Diana and Dodi were murdered, they are trying to silence him, they don't want the truth, etc. etc. etc., ad nauseam.

Can all of you believe that this is 79 pages long and STILL running?? :ohmy:

If the jury returns an open verdict, the speculation and rumours will never end.

I am hoping for a simple 'Accidental Death'.

Exactly, I too would like for it to just be an accidental death, but the way I see it is people will always beleive what they want to so it's sorta a lose lose situation. Ya there are some things we will never be able to prove about the crash but the bulk of evidence is there. While I don't see Mr Fayed stopping anytime soon I'd respect him alot more if he did accept the jury's verdict and let Diana's soul and his son's for that matter finally rest in peace, because this has gone on long enough what exactly would another inquest prove in his mind? Nothing it's 10 years on there's not much more info we can get out of this, we know what we know..and as I said before some things will never be known but that's just the way things go when it comes to something like this.

Last edited:

I am hoping for a simple 'Accidental Death'. :flowers:

I hope he'll use use words like "excessive speed", "alcohol" and "not wearing seat-belt", rather than "accident".

But why wouldn't the verdict be "accidental death"? The car crash was an accident and their deaths were a result of high speed, drunk driving, and not wearing seat-belts.

I hope he'll use use words like "excessive speed", "alcohol" and "not wearing seat-belt", rather than "accident".
I firmly believe it was a tragic accident.

Many people have driven, over the limit at high speed without a seatbelt and not been involved in a crash.

As has already been stated, there is no warrant out for Burrells arrest, (although I live in hope), therefore no reason for him not to return here. So far there has not even been an investigation into a possible charge of perjury.

Mr Burrell clearly, IMO, lied when giving testimony, especially over the 'secret' note Diana wrote for him that he was unable to reveal.:rolleyes:

He was made to look a complete ass and by saying "I was very naughty and I made a couple of red herrings, and I couldn't help doing it", was hoping to keep himself saleable to the Tabloids and especially the US market.

It just went to show his intelligence that he couldn't even use the correct saying!

I suspect we still haven't heard the last from Paul. Along with Al-Fayed, it was Paul going to the media with the "letter" in which Diana wrote about Charles alledgely tampering with her brakes which was another factor for the "need" for the inquest.

Paul has a group of friends and associates that promote his little cottage businesses and skim off their cream off the top. He has agents to handle his speaking enagagements and has made fast friends with some people like Dominic Dunne.

So I don't doubt Paul will write yet another book. He is the keeper to many secrets...not just about Diana, I'm afraid. :powfeathers:

I hope the verdict is soon.

So I don't doubt Paul will write yet another book. He is the keeper to many secrets...not just about Diana, I'm afraid. :powfeathers:
While he may like people to believe he is the keeper of secrets, I very much doubt he has very many secrets and even less that he can prove. I have to admit I never liked the ingratiating chuff but with his appearance at the inquest and the video, he really has made a complete ass of himself.

Accidental death--I still do not completely understand why the rantings of Al-Fayed were even taken seriously. It was tragic that she died so horrifically, it was tragic Dodi died in the same manner. But, let's end this thing. THat being said, is there an end in sight any time soon?

Accidental death--I still do not completely understand why the rantings of Al-Fayed were even taken seriously. It was tragic that she died so horrifically, it was tragic Dodi died in the same manner. But, let's end this thing. THat being said, is there an end in sight any time soon?

No matter what the mess Mr. Al-Fayed finds himself in, he has some sort of pyschological need to be seen with out blemish. This was made clear to me in an article at salon.com when a writer for Vanity Fair set out to write a positive piece on him and ended up digging up all sorts of secrets and plots that could be traced back to his involvement...some major and some minor.

Some of us forget Mr. Al-Fayed was involved in a major scandal prior to the election of May 1997 in England; so he "felt victimized"....and, I am sure some of that victimization led him to invite the Princess on holiday as sort of a way to thumb his nose back at the Establishment.

Having his son and the most famous woman in the world die under his security detail surely put the old man over the edge in many ways...so thus his campaign to vilify the royals (who weren't too happy having their crests hanging over the sign at Harrod's...but that's another cup of tea for another day) by accusing them of an act of double murder(I don't think Al-Fayed cared one bit about Henri Paul).... It's merely a back and forth slug fest and if certain groups can tarnish the Princess' name to make certain others look "better" or make a few quid off Diana's lovelife then all the better...

It's never going to be over with Al-Fayed or Burrell in the picture...I'm afraid.

My hope would be for a verdict which would allow Prince William and Prince Harry to sue Al-Fayed for wrongful death by not providing their mother with adequate security as she was riding in a car hired by the Ritz and driven by a Ritz employee...At least the could recoup some money their agents had to spend to close Diana's estate..and for pain and suffering......

Last edited:
No matter what the mess Mr. Al-Fayed finds himself in, he has some sort of pyschological need to be seen with out blemish. This was made clear to me in an article at salon.com when a writer for Vanity Fair set out to write a positive piece on him and ended up digging up all sorts of secrets and plots that could be traced back to his involvement...some major and some minor.

Some of us forget Mr. Al-Fayed was involved in a major scandal prior to the election of May 1997 in England; so he "felt victimized"....and, I am sure some of that victimization led him to invite the Princess on holiday as sort of a way to thumb his nose back at the Establishment.

Having his son and the most famous woman in the world die under his security detail surely put the old man over the edge in many ways...so thus his campaign to vilify the royals (who weren't too happy having their crests hanging over the sign at Harrod's...but that's another cup of tea for another day) by accusing them of an act of double murder(I don't think Al-Fayed cared one bit about Henri Paul).... It's merely a back and forth slug fest and if certain groups can tarnish the Princess' name to make certain others look "better" or make a few quid off Diana's lovelife then all the better...

It's never going to be over with Al-Fayed or Burrell in the picture...I'm afraid.

My hope would be for a verdict which would allow Prince William and Prince Harry to sue Al-Fayed for wrongful death by not providing their mother with adequate security as she was riding in a car hired by the Ritz and driven by a Ritz employee...At least the could recoup some money their agents had to spend to close Diana's estate..and for pain and suffering......

Pinkie--you have raised a point I have never even considered--the ability of hte Princes to sue the Ritz--I mean, they could win that easily. The driver was intoxicated, didn't have the proper training for dealing with the paparazzi in this type of situation, etc....Whether they do it or not is another question, but I think they should consider it. Unless the statute of limitations has run out--

It is a legal requirement for there to be an inquest after an individual's death.

Perhaps if the authorities had had the good sense to do this 10 years ago, we wouldn't be seeing the kind of shambles and farce that this event has turned into.

I'd be surprised if they sued the Ritz, because that would bring all this back into the public sphere again. All the testimony would have to be gone thru again about Henri Paul and who decided to have him drive, etc., etc. We'd all be doing this: :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Pinkie--you have raised a point I have never even considered--the ability of hte Princes to sue the Ritz--I mean, they could win that easily. The driver was intoxicated, didn't have the proper training for dealing with the paparazzi in this type of situation, etc....Whether they do it or not is another question, but I think they should consider it. Unless the statute of limitations has run out--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom