The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry I have to rant a little here so forgive me so I was telling my friend today about what's up with the inquest and she still beleives the establishment payed them to keep their mouths shut I was like please I doubt the establishment even has that much money to pay all the witnesses. Some people I truly beleive are delugional, I mean seriously the establishment turned the bodyguards and staff against Mr. Fayed please as if, I don't know I just can't see it happening especially with Trevor and especially after Mr. Fayed paid for his surgeries and medical bills. To turn your back on him unless he had a good reason which he did and IMO I don't think he would have turned his back on Mr. Fayed had the establishment payed him. He just doesn't strike me as that type of person but then again that's just my opinon. I just read back Kes' hearing transcription first off they were really hard on him so the man left out some details big deal it's probably hard to remember exactly what happened who said what where when etc and he really made me understand the mental state Mr. Fayed is and always has been in, it seems he's doing all this as revenge on Prince Phillip for some reason I don't know what though I mean think about from the minute he gets to Paris he thinks it was the establishment he comes up with the conspiracy program he tells them to fabricate a story about Diana and Dodi visiting the villa, (which they did) their so called "new home" because they were engaged and expecting a child(Diana had apparently heard about the pregnancy rumours before her death and was furious) thinking about it now there is absolutly no evidence anywhere to support his claim here and many others over the years.I guess really we're left to wonder aren't we still...no matter what the outcome. In reality some of the questions we have can and will never be answered. But why, why would he put the blame on Prince Philip and the establishment that I just don't understand, when he could have had a choice of so many other people. I don't really know the Fayed background, did they have some problems with the BRF in the past?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry I just had to ask this if Henri Paul really had so many drink wouldn't you be able to smell it on him? or is it just an effect on some people?

Old 01-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Sorry I just had to ask this if Henri Paul really had so many drink wouldn't you be able to smell it on him? or is it just an effect on some people?
Depends on what you drink. Wodka smells of nothing, Ricard (what he drank) smells as if you've eaten an anise bonbon for cleaner smell.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

So was it normal for Kes not to smell it on him?^
Old 01-31-2008, 04:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Someone who gave evidence in the last two days said Paul had been smoking lots of smelly little cigar thingies, and they could have overpowered the smell of the alcohol.

I'm not sure about vodka. My experience has been that if enough is consumed, a smell of alcohol can be detected on the person who drank it.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Someone who gave evidence in the last two days said Paul had been smoking lots of smelly little cigar thingies, and they could have overpowered the smell of the alcohol.

I'm not sure about vodka. My experience has been that if enough is consumed, a smell of alcohol can be detected on the person who drank it.
Problem is: how does alcohol smell? Pure alcohol has a sweetish but very neutral smell to it once the stingyness has gone. So what you smell are the other aromas connected with the alcohol. For example: Wodka is being destilled till it has only 30 mg aromatic substances per liter in it. Whisk)e)y or Cognac have around 2600 mg aromatic substances per liter. Other than cognac or whisk(e)y or Rum to name a few spirits, Wodka is not defined as a spirit destilled from a certain fermented fruit or vegetable (like grapes for cognac or sugar cane for rum) but defined as a spirit with less than 30 mg of aromatic substances per liter. So you can redestill any spirit into wodka on reducing the amount of aromatic substances till you have les sthan 30 mg. From that moment it is officially wodka.

As for the amount of aromatic substances: the less are in it, the less it smells. It's the same with parfume: Eau de Toilette has much less of the aromatic substances in it than Eau der Parfum or pure Parfum, so you normally use less Eau de Parfum than Eau deToilette to achieve the same effect. So if Henri Paul had smoked and drunk, you normally are not able to smell that. Especially not in a smoky environment like a hotel bar or a hotel corridor or lift in a posh hotel where parfumes are used to make the rooms smell of luxury.

And once in the car after having been together for a while it's not longer possible to smell it because you have adapted already to a person's individual smell. Plus I guess Diana used parfume and Dodi and the other men an Eau de Cologne (which has by the way even less aromatic content then Eau de Toilette). The Original Eau de Cologne, which was created in the German town of Cologne (Köln) is today still produced by the family of inventor Farina (from their webpage at FARINA GEGENUEBER since 1709 The world´s oldest fragrance company - Johann Maria Farina gegenüber dem Jülichs-Platz seit 1709)

JOHANN MARIA FARINA established the oldest Eau de Cologne Manufactory opposite Jülichs-place in Cologne.
Johann Maria Farina names his matchless elixir
EAU DE COLOGNE in honour of his new home (Water of Cologne).
He thus made Cologne famous as a city of perfume.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I'm sorry I have to rant a little here so forgive me so I was telling my friend today about what's up with the inquest and she still beleives the establishment payed them to keep their mouths shut I was like please I doubt the establishment even has that much money to pay all the witnesses. Some people I truly beleive are delugional, I mean seriously the establishment turned the bodyguards and staff against Mr. Fayed please as if, I don't know I just can't see it happening especially with Trevor and especially after Mr. Fayed paid for his surgeries and medical bills. To turn your back on him unless he had a good reason which he did and IMO I don't think he would have turned his back on Mr. Fayed had the establishment payed him. He just doesn't strike me as that type of person but then again that's just my opinon. I just read back Kes' hearing transcription first off they were really hard on him so the man left out some details big deal it's probably hard to remember exactly what happened who said what where when etc and he really made me understand the mental state Mr. Fayed is and always has been in, it seems he's doing all this as revenge on Prince Phillip for some reason I don't know what though I mean think about from the minute he gets to Paris he thinks it was the establishment he comes up with the conspiracy program he tells them to fabricate a story about Diana and Dodi visiting the villa, (which they did) their so called "new home" because they were engaged and expecting a child(Diana had apparently heard about the pregnancy rumours before her death and was furious) thinking about it now there is absolutly no evidence anywhere to support his claim here and many others over the years.I guess really we're left to wonder aren't we still...no matter what the outcome. In reality some of the questions we have can and will never be answered. But why, why would he put the blame on Prince Philip and the establishment that I just don't understand, when he could have had a choice of so many other people. I don't really know the Fayed background, did they have some problems with the BRF in the past?
al-Fayed's complaint with the British establishment is that he's been trying to get a British passport for years and he's been denied every time. He's also tried to become accepted in British society from long before Diana and he's been rebuffed. As the pinnacle of British society, the Queen and the Royal Family have long been a target for his anger. He's had some shoddy business dealings before but I do think a lot of the underlying reasons for this rebuff is racism unfortunately.

It doesn't make al-Fayed any nicer though. I think he is rather seedy no matter what race he was but I do think his race played a part in his lack of reception.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
In the remaining weeks of the inquest, will there be a questioning of such entities such as the IRA, etc., to rule out the possibility that Diana was a target of assassintion by a terroristic faction known to focus on the British Royals?
Who would they question from the IRA. It was a terrorist organisation and although they killed Mountbatten, they would have no wish to turn the US and a lot of their own supporters against them by killing Diana.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
al-Fayed's complaint with the British establishment is that he's been trying to get a British passport for years and he's been denied every time. He's also tried to become accepted in British society from long before Diana and he's been rebuffed. As the pinnacle of British society, the Queen and the Royal Family have long been a target for his anger. He's had some shoddy business dealings before but I do think a lot of the underlying reasons for this rebuff is racism unfortunately.
I don't feel it had anything to do with his race, Having had the misfortune to meet the man on more than one occasion, he really strikes you as not nice and very much a social climber, to put it sweetly. He is so busy telling you what he has done for charities, he cheapens the whole thing, IMO.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I think he did dress her. Isn't there a law or a protocol stuff where it's said that a Royal must be dressed by an official person ? But since Diana was no longer a member of the RF, it may have been difficult to do everything conventionally. Here's a link (THE BURRELL CASE: PROFILE - Paul Burrell ; Loyal to the end, a `rock' | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET.com) where you can read :
If you read "The Day Diana Died" chapter one, author Mr. Anderson describes, the nurse on duty, Ms Humbert's description of Diana, Princess of Wales and what happen to her body at the hospital. She and another nurse dressed Diana in a borrowed dress from British Ambassbor Jay's wife, Sylvia. The undertakers fixed Diana's makeup and hair.

Mr. Burrell was in shock and could do nothing at the hospital. Maybe Burrell dressed Diana In England with her Catherine Walker dress?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I've found him to be just so incredibly nasty about people. He publicly called Diana's mother a "snob" for not speaking to him during one of the early hearings, and he accused Prince Philip of being a "Nazi" because he had German relations. I'm surprised that he hasn't been sued many times if this is the way he normally degrades people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I don't feel it had anything to do with his race, Having had the misfortune to meet the man on more than one occasion, he really strikes you as not nice and very much a social climber, to put it sweetly. He is so busy telling you what he has done for charities, he cheapens the whole thing, IMO.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm sorry. Very distasteful, that!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Diana Inquest: Expert doubts blood sample from driver was genuine - Yahoo! Canada News

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 01-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, even if the French tampered with the sample and made three out of one it doesn't change the fact that the blood was DNA-tested and contained the alcohol.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I'm sorry. Very distasteful, that!
No need to apologise, I thought I was being incredibly polite, why do you think it distasteful?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post

It doesn't make al-Fayed any nicer though. I think he is rather seedy no matter what race he was but I do think his race played a part in his lack of reception.
Ahh that makes sense. If the blood was Dna tested sorry I'm going a bit off topic then why don't his parents accept that? But of course and I'm not one to doubt DNA but there is that odd thought that came to my mind what if they used the "wrong" blood sample for alcohol testing and the "real" one for the DNA is that even possible? I'd love to see the documents proving it thought just out of curiosity again I'm not doubting it just curious.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
I agree with you on his character but I do believe that the reaction to him is in someway tied to his race.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh, so you met him before Skydragon?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No need to apologise, I thought I was being incredibly polite, why do you think it distasteful?
When somebody has to keep building themselves up to look good, I get just the opposite feeling. It reminds me of some of our politicians stumping right now. I just get a feeling like I have to take a shower or something, you know?
I'm sure you were very polite!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Ahh that makes sense. If the blood was Dna tested sorry I'm going a bit off topic then why don't his parents accept that? But of course and I'm not one to doubt DNA but there is that odd thought that came to my mind what if they used the "wrong" blood sample for alcohol testing and the "real" one for the DNA is that even possible? I'd love to see the documents proving it thought just out of curiosity again I'm not doubting it just curious.
The thing is that AFAIK Henri Paul had an alcohol problem and was taking medication against it or should have been taking them. When they tested the blood they found alcohol in it but no trace of these medications - for me this is nothing to be suspicious about, as most alcoholics have times where they don't take their medication and fall back into old habits. And he drank the two Ricards... pineapple juice in the Ricard-glass? Come on!

Plus the way he behaved in the hotel shows that he was exited, full of adrenaline, he seemed to get a kick out of that situation and that added surely to the way he was driving. Witnesses have already told that he was prone to reckless driving, Dodi and Diana probably wanted to go home ASAP and thus there are enough reasons why the accident happened.

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana