The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am assuming Paul has a sinister motive with his unique knowledge he retains. He does retain a huge resentment for the way he was treated by his ordeal/trial...He knows what he is doing. He may be trying to discredit a particular member of the royal family...and I wouldn't put it past him that he is trying to extort a huge amount of cash from this certain royal in payment for his "silence"....Paul's actions are a Godsend for Al-Fayed's team.

I can't help thinking about the Dutch young man Joran van der Sloot who was being questioned in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, he too was caught on tape "confessing" then said he was lying much like Paul Burrell's situation. It's not a good way to earn the credibility they seem to insist upon.

The only thing left that I can't understand is in the CCTV images at one point I don't remember what time it was but Henri Paul comes from the rear exit and waves the papz over apparently. Why would he do that could he have been waving at someone else and it was just wrongly taken. I think that's even how Operation Pagat described it at some point, can't remember which chapter it was under.

I can't help thinking about the Dutch young man Joran van der Sloot who was being questioned in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, he too was caught on tape "confessing" then said he was lying much like Paul Burrell's situation. It's not a good way to earn the credibility they seem to insist upon.

Paul discredits himself by tying to be someone he is not. Granted, here in America, theoretically, anyone can become anything and rise to a higher station in life, yet, for a royal butler to have or indirectly assume to have achieved a level of status (simply by association) or importance of that of his former employer is a situation highly frowned upon by the royal family...

And then to publically implicate a high ranking royal in any way to the death of someone close to that high ranking royal is actually, in my reasoning, committing a grevious act of supreme disloyalty to The Crown.

I believe with my whole heart Paul "knows" more than he is saying but he is playing a game with the royals and is not going to win...So he needs to end his hijinks, come back to England post haste and face the court with courage because he has a wife and sons to think about.

The question for me is: Why wasn't Burrell offered another position with a member of the Royal Family after Diana's death? Even if he was considered an ally of Diana's, he had been in Royal Service since before she had even arrived on the scene and his abilities would have been known. Perhaps he was considered a bit of a shady character in spite of his Royal Victorian Order.

I am assuming Paul has a sinister motive with his unique knowledge he retains. He does retain a huge resentment for the way he was treated by his ordeal/trial...He knows what he is doing.

The question for me is: Why wasn't Burrell offered another position with a member of the Royal Family after Diana's death? Even if he was considered an ally of Diana's, he had been in Royal Service since before she had even arrived on the scene and his abilities would have been known. Perhaps he was considered a bit of a shady character in spite of his Royal Victorian Order.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't think he was trusted by the RF for even being in Diana's camp in the first place. He was publicly outside of his butler role for years before Diana's death and his close relationship with her was well known. He seemed to wear out his welcome with the Spencer family pretty quickly as well. As an aside, he has apparently removed his video promoting himself from "youtube."

Mr Martinez said Mr Rat was "in a state of shock" and telling people to only take pictures of the car.

Mr Benhamou said: "Rat was panic-stricken. He realised that it was serious. I think he actually spoke to the police about it."

Wasn't Rat the one who tried to sell the crash pictures (Paparazzo tried to sell Diana crash pics - SBS World News Australia) and now he says he was the one to tell the paparazzi to back off ... right :rolleyes:.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't think he was trusted by the RF for even being in Diana's camp in the first place. He was publicly outside of his butler role for years before Diana's death and his close relationship with her was well known. He seemed to wear out his welcome with the Spencer family pretty quickly as well. As an aside, he has apparently removed his video promoting himself from "youtube."

Still it mght have behooved the Royal Family to keep him employed within their ranks. As the saying goes -- keep your friends close and your enemes closer.

Cat

I believe with my whole heart Paul "knows" more than he is saying but he is playing a game with the royals and is not going to win...So he needs to end his hijinks, come back to England post haste and face the court with courage because he has a wife and sons to think about.

i agree that he knows more and have thought this for a while now. it will be interesting to see what happens first - if he cashes in on his further knowledge or it damages someone

Intresting based on what happened today in court ( I just read little articles haven't see the trasncripts) I'm starting to wonder why in the heck did Mr. Paul drive so fast well besides the fact he was drunk. My mom when she was in her teens got drunk out of her mind one night and got home just fine, even parked the car perfectly but she didn't understand how she got home till later on, she didn't speed or anything. The more I think about it the more I think the paparazzi made him speed, possibly Diana or Dodi persuading him to go faster. I think at that point Trevor was too scared,to say much to Dodi or Mr. Paul despite what he has said he would have done.

Definitly. I think his friend I forgot his name had said in the past he may have been nervous which caused him to act in that show off way. Although I do think Dodi along with the paparzzi probably helped lol

Last edited:
Intresting based on what happened today in court ( I just read little articles haven't see the trasncripts) I'm starting to wonder why in the heck did Mr. Paul drive so fast well besides the fact he was drunk. My mom when she was in her teens got drunk out of her mind one night and got home just fine, even parked the car perfectly but she didn't understand how she got home till later on, she didn't speed or anything. The more I think about it the more I think the paparazzi made him speed, possibly Diana or Dodi persuading him to go faster. I think at that point Trevor was too scared,to say much to Dodi or Mr. Paul despite what he has said he would have done.
Indeed! I read an article not too long ago that stated facts that drunk drivers tended to drive SLOWER than normal to ensure their safety. They also were inconsistent with their speed, tending to speed up to traffic, then slow down again.
The point you make and the one below yours are good!

Yes, that's one of the most probable theories. Dodi was sick of the paparazzi and as for Diana, I guess she was getting more and more impatient of their behavior. However, in Bradford's biography, it looks like Diana was scared of speed. When Dodi and her were visiting the Duke and Duchess of Windsor's manor in Paris, some paparazzi on bikes were chasing them but apparently Diana told the chauffeur to be careful not to hurt anyone and not to go too fast. Anger may have changed her mind, though.

^Yes, exactly. I have seen that part of their day in Paris on a film actually and she says something like "slow down someone's going to get killed!" I'm assuming they took it from that biography.

My question of the day:
(I know I ask alot of questions)
I still don't understand what Dodi was planning to tell all these people he apparently phoned on the 29th. What would the surprise be besides an engagement...I can't picture it as being anything else just based on how they all describe it.. I don't know I just somehow can't see her wanting to be re-married as it's been stated before so I just don't see how Dodi could have possibly considered it at that point, unless it was under daddy's order.

Last edited:
I was a fan of Paul Burrell until I saw him spewing about not telling the truth. He ruined the inquest for me. He should have told the truth...whatever it was and whomever it might have involved. He makes me ill that he continues to tread in a tawdry manner peddling his "goods" using his ties to the Royal Family...especially the Princess. Had he followed a path like Darren McGrady who is a private chef for a local family..He could have had a decent career, stable life and events that would have honored the memory of his employer.

I think that I changed my mind about Paul Burrell when I saw him interviewed after his first book came out and there seemed to be something "not right" about him.

I was a fan of Paul Burrell until I saw him spewing about not telling the truth. He ruined the inquest for me. He should have told the truth...whatever it was and whomever it might have involved. He makes me ill that he continues to tread in a tawdry manner peddling his "goods" using his ties to the Royal Family...especially the Princess. Had he followed a path like Darren McGrady who is a private chef for a local family..He could have had a decent career, stable life and events that would have honored the memory of his employer.

I am shocked and amazed by Paul's silence in this matter.

I realized something one of the statements read out yesterday were brand new literally just given days ago. I didn't recognize the name from Operation Pagat so I checked out the day of the statement and I realized it's brand new hmm intresting and after all these years they finally decided to file a statement.

I found an article on it here it is:
Princess Diana Remembered : Dodi had planned to make 'very important' announcement two days after fatal Diana crash

Inquest witnesses end next week

Princess Diana Remembered : Testimony in Princess Diana death inquest to end next week

Last edited:
My question of the day:
(I know I ask alot of questions)
I still don't understand what Dodi was planning to tell all these people he apparently phoned on the 29th. What would the surprise be besides an engagement...I can't picture it as being anything else just based on how they all describe it.. I don't know I just somehow can't see her wanting to be re-married as it's been stated before so I just don't see how Dodi could have possibly considered it at that point, unless it was under daddy's order.
It could have been that Diana had agreed to help him and his father with a charitable foundation or even appear in one of his films. If it is true that he spoke to a friend and said he had something important to tell her, it might not have had anything to do with Diana at all! :D

If he was planning to ask Diana to marry him, there is no guarantee that she would have said yes. She would have wanted to speak to the boys first and see how they felt before shouting to the press, it would also have been something she would have to discuss with HM before announcing, which is one of the reasons, I doubt an engagement had anything to do with Diana's 'watch me' to the press.

We've been so imbued with Fayed's "engagement" stories for so long that it's the first thing we think of, even if we don't really believe it!

We've been so imbued with Fayed's "engagement" stories for so long that it's the first thing we think of, even if we don't really believe it!

And I think that's what happened to Barbara Broccoli as well, if her statement is true at all. Could be that she needs a bit of Fayed's money for a new project...

Everyone except Mo Fayed has said they assumed the couple planned to announce their engagement. Perhaps the only one who is not afraid of a perjury charge is Mo? He does have the money to fight such a charge, after all. I wonder if the phone records were checked regarding these phone calls? At any rate, assuming something doesn't make it so, (I do it all the time with very bad results) and I'm sure the jury will weigh in the fact that no one except Mo actually said Dodi or Diana told them they were engaged. Since the ring was supposedly discovered in Dodi's apartment and not on Diana's finger, I seriously doubt Dodi had even proposed. And I doubt he would have given her that awful, gaudy ring as an engagement ring unless he had even less taste than his father (which is possible but one would hope not:D).

While Diana could be flighty, it is doubtful she would have entertained the idea of marrying a man she had known such a short time. She knew very well her position as the mother of the future King came with a lot of responsibility and she would never take that lightly. She may have taunted the press with her "watch what I do next" remark, but I think that was merely her way of keeping the spotlight on her, I doubt it was indicative of any future plans with Dodi.

I am delighted the testimony will end this week, it seems this inquest has been going on forever! I know it may be weeks after that before we hear from the jury as they have a ton of testimony to wade through and ponder, still the end is near!

Cat

still the end is near!

Cat
Please tell me you were touching wood when you wrote that! :lol: We may then have to wait for a few more years while Fayed appeals the verdict a few times! :eek:

Please tell me you were touching wood when you wrote that! :lol: We may then have to wait for a few more years while Fayed appeals the verdict a few times! :eek:
Bite your tongue! Chew it out of your head even!:eek: My feet were propped on an ottoman with wooden legs -- does that count?:D

I know Fayed is likely to appeal the verdict if he doesn't like it, but it is unlikely to be overturned and I doubt (knock on wood) a new inquest will be ordered by any court on appeal. Once the verdict is rendered the 11 jurors can return to their normal lives and the rest of us can discuss other things - like what's for dinner.:flowers:

Cat

You guys are so right even with me it's been so implanted into our brains about the engagement that's the first thing we all think of...it's terrible really. And my god poor jury I'd be soo confused if I was them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom