The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Why would you like to have this info? For what purpose? She was not poisoned, wasn't she?
I think in a case like this, conspiracy theories are going to know no bounds. Poisoning by British Establishment agents within the hospital will just be tagged onto deliberately causing the crash, taking a long time to get Diana out of the car, delaying her arrival at the hospital, and all the other reasons why this couldn't possibly have been an accident. It doesn't matter what conclusions are drawn by the inquest, it won't satisfy the people who know deep in their bones that Diana was murdered. That's the tragic wastefulness of it all - at the end of the day if the verdict is accidental death, it won't change Mohamed Fayed's mind one iota, he'll just add the judge to the ever-increasing list of people who were in on the conspiracy.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhontella View Post
Given her level of fame, I'm surprised that someone didn't collect her blood to sell as souvenir samples.
Any pervert who tried to sell her blood would be prosecuted I would think. I can't imagine anyone in a hospital even thinking of that, too weird!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
I'm not a fan of Burrell but in this case I think he's just being extra careful to tell the exact truth under oath and he probably didn't see the original program from end to end but saw clips in news programs that discussed it.

I do think that because this is a legal proceeding that people are just being extra careful to only say the exact truth even though it sounds a little odd.
I certainly agree with what you say about people, including Burrell, being extra careful to say the exact truth. I'm just staggered he hasn't seen the interview.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Courtier

A word about embalming......

I have no idea what the laws in France and England are, but in Australia, it is a strict requirement of law that bodies which are to be transported by air, throughout this country or overseas, must be embalmed first and carried in a lead-lined coffin or casket. As this is an uncompromising health issue, I cannot believe that it isn't standard practice in many other countries as well.

I think that the embalming issue is a diversionary tactic and just so much nonsense. What! Did the authorities think that Diana would be taken home on a train, or a boat, or a lorry? Of course they knew that she'd be flown back to the UK.

At the time of Diana's death, her next of kin was her mother. If Mrs Shand-Kydd, also one of Diana's three executors, didn't rail at the decision to embalm her daughter then it's no one else's business, in my humble opinion.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
A word about embalming......

I have no idea what the laws in France and England are, but in Australia, it is a strict requirement of law that bodies which are to be transported by air, throughout this country or overseas, must be embalmed first and carried in a lead-lined coffin or casket. As this is an uncompromising health issue, I cannot believe that it isn't standard practice in many other countries as well.
It is not required that a body be embalmed if it is being flown out of the country that same day, and that applies doubly when a full autopsy is planned in the home country as it was with Diana. The only thing the inquest showed was a lack of communication about the laws and about the intentions of (supposedly) doing a full autopsy by the British coroner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
At the time of Diana's death, her next of kin was her mother. If Mrs Shand-Kydd, also one of Diana's three executors, didn't rail at the decision to embalm her daughter then it's no one else's business...
Mrs. Shand-Kydd did not rail at the decision to embalm because she did not know about it. Even Charles didn't know -- he brought his embalmers to do the job right after the French embalmer had finished the job.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think railing can also be done after the fact.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I think railing can also be done after the fact.
Well, like you said, wolves take better care of their offspring than the Spencers did.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm a little bit lazy to check but so far how many people have claimed Dodi and Diana's relationship was "serious" compard to how many people have said it was just a "summer fling" I think I'd be intresting to see. I also wanted to ask is the ring Burell refering to the one he gave her before the crash? Not the so called engagement ring. I had read she had 2 the one he was planning to give her that night apparently and the one she wore on her middle finger I beleive. As for HM abidacting, even if they were still married back in April 96 weren't they in the process of divorcing so maybe it was in her mind. I dunno that's how I see it, if it was true, but you guys are right it could have just been a set up to see what would happen.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The Queen abdicating the winter of 1996! That is impossible even to consider after the Panorama interview.

Why do I think that Burrell encouraged every depressing, mean, or nasty thought that Diana had?

And I agree with others who say that he certainly is enjoying his day in court.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
'Charles was love of Diana's life' - Yahoo! News UK

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Any pervert who tried to sell her blood would be prosecuted I would think. I can't imagine anyone in a hospital even thinking of that, too weird!
Even back in 1997, there would be a greater chance in a hospital of finding people who knew about the glories of DNA and the potential for cloning from only a small vial of blood. Anybody ready for a cloned Diana?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
The Queen abdicating the winter of 1996! That is impossible even to consider after the Panorama interview.

Why do I think that Burrell encouraged every depressing, mean, or nasty thought that Diana had?

And I agree with others who say that he certainly is enjoying his day in court.
Actually I had never thought about the Panorama interview, good point! I dunno I kinda think at that point Diana beleived alot of things she heard, I think she felt very frightened because of alot that was going on at that time obviously.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Royal Highness

Oh, what a circus at the Diana inquest
January 19

It had been a routine day at the inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Dodi Fayed.

Oh, what a circus at the Diana inquest - Telegraph

Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
Old 01-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Gentry

Thanks for that link milla Ca.

It is indeed a circus as this short extract shows.

''Looking on are the regulars, like John. Each morning John rises at dawn and paints the name "Diana" across his forehead and "Dodi" on his cheeks - two letters on each. He is usually the first into court with his photo album for witnesses to sign, which he says will be sold for charity.''
Old 01-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous Fake View Post
Thanks for that link milla Ca.

It is indeed a circus as this short extract shows.

''Looking on are the regulars, like John. Each morning John rises at dawn and paints the name "Diana" across his forehead and "Dodi" on his cheeks - two letters on each. He is usually the first into court with his photo album for witnesses to sign, which he says will be sold for charity.''
I thought this one was even worse!
Quote:
The woman standing on her own was well-spoken, dressed smartly and in her late sixties or early seventies.
She was there, she explained, because of a personal interest in the case.
But first, could she say how annoyed she was about a newspaper article alleging that the public gallery, and the marquee erected in a courtyard for the overspill, were full of "weirdos"?
Some attendees, she said, were considering an action for libel against the publication in question - before adding that she herself was being stalked by men from MI6 intent on killing her.
Just think, people like this are walking the streets!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Charles have a relationship with Tiggy?

Quote:
This story from Diana's "close friend": Lucia Flecha de Lima's testimony during the inquest was disrespectful towards Diana in every way. My guess is that after Diana died, friends such as these did not want to be on the wrong side of the British Royal Family.
Mrs. Flecha de Lima spoke on oath. As wife of an ambassador this must mean something for her, so I believe she spoke the truth as she understands it. We have heard from several witnesses that Mrs. Flecha de Lima was really a substitute for a mother for Diana. So if she says that's what Diana told her, then we have to believe her, IMHO. Especially as it's not the first time Diana had upstaged Charles, so this was a set-up she had done before.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Mrs. Flecha de Lima spoke on oath. As wife of an ambassador this must mean something for her, so I believe she spoke the truth as she understands it. We have heard from several witnesses that Mrs. Flecha de Lima was really a substitute for a mother for Diana. So if she says that's what Diana told her, then we have to believe her...
There was no reason that Ms. de Lima had to testify about how unpleasant her "good friend" Diana was. There was no legal requirement for that at all. This was also the friend who introduced Diana to that M16 plant Monckton, since poor Diana had no other British friends. It's little wonder that Diana could not trust her so-called friends.

Taking an oath means nothing to many people, and I think Ms. De Lima is one of those people. If she really wanted to tell the truth she would have told the whole truth, and not just the diss-Diana part.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
There was no reason that Ms. de Lima had to testify about how unpleasant her "good friend" Diana was. There was no legal requirement for that at all. This was also the friend who introduced Diana to that M16 plant Monckton, since poor Diana had no other British friends. It's little wonder that Diana could not trust her so-called friends.
Flecha de Lima was selected to testify, many were not. Once under oath you are required to answer the questions put to you, honestly and to the best of your ability. She probably found herself trying to make Diana sound nicer.

Where is your evidence, a link perhaps, that Rosa was a MI6 plant?

Diana had no British friends because of the way she treated them, friendship takes effort from more than one side, but I expect Camilla got to all of them as well!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Taking an oath means nothing to many people, and I think Ms. De Lima is one of those people. If she really wanted to tell the truth she would have told the whole truth, and not just the diss-Diana part.
Mrs. Flecha de Lima had to answer questions that were posed to her. She chose to tell the truth, obvioulsy. And I don't recall her having bad-mouthed Diana at all. Plus: Why should the wife of the Brazilian ambassador plant an MI6 agent on Diana (I bet she was surrounded by them, but they were not Rosa Monckton - that's my opinion, of course!)?
With the way Diana conducted her friendships and confidences, I wonder why the whole media scene was not planting people close to Diana....
The very idea to trust a Simone Simmons.... !
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

In discussions about some testimony in the inquest, the subject of Tiggy Legge-Bourke came up which ensued a vigorous and sometimes confusing debate among members. We don't want to censor healthy debate but they need to be easy to follow and show respect among members and others.

In the interest of encouraging healthy debate, I will open a new thread to debate whether Charles and Tiggy had intimate relationships and at that time will re-open this thread for all other Inquest related discussions.

ysbel
British forum moderator

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana