The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
If your sick of the Princess of Wales why are you on her thread then?
I think that what CasiraghiTrio was trying to say is that she is sick of all the fuss being made around them because of this Inquest. I must confess that I'm also getting tired of all the speculations being brought up again, 10 years later.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 12-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
To put this into perspective the other headline would be:

Princess Diana letter: 'Charles plans to marry Tiggy!'

Both are equally absurd.
I wonder if Tiggy was ever aware of Charles intention to marry her!

'My husband is planning an accident in my car': Diana's sensational letter is revealed in full | the Daily Mail
But Lucia Flecha da Lima, one of the witnesses at the inquest, told the jury she believed Mr Burrell was "perfectly capable" of imitating the princess's handwriting and that the letter was a fake

Old 12-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I think that what CasiraghiTrio was trying to say is that she is sick of all the fuss being made around them because of this Inquest. I must confess that I'm also getting tried of all the speculations being brought up again, 10 years later.
This inquest has been long overdue and the speculations are just irritating.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
This thread is about Diana's Inquest and not a war to decide if someone has got the truth to justify or critize her decisions and way of living. And how come Camilla's name has to appear here ? She's not summoned, is she ? It's like an obsession to always place the Duchess's name in the conversation each time something compromising is said about Diana. It's so funny how people change subject ... . Whatever, just my opinion anyway.

Diana planned move abroad - Yahoo! News UK
You are right, though. It's not just your opinion because it is a truth, like your name. TheTruth speaks the The Truth. I am sorry for my part, however big or small, in the derailing of the thread.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Apart from the fact that you have of course a right to your own opinion - where is the reliable source for your statements? Charles at least got a degree - while Diana did not even pass A-levels, but prefered to clean other people's homes, look after other people's kids till she married
I know a lot of people without a college or graduate degree that later in live were very sucessful. Bill Gates to name one.

Quote:
and employed someone else to clean for her and lookafter her kids while she prepared herself to dazzle the world
She did have nannies, but from what I read she was hands on with her children more then an royal before her. She even got jealous of one of her nannies and Tiggy over how to raise her two boys. Also, Diana worked her royal duties around her boys schedule. So I don't think she was just prepared herself to dazzel the world. And at her memorial this year Prince Harry said, "She was the best mom we could have had."

Quote:
she prepared herself to dazzle the world while her husband tried to use his position to make people aware of the problems of his time.
Princess Diana was a very attractive woman. but didn't she also make people aware of AIDS, LANDMINES, etc. which to me our major problems of the time.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
You are right, though. It's not just your opinion because it is a truth, like your name. TheTruth speaks the The Truth. I am sorry for my part, however big or small, in the derailing of the thread.
Lol, I wish . I'm as well sorry but what is making me angry is not the fact that we change or derail of subject but the fact that we start to blame Camilla or anyone else just because we refuse to accept the errors of a human being ! What makes me laugh out loud is that most of Diana's admirers, fans, etc. claim she was a human being afterall but put the blame on another human being. If they truly believe she could do mistakes and be everything but perfect, why they don't accept her ?

-------
Diana chauffeur "staggering like a clown" - Yahoo! News UK

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Seems we all have different opinions when it comes to how much their intellectual background affected their marriage but that's alright. Plus this is about Diana's inquest not her marriage.

Quote:
while she prepared herself to dazzle the world while her husband tried to use his position to make people aware of the problems of his time.
I just have one thing to say, didn't Diana too help make so many people aware of many problems going on around the world at that time not just Charles?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I wonder if Tiggy was ever aware of Charles intention to marry her!

But Lucia Flecha da Lima, one of the witnesses at the inquest, told the jury she believed Mr Burrell was "perfectly capable" of imitating the princess's handwriting and that the letter was a fake
Whereas I certainly wouldn't put anything past Paul Burrell, who, in my opinion, is a highly equivocal 'gentleman', Diana did repeat this to her solicitor, too, according to reports which I've read.

As for Diana's belief that her husband wanted to marry Tiggy, I can only think that there was so much ill-will between the two that Diana became a touch paranoid. I remember, very clearly, reading that the difficulty was that Tiggy, quite inappropriately, constantly alluded to the young princes as 'my boys'. Indeed, so I believe, she was eventually asked to desist and to refer to them only as 'the princes' or 'their royal highnesses'. In this, I must say, I'm completely in sympathy with Diana. As I mother, I would be exceptionally peeved if anyone claimed proprietorship over my children. I wondered, too, at the time, why Tiggy felt so comfortable in being able to insinuate such familiarity.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I know a lot of people without a college or graduate degree that later in live were very sucessful. Bill Gates to name one.
Nobody ever likened Bill Gates to a wooden top. Even teachers at his school said he was intelligent.
Quote:
She did have nannies, but from what I read she was hands on with her children more then an royal before her. She even got jealous of one of her nannies and Tiggy over how to raise her two boys. Also, Diana worked her royal duties around her boys schedule."
Diana fell out with all sorts of staff, apparently, especially anyone she thought might be usurping her 'best friend' position with the boys. Princess Anne was very hands on, so I think it a little unfair to say any royal before her. Certainly she was more hands on than the previous generation.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
SHORTENED......In this, I must say, I'm completely in sympathy with Diana. As I mother, I would be exceptionally peeved if anyone claimed proprietorship over my children. I wondered, too, at the time, why Tiggy felt so comfortable in being able to insinuate such familiarity.
Having had nannies as a child and as a parent, for my children, I don't have a problem with it. Children are normally able to differentiate between the nannie and Mummy.

Tiggy's grandmother was a lady in waiting to HM, thus the ties of friendship went back some years.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressida View Post
She was in love with Charles. I don't think she ever thought he was worthless, I think she admired him
How do you know that? Did you see any signs that Diana loved Charles other than the fact that she agreed to marry him? She herself said she wanted to back out of the marriage before it happened but her sisters told her that her face was already on the tea towels. Does that sound like the sign of a woman in love?

What would there be in Charles for Diana to fall in love with if you compare him with the other men that Diana fell in love with. I think its fair to say she fell in love with James Hewitt and Will Carling and both were charming, dashing, personable men who could seduce women off their feet. If she wasn't in love with Dodi she was certainly attracted to Dodi and he had the aura of sweeping women off their feet. This was the type of man that Diana fell in love with and in the department of charms, Charles never could compete with the likes of James Hewitt and Will Carling.

You're right, Charles is not a good communicator. Even his best friends has said that he is well-meaning but he often fumbles for words and says the wrong thing at the wrong time. Yet for Diana who was an exceptional gifted communicator, don't you think its ironic that she ended up married with someone who definitely was not? For Charles was the only man Diana was linked to who was not a charming personality.

With Diana's attraction to charming, suave men, what would Charles have to offer her to sweep her off her feet? Only his title, the Prince of Wales. Himself personally, Charles would have nothing to offer to a woman who wants to be seduced and swept off her feet. He's not that type of man.

That didn't bother the women he dated previously. Lady Jane Wellesley once said that Charles called her up one night and romantically said that he was sitting in bed in his jammies thinking of her but then when they went out together at a dinner, he was so uncomfortable and awkward he was like a different person. It didn't bother her and they remained friends even after they broke up. And more importantly Jane didn't hook up with several dashing, charming men after she broke up with Charles.

I have nothing against charming, sauve men and nothing against Charles but putting Charles in a list that includes James Hewitt, Will Carling, and Dodi al-Fayed and its obvious which man sticks out like he doesnt' belong. Charles was the exception in Diana's life, he was not the type of man that she usually fell in love with and his intellectual pursuits did wear down on her self-esteem and make her feel dumb which was why she couldn't share in his scholarly hobbies.

Quote:
I would also like to add that Diana was not thick, she had an enquiring mind and was a wonderful communicator - which Charles is not. He isn't that bright you know - he got a terrible degree!
How do you know that? Are you familiar with the degrees at Cambridge?

Quote:
I think it is a real shame that they weren't encouraged to stay together because Diana would have been a wonderful consort for Charles.
Well if they were both willing to stay with a person who continually cut down their self-esteem then they might have hung together long enough to ascend the throne as King Charles and Queen Diana and give us the fairytale of the perfect royal couple. But what a sacrifice for the two of them to make. Charles made Diana feel dumb and uneducated. Diana made Charles feel awkward and out of touch. What a recipe for a disastrous life!

But if they had been able to endure all that and give us our fairytale, then I'm sure countless people would be happy (except two).
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Having had nannies as a child and as a parent, for my children, I don't have a problem with it. Children are normally able to differentiate between the nannie and Mummy.

Tiggy's mother was a lady in waiting to HM, thus the ties of friendship went back some years.
Commenting thus, in public and to the press, is what I was alluding to. I thought it odd and overly-familiar. Still do.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

About today's hearing so we learned Diana obviously knew about the Paris home and did not want to move in, we know she knew about atleast one ring cause she said she'd wear it on her right finger but was the other ring the supposed "engagement ring" and if it was did she know? Cause from what the daily mail reporter claims she didn't want to get married, but we do know she did see him as a serious relationship in the eyes of some but to some he was just a friend hmm intresting. Nice that we have so much confirmation that she wasn't pregnant of which we all obviously knew.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
How do you know that? Did you see any signs that Diana loved Charles other than the fact that she agreed to marry him? She herself said she wanted to back out of the marriage before it happened but her sisters told her that her face was already on the tea towels. Does that sound like the sign of a woman in love?
And how could you know if Diana didn't love Charles? She wanted to back out of the marriage because of Charles' relationship with Camilla. She could've still loved him but realize that another woman was in his heart and that the marriage wasn't a good idea. IMO I think Diana thought she could've made Charles love her more then Camilla; and that was a very bad mistake.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:27 PM

While I am agreeing with many of the recent statements of ysbel, I will disagree about the statement that Diana probably did not love Charles. I have to agree with sirhon on that point. It sometimes happens that a young woman, naive and foolish, believes she can "win" a man's love with enough seduction and beauty and charm. And that even if he loves another, she can "win" him over. This is what I think happened with Diana. She was a foolish young girl and made a bad choice. But she did love Charles, I think.... or at least she thought she loved him, or loved him in her own unhealthy way.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What would there be in Charles for Diana to fall in love with if you compare him with the other men that Diana fell in love with. I think its fair to say she fell in love with James Hewitt and Will Carling and both were charming, dashing, personable men who could seduce women off their feet. If she wasn't in love with Dodi she was certainly attracted to Dodi and he had the aura of sweeping women off their feet. This was the type of man that Diana fell in love with and in the department of charms, Charles never could compete with the likes of James Hewitt and Will Carling.
Ysbel you forgot Dr. Kahn.(sp) All of Diana's closest friends have said at the inquest that she and Kahn were very much in love. I think he would be similar to Prince Charles in intellect and charm. Dr. Kahn I have read is very serious about his profession just like Charles is. He preferred to be with Diana at KP instead of going out, eat fried chicken and drink beer-sounds charming, boring just like Charles.

You said in an early post that Princess Diana's teachers thought if she would apply herself she had the intellect. Diana was very interested in Kahn and learned about all medical things through reading books like Grey's Anatomy and watching Kahn in surgery. She did this to be on equal footing to talk and share with him.

Quote:
And how could you know if Diana didn't love Charles? She wanted to back out of the marriage because of Charles' relationship with Camilla. She could've still loved him but realize that another woman was in his heart and that the marriage wasn't a good idea. IMO I think Diana thought she could've made Charles love her more then Camilla; and that was a very bad mistake.
Sirhon11234 I agree with you totally because of all that I have read about Diana right before she married Charles.

Quote:
I will disagree about the statement that Diana probably did not love Charles. I have to agree with sirhon on that point. It sometimes happens that a young woman, naive and foolish, believes she can "win" a man's love with enough seduction and beauty and charm. And that even if he loves another, she can "win" him over. This is what I think happened with Diana. She was a foolish young girl and made a bad choice. But she did love Charles, I think.... or at least she thought she loved him, or loved him in her own unhealthy way.
Casiraghitrio I agree with totally with with your statement about Diana's love.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:36 AM
Courtier

For what it's worth, which probably isn't very much, I strongly believe that as at October 31st, 1996, Diana's main focus, apart from her children, was Dr Hasnat Khan. I was always sorry that a consolidation of their relationship was not possible, for whatever reason.

If we can overlook the unedifying "War of the Wales'", then, for many reasons, Diana had a classically tragic life. It still makes me sad.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
And where is your source that Diana never looked after her children?
I did not say that. I said that while she "prepared to dazzle" - that is while she shopped or went to the hairdresser, then directly before her appointments bathed, dressed and selected jewellery. Looking as Diana had always do takes an enormous amount of time - time she did not spent with her children.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:06 AM
Courtier

Although we don't forget, do we, that the princes were away at boarding school for much of the time? When they were with her, their needs and interests were paramount, which few, so far as I know, would deny.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
How do you know that? Did you see any signs that Diana loved Charles other than the fact that she agreed to marry him? She herself said she wanted to back out of the marriage before it happened but her sisters told her that her face was already on the tea towels. Does that sound like the sign of a woman in love? --SNIPPED--.
With Diana's attraction to charming, suave men, what would Charles have to offer her to sweep her off her feet? Only his title, the Prince of Wales. Himself personally, Charles would have nothing to offer to a woman who wants to be seduced and swept off her feet. He's not that type of man.
But if they had been able to endure all that and give us our fairytale, then I'm sure countless people would be happy (except two).
Your post really hits the nail on the head. Charles always came across as tongue tied and so aware of not saying the wrong thing. I have always believed that Diana fell in love with The Prince of Wales and was shocked to find that along with the title, came the man who owned it.

If they had stayed together, the unhappiness would have destroyed both of them and their children, for what, to fulfill someone elses fantasy.

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana