The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I don't think the fact Diana wasn't intellectually up there with Charles had anything to do with marriage problems IMO.
I have always thought it had a lot to do with their marriage problems. I think that difference in intellectual ability, combined with other differences, operated to make them quite incompatible. If they had similar interests and similar attitudes and similar personalities, it may not have mattered much at all.

And I also happen to think there was a big difference in their intellectual abilities.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Nobility

Princess Diana letter: 'Charles plans to kill me'

By Gordon Rayner, Chief Reporter

Last Updated: 1:38am GMT 20/12/2007

A handwritten letter in which Diana, Princess of Wales claimed that the Prince of Wales was plotting to kill her so he could marry Tiggy Legge-Bourke, the former nanny to Princes William and Harry, has been shown at the inquest into her death.
Full coverage of the inquest

Princess Diana letter: 'Charles plans to kill me' - Telegraph

Old 12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

To put this into perspective the other headline would be:

Princess Diana letter: 'Charles plans to marry Tiggy!'

Both are equally absurd.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
To put this into perspective the other headline would be:

Princess Diana letter: 'Charles plans to marry Tiggy!'

Both are equally absurd.
Oh Warren, I am dying over here. LOL

You need to write this one on the comments page of the article.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness

A SENSATIONAL handwritten letter by Princess Diana claiming Charles wanted to kill her in a car crash was revealed in full for the first time yesterday.

In the page shown to the jury at her inquest, she wrote: “I am sitting here at my desk today in October, longing for someone to hug me and encourage me to keep strong and hold my head high. “This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous – my husband is planning ‘an accident’ in my car, brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for him to marry Tiggy. “Camilla is nothing but a decoy.”

To me guys, this letter given to Paul in 1996 shows that Lucia was compartmentalized in the Princess's life. Lucia said that it was a fake, but others like Lord Miscon(sp?) were told by Princess Diana that she would died in an accident. So to me this letter is not a fake and shows me that Diana's close girlfriends' are protecting her sons and Diana's reputation. I don't think Paul would want to be in another crime. I think he got enough of a taste of that with his other falsely accused crime. What I know of this letter is tha Paul wanted an inquest, so he brought the letter to the attention of the public. But, again it did help book sales too. I say lets test the letter.

I think Diana got the info from one of her psychics. Has anyone gone to psychics? They usual get some of the info correct. I sure don't think Prince Charles would kill Diana, and we all know that Charles' married Camilla and Diana died not of a head injury but because of her heart and bleeding. So to me again the letter just shows 20% correct of a psychics reading and that Diana compatmentalized all her relationships.

Let's see what happens at the inquest today.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I have always thought it had a lot to do with their marriage problems. I think that difference in intellectual ability, combined with other differences, operated to make them quite incompatible. If they had similar interests and similar attitudes and similar personalities, it may not have mattered much at all.

And I also happen to think there was a big difference in their intellectual abilities.
Yes Roslyn - Princess Diana would never be up to the Prince in intellectual abilities. But Prince Charles from what I know of him started to love Diana for her compassion and mothering skills. (He thought she would be taught everything else that she needed to be a Princess). I think he like those qualites and I believe if Diana did not start on her bulemia(sp?) and her obcession with Charles and Camilla and taken psychotic medication early in the marriage, and as Diana said "if the BRF knew how to help someone mentally sick, I truly believe they would be married today and have a wonderful, loving and friendship type of marriage.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I say lets test the letter.
That's a good idea - if it was written by Diana, it should have her fingerprints all over it.... which would put the letter in its right place: either the princess wrote it and meant it or she didn't.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I don't think the fact Diana wasn't intellectually up there with Charles had anything to do with marriage problems IMO.
Not necessarily her abilities but her interests and attitudes. Her schoolteachers continually said that while she had a native intelligence, she did not have the discipline or desire to apply that intelligence.

Diana constantly belittled Charles and his interests both in front of him and in front of others. She thought his reading, solitary walks in the country, deep discussions with old friends were all stupid and pointless and Diana took great delight in pushing Charles off the front page when he was scheduled to make a speech on one of the topics that mattered most to him.

And this came from a woman who complained that Charles and the Royal Family didn't appreciate her and her contributions to the monarchy. She thought that being beautiful and the most adored woman on the planet was enough. When truth be told the fan-dom of Diana enhanced Diana's popularity with the public but Diana's reputation caused the Royal Family's reputation with the public to go down and Diana had an active part in that. And she still was incredulous that the Royal Family did not appreciate her contributions.

Whereas she didn't appreciate them and the lifetime they had spent in service to the monarchy.

Of course, she made sure that everyone knew her version of the Charles Camilla story was that Charles took Camilla into the marriage with them. I rather suspect the reason that she was so keen to make sure everyone knew that was because it would give Diana an excuse for any nasty behavior towards Charles and the Royal Family at any time during the marriage.

Of course, so the saying goes, if her husband was bringing his mistress into the marriage, what normal big-hearted woman wouldn't be hurt and vindictive - right from the beginning? This simple statement of Charles bringing Camilla into the marriage seemed to excuse a lot of really bad behavior from Diana that I truly doubt that Camilla was actually Charles' mistress in the beginning. It was simply too convenient for Diana several years after the fact to say that they were.

Whereas the real truth I think is that in the beginning Diana realized who she married and realized she married a scholarly man with intellectual pursuits that she not only didn't share but she thought was worthless.

Diana thought scholarly, studious people were worthless and so could not tolerate her husband's intellectual pursuits much less encourage them.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-20-2007, 12:50 PM

Bah humbug! Is anyone else sick to death of Diana, Dodi, etc. and this stupid Inquest?

I don't care that Diana was secretly married to JFK Jr. or that she had lesbian fantasies about Tiggy, or that she was really Camilla's brother with a sex change.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Not necessarily her abilities but her interests and attitudes. Her schoolteachers continually said that while she had a native intelligence, she did not have the discipline or desire to apply that intelligence.
I am sorry but this is such utter rubbish! I am sure there were faults on both sides - Diana was very young and wanted Charles to be with her all the time, which he could not be. He entered in to the marriage knowing that it was his duty and that he could still do all the bachelor things he had done before. Diana took it far more to heart, she was in love with Charles. I don't think she ever thought he was worthless, I think she admired him and loved him and was very jealous of anything or anyone who took him away from her, due to her own low self-esteem.

I would also like to add that Diana was not thick, she had an enquiring mind and was a wonderful communicator - which Charles is not. He isn't that bright you know - he got a terrible degree!

I think it is a real shame that they weren't encouraged to stay together because Diana would have been a wonderful consort for Charles. Camilla will never be accepted by the majority of the British people and frankly - who can be surprised by that? The whole thing has been a terrible tragedy - for us and for them.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressida View Post
I would also like to add that Diana was not thick, she had an enquiring mind and was a wonderful communicator - which Charles is not. He isn't that bright you know - he got a terrible degree!
Apart from the fact that you have of course a right to your own opinion - where is the reliable source for your statements? Charles at least got a degree - while Diana did not even pass A-levels, but prefered to clean other people's homes, look after other people's kids till she married and employed someone else to clean for her and lookafter her kids while she prepared herself to dazzle the world while her husband tried to use his position to make people aware of the problems of his time.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:56 PM

^ Jo, just a reminder (no biggie but just for the record): Diana never even passed O Levels (GCSE's) much less having a chance at A Levels. She took the O Level exams at least twice and failed both times, and I think she was going to take them again but her parents decided to send her to that finishing school, since she was already 16 and could leave the public school.
Then I think she didn't last a full term at the Swiss school, because she was homesick or something, who knows....
Old 12-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
This thread is about Diana's Inquest and not a war to decide if someone has got the truth to justify or critize her decisions and way of living. And how come Camilla's name has to appear here ? She's not summoned, is she ? It's like an obsession to always place the Duchess's name in the conversation each time something compromising is said about Diana. It's so funny how people change subject ... . Whatever, just my opinion anyway.

Diana planned move abroad - Yahoo! News UK

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

[quote=cressida;707069]I am sorry but this is such utter rubbish! I am sure there were faults on both sides -quote] Cressida you are right on about the relationship of Princess Diana and Prince Charles. I feel it has been a terrible tragedy - missed opportunities on both sides to make a lasting and loving marriage.

But, Cressida I hope the British people and the Commonwealth countries will accept the Duchess because if the Princes can love her so can all.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Mr. Kay is now the second person to say that Princess Diana was thinking of moving abroad. It is write in Paul Burrel's (sp?) book.

But Mr. Kay also said that the relationship of Diana and Dodi he believes would have run is course and not lead to marriage. I still can not say that. Diana did tell her close women friends that she never felt so taken care off. And wasn't that what Diana always wanted in a man?

And now with this Mr. Kay said at the inquest:"She told me that she had been discussing with Mr al-Fayed senior the possibility of setting up some form of worldwide hospice network which he, she indicated, was prepared to financially underwrite." I think the al Fayeds would do anything in their power to have Diana in their close family.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
This thread is about Diana's Inquest and not a war to decide if someone has got the truth to justify or critize her decisions and way of living. And how come Camilla's name has to appear here ? She's not summoned, is she ? It's like an obsession to always place the Duchess's name in the conversation each time something compromising is said about Diana. It's so funny how people change subject ... . Whatever, just my opinion anyway.
But don't you think that these forums are one of the nicest places to discuss because most posters here while they might have a favorite in one of these two ladies can accept praise and critisism of both when it is due?

Of course, at the moment it is more difficult for Diana's supporters because while we know next to nothing (at least nothing which is proven by statements of persons or letters or other sources except gossip) about what really went on with Charles and Camilla but learn so much about Diana from people who actually are willing to swear an oth that they tell the truth? Unfortunately not many things told here are just positive, many are ambiguous and some are plain ugly. Even I wish Diana's memory could have been spared such an inquest!
Old 12-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Bah humbug! Is anyone else sick to death of Diana, Dodi, etc. and this stupid Inquest?

I don't care that Diana was secretly married to JFK Jr. or that she had lesbian fantasies about Tiggy, or that she was really Camilla's brother with a sex change.
If your sick of the Princess of Wales why are you on her thread then?
Old 12-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Apart from the fact that you have of course a right to your own opinion - where is the reliable source for your statements? Charles at least got a degree - while Diana did not even pass A-levels, but prefered to clean other people's homes, look after other people's kids till she married and employed someone else to clean for her and lookafter her kids while she prepared herself to dazzle the world while her husband tried to use his position to make people aware of the problems of his time.
And where is your source that Diana never looked after her children?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
But don't you think that these forums are one of the nicest places to discuss because most posters here while they might have a favorite in one of these two ladies can accept praise and critisism of both when it is due?

Of course, at the moment it is more difficult for Diana's supporters because while we know next to nothing (at least nothing which is proven by statements of persons or letters or other sources except gossip) about what really went on with Charles and Camilla but learn so much about Diana from people who actually are willing to swear an oth that they tell the truth? Unfortunately not many things told here are just positive, many are ambiguous and some are plain ugly. Even I wish Diana's memory could have been spared such an inquest!
I agree. What I was saying is that when reading "utter rubbish" as to qualify someone's point of vue, even if you disagree, is not very respectful. Of course, we have different opinions and that's wonderful but I think there's a way to express your disaproval. But it's true, this forum is the best place I know to discuss between "grown-ups"

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 12-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressida View Post
......SNIPPED......I would also like to add that Diana was not thick, she had an enquiring mind and was a wonderful communicator - which Charles is not. He isn't that bright you know - he got a terrible degree!

I think it is a real shame that they weren't encouraged to stay together because Diana would have been a wonderful consort for Charles. Camilla will never be accepted by the majority of the British people and frankly - who can be surprised by that? The whole thing has been a terrible tragedy - for us and for them.
One of the papers was about to run with the headline "IF HER IQ WERE ANY LOWER, SHE’D NEED DAILY WATERING", so I don't think we could say she was not thick.

Despite what some might hope, Camilla is being accepted by the British people. Diana on the other hand was a disaster for Charles and the monarchy.

Quote:
People tend to forget that Charles and Diana employed nannies to look after the boys.

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana