The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
GillW's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It was back in the early days of desktop computers here in the UK. A particular friend moved from London to the North and they asked her to let them know which doctor she was going to register with so that they could send her notes! Presumably by Royal Mail!
You presume wrongly - Medical records and their safekeeping are taken very seriously (which is why it hits the headlines when something Very Rarely goes wrong & they are mislaid) Accessing ANYONE'S records without a genuine and valid reason results in instant dismissal - and that includes looking at your own records if you work in the profession!! Hasnat, or anyone else who checked Tiggy's records without the proper authority would have found themselves in huge trouble - fired & struck off.....
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 10-03-2007, 05:52 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Very democratic? Yeah right. But that's a different kettle of potatoes. Mr Al-Fayed has no rights here, he isn't British. He may own a business here but he isn't British and that doesn't give him the so-called rights that native Britons have. He has no right to commit the crime of libel, nor does he have the right to insist on the spending of millions of tax payer's money to ease his own guilty conscience. Perhaps if you lived here and felt the pinch, you'd feel the anger too.
As always, please feel free to put me in my place. I agree with you 100% that no one, not Fayed or anyone, has a right to commit libel. However, although he is not a British citizen, he must have some rights in Britain, no? After all, he is a massive property owner in Britain, which means he pays taxes there of a kind, and he employs probably thousands of British citizens. His assets (cars, planes, boats) must have registration and so he pays taxes on these things in Britain.

Thank you, GillW, for the royal coroner link. All I could find before was the Surrey coroner which is not helpful at all.
__________________

__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #43  
Old 10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
The UK is a great country, where even rich citizens are assigned to the second class(an acid one...). Fairly speaking, I do wish to live in the UK. I hope this dream will come true one day...
You can't possibly say the UK is a great country unless you've lived here which I gather you haven't. It's like me saying Kazakhstan is a great country and I haven't stepped foot in the country. You say rich citizens are assigned to a second class, I don't know what you mean by that but I would point out that Al Fayed isn't a British subject. He hasn't got the rights British subjects have got and I assume he hasn't paid into the pot which he's raided to ease his guilty conscience.
__________________
  #44  
Old 10-03-2007, 05:55 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
As always, please feel free to put me in my place. I agree with you 100% that no one, not Fayed or anyone, has a right to commit libel. However, although he is not a British citizen, he must have some rights in Britain, no? After all, he is a massive property owner in Britain, which means he pays taxes there of a kind, and he employs probably thousands of British citizens. His assets (cars, planes, boats) must have registration and so he pays taxes on these things in Britain.

Thank you, GillW, for the royal coroner link. All I could find before was the Surrey coroner which is not helpful at all.
I'll be honest Ashley, I don't know what rights he has. I assume he pays some sort of tax but I can't see him paying every tax other people with his wealth pays because he isn't a British citizen/subject. I know he's got an off shore account but I don't know what he pays and what that entitles him to. But I would assume that he doesn't pay everything he would if he were a British subject.
__________________
  #45  
Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 3,134
Thank you for setting us straight regarding the medical issues, etc.,GillW. As usual, you always seem to have the correct answers for those of us who lack your knowledge. Also, the link you provided for the royal coroner will be helpful..
__________________
  #46  
Old 10-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I'll be honest Ashley, I don't know what rights he has. I assume he pays some sort of tax but I can't see him paying every tax other people with his wealth pays because he isn't a British citizen/subject. I know he's got an off shore account but I don't know what he pays and what that entitles him to. But I would assume that he doesn't pay everything he would if he were a British subject.
In some countries, noncitizens pay more taxes than citizens do because certain exemptions don't apply. I don't know the situation in the UK, though. However, most residents of western democracies have legal rights by virtue of their residence or domicile, even if their status isn't the same as that of citizens.

As for this comment: "You can't possibly say the UK is a great country unless you've lived here which I gather you haven't," she's entitled to say it if that's what she believes, and you're entitled to discount it on the basis of lack of first-hand experience, but she can still say it.
__________________
  #47  
Old 10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
In some countries, noncitizens pay more taxes than citizens do because certain exemptions don't apply. I don't know the situation in the UK, though. However, most residents of western democracies have legal rights by virtue of their residence or domicile, even if their status isn't the same as that of citizens.

As for this comment: "You can't possibly say the UK is a great country unless you've lived here which I gather you haven't," she's entitled to say it if that's what she believes, and you're entitled to discount it on the basis of lack of first-hand experience, but she can still say it.
Oh I know. I didn't mean she couldnt say it, I meant it's impossible for that to be true. My wording was wrong there. Apologies. x
__________________
  #48  
Old 10-03-2007, 06:59 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,464
Was Diana Pregnant? Ruling Is Unlikely
Was Diana Pregnant? Ruling Is Unlikely - AOL News

News on the inquest was aired this Morning on Today. I really wish Al Fayed would stop telling people that the Princess of Wales was pregnant before she died.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #49  
Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 3,134
It would be nice if he stopped insisting that she was pregnant, but I doubt that he will. Do you suppose that he wishes that she were?? What is he trying to prove ...
__________________
  #50  
Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,464
He would've loved having his family linked to the Windsors.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #51  
Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 3,134
Of course! Why didn't I realize that...:-(
__________________
  #52  
Old 10-03-2007, 09:48 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
It would be nice if he stopped insisting that she was pregnant, but I doubt that he will. Do you suppose that he wishes that she were?? What is he trying to prove ...
Well, if he could prove she was pregnant (which obviously can't be done) then he could say, "Ahha, see I was right, she was pregnant, and so the Establishment wanted to off her & Prince William's half-sibling." Crazy, yes, but it sounds just like the kind of thing Mo would say. Also, if he can say she was pregnant, he can say with more "certainty" that she was to marry his son, even though logically in the unlikely event she was pregnant, there would be no way of knowing for sure that the child was also Dodi's. I mean, if she was pregnant and she started showing in July, she must have been at least three months pregnant, because usually you don't start showing until the beginning of the second trimester, right? There is a big question mark on whether she and Dodi were having a sexual relationship before July. The tabloids can say what they want, but how could anyone know for sure? Unless Diana talked about those kinds of details with anyone, which is questionable in itself.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #53  
Old 10-03-2007, 10:36 PM
pinkie40's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
As for Diana and the medical records issue, one would suspect that she was a more privileged person with many friends and contacts in various venues and could ask for a favor with ease whilst batting her famous eyelashes..but according to Jephson in his book "Shadows of a Princess", Diana's paranoia was on a high, manic upswing when Tiggy started to refer to the princes as "my boys". Jephson, who knew her well, resigned over this "Tiggy's baby" incident and I would surmise that would be because she had "lost touch with reality" in some fashion.

Speaking of medical records, the pregnancy issue can be dealt with in many ways. Why can't they subpeona her list of prescriptions for 1 year prior to the accident to determine if Diana's physician(s) were indeed prescibing birth control pills for any number of medical reasons. Diana does look a bit bloated in the elevator photo but that could be for many reasons. They can also subpeona her medical records to see if she had any trouble or when her last visit to the gynaecologist was and if there were any specific details recorded.

Surely there is a vial of her unembalmed bodily fluids floating around in some Paris or London lab because "they" might have been aware this very question of pregnancy would have been raised. Not being well versed in pathology of corpses, I don't know if her remains (hair/bones) now can offer levels of HGC 10 years after burial, if indeed she is buried and not cremated in the Spencer vault.

I don't doubt her wish for a daughter or more children but she doesn't seem the type of person to "put the cart before the horse" being the mother of the future king.
__________________
  #54  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Speaking of medical records, the pregnancy issue can be dealt with in many ways. Why can't they subpeona her list of prescriptions for 1 year prior to the accident to determine if Diana's physician(s) were indeed prescibing birth control pills for any number of medical reasons. Diana does look a bit bloated in the elevator photo but that could be for many reasons. They can also subpeona her medical records to see if she had any trouble or when her last visit to the gynaecologist was and if there were any specific details recorded.

Surely there is a vial of her unembalmed bodily fluids floating around in some Paris or London lab because "they" might have been aware this very question of pregnancy would have been raised. Not being well versed in pathology of corpses, I don't know if her remains (hair/bones) now can offer levels of HGC 10 years after burial, if indeed she is buried and not cremated in the Spencer vault.
Her pre-embalmed and pre-blood transfusion blood was tested for pregnancy and came back negative. The coroner pointed that out in his address to the jury. (Sample of Diana's blood were found and taken from the mercedes and these were tested)

As far as her prescriptions for the contraceptive pill are concerned, Paul Burrell has stated that her prescriptions were made out in the name of various female servants.
__________________
  #55  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:56 PM
pinkie40's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
Has it been revealed who did this testing? An independent lab?

Will this inquest go into detail as to what procedures were carried out in the ambulance and have the ambulance workers been identified and interviewed?

Are Muslims embalmed? Was Dodi embalmed?


Where does Mr Al-Fayed live now? What is this that I am hearing he has moved to Switzerland?
__________________
  #56  
Old 10-04-2007, 03:36 AM
GillW's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nottingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Has it been revealed who did this testing? An independent lab?

Will this inquest go into detail as to what procedures were carried out in the ambulance and have the ambulance workers been identified and interviewed?

Are Muslims embalmed? Was Dodi embalmed?


Where does Mr Al-Fayed live now? What is this that I am hearing he has moved to Switzerland?
Very great detail of exactly what was tested and by whom is reported succinctly in the Paget Report (stillavailable on the internet). If you are really concerned about the pregnancy issue I would recommend you read that part - I'm sure it will clarify things for you.
__________________
  #57  
Old 10-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I mean, if she was pregnant and she started showing in July, she must have been at least three months pregnant, because usually you don't start showing until the beginning of the second trimester, right? There is a big question mark on whether she and Dodi were having a sexual relationship before July. The tabloids can say what they want, but how could anyone know for sure? Unless Diana talked about those kinds of details with anyone, which is questionable in itself.
There are even close acquaintances of Diana's who claim that she told them only days before the accident that she didn't even sleep with Dodi yet!
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #58  
Old 10-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
You presume wrongly.....
Actually not, records were sent by registered Royal Mail pre computer days. As I live some of the time in Scotland and some in England, until recently, for files in Scotland or London to be updated it took up to 2 weeks! The same or longer for test results to be sent from hospitals to doctors. Full records for anyone moving from one part of the country to another and reliant on the NHS, are still sent by registered mail or in view of the strikes, by Securicor. Not all health trusts are fully computerised even now, with the Sheffield system, for instance, hoping to have the glitches ironed out within 6 months or so. Edinburgh/Glasgow and Aberdeen are still unable to transmit or receive full records for patients within the Highlands. The private sector have also struggled and it would have been a private doctor/clinic that Tiggy attended.

As Tiggy's records would, at that time, have been kept in a folder at her private doctor's or private clinic, It would have been impossible for Diana, Hasnet or anyone else to access them. Even if Diana knew who Tiggy saw or what clinic she attended.
__________________
  #59  
Old 10-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I mean, if she was pregnant and she started showing in July, she must have been at least three months pregnant, because usually you don't start showing until the beginning of the second trimester, right?
Some women on the 3rd, 4th or more pregnancy do start to show quite early! ( )
__________________
  #60  
Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
There are even close acquaintances of Diana's who claim that she told them only days before the accident that she didn't even sleep with Dodi yet!
Like Rosa Monckton? As she also seemed to know or claimed to know when Diana started her period.... a week or two before the crash on their Greek holidays, so she says. Naturally, if Diana was on the Pill, it could have been a short or light period. If she was in her second trimester of pregnancy, as the Fayed/leopard-print-bikini picture theory implies, she could have had spotting. I guess spotting can occur at anytime in a pregancy and not only in the early weeks?

Just my personal opinion on the elevator/smiling picture: I don't feel or think that she seems pregnant here. That little pouch on her tummy, so well concealed in those pants, seems like her normal shape to me. --> The Daily Mail article/picture
__________________

__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Verdict of the Diana Inquest, April 2008, and aftermath wbenson Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 325 05-31-2012 07:33 PM
The Late Diana, Princess of Wales, News Thread 7: October 2007-June 2008 Warren Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 237 06-15-2008 06:18 AM
Chelsy Davy News and Pictures 6: April - October 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 212 10-07-2007 02:26 AM
The Late Princess Diana news thread 5: April - June 2007 sirhon11234 Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 210 06-06-2007 02:03 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]