The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The jeweller's changing stories were detailed in the Paget report. No surprise there!
Does anyone know what the jeweler originally said about the ring?

Old 12-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Diana Inquest: Crash Driver Henri Paul 'Not Drunk' - Yahoo! News UK

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

diana: Driver Wasn't Drunk, Says Waiter

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: Diana Inquest :: Diana: Driver wasn't drunk, says waiter
Old 12-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
Come on! What is the opinion of a waiter compared to the results of blood tests (which have been proven to have been from Henri Paul, due to DNA analysis). I once worked as a student in gastronomy and I could have shown you endless numbers of waiters, bartenders and other people professionally connected (including myself) who appeared completely sober but have had drunk enough to make them unable to drive in a dangerous situation. I highlight that here because I have myself experienced more than once that I was able to drive home along a route known to me as long as everything was okay - but when something suddenly happened it was sheer luck there was no accident. And I don't drive a Mercedes unknown to me on these occasions but my own, reliable car!

So I believe that it happened as Operation Paget says: the Mercedes collided with the white Uno and Henri Paul, due to his well concealed drunkenness plus amounts of adrenalin from the "hunt" in his blood lost control of the car.

In addition I think Diana was equally thrilled/annoyed by the paparazzi hunt or trying to soothe an angry Dodi, so she decided not to wear her seatbelt, so she was able to be closer to Dodi and/or watch the "hunt" on looking out of the rear window.

That behaviour added up and the accident happened. IMHO, of course.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana's stepmother to give evidence - Yahoo! News UK

Pictures of Raine arrival :
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Ken Wharfe, former bodyguard, also present :

Because it matters...
Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana's stepmother says pregnancy 'out of the question' - Yahoo! News UK
Princess Diana Was 'Deeply In Love' With Dodi Fayed - Yahoo! News UK

Because it matters...
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM

Diana's stepmother: 'She WAS in love with Dodi - and they would have got married' | the Daily Mail

It's a nice pic of Raine. The man with her resembles her. I was thinking maybe he's her son, either Rupert or William. I can't imagine going to testify in court about such personal matters. But like everything else, she carries it well. She's a tough gal.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
A typical headline from the Di Express, as one might expect. I think I would rather put my belief in the blood tests, rather than a waiter! I wonder if we will see a headline from them - Driver was drunk according to blood tests!

These excerpts are taken from two of the articles posted above, one says
Countess Spencer, whose relations with Diana were strained, according to media reports - and the other "It was at that moment that I felt it was highly likely that she and Dodi would get engaged and then married," she said". The later is definitely a Barbara Cartland moment! It has no place in an inquest because people will not realise that is not related to anything other than Raines romantic ideals. At no point is it even suggested that Diana said or intimated that she was likely to marry Fayed.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
A typical headline from the Di Express, as one might expect. I think I would rather put my belief in the blood tests, rather than a waiter! I wonder if we will see a headline from them - Driver was drunk according to blood tests!

These excerpts are taken from two of the articles posted above, one says
Countess Spencer, whose relations with Diana were strained, according to media reports - and the other "It was at that moment that I felt it was highly likely that she and Dodi would get engaged and then married," she said". The later is definitely a Barbara Cartland moment! It has no place in an inquest because people will not realise that is not related to anything other than Raines romantic ideals. At no point is it even suggested that Diana said or intimated that she was likely to marry Fayed.
She was questioned about this further at the inquest as follows.
Question: Now you have said that you formed the impression that they would in due course get married. Was that something the Princess herself said or is this a close friend divining what is likely to happen from the tone and nature of what has been said?
Raine's answer: I think you put it beautifully, sir. I think it is more a close friend divining. Diana would never have said.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:29 PM

OK, I know it's a serious business but who doesn't want to adopt Raine Spencer? Speaking as someone who's met her, she's truly fascinating. Her testimony was so Barbara Cartland she could have been channeling. Gotta love Raine.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Rosa Mockton testimony will be more news worthy for this inquest. She was Diana's closest friend and confident. I believe she knew Diana the best of all who will testify.

Raine works for Mr. Mohammed al Fayed and might be bias about the engagement of Diana and Dodi. But at least she was in Diana's side about her not being with child because Diana was old fashion in that way. I wish Raine could tell everyone that Prince Harry is Charle's child and not Hewitt's because of her old fashion ways.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:03 PM

^ I like Raine a lot. People pick on her because of her flamboyance. But when it comes down to it, she is a dame and has never said anything derogatory about either Diana or the royal family. Unlike Babs, Raine speaks respectfully, as she should do. I admire the way she spoke of The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh at the Inquest. It was heroic of her to testify, as she had no obligation or reason to do it, and she did it well. The news articles picked out the bits of her testimony which make good headlines. If anything, you would think it would place her in an awkward position. But as I said, she is a tough broad. My cap is off.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Rosa Mockton testimony will be more news worthy for this inquest. She was Diana's closest friend and confident. I believe she knew Diana the best of all who will testify.

Raine works for Mr. Mohammed al Fayed and might be bias about the engagement of Diana and Dodi. But at least she was in Diana's side about her not being with child because Diana was old fashion in that way. I wish Raine could tell everyone that Prince Harry is Charle's child and not Hewitt's because of her old fashion ways.
Well, Diana was old-fashioned in that she did not become pregnant without a ring on her finger. But if you interpret "old-fashioned" after the fashions of the aristocracy of old, then having lovers during your marriage and passing off their children as that of your husband is definately "old-fashioned"...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Well, Diana was old-fashioned in that she did not become pregnant without a ring on her finger. But if you interpret "old-fashioned" after the fashions of the aristocracy of old, then having lovers during your marriage and passing off their children as that of your husband is definately "old-fashioned"...
What of the aristocracy of today? Do the women still pass off lover's children? Don't most get divorced and marry their lover? Diana was old-fashion from today's aristocracy.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Come on! What is the opinion of a waiter compared to the results of blood tests (which have been proven to have been from Henri Paul, due to DNA analysis).
See ok and this is where I may get a bit picky but since obviously DNA cannot be altered you'd think they're telling the truth but my only doubt and once again this is just from what I know couldn't they have used the "real bood" on the DNA and the "swaped one" on the alcohol tests? I mean it's not like we have real confirmation about the DNA results. (like a piece of paper showing the results) I'm not saying they're lying or anything but this is why I think many people may doubt the results. Yes Operation Pagat shows the blood tests but still I'm a little skeptic...actually I beleive most of it obviously a few details are a bit iffy just cause we don't know the complete story and I doubt we ever will but still....atcually my friend who's always beleived it was murder is the one who makes me think like this I kno really bad hah lol. Nice to hear Raine say that Diana was friends with The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN’: WARNING TO DIANA FROM PRINCE CHARLES’S FRIEND
Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: ‘Accidents can happen’: Warning to Diana from Prince Charles’s friend

Stepmother: Princess Diana was obsessed with accidents
Stepmother: Princess Diana was obsessed with accidents - USATODAY.com

Diana driver "tense" in Ritz
Diana driver "tense" in Ritz
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What of the aristocracy of today? Do the women still pass off lover's children? Don't most get divorced and marry their lover? Diana was old-fashion from today's aristocracy.
Even non aristocrats pass off their lovers children as the husbands. As for the aristocracy of today, most women do not want to give up the prestige, titles or the inheritance by admitting they have been elsewhere.
So if we believe Simone on this matter, do we also believe everything else she has said about Diana (Kennedy, Coccaine etc). Makes me wonder what he was 'high' on.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Even non aristocrats pass off their lovers children as the husbands. As for the aristocracy of today, most women do not want to give up the prestige, titles or the inheritance by admitting they have been elsewhere.
From just knowing people and what is written on Diana I can honestly say Diana would never have gone to another man if Prince Charles did not leave her during the marriage to have an affair with Camilla. Diana was a virgin, inexperienced, and old-fashioned before the marriage and Charles' love for Camilla drove Diana to suffer and do things she would not have done. I don't think Diana could have gotten away with having a child out of wedlock. And now that she is dead she can not defend herself with all this trashing of her name about Harry. What about Camilla's son who Charles is godfather-could he be Charles' son? Prince Charles gave a lot of money to Camilla's children after he married Camilla. Why did he do that?

Quote:
So if we believe Simone on this matter, do we also believe everything else she has said about Diana(Kennedy, Coccaine etc).
Simone is not to be taken seriously. She as well as others would say anything sensational to sell books and make money off a Diana It is well documented that Diana was not like by the high rank aristocracy, men in grey at the palace, and people high up in government for what she did to the monarchy and her stance on land mines. Why did the CIA and M6 have secret files on her? Why did the documentary that she was filming on land mines right before she die show a reporter telling her she was a called loose cannon in Great Britain? We also know that Prince Charles' friends protected him. Mr. Soames never liked Diana because of his loyality to Prince Charles.

Quote:
Makes me wonder what he was 'high' on.
I don't think Henry Paul was high. Being called back to duty and not knowing what Dodi would request from him drove him and the bodyguards to the point of being tense.

And getting back to the threads theme Diana's inquest. I just hope everything does come out and she and her family can finally rest in peace!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
From just knowing people and what is written on Diana I can honestly say
Preceding quote shortened. - Are you telling us that you personally know recorded friends of Diana? We all have our own opinions on what books and articles say. It really gets tedious when Dianaphiles make excuses for her actions, no matter what they are replying to. It really seems as though if I said the sky is blue, the reply would be something to do with Diana's failed marriage!
You state it is 'well documented', but all the things you are stating as fact (apart from the reporter) are only Diana's or your own view. It is suspected that MI6 had files on her, it is suspected that the CIA also did, but if they did, it was unlikely that had anything to do with the way she had treated the RF. I should imagine Soames was as willing as all Charles' friends to include her in their circle. I'm sure that after the split, many of Dianas friends didn't like Charles, but as Soames has never confirmed his dislike of Diana, nobody should state it as fact, IMO.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It really gets tedious when Dianaphiles make excuses for her actions, no matter what they are replying to. It really seems as though if I said the sky is blue, the reply would be something to do with Diana's failed marriage!
Skydragon: Should I call you a Camillaphile? I don't think in all the time that I have be on this website you have ever said anything positive about Diana. It get tedious too, when you don't see reality about who was the wife and who was the mistress. I was talking about the old-fashioned upbringing of Diana. When did this site become one sided in views - don't we all have a chance to say what we think?

Quote:
You state it is 'well documented', but all the things you are stating as fact (apart from the reporter) are only Diana's or your own view. It is suspected that MI6 had files on her, it is suspected that the CIA also did, but if they did, it was unlikely that had anything to do with the way she had treated the RF. I should imagine Soames was as willing as all Charles' friends to include her in their circle. I'm sure that after the split, many of Dianas friends didn't like Charles, but as Soames has never confirmed his dislike of Diana, nobody should state it as fact, IMO.
If you read my post I also said land mines. That is what Soames was talking about and probably CIA and MI6 was watching her. It was documented right in Diana's documentary and in the newspapers at the time and after her death. Soames from the article that came out - at the inquest - said for her to not do the cause of land mines because accidents to her could happen. Also in books that I have read Soames said that he thought she was mentally sick and needed to be institutionalized.

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana