The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Oliver Hoare was included in the list read out at the inquest. He and his wife must be very unimpressed with the Al Fayed legal tactics.
It appears no-one is safe from Al Fayed in malicious mode.

On the one hand the inquest is attempting to determine the cause of death of Diana in that Paris tunnel. On the other, the Al Fayed team is using it as a stage on which to cause embarrassment, settle scores, and trash reputations in order to weave their grand conspiracy theory.

If the "naming of past lovers" is any indication, things are going to get a lot worse. The circus has just begun.
This inquest has already sunken low Warren.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
The mail identifies 5 lovers. It's about time there was some mention of these men in the Diana myth.
Well that was far from being secret. I believe they all knew about it before and I don't see why they mention it in the inquest ... Why would Diana's lovers be involved in this type of procedure ? As far as I know, the only one who needs to be is Dodi Al-Fayed.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 11-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
There wasn't a man from the U.S. I think, thats Fergie not Diana..

There was a U.S. businessman...his name is Theodore "Teddy" Forstmann. He and his family own a private equity firm. Some media reports linked him with Diana, but I do not know if it is true.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Special coffin always on royal standby, Diana inquest hears - Yahoo! News UK

Diana coroner in ruling appeal - Yahoo! News UK
I don't understand why French authorities won't let the jury summon or at least listen to the papz. They are our first witnesses and the people who can help to clear many things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post
What did these men really mean to Diana? Al Fayed's lawyer outs the Princess's five 'lovers' at her inquest
What did these men really mean to Diana? Al Fayed's lawyer outs the Princess's five 'lovers' at her inquest | the Daily Mail
I disagree with the decision to put Mannakee as a "lover". We don't know what happened between them. For the others we can be sure but I'm skeptical for the former bodyguard. We are far more positive for her story with Khan IMO.

Because it matters...
Old 11-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

diana: Spies Were In Paris

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Diana: Spies were in Paris
Old 11-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Karen View Post
There was a U.S. businessman...his name is Theodore "Teddy" Forstmann. He and his family own a private equity firm. Some media reports linked him with Diana, but I do not know if it is true.
yes that's it...Forstmann. Tina Brown's books says that he ended the relationship because she was getting too serious.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I think Al-fayed doesn't care for Diana and her reputation one bit...
I agree with you that Al Fayed has made a whole entire circus out of this inquest but the rest of your comment IMO I doubt that will happen.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Yes, I understand this is the long-term aim of the Al Fayed lawyers, but in which case, why wasn't Hasnat Khan's name on the list? Why name Manakee, who has been dead for 20 years, and omit Khan, whom Diana wanted to marry?
Fayed was claiming that the royal family were desperate to stop Diana marrying a Muslim and having half-Asian children who would be William and Harry's step-siblings, so they had her killed to avoid her producing kids with Dodi. She'd known Dodi for a few weeks. In the meantime, she'd had a long-term relationship with Hasnat Khan, another Asian Muslim, who she'd said she wanted to marry. Yet the Secret Service didn't manage to stage any car crashes to kill her and Dr Khan, and they'd have had a lot of chances during the time when she was seeing the doctor.

If they could arrange a fatal car crash in the context of Dodi's constantly changing plans on the day they died, it would have been dead easy to do something fatal to Diana, Dr Khan, or both of them at some point during the previous couple of years if they really were so adamantly against her marrying a Muslim that they were prepared to kill her in order to avoid it. It suggests that in fact they weren't all that bothered about it. And in that case, Fayed's stated motive is so much nonsense. I'm not at all surprised they aren't making a big deal about Hasnat Khan - it blows Fayed's fabrication to pieces.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I still say the French should force the papz and any other French witnesses to appear. I know really it's not allowed but I think this case is far different from any other and an exception should be made IMO

Quote:
they could arrange a fatal car crash in the context of Dodi's constantly changing plans on the day they died,
I had to quote that cause I wanted to say the only way they could have organized a crash if they had someone there or listening in and heard dodi's change of plans but still you'd think the Fiat Uno would have to have known for sure they were taking the Alma Tunnel route in order to have successfully conducted the crash. Unless they had someone following them up until the Alma Underpass and let the person who was driving the Fiat which way they were going but we don't have enough evidence to know if that would have even been possible. I'm just saying I imagine that he'll come up with something like that.Now I really want to see what Mr. Al-Fayed says about that.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Fayed was claiming that the royal family were desperate to stop Diana marrying a Muslim and having half-Asian children...
I just finished the Burrell book "ROyal Duty" and he mentioned that Diana wasn't in love with Fayed at all. That she enjoyed the yachts, the presents, the dinners out in exotic locals, etc. but that Dodi had drug problems and both he and his father were seriously into controlling others to get what they wanted and Diana was going to break it off. But the accident came first. . .
Old 11-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana coroner challenges ruling
BBC NEWS | UK | Diana coroner challenges ruling
Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

No sign Princess Diana was pregnant - Yahoo! News UK

Because it matters...
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Is Dodi's father whacked out or what? To keep insisting that Diana was pregnant? Absurd! She was too smart for something like that!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Is Dodi's father whacked out or what? To keep insisting that Diana was pregnant? Absurd! She was too smart for something like that!
All of this has been said 10 years ago and repeated over and over again till now but somehow it seems that he doesn't give up...

Because it matters...
Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
All of this has been said 10 years ago and repeated over and over again till now but somehow it seems that he doesn't give up...
The only thing that I can think of is that Dodi's father is sick from grieve of losing a son so tragically. He had to repeatily stated his facts to get this joint inquest. Some of his assumptions about Diana and Dodi accident are probably correct. I always wondered why it took over ten years for Diana's inquest? It seems like the whole looking into her death was put on slow drive.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
The only thing that I can think of is that Dodi's father is sick from grieve of losing a son so tragically. He had to repeatily state his facts to get this joint inquest. Some of his assumptions about Diana and Dodi accident are probably correct. I always wondered why it took over ten years for Diana's inquest? It seems like the whole looking into her death was put on slow drive.
Well yes, but people kept believing in something else than a simple car crash just like Dodi's father. If their assumptions hadn't been made and that there were absolutely no doubt that it was a plain and simple car accident, this inquest would never have taken place or at least it would have been already over. It's just that the "Diana" file is so thick and remains with so much lack of information that it's an enormous amount of work to start a procedure and summon witnesses, collect all the depositions, etc. But you're right, the more you wait the less it can be efficient. Moreover it seems that even original files disapear in French Court archives ...

Because it matters...
Old 11-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana coroner loses appeal over having paparazzi statements read out at inquest Princess Diana News

Diana's driver wanted body 'to look beautiful' - Telegraph

Quote:
Moreover it seems that even original files disapear in French Court archives
Do you mean the French Dossier? I though they found it a month ago?

Anyways even if Diana was pregnant she wouldn't have known right nor shown if she was only 3 weeks pregnant. Plus even with the pics we have wasn't it very very early in their relationship so therefore there's no way it could have been Dodi's.

Quote:
Fayed was claiming that the royal family were desperate to stop Diana marrying a Muslim
Actually you have a point. Wouldn't they have had a problem then with Diana even possibly marrying Dr Khan. The only other explanation I can think of would be them specifically having a problem with the Al-Fayed family.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Moreover it seems that even original files disapear in French Court archives ...
Sandy Burger was in France?

Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Actually you have a point. Wouldn't they have had a problem then with Diana even possibly marrying Dr Khan. The only other explanation I can think of would be them specifically having a problem with the Al-Fayed family.
Well, if they were skillful enough to see a murder plot through to a successful conclusion on the night she died, given all the variables and last-minute changes of plan, you'd think that if they were that determined to kill her in order to stop her marrying a Muslim, they'd have done away with her during her relationship with Dr Khan. The fact that she wasn't killed during that relationship suggests that this "they killed her to stop her having any brown babies with a Muslim father" excuse is just so much nonsense.

As for having a problem with the Fayed family, Diana was doing her image so much damage being in the company of Mohamed Fayed and his son that I should think the Palace advisors would have been delighted. She was well on the way to destroying her own image and turning into a sybaritic jet-setter, so there was no reason for anyone to try and kill her. They should have known that it would just lead to instant sainthood and really cause problems for Charles.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Plus the fact that SOMEBODY would talk. You can't have a covert operation THAT big without somebody talking!

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana