Old 11-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
UK doctor says Diana might have survived if treated faster

UK doctor says Diana might have survived if treated faster
Diana may have survived but for lost time, surgeon says - Yahoo! News UK

Oh dear ... "if, if, if," ... that's all we can hear during this inquest. For me, I think it's total BS. Honestly, is someone here able to prove that if the accident had occured in the UK she would be alive today ? And is there anyone who would have had better capacities to save her ? I don't think so. They did all they could like for any other patient. We can always guess what would have happened if ... but is it really worth the discussion ? It won't bring them back and as far as I know, it won't help anyone to finally rest in peace.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Royal Highness

while i don't know if she could have been saved, it's sad to think that it's possible. imagine....she could still be with us today. on the other hand, what would she be like? would she the same...would her injuries have been so severe that she might have brain damage? would she have the same quality of life as before the accident.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
while i don't know if she could have been saved, it's sad to think that it's possible. imagine....she could still be with us today. on the other hand, what would she be like? would she the same...would her injuries have been so severe that she might have brain damage? would she have the same quality of life as before the accident.
Yes. She had been through 2 hours of cardiac arrest and according to this site, brain damage or death can occured only in 4 to 6 minutes. Even if they had saved her, she would probably be in coma and would never have regained her mental or motor capacities.

Quote:
Brain death and permanent death start to occur in just 4 to 6 minutes after someone experiences cardiac arrest. Cardiac arrest can be reversed if it's treated within a few minutes with an electric shock to the heart to restore a normal heartbeat. This process is called defibrillation. A victim's chances of survival are reduced by 7 to 10 percent with every minute that passes without CPR and defibrillation. Few attempts at resuscitation succeed after 10 minutes.

Because it matters...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Decision to embalm Diana denied

Because it matters...
Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Oh dear ... "if, if, if," ... that's all we can hear during this inquest. For me, I think it's total BS. Honestly, is someone here able to prove that if the accident had occured in the UK she would be alive today ? And is there anyone who would have had better capacities to save her ? I don't think so. They did all they could like for any other patient. We can always guess what would have happened if ... but is it really worth the discussion ? It won't bring them back and as far as I know, it won't help anyone to finally rest in peace.
Very well said. If, the saddest word in the world.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

misleading headline

The headline made it sound like Diana wasn't embalmed but the story reads that they are denying who made the decision to embalm her. Except for religions that forbid embalming (Judaism and Muslim come to mind) wouldn't embalming be standard procedure, especially having to transport a body overseas? A really controversial decision in this case would have been cremation which would have destroyed any "evidence". Even if she hadn't been embalmed that wouldn't change if someone was trying to hide something. I doubt she would have been pregnant that quickly even if that had been a goal (which I doubt would have been). Even with the "War of the Waleses" I don't think she would have pulled off a stunt that drastic that would embarrass her sons.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Decision to embalm Diana denied - Yahoo! News UK
Diana inquest upset - Yahoo! News UK
Paparazzi ruling raises questions over Diana inquest - Yahoo! News UK
Diana crash evidence 'inadmissable' - Yahoo! News UK

Because it matters...
Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently, French Court has rejected Fabrice Chassery's appeal, a paparazzo present on the crash scene. He and Jacques Langevin as well as Christian Martinez were condemned to pay 1 euro in 2006 in order to illustrate the condamnation of undermining privacy.

Only the french link : Condamnation définitive pour un photographe de l'affaire Diana - Yahoo! Actualités

Because it matters...
Old 11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Magistrate denies role in Diana embalming decision - Yahoo! News UK

Because it matters...
Old 11-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

'she Was So Agitated, She Tore Drip From Arm'

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: Diana Inquest :: 'She was so agitated, she tore drip from arm'-
Old 11-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Can someone clear this up what do they want from the papz? For them to show up or for them to show up and be able to read the statements? I'm confused I'm reading different things from different sources. You know what speaking of if she had survived I remember back in August going onto some agency and they had a pic of what Diana would have looked like had she survived and man it's not the Diana we all knew so in a way I'm glad she didn't survive plus I think as bizzare as this sounds it would have hurt William and Harry more to see her in that state then just knowing the medics tried their best but they just couldn't save her. I hope no one takes that the wrong way beleive me I would have loved for her to live but like TheTruth said she probably wouldn't have been the same. I also can't beleive she pulled out her IV but I can sorta imagine she was probably freaking out she probably wasn't even thinking straight.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Can someone clear this up what do they want from the papz?
Mohammed al Fayed claims that at least one paparazzo was in the employ of the British secret service and therefore engineered the accident to deliberately kill Diana. He wants his legal team to be able to question them in a court under oath, believing that his conspiracy theory will be proved. The statements aren't satisfactory as they are the paparazzi's accounts but his legal team can't get on the record that a secret service agent was among them. ( all al Fayed's delusions but he's got the money to bring his delusions into a court)
Old 11-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

^ oh ok that makes sense so some judges have favoured in calling the papz but I'm assuming some haven't(or something like that)Did the coroner in charge of inquest favour in calling the papz or did he rule against it ? While his claims brought up in court makes sense what doesn't is the dog the witnesses claim to have seen in the Fiat Uno and I'm actually glad the police brought that up. If anything was planned I can't see how the Fiat Uno part was planned, none of his claims are adding up in that section as for the papz umm I dunno but I definitly don't think it was Andanson(sp?) if he was there he was prob on his motorcycle like he had reportedly told his friends. (I'm taking that part from Operation Pagat) Cause I just don't beleive if he was there at all that he had his car. Sorry I tend to trail off hah thanks for helping clear that up it makes more sense now.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Courtier

For my own part, I'm pleased that alternative expert evidence has been given which posits that had Diana been taken to hospital with proper and all due dispatch, then she would have survived. I've heard this expressed in medical circles elsewhere, too, and I applaud the exposure that this belief is now receiving. Here, it can be most appropriately addressed and explained, and in full public view. To me, this has always seemed the best way, by far, to answer critics.

This has been one of the most contentious issues in the whole conspiracy debate, and those of us who wish to see an end to this distressing imbroglio must welcome the Inquest's wide-ranging exposure and consideration of all the accusations and counter-claims.

I remain confident that, once every demand and insidious suggestion has been officially disclosed and fully considered and discussed, Diana will be able to rest in peace. I look forward to that day.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
For my own part, I'm pleased that alternative expert evidence has been given which posits that had Diana been taken to hospital with proper and all due dispatch, then she would have survived. I've heard this expressed in medical circles elsewhere, too, and I applaud the exposure that this belief is now receiving. Here, it can be most appropriately addressed and explained, and in full public view. To me, this has always seemed the best way, by far, to answer critics.
It was addressed at the inquest but the papers chose not to highlight the testimony that in the medical literature available no-one with the same sort of injuries that Diana suffered ( blood vessel torn from her heart which caused her to bleed internally) has ever survived the trip to hospital. The fact that Diana survived as long as she did was a credit to the doctor and ambulance medics who treated her after the accident.

British newspaper reporting on the inquest tends to be rather xenophobic, those French 'can't do anything as well as we can' It makes for more sensational headlines if they say "Diana could have survived" rather than " She had no chance and the French did a fantastic job trying to save her"
Old 11-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
^ oh ok that makes sense so some judges have favoured in calling the papz but I'm assuming some haven't(or something like that)Did the coroner in charge of inquest favour in calling the papz or did he rule against it ? While his claims brought up in court makes sense what doesn't is the dog the witnesses claim to have seen in the Fiat Uno and I'm actually glad the police brought that up. If anything was planned I can't see how the Fiat Uno part was planned, none of his claims are adding up in that section as for the papz umm I dunno but I definitly don't think it was Andanson(sp?) if he was there he was prob on his motorcycle like he had reportedly told his friends. (I'm taking that part from Operation Pagat) Cause I just don't beleive if he was there at all that he had his car. Sorry I tend to trail off hah thanks for helping clear that up it makes more sense now.
A British coroner has no power to compell witnesses to testify from abroad if they refuse to. Ten years ago the original British coroner knew this and refused to grant an inquest into Diana's death because he knew it would be a waste of time and tax payers' money. He fought off attempts by al Fayed to bring about an inquest for 5 years, after his death the new British coroner agreed to run an inquest. But the fact still remains that any French citizen who doesn't want to testify doesn't have to. The current coroner asked the French government to compell the paparazzi to testify and also the French-Vietnamese man who it's believed to have been the driver of the white Fiat Uno that caused the accident to testify. But the French government have maintained that it's the individual's choice and they won't compell them.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Nobility

First of all why did she need to be on view for the French officials but was denied to be given the honor in England for the hordes of people who might have wanted to pass by her closed coffin for a few seconds?

Had Diana's sisters and Prince Charles not been able to be immediately dispatched to collect her remains, then maybe embalming would have been "ok" but then she could have been allowed to rest in the morgue's refridgerator like Dodi!

But you would think someone would have had the foresight of preserving some bodily fluids for future reference to answer the questions that might eventually pop up...mainly the pregnancy issue.

I dare say the inquest tends to create more questions rather than to answer them....
Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
It was addressed at the inquest but the papers chose not to highlight the testimony that in the medical literature available no-one with the same sort of injuries that Diana suffered ( blood vessel torn from her heart which caused her to bleed internally) has ever survived the trip to hospital. The fact that Diana survived as long as she did was a credit to the doctor and ambulance medics who treated her after the accident.

British newspaper reporting on the inquest tends to be rather xenophobic, those French 'can't do anything as well as we can' It makes for more sensational headlines if they say "Diana could have survived" rather than " She had no chance and the French did a fantastic job trying to save her"
I too believe credit should go to the French for all they did to help Diana. They were not negligent in any way and in 1997, I am hard put to believe she would have received any better treatment in the UK.

An inquest is supposed to be about the facts, not the 'what if's'. It is immaterial to consider that there might have been, although I doubt it, a slim possibilty of survival if she had been anywhere else, she wasn't, so what is the point.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
First of all why did she need to be on view for the French officials
Because that is the law.
Quote:
Had Diana's sisters and Prince Charles not been able to be immediately dispatched to collect her remains, then maybe embalming would have been "ok" but then she could have been allowed to rest in the morgue's refridgerator like Dodi!
I thought Dodi's corpse was also collected that night, on a separate flight, for a muslim burial

- - - - - - - - -
Why would anyone even think that she might be pregnant, she had only been dating this man for a very short time. Under the circumstances of her death, I would have thought the last thing on anyones mind was to cover up an unknown pregnancy.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana's private secretary testifies at inquest - CNN.com

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana