Old 11-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana ‘blitzed’ by paps

Princess Diana | Inquest | Blitzed by paparazzi | The Sun |HomePage|News

Old 11-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I understand where you're coming from. I have been attacked at another board and quit it just because of my opinions. I rather like this board and hope none of that vitriol will come over here.
You will find mature people on this board. I really enjoy being here

Old 11-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
You will find mature people on this board. I really enjoy being here
I agree. It is very nice!

I watched The Queen Saturday. They hounded Diana to death. Literally.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Paparazzi will not appear at Diana inquest - Yahoo! News UK

I don't understand why they are not summoned to the hearing. Like we've seen many times in this thread, they sometimes HAVE something else to add that can make the whole difference. The possibility of another dark car slowing down the mercedes was not taken seriously before this inquest.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 11-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Royal Highness

[quote=TheTruth;689432]Paparazzi will not appear at Diana inquest - Yahoo! News UK[quote]

I agree with you. The photographers are a major factor of the car going fast and helped cause the accident. Sorry, even a telecast hearing is better than no summons to the inquest.

THis inquest was to hear everything. It is turning out as a farce.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Majesty

The Inquest can't force the paps to give evidence as it only has the power to force British citizens to give evidence.

As the paparazzi have already given evidence to the French inquiry I can understand why they are saying they won't go through it all again.

Many of them have also been charged with offenses that night and were then cleared by French officials.

This inquest is only the British inquest required by law. Even if it finds foul play charges would have to be brought in France (unless the evidence points to criminal activity actually taking place in Britain such as planning a murder attempt). As the French inquiry has already ruled this an accident they would have to first of all reopen their own inquiry before bringing any further charges than those already brought against the paps and then dismissed.

The paps aren't British citizens and having already given evidence in France why would they feel that they should have to give evidence all over again. What more could, or would, they say to an inquiry in Britain that they didn't say in the French inquiry?

What I want to know is whether their testimony given to the French inquiry and statements to the French police can be read in the British inquest? If so then they will be giving the testimony that they have already given and would give again.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree they can't force them but how come some change their declarations 10 years after ? They should be summoned, even if they only say :"I've nothing else to add at my version". IMO, it would make everything square and clear ... for once.

Because it matters...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Paparazzo said to offer Diana pictures from crash - Yahoo! News UK

Picture of Romuald Rat : http://rejina.free.fr/photos/rat_romuald_petit.jpg

Because it matters...
Old 11-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from. I have been attacked at another board and quit it just because of my opinions. I rather like this board and hope none of that vitriol will come over here.
Unfortunatly I think it goes both ways. Whether you are a Diana fan or a camilla fan sometimes things get very uncomfortable with attacks and accusations. I was recently attacked for asking a question and I still don't know what provoked the attack.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygoogles View Post
Unfortunatly I think it goes both ways. Whether you are a Diana fan or a camilla fan sometimes things get very uncomfortable with attacks and accusations. I was recently attacked for asking a question and I still don't know what provoked the attack.
Yeah, I know the feeling. I hate when people suddenly attack you just because they think differently. It's foolish of them to refuse another point of vue, they should know that having a balanced opinion, especially when talking about Diana or Camilla, is much more mature than staying on their positions, denying everything that can damage their venerated idol.

Because it matters...
Old 11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Yeah, I know the feeling. I hate when people suddenly attack you just because they think differently. It's foolish of them to refuse another point of vue, they should know that having a balanced opinion, especially when talking about Diana or Camilla, is much more mature than staying on their positions, denying everything that can damage their venerated idol.
I do believe that the Mods here on this board really strive to keep things civil and I do appreciate that!

My my, Mr. Rat certainly looks like a rodent doesn't he?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I do believe that the Mods here on this board really strive to keep things civil and I do appreciate that!

My my, Mr. Rat certainly looks like a rodent doesn't he?
Lol. We had the "Love Rat" with Hewitt and now we have the "Death-Picture Rat" (and note that the name fits perfectly). As I find Mr. Hewitt's publications quite hurtful, I'm horrified that someone could sell a picture of a lying-almost dying-princess on the floor of a crashed car.

Because it matters...
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Lol. We had the "Love Rat" with Hewitt and now we have the "Death-Picture Rat" (and note that the name fits perfectly). As I find Mr. Hewitt's publications quite hurtful, I'm horrified that someone could sell a picture of a lying-almost dying-princess on the floor of a crashed car.
Agreed. In stead of helping, they want to snap pictures. Some people are soulless.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Agreed. In stead of helping, they want to snap pictures. Some people are soulless.
Totally. I remember an interview where he said he had touched her to see if she was still alive and that she had moved. It's perhaps him or his motorcycle driver who has yelled :"She's alive!". They were so obsessed by Diana that they forgot the most important, respect. In this job (if you can call it a 'job' ...) there's no pity, no limits and her death illustrated it so well.

Because it matters...
Old 11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

There are some things I wouldn't do for money. Papparazzi is one.
Being a contestant on "Survivor" or another "Reality TV" show is another.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There are some things I wouldn't do for money. Papparazzi is one.
Being a contestant on "Survivor" or another "Reality TV" show is another.
Lol, just thinking about it scares me . I agree with people who qualify a camera as a weapon. They don't realise the suffering they cause to people.

Because it matters...
Old 11-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Al Fayed lawyer outlines scenario for staging crash - Pravda.Ru

Mohamed al Fayed's lawyer outlined at inquest a scenario for engineering a crash in the Paris road tunnel where Princess Diana and Dodi al Fayed died 10 years ago.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Al Fayed lawyer outlines scenario for staging crash - Pravda.Ru

Mohamed al Fayed's lawyer outlined at inquest a scenario for engineering a crash in the Paris road tunnel where Princess Diana and Dodi al Fayed died 10 years ago.
I think it's madness to think he will ever stop. I understand and I can't imagine how hard it must be to accept to loose a child but he's hurting himself even more by continuing his senseless accusation.

Because it matters...
Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Huge failings of French police at Diana crash site

Because it matters...
Old 11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Nobility

What is not understood by me is why wasn't Diana and the other occupants of the car removed immediately due to the fact a crashed vehicle is potentially an explosion hazard. I have rarely seen a severe car accident without both an ambulance and fire truck present.

And how can her last words have been heard so completely when the car horn was jammed in a constant blare?

Did the barristers forsee the reluctance of the paparazzi's testimony? Somehow this inquest is not as smooth as was promised....

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana