The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they were skillful enough to see a murder plot through to a successful conclusion on the night she died, given all the variables and last-minute changes of plan, you'd think that if they were that determined to kill her in order to stop her marrying a Muslim, they'd have done away with her during her relationship with Dr Khan. The fact that she wasn't killed during that relationship suggests that this "they killed her to stop her having any brown babies with a Muslim father" excuse is just so much nonsense.

As for having a problem with the Fayed family, Diana was doing her image so much damage being in the company of Mohamed Fayed and his son that I should think the Palace advisors would have been delighted. She was well on the way to destroying her own image and turning into a sybaritic jet-setter, so there was no reason for anyone to try and kill her. They should have known that it would just lead to instant sainthood and really cause problems for Charles.

True. While I have absolutly no idea what Diana was like after her divorce since I was only 6 years old I can imagine that her doing something like that would have been good for the Palace advisors I mean I'm sure all they wanted was for her to destory her image and make them look better at that point I'm assuming. Now I really can't find any other known reason for them to have possibly killed her. Again unless it wasn't known but you'd think 10 years later had something like that been done something would have leaked by now from someone besides Mohammed Fayed, unless they are just amazing at keeping things like this hidden from the public. My mom personally thinks if she was purposly killed then whoever did it was paid a good amount of money to keep their mouths shut.

Last edited:
True My mom personally thinks if she was purposly killed then whoever did it was paid a good amount of money to keep their mouths shut.

If she was killed, then someone was paid a good amount of money.:ohmy:

Well, if they were skillful enough to see a murder plot through to a successful conclusion on the night she died, given all the variables and last-minute changes of plan, you'd think that if they were that determined to kill her in order to stop her marrying a Muslim, they'd have done away with her during her relationship with Dr Khan. The fact that she wasn't killed during that relationship suggests that this "they killed her to stop her having any brown babies with a Muslim father" excuse is just so much nonsense.

As for having a problem with the Fayed family, Diana was doing her image so much damage being in the company of Mohamed Fayed and his son that I should think the Palace advisors would have been delighted. She was well on the way to destroying her own image and turning into a sybaritic jet-setter, so there was no reason for anyone to try and kill her. They should have known that it would just lead to instant sainthood and really cause problems for Charles.

I mean this in a very far fetched way, a plot could have been hatched to get rid of Diana to pave the way for Charles' marriage while smearing and emotionally destroying Mr. Al-Fayed forever. Mr Al-Fayed had been in the papers quite a lot for his scandals almost immediately prior to that night in August 1997...

A double coup, of sorts..

With all due respect...

They should have known that it would just lead to instant sainthood and really cause problems for Charles.
Dear Elspeth,
I respectfully disagree with you. Princess Diana's untimely death has not meant instant sainthood for her or has not caused any significant problems for Prince Charles in the long term. It did cause a temporary hysteria of people, which was addressed by means of the state level funerals and Her Majesty's bow. The physical absence of the former wife allows Prince Charles to feel more comfortable and fully enjoy the marital bliss. The course of life is going on, whereas Princess Diana has gradually faded into the history.

Last edited:
That's certainly true with hindsight, but at the time things were very tense, and Charles was deeply unpopular and actively hated by a significant minority. In the meantime, Diana went from a person who was beginning to look a bit shop-soiled after all the various affairs and other problems (the nuisance calls, the very public breakup of Will Carling's marriage, the earlier holiday with Fayed) to a revered icon at the expense of public opinion about the monarchy. And then there was Tony Blair, playing the situation for all he could get from it.

I'm sure the royal family was given advice to hang in there and eventually things would blow over, but I don't think it was a foregone conclusion.

^I definitly remember a time after her death when Prince Charles was hated amongst many that I knew and I'm sure the public, but things have now gotten better and it seems that Camilla has been accepted by most. But who knows if it was a murder they may have not thought the public would even suspect it. Again I'm not one of those people who really wants to beleive it was a murder I've read Operation Pagat and while it clears up alot of things alot of the pieces from that night are still missing making me question some things. Hopefully the inquest will help clear them up or perhaps not.

Pinkie40 - Do you mean they may have wanted to emotionally destroy Dodi or Mohammed? If you mean Dodi I guess they would have assumed that he would live although it is quite hard to predict especially with car crashes.

If she was killed, then someone was paid a good amount of money.

lol ya but like I said I'd like to beleive it was just an accident but some things are still missing from the puzzle and will probably never be solved so it's sometimes hard.

lol Ok I'm done talking nonesense that comes from complete assumptions for the night.

Last edited:
Plus the fact that SOMEBODY would talk. You can't have a covert operation THAT big without somebody talking!

That's obvious ! Even if their silence were paid, it's impossible that in a matter as important as this one, nobody would talk. People wouldn't resist long to the profit they could get from this inquest. Imagine all the money someone could make by revealing the proof of the pregnancy or assassination !

That's obvious ! Even if their silence were paid, it's impossible that in a matter as important as this one, nobody would talk. People wouldn't resist long to the profit they could get from this inquest. Imagine all the money someone could make by revealing the proof of the pregnancy or assassination !

I think the pregnancy idea is finished now. The coroner said that Diana could not have been longer than 2 to 3 weeks into a pregnancy and that even that is highly unlikely as her friend Rosa Monckton had told Diana just had had her courses. So in order to make a pregnancy the reason for a murder plot, you need
a) Diana realizing that she is pregnant and will get the child (a lot of pregnancies end within the first 6 weeks by natural reasons, but she could as well have decided to abort the child if it wasn't planned or wanted)
b) her telling enough people so that the MI6 or the RF heard of it
c) influential people to check into the claim and establish the truth of it
d) them deciding on murdering the ex-princess
e) them finding suitable and trustworthy hitmen within the MI6 (after the War of the Waleses anyone within the establishment must have known that there were bound to be divided loyalities when it came to Diana - much more so when they wanted to deal with her murder!)
f) the hitmen checking out Diana's plans and decide on Paris as a suitable place
g) the hitmen preparing the field so that even if she survived the crash the ambulance could be delayed so there was no chance to safe her life.
h) the hitmen organizing a way to prevent her from wearing a seatbelt...

And all that within 1 week at most, considering it is unlikely Diana realised that she was pregnant before her courses were due and didn't come, after two weeks as earliest moment. It boggles the mind, doesn't it?

You would think that it would be the other way around. If it were me that was accused, I would be there to defend my honor. Mr. Rat smells!

Diana and Dodi were just friends, claims her driver « Princess Diana News
Somehow I think they were in a relationship but nothing too serious atleast from how Diana seemed to act towards it. I don't think they were "just friends" but I don't think it was anything too serious in terms of marriage or anything like that. As for how Dodi felt or what he did that night when he got her the so called "engagement ring" I guess we'll never know.

Unless they had been threatened that if they told someone they'd get killed or something like thats a bit extreme but still. Didn't the inquiry say that it was a last minute decision to go to Paris? If so how would they have known she was going to be there? I know this is kinda stupid but if they did have something organized for a while but just never had the correct timing to pull it off (assuming she wasn't pregnant or engaged and they wanted to kill her for so far unknown reasons) Could they have found out through tracking phone calls that night and before hand that she was going to be in Paris and her change of plans? I know it sounds ridiuclous and all this but could this have been possible? The only way I could think of making it work perfectly is if they had pre-tested it to make sure it worked and resulted in death and then had 2 different cars at the 2 exits (the one Mr.Paul didn't take and the Alma tunnel) and have someone follow them and letting the cars know when they were nearing each exit. I know it does sound unrealistic but isn't there actually people who do specialize in stuff like that? I'm not trying to say this is the case I'm just wondering. Of course there is no hard core evidence but I'm just assuming here if all this ended up being true(of which I have no dobut in my mind that the whole conspiracy theory is 100% false) that in my opinion this is the only way I could have seen it work out.

Last edited:
i have to agree with Jo on the pregnancy issue. it's pretty unlikely that she would have known she was pregnant at that early stage (although i know it's possible) and even if she did know, it's extremely unlikely that she would have told anyone so early on. i think MAF started the pregnancy rumour just to make the marriage rumour look more realistic, which of course didn't work either.

Diana and Dodi were just friends, claims her driver « Princess Diana News
Somehow I think they were in a relationship but nothing too serious atleast from how Diana seemed to act towards it. I don't think they were "just friends" but I don't think it was anything too serious in terms of marriage or anything like that. As for how Dodi felt or what he did that night when he got her the so called "engagement ring" I guess we'll never know.

Well, with that Kelly Fisher-fiancee looming in the background it could be that Dodi was just friends with Diana, that he was doing a kind of soft courtship as he was ordered by his dad (who must have known that it is pretty unrealistic to think Diana would marry Dodi, apart from the chance that she falls in love). Would explain the wish not to sleep in the hotel no matter what (to give the staff no chance to report on separate bedrooms) and the second ring (for Kelly, so she would take Dodi back in case it didn't work out with Di).

Has anyone ever speculated that old Al-Fayed could really have believed that this pap Andanson and his white Fiat were involved in the crash? That his hitmen (or those of Dodi's uncle Kashoggi, the weapon dealer) killed the guy out of revenge? Just an idea...

I never thought about the last part you have a good point. As for the resr so then what were the rings for just as gifts....I guess.

i have to agree with Jo on the pregnancy issue. it's pretty unlikely that she would have known she was pregnant at that early stage (although i know it's possible) and even if she did know, it's extremely unlikely that she would have told anyone so early on. i think MAF started the pregnancy rumour just to make the marriage rumour look more realistic, which of course didn't work either.

Who's the MAF? Here's a thought I had if the pregnancy and engagement rumour were just made up maybe it was to cover up the real reason they wanted to kill her (obviously we don't kno if she was murdered but you know what I'm trying to say)

I never thought about the last part you have a good point. As for the resr so then what were the rings for just as gifts....I guess.

Who's the MAF?

sorry...MAF= Mohammed Al Fayed....i was being lazy. i'm not sure about the rings but isn't there some doubt as to whether the ring was actually for diana? i seem to think that if it was for her then she wasn't there when it was chosen. the reason i say that is because i remember reading, not sure where though, that she didn't like anything like that. she was actually sorry for having chosen the particular engagement ring from charles as it was too big and not her style. the dodi ring seems to be along those lines if you ask me. you raise a good point about it possibly being for kelly fisher though. maybe an apology gift as he was known to remain on good terms with his gf's and perhaps this was an attempt at doing that.

Well, with that Kelly Fisher-fiancee looming in the background it could be that Dodi was just friends with Diana, that he was doing a kind of soft courtship as he was ordered by his dad (who must have known that it is pretty unrealistic to think Diana would marry Dodi, apart from the chance that she falls in love). Would explain the wish not to sleep in the hotel no matter what (to give the staff no chance to report on separate bedrooms) and the second ring (for Kelly, so she would take Dodi back in case it didn't work out with Di).
I think Dodi was serious but Di wasn't. People are shallow. Why have a super-model when you can bag a Princess?

How can the man be sure that Dodi died before Diana's eyes?

^I remember the bodyguard Mr. Reeves saying how he sorta remembers turning his head and seeing Diana screaming Dodi Dodi!

sorry...MAF= Mohammed Al Fayed....i was being lazy. i'm not sure about the rings but isn't there some doubt as to whether the ring was actually for diana? i seem to think that if it was for her then she wasn't there when it was chosen. the reason i say that is because i remember reading, not sure where though, that she didn't like anything like that. she was actually sorry for having chosen the particular engagement ring from charles as it was too big and not her style. the dodi ring seems to be along those lines if you ask me. you raise a good point about it possibly being for kelly fisher though. maybe an apology gift as he was known to remain on good terms with his gf's and perhaps this was an attempt at doing that.

Maybe you could be right but didn't Diana have 2 rings though cause apparently one she chose and the other he chose or something along those lines anyways I was also thinking about how the receite says "Engagement Ring" and how everyone is like that's proof right there well I started thinking and I realized that even though it says engagement ring maybe he just bought it from that line but more so as a friendship ring. Also I remember reading in the inquiry how that one guy who worked in the Ritz walked in on Dodi down on his knee rubbing her belly and her saying yes or something along those lines I wonder what that was all about, somehow I don't beleive it. I don't understand why Mr. Fayed is so sure they were going to get married and that she was pregnant and he claims Diana told him why would she tell him before telling William and Harry I dunno if I was her I'd tell my kids first before anyone else. Maybe he just really wants to beleive that it would have worked out and that they would live happily ever after and he'd be forever famous (unlike now which he is hated amongst many cause he can't keep his mouth shut and let her rest in peace!) As for Diana being pregnant I thought about it and she was never flat she always had a slight bulge and if she was on the pill ( I know from experience) you gain weight maybe that's what caused her to look more bloated than before. Ok enough endless talking.

In my opinion? No apparently one of the witnesses from the inquest(I think correct me if I'm wrong and I'm thinking of something else) don't remember what day but he/she had said that Diana was trying to say something but nothing came out.

OK, so, Dodi said he would marry Diana. Does this mean that Diana would have married him? I personally do not think she would have for several reasons--William and his future role being one of them. Also, having been so embroiled in controversy for years, her life was finally beginning to settle down a little and I"m not sure she wanted to be tied down. Also, and I'm going to hear it for saying this, but all of her adult life she was known in some capacity as the Princess of Wales--it was her identity. I doubt she would have given that up, either. So, as far as I'm concerned, papers and Mr. Al-Fayed can say Dodi was going to marry Diana all they want, but the fact remains that just because Dodi said that doesn't she would have said yes.

Ya I agree and I think this is how all this came to his mind that they were murdered. If infact Dodi told him he was going to marry Diana then I understand where all of his ridiculous theories are coming from, but then again this is the same person who said Diana told him she was pregnant at the hospital when clearly everyone has stated she was unconcious.

I take back what I said I saw the fax clearly he isn't lying about this part atleast thank god.

Last edited:
In my opinion? No apparently one of the witnesses from the inquest(I think correct me if I'm wrong and I'm thinking of something else) don't remember what day but he/she had said that Diana was trying to say something but nothing came out.

I believe Diana might have been agitated and might have said something. But it would have been limited and very faint if she had broken ribs and a possible punctured lung (from said broken ribs). Plus, the sheer bodily shock of the intense impact would have left her limited in comprehension of the reality of the situation.

I also believe 1) some of the witness didn't speak enough fluent English, they might have not heard what they think they heard and 2) I think the crash scene might have been a scene of extremely loud noises (car horn and noises from emergency vehicles) and utter confusion, each witness may only remember bits and pieces of what may or may not have been said.

OK, so, Dodi said he would marry Diana. Does this mean that Diana would have married him? I personally do not think she would have for several reasons--William and his future role being one of them. Also, having been so embroiled in controversy for years, her life was finally beginning to settle down a little and I"m not sure she wanted to be tied down. Also, and I'm going to hear it for saying this, but all of her adult life she was known in some capacity as the Princess of Wales--it was her identity. I doubt she would have given that up, either. So, as far as I'm concerned, papers and Mr. Al-Fayed can say Dodi was going to marry Diana all they want, but the fact remains that just because Dodi said that doesn't she would have said yes.

After a decade of thinking about the scenario of the possibility of Diana and Dodi marrying and moving into Julie Andrews' house in Malibu, the "theory" of them marrying would be plausible and have some grain of merit.

Dodi had been previously married to a Christian woman and would not be insistent on Diana converting to his religion. Dodi and his father offered Diana the ways and means for Diana to create a distant home base in America. (I would have thought she would have chosen an East Coast location given her social life in New York). The body language did give creedence to at least a minimum of adoration between the both of them.

Now the idea of Diana even having anything to do with the Al-Fayeds, would surely horrify the Windsors, not at the least the Queen Mother, and how that affected not only Prince Charles but the future of Prince William and the House of Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom