The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Because Her Majesty intervened upon his behalf and then gave him a medal, I listen whenever Paul talks. I look forward to his participation in the inquest.

Perhaps it was more of a religious view that Diana's mother questioned about her daughter's suitors. I don't know the Catholic stance on Muslims and that may have been an issue for Frances. I also believe Diana had been influenced by Annabel Goldsmith (mother of Jemima Khan) much to the chagrin of many of Diana's friends.
Its not against the church if a catholic marries a muslim; we are all brothers and sisters in faith. I don't think it was religious at all.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
A few posts have been removed because they are intent on rehashing the same old, same old.

Unless the Diana Inquest raises the subject of the Duchess of Cornwall or examines the state of the Wales' marriage prior to the divorce, there is no need to introduce either topic into this thread as a means of continuing the old and tired partisan fights.

thanks.

Warren
British Forums moderator
I don't envy you your job!

Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
Because Her Majesty intervened upon his behalf and then gave him a medal, I listen whenever Paul talks. I look forward to his participation in the inquest.
I have always thought about the nasty little secret he had been threatening to reveal and what part that played in HM suddenly remembering a conversation with Burrell.

When I think of Burrell, which is not often, I equate it with scraping something off the bottom of my shoe.

I could go into all the reasons I believe prove him to be a lying little creep, but the forum would be overloaded and as this is about the inquest, I don't want to put the mods in overdrive.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Nobility

I have difficulty taking Paul seriously but I'm not so sure he's dishonest.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Injured Diana spoke, witness says
BBC NEWS | UK | Injured Diana spoke, witness says
Princess Diana spoke to rescuers before she died
Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Injured Diana spoke, witness says
BBC NEWS | UK | Injured Diana spoke, witness says
I read that on CNN today. I think it horrible all they wanted to do was snap pictures whilst she was dying and in dire need of help! Animals!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Poor Diana, her last images were flash bulbs and men holding cameras. There is no excuse for their behaviour that night.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Agreed. Absolutely none.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:46 AM
Courtier

First, I re-iterate that I don't believe that Diana was deliberately murdered.

Second, I am firm in my resolve that every single question which has been raised by those who do believe that she was deliberately murdered be adequately aired and addressed, no matter how long it takes nor how much it costs. I predict that this will never go away, otherwise.

As for the effects on Diana's children - well, they're big boys now, and must be used to the speculation. It's also one of the downsides in being a royal.

In defence of truth in harrowing circumstances, I would remind everyone of the late, and some would call 'great', King Hussein of Jordan. His grandfather was murdered before him when he only about 5 years old; his father was dethroned because he was mentally ill and Hussein ascended the throne as a very young man (18 years old, wasn't he?). And what a splendid monarch he was. He was a royal's royal, and I see no real reason why we can't assume the same standard of behaviour from our own princes.

As for Burrell - well, I didn't give him the time of day, until Her Majesty, personally, came to his defence in his trial. Now that, truly, gave me great pause.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I have always thought about the nasty little secret he had been threatening to reveal and what part that played in HM suddenly remembering a conversation with Burrell.

When I think of Burrell, which is not often, I equate it with scraping something off the bottom of my shoe.

I could go into all the reasons I believe prove him to be a lying little creep, but the forum would be overloaded and as this is about the inquest, I don't want to put the mods in overdrive.
What do you suppose the secret was about? It would have to be something really explosive for QE to 'suddenly remember' which sounds a bit fishy to me.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Nobility

First of all I can't imagine Her Majesty The Queen standing on her feet for three hours talking to.....a former servant.

But maybe it took that long to explain to Paul about loyalty. What has caused Paul a lot of trouble has been his own agenda.

When will Paul testify? I remember seeing a news story of him arriving in England for the inquest. I also believe they should call Hasnat Khan.....He was surprised he wasn't on the witness list.

I also wondered why other men who were friendly with Diana may not also be called as witnesses..at least clarify to the state of mind (ie paranoia, fears, clarity of thinking) Diana possessed in the last few years of her life.

Do you think Prince William will be called as witness as per his last conversations with his mother?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana case: Pair 'saw mystery car' - CNN.com

Mysterious car at site of crash.
I always wondered about that car. It was reported right after the incident and during the funeral but nothing ever came of it. . . .
Old 10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is the second time in years that I've heard about this mysterious car it has now made very curious.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

BBC NEWS | UK | Diana driver 'taunted paparazzi'

Princess Diana's driver, Henri Paul, taunted photographers on the night she died, an inquest has heard.

BBC NEWS | UK | Diana witness 'saw swerving car'

A man who saw a white Fiat Uno coming out of the Paris tunnel where Princess Diana was killed thought its driver was drunk, her inquest has heard.

Witnesses pick out Fiat Uno driver at Diana inquest - Yahoo! News UK

Witnesses on Monday pointed out the man they said drove the mysterious white Fiat Uno that conspiracy theorists have long associated with the death of princess Diana.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

while i don't think the whole thing was an assassination i did always wonder about the fiat. it's a strange coincidence that the driver died (by suicide i believe?) and the car was destroyed after the accident.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Nobility

I do think it is a huge part of the case that the now identified (under oath by a witness) driver of a Fiat is not going to be requested to give testimony as of now. Why not just get the man on the stand and ask a few questions??? Again, imo, it is what is "unsaid" that is going to continue the controversey rather than clarify matters.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
while i don't think the whole thing was an assassination i did always wonder about the fiat. it's a strange coincidence that the driver died (by suicide i believe?) and the car was destroyed after the accident.
I think you misunderstood the information. The Paget report explains that this paparazzo owned a white Fiat Uno, but it hadn't been used on the street for some time but served only as a car to transport goods on the estate of this man in the countryside - it would have been close to impossible to drive this car over the long distance to Paris without repairs (when the police controlled it it had not even rails left and the motor did not longer work) and without the necessary license plates. Why should the man in question have used his own car without insurance and registration for such an alleged task when he could have rented or got one from another source, leaving no traces to him?

While I can certainly understand that Vietnamese guyif he really was involved: just imagine the situation for him. He drove late at night, probably a bit drunk, through the tunnel and collided with the Mercedes. He drove away in panic, afraid he might be questioned and loose his driving license. Maybe he even listened to the radio then or the next morning and found out which car it was he had collided with. He heard that several paparazzi were arrested because they "had killed" Diana. Would you have come forward then and tell the authorities that it was your car who potentially was responisble for Diana's crash? That in France - the state with a very rigid police and justice system? Being not a French citizen?

Well, I guess he repaired his car and changed the colour hoping for the best. And so far, apart from these witnesses there is no proof that he actually had something to do with the crash. It is far more plausibe than the idea that a car reck like the Andason one was made ready for the trip to Paris without anyone noticing it and then returned to the state of near wreckage on the country estate...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Yikes! Repairing the car and changing it's color and not coming forward really shows a lack of character and guilt.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Yikes! Repairing the car and changing it's color and not coming forward really shows a lack of character and guilt.
and fear - I can understand this guy not coming forward even now - some Diana fanatics may take revenge and considering their threats against Camilla who was only involved in the breakdown of the marriage this guy would be terrified if he admitted that he was the driver of the car that clipped the Mercedes that resulted in her actual death.

Doesn't the Paget report also show that Andanson (sp) couldn't have been in Paris that evening because he took a flight from somewhere else the next morning and timewise he couldn't have got to that place if he had been in Paris at the time of the crash. His wife also is adament that he was at home with her or something like that. I don't have my copy of the Paget report handy at the moment.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

You have the report? Wow. I'm impressed.

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, duke of edinburgh, inquest, mohamed al fayed, prince philip, princess diana