The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

See, this just goes to show that the conspiracy theorists will never be satisfied. If this enquiry concludes that it was an accident caused by a driver under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, unfamiliar with the armoured car and under pressure by the paparazzi, the people who are determined to believe Diana was murdered won't change their minds. They'll just say that it's even worse than they originally thought because obviously MI5 is engaged in such a major cover-up that they interfered with the ennquiry.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

The Diana Files

New reports suggest crash inquiry may have surprising revelations

By Francis Elliott, Sophie Goodchild and John Lichfield

Published: 05 February 2006

Lord Stevens, the man in charge of the inquiry into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, is infuriatingly discreet about his investigation.
So it came as a considerable surprise when, in a television interview last week, he hinted strongly that it was reaching a sensational conclusion.
He said the case was "far more complex" than originally had been thought and that Mohamed al-Fayed had been "right" to raise the issues he had in relation to the deaths of Diana and his son Dodi.
Until now it seemed almost certain that his inquiry would largely agree with the French version of their fatal crash in a dreary Paris underpass in the early minutes of 31 August 1997.
The Independent on Sunday has established that Lord Stevens' remarks were a deliberate attempt to prepare public opinion for some shocking conclusions. "People are going to be very surprised about what we have to say," said one senior officer closely involved with the inquiry. But what, among the blizzard of outlandish speculation, could Lord Stevens have found that has led him to upset the establishment version?
Four issues remain unresolved: the reason for the high levels of carbon monoxide inPaul's blood; whether he was drunk; what happened to a white Fiat Uno seen speeding from the scene, and was Diana pregnant.
The last mystery has been reinvestigated by Lord Stevens. It was reported the former Met Commissioner has talked to some of Dodi's friends, who say he called them hinting the couple had good news shortly before the crash.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...icle343293.ece

Old 02-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

this is just like the JFK assasination..

Old 02-06-2006, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, except that we don't know that it's an assassination.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

DIANA CRASH 'CAUSED BY LASER BEAM'

The crash that killed DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES and her lover DODI FAYED was caused by a laser beam being flashed into the eyes of their driver, it has been claimed.
New witnesses have told British detectives, leading a fresh enquiry into the fatal August 1997 accident, they saw a motorcyclist point a laser into the eyes of chauffeur HENRI PAUL, causing the Mercedes to crash inside the Pont De L'Alma tunnel in Paris, France.

One witness said he saw "an enormous radar-like flash of light", reports UK newspaper the Daily Express.

http://www3.contactmusic.com/news/index31.htm
Old 02-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, well, the Daily Express doesn't have the world's best reputation for reliability. I wouldn't take anything from there all that seriously, to be honest. Best to wait for the report to come out so we know what Lord Stevens thinks is relevant and what's just imagination.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why that 'new' witness appeared just now, after nearly 8 years!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

I read an article that Lord Stevens' computers on the investigation were taken last night. Now another twist to this conspiracy theory on Diana's death.:)
Old 02-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
I read an article that Lord Stevens' computers on the investigation were taken last night. Now another twist to this conspiracy theory on Diana's death.:)
The theft sparked fears that the equipment may contain material from Operation Paget, the investigation headed by former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lord John Stevens, the Daily Express said.
However, a spokeswoman for the Metropolitan said the computers did not contain any sensitive information or any material linked to the probe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060207...e_060207015522
Old 02-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

I honestly thought that the investigations on Princess Diana's death is over or shall I say a short-lived one. So they're actually doing an inquiry on her death? I do hope it would be an untainted investigation.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes, and and if there is foul play involved, i hope they find who ever it was that was responsible for it, and everyone involved and bring them to justice for such a cowardice act- providing it wasnt an accident.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

New Fayed attack over Di
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006080683,00.html

Diana paparazzi must pay 68p damages
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

Crash snappers fined 68p
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...213086,00.html
Old 02-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I picked up and put down her book. Her third now on Diana. She says she is writing these books because they were such great friends. Ha! I have never seen a photo of her with Diana nor do I believe she would confide in her. I find her loathesome.
She is writing because on the basis of the friendship, she may be able to tell a story and somebody might be willing to pay to kow what she has to say on the subject -- imo, she's writing those books because she can earn money. That does not mean she did not care about Diana, it's just this woman has bills to pay too. It's a practical, legal way to make some cash for herself -- she's crying all the way to the bank...or maybe she's celebrating the friendship all the way to the bank...
Old 02-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
Paul Burrell's credibilty has pretty much been ripped to shreds, hasn't it? He hung onto all sorts of things which should have been turned over to Diana's sons, the authorities, etc. There have been many reports he was hanging onto his job by a thread as Diana said she was sick of him always hanging around and snooping through her things. He was trying to get a job with a major Hollywood celebrity....and she was hoping he'd get one. Perhaps, if he hadn't held onto these items and written a book about Diana, I'd feel differently but he certainly betrayed her with these types of actions.
If there was a big fault in Diana's character is that she trusted the wrong people at vital times in her life, ie Dodi. Paul Burrel was one of these people she trusted too, too much. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him lose his job with her and she may have brought in someone whom she have a more traditional employer/employee relationship with.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Commoner

Did anyone else hear today about the secret service connection to Henri Paul? I still believe it was an accident, but it sure makes you wonder why a secret service man like Paul was living a second life as a driver and how on earth he wound up driving Diana while so horribly drunk.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

in diana death everything is posible.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

l,
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDiva
Did anyone else hear today about the secret service connection to Henri Paul? I still believe it was an accident, but it sure makes you wonder why a secret service man like Paul was living a second life as a driver and how on earth he wound up driving Diana while so horribly drunk.
I also believe in accident and never believed in anything else. However if Henri Paul was a secret service employee (which I highly doubt), it would make sence. I mean Diana was still Princess of Wales, you'd expect the British Secret Services look after her.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Nobility

The story is that Henri Paul was an informant for the French Secret Service-that in his capacity of his employment at the Ritz, he would feed information back to the Secret Service about certain guests of the hotel.

I'm not sure, and don't see how, it applies to the Dodi and Diana situation-but it is certainly possible that Paul may have fed tidbits back to the Secret Service about other guests (political figures, etc) in exchange for $$. It's not that unusual, and he probably wasn't the only employee to do it. The Ritz attracted high profile people-there were likely maids and other staff who fed info back to the Secret Service for money as well.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Diana was offered Royal Protection Services by the Queen after the divorce but she refused it. That may have been due to a lack of trust between Diana and the Royal Family at the time but Diana didn't hire any other security services that she could presumably trust.

I imagine that if that night Diana had had a security guard with sufficient experience in guarding high-profile clients, he or she would have advised against trying to outrun the papparazzi. Whether the advice would have been followed is anybody's guess.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

EXCLUSIVE: DIANA DEATH DRIVER WORKED FOR SECRET SERVICE
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana