The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
It's HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, as far as I know. She's also Princess of Wales, of course, but since she's chosen not to use the title, there's no reason for us to do so either when referring to her in general conversation.
I'm glad she's the Princess of Wales officially and she's only chosen to use the Cornwall title. I was really freaked out when it came out Camilla would be only "Duchess of Cornwall" because denying her her husband's most senior title makes no sense whatsoever. A wife takes her husband's title no matter what, regardless of any other circumstances. But now I know she did take all his titles, as she rightfully should do, and only chose to use her Cornwall title out of respect for the first wife, that makes me feel better. I'm not bothered about it anymore. It really did bother me! So thanks, elspeth, for that explanation.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Gentry

LOL!!!
Must milk that 15 minutes!!!
http://www.paulburrellrvm.com/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
He has his own website?????!!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Commoner

I feel sorry for all of the royals; I think the letter was yet another one of Diana's bids for sympathy and attention. She was her own worst enemy, and I don't believe anyone would have been bothered trying to kill her, least of all her poor husband. And I do wish that Paul Burrell would take his 15 minutes of fame and just go away. He has been living off Diana's corpse ever since she died. He is a vulgar and disgusting man.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Aristocracy

This guy is really milkin' it! Can you imagine how Harry and William must feel? They have to want to put this all to rest and move on by now, it's almost ten years later!

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Old 10-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Serene Highness

Oh my God! He does have his own site!!!! Thank you for the link.....I think. I did want to reach across the internet miles and strangle him but forced myself to read some of it. A tribute to her son's birthday!!!! What a cretin. He knows they have no regard for him and this obvious self-promotion using them is something I find particularly heinous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
LOL!!!
Must milk that 15 minutes!!!
http://www.paulburrellrvm.com/index.html
Old 10-29-2005, 04:57 AM

Re:

And how common to use RVM after his name in the web address. That should have been taken away by now for a start.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Another thing I noticed about Burrell's website: he describes himself as "former Royal Butler to Diana" whereas the use of "former Butler" would have been less self-aggrandising.

And look! He's even written his own story on Prince William and Kate Middleton. No doubt designed to give the impression that he still has the inside running on what is going on behind the Palace walls. How many years ago did he leave Royal service? Very icky.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

He even threw in his two cents worth on the Charles and Camilla wedding.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

A Return Visit to Paul the Butler's Website

I had to go back and look, in horror, at this self-serving site. I would like to know how many people actually read his stories about Kate and William, Harry's 21st birthday, Charles and Camilla, ad infinitum and give them any credence. (I noticed the "Royal" in the Butler title, too; he needs to let that one go).

But the really telling part of Paul the Butler's website is the "Letters" section. ALL of them tell him how wonderful he is, how brave, how much they've learned, God bless, Godspeed, ad infinitum...... I had the bizarre feeling Paul was writing these letters himself. There was not one negative word to be found about him nor his book. As one would assume, given the law of averages, a letter may have popped up at some point, chastening him, it would seem Burrell "tweaks" his site and filters out anything which isn't laudatory. Is it any wonder we question his credibility? He clearly can't abide or present a balanced view! Well, that was my second and last visit to his site.

BTW, his Halloween photo section is not reason enough to visit.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

in the papers today:

Diana death inquiry 'more complex than we thought'

By John Steele
(Filed: 28/01/2006)
The police inquiry into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales is "far more complex than any of us thought", said Lord Stevens, the former Metropolitan Police commissioner, who is heading the investigation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html
Old 01-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Worthwhile Investigation
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...499363,00.html

Fayed right to raise Diana death fears, says tragedy inquiry chief
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=139432006

Investigator: Diana Inquiry 'Complex'
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060127/...YwN5bnN1YmNhdA

Diana crash probe called 'complex'
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/eu....ap/index.html
Old 01-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe the real truth will come out about this so called accident. It has taken too long in my opinion. Next year Diana will be dead ten years.:)
Old 01-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
Maybe the real truth will come out about this so called accident. It has taken too long in my opinion. Next year Diana will be dead ten years.:)
What if this inquest finds, like the French inquest, that the "real truth" is that it was an accident by a car going too fast, with a drunken driver at the wheel, and the passengers not wearing seat belts? Will some people then cry "conspiracy!" because the outcome is not to their liking?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

It doesn't matter how many inquests and enquiries there are. To the conspiracy theorists, the real truth is that Diana was murdered, and that's all that matters - facts that don't point toward this "real truth" are obviously wrong. And there'll be financially motivated people ready to spin the facts to make it look like a coverup so that the conspiracy theorists always have plenty of books and magazines to buy.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
It doesn't matter how many inquests and enquiries there are. To the conspiracy theorists, the real truth is that Diana was murdered, and that's all that matters - facts that don't point toward this "real truth" are obviously wrong. And there'll be financially motivated people ready to spin the facts to make it look like a coverup so that the conspiracy theorists always have plenty of books and magazines to buy.
I agree. The Warren Commision on the death of President John F. Kennedy never totally silenced conspiracy theories.
But Jackie O wrote a book about it a few years after the asassination that I think stop a lot of books being printed .

I wish the RF would come out with a book on Diana's life and death during her ten anniversary that would finally silence all these unflattering books. And let her rest in peace as our people's princess. :)
Old 01-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well if the Royal Family wasn't involved in the crash, they can't write an authoritative book about it. I don't even think they can write an authoritative book on Diana's life because she started to keep things from them in the late 80s. During most of the 90s her relationship with the BRF was more adversarial than cordial until the very last year. I think they've understood and forgiven a lot but the BRF is hardly an objective voice on Diana.

There are a couple of things they can do however. They could put to rest the speculation that Harry is Hewitt's son, which is damaging to Diana's memory and to Harry. I suspect if the rumours don't calm down, Charles, with his new found zeal for openingly challenging unfounded rumours, will put something out definitive.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the only thing that'll stop the unflattering books is time. There's nothing the royal family can do, because too many people won't believe anything they say about Diana. And while there's still money to be made in publishing revelations about her private life, people like Paul Burrell and Simone Simmonds will continue to crank out the goods. They know that sooner or later Diana will be a part of history rather than current events and that younger people don't have the same connection with her that people do who remember her, so they know their books about Diana's private life will only really be able to command a sizeable audience for the next few years. No doubt they're busy making hay.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
I agree, this has taken far too long. An unconscionable amount of time. To have allowed this to drag on so long has merely encouraged the people who see conspiracy. And where have all these "new" witnesses been all this time? It would seem fairly obvious that if you had had contact with Dodi, Diana, Trevor Rees-Jones or Henri Paul that the authorities should have been contacted immediately (and they should have followed up on those contacts).
Old 02-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

DIANA: WHY DID SPIES VISIT THE MORGUE? Flood of fresh evidence extends inquiry by a year Daily Express 30 Jan 2006

MI6 AGENTS paid a night visit to the morgue holding Princess Diana’s body, new evidence has revealed. It raises the prospect that the body was examined unofficially after the Paris car crash. The agents also had access to the bodies of Diana’s boyfriend Dodi Fayed and driver Henri Paul. The British investigation into the tragedy is to extend into next year following fresh evidence of a cover-up. It includes the revelation, first disclosed by the Daily Express, that blood samples taken from the body of Paul were tampered with.
Having satisfied themselves that the blood said to have come from Paul is not his, the detectives want to know whether the samples were switched deliberately on someone’s orders or whether it was a blunder by officials. A source close to the investigation said: “There is compelling evidence that British agents went to the morgue where all their bodies were kept in the period directly after the crash. “What needs to be established is whether Paul’s blood samples were swapped in the morgue with those of a drunk suicide victim, so as to make it look as though Paul was drunk. Forcing “So much new evidence is being uncovered that those taking part in the investigation now feel sure it will extend well into 2007.” The cost of the inquiry has passed £2million – a figure which is certain to double. The accuracy of all evidence is crucial to the conclusion of the inquiry, which was ordered by the royal coroner two years ago in preparation for an inquest into Diana’s death which was – until now – expected this year.
The European Court of Human Rights wants to know why it took so long for Diana to reach hospital, why pathologists broke French law by allowing her body to be embalmed – so make making pregnancy tests invalid – and why blood tests on her so- called “ drunk driver” have never been verified independently.

All of this conspiracy may be getting tiresome and may seem to drag on for along time. I believe that Diana, Will, Harry and Al-Fayed deserve closer. People died and families were hurt. I think people have become so involved with inquiries, and aligations that the victims have been forgotten. Dodi died. Diana died. Henri Paul died. Trevor has physical and emotional injuries for the rest of his life. We should not become so involved with length of time, that we forget all of the victims, dead and still living. As Prince Harry said it seems like a long time to us, but it doesn't seem that long ago to him.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
DIANA: WHY DID SPIES VISIT THE MORGUE? Flood of fresh evidence extends inquiry by a year Daily Express 30 Jan 2006

MI6 AGENTS paid a night visit to the morgue holding Princess Diana’s body, new evidence has revealed. It raises the prospect that the body was examined unofficially after the Paris car crash. The agents also had access to the bodies of Diana’s boyfriend Dodi Fayed and driver Henri Paul. The British investigation into the tragedy is to extend into next year following fresh evidence of a cover-up. It includes the revelation, first disclosed by the Daily Express, that blood samples taken from the body of Paul were tampered with.
Having satisfied themselves that the blood said to have come from Paul is not his, the detectives want to know whether the samples were switched deliberately on someone’s orders or whether it was a blunder by officials. A source close to the investigation said: “There is compelling evidence that British agents went to the morgue where all their bodies were kept in the period directly after the crash. “What needs to be established is whether Paul’s blood samples were swapped in the morgue with those of a drunk suicide victim, so as to make it look as though Paul was drunk. Forcing “So much new evidence is being uncovered that those taking part in the investigation now feel sure it will extend well into 2007.” The cost of the inquiry has passed £2million – a figure which is certain to double. The accuracy of all evidence is crucial to the conclusion of the inquiry, which was ordered by the royal coroner two years ago in preparation for an inquest into Diana’s death which was – until now – expected this year.
The European Court of Human Rights wants to know why it took so long for Diana to reach hospital, why pathologists broke French law by allowing her body to be embalmed – so make making pregnancy tests invalid – and why blood tests on her so- called “ drunk driver” have never been verified independently.
I'm not typically one for conspiracies--in my view, people love them because they're trying to make sense of their world, and refuse to accept that some things, be it car accidents or anything else, just don't always make perfect sense. People die senseless deaths in senseless accidents and incidents <all the time>, but for billions of us, that reality seems impossible to accept. Many people rather accept that their various governments are infiltrated with aliens from planet x, y or z, or--that prince Philip cooked up a plan with the intent to kill his former daughter in law, than that we are willing to face up to a phenomenon called coincidence or human stupidity etc etc.

But all the same, this new evidence would justify what the family of driver Henry Paul has been contending for years: that they were surprised that Paul was found to have a combination of antidepressants and alcohol in the blood. And even more so because if one is drunk and driving, one typically doesn't drive faster, but slower.

All the same, and this is pure conjecture of course, but here's the outcome I expect of the inquiry: simply that they will find that Diana & co. died as a result of being chased by paparazzi. That no one was murdered. I mean, come on. Diana might have been seen as a loose canon and kindof a nuisance by her former in-laws, but to be killed because of that? Please! I love the woman, but contrary to evidently her own self-important beliefs, her in-laws didn't want her out of the way <that> badly.

I remember a quote I read somewhere from the late Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She was in the back of a chauffeured limo one day, and the driver started speeding up to avoid pesky paparazzi, who were following the car. She then reportedly told the driver to slow down because, she said, "being photographed is not worth getting killed over."

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana