Run-up to the inquest into Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana gave up protection from scotland yard after the separation it was never taken away from her.

Right, I know. I was referring to why Diana felt it so necessary to give up her royal protection. I suspect what Pinkie said may be closer to the mark.

Pinkie40: I've often thought the police conspired to make themselves a nuisance and intrusive so Diana would plead her case for their dismissal. People of far less status believe very basic protection is necessary.

Diana gave up protection from scotland yard after the separation it was never taken away from her.

Also to mention that she no longer had the HRH title. I think if she asked the govt for protection they would have offered it but she clearly wanted no part of that.

Right, I know. I was referring to why Diana felt it so necessary to give up her royal protection. I suspect what Pinkie said may be closer to the mark.

Pinkie40: I've often thought the police conspired to make themselves a nuisance and intrusive so Diana would plead her case for their dismissal. People of far less status believe very basic protection is necessary.

The naivete which led Diana to this decision was fatal. One would think her close friends or Paul Burrell would say, "Look, Princess, you have Mark Saunders (a very bad and nasty pap who had no qualms in cursing Diana relentlessly when trying to take her photo) on your back so, please, at least let Will Carling be around to give these nasty paparazzi blokes a grim mug or a shake of his mighty fist."

The best of both worlds here for Di...a big, beefy bodyguard and someone to make the afternoon go a littler faster... :wub:

I still get sad thinking if she had moved to Malibu with Dodi she might have made Kevin Costner's "Bodyguard II"......

According to "ET" the inquest for Diana begins on October 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom