The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wait this file has just vanished out of thin air?

Old 09-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Unbelievable!

Le Figaro has reported that a metre-wide file containing thousands of original documents and photos about the death of Diana has vanished from the Paris court archives. (The Guardian).

Reportedly, copies exist; however originals are needed for legal purposes.

Methinks they need to call for Inspector Clouseau!
Here's some information taken from Le figaro website (translated by myself)

It's a whole file made of thousands of pages, pictures, analysis, that simply vanished. This discovery was made by M. Jean-Louis Pelletier, lawyer of Fabrice Chassery, a paparazzi present when the accident occured. He says :

"When I wanted to consult the original file, a month ago, they told me it couldn't be found. It's the first time I see that. There are some files that disappear sometimes but, in this case, that exceptional. All the more, there's still an investigation going on."

After many verifications in every possible place it could be, there's no sign of this file ...

Although, Yahoo! France said the justice made a statement to deny this information, they said the file was here, in the palace of justice in Paris.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Diana inquest jury to visit Paris crash site - Yahoo! News UK

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.rumormillnews.com/DIANA%20WAS%20NOT%20THE%20TARGET.htm

This is an interesting article from the Rumormill -- a little too complicated for me to follow though. It says Diana and Dodi first hooked up in November of 1996. It would seem if Diana's father and M al Fayed were best friends for over 10 years that Diana would have met Dodi sooner?

The MI-6 document seized by Vienna police and published in the London Mirror reads in full as follows:
CLASS: TOP SECRET REPORT NO: 00.D 831/173466-97 COUNTRY: France DATE DISTR: 17 June 1997 SUBJECT: File overview: Diana Princess Of Wales-Dodi REFERENCES DCI Case 64376 SOURCE: CASParis/CASLondon/COSGeneva/CASKingston/ UK citizen Ken Etheridge. 1. Relationship initiated between Diana POW and Dodi aF according to reliable intel sources in November 1996. Intimacy begins shortly after they meet. (Report filed) 2. Reliable source reports Palace seriously disturbed by liaison. PM considers any al Fayed relationship politically disastrous. Edinburgh (Prince Phillip -ed) sees serious threat to dynasty should relationship endure. Quote reported: ““Such an affair is racially and morally repugnant and no son of a bedouin camel trader is fit for the mother of a future king,”” Edinburgh. (Report filed) 3. Request from highest circles to DEA attache UK for 6 on Dodi re: Cocaine. See File forwarded to UK embassy DC. (Copy filed) 4. US liaison to MI6 requested by David Spedding for assistance in providing permanent solution to Dodi problem. Blessing of Palace secured (Twiz filed) 5. WHuse (White House -ed) denies Spedding (head of MI-6 –– ed) request. Harrison authorized only to arrange meeting for MI-6 representative with K-Team Geneva. (Twiz on file) 6. Meeting in Geneva reportedly successful (Report filed) 7. al Fayed Mercedes Limo stolen and returned with electronics missing. Reliable intel source confirms K-team involved. Source reports car rebuilt to respond to external radio controls. (Report filed).
Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Nobility

I had also heard D & D were at the very least reacquainted again sometime in Nov 1996. Didn't this meeting somehow involve an afterhours private visit of Harrod's along with the model Cindy Crawford? This "rumor" would give more creedence why the princess felt comfortable enough to accept Mohammed's invitation for a vacation. Mr. Al-Fayed was or had been recently embroiled in scandal. Diana would probably have had to have some very strong incentive to entice her aboard Mr. Al-Fayed's yacht. This action, at the time, had Dickie Arbiter calling her "mad" and others scratching their brows wondering what would make Diana accept such an invitation.

D&D had met each other at various events including polo and the London premeir of "Hook".

What is also a "rumor" is that the "Diana death car" was supposedly misplaced in a French wrecking yard...Now how does THAT happen?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

It was a big mistake that Scotland Yard Laid Off to protect Princess Diana
Old 09-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Did Kelly Fisher make a formal statement for the Stevens Report?

Kelly, along with Gloria Allred, were out there getting a lot of publicity for her pain she felt in Dodi's "dumping" of her. She was "warning" Diana to watch out for Dodi or he might break her heart also. The last time I remember seeing her on television was a comment of her saying something to the effect "If Dodi had been with me, he might still be alive."

I don't know the background, friends or associates of this woman. It is always a prudent investigation to include the interview of people who were intimate with the deceased in a reasonably close time.

Kelly could offer clues to threats or enemies of Dodi, his habits and the security around Dodi.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
It was a big mistake that Scotland Yard Laid Off to protect Princess Diana
Very true. What are the benefits of the HRH title? Isn't there automatic police protection for any HRH that visits a foreign country? Was Diana deliberately manipulated into giving up her royal protection?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Nobility

I've often thought the police conspired to make themselves a nuisance and intrusive so Diana would plead her case for their dismissal. People of far less status believe very basic protection is necessary. Yet I think her protection detail somehow got in the way of her "love life". Surely she aware of the nutters and the crazies who showed up at her engagements...But remember, according to PD Jepshon, Diana, around this time, was rabidly paranoid pulling up Kensington Palace carpet looking for microphones and spyware.

Remember, how Jayne Fincher made a formal complaint againt the aggressive paparazzi to Buckingham Palace? In her book, she sighs with regret that nothing constructive for Diana came from her personal complaint.

It is this "throwing Di to the wolves" that caused a lot of the outcry when her death occurred.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhontella View Post
Very true. What are the benefits of the HRH title? Isn't there automatic police protection for any HRH that visits a foreign country? Was Diana deliberately manipulated into giving up her royal protection?
Diana gave up protection from scotland yard after the separation it was never taken away from her.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Diana gave up protection from scotland yard after the separation it was never taken away from her.
Right, I know. I was referring to why Diana felt it so necessary to give up her royal protection. I suspect what Pinkie said may be closer to the mark.

Pinkie40: I've often thought the police conspired to make themselves a nuisance and intrusive so Diana would plead her case for their dismissal. People of far less status believe very basic protection is necessary.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Also to mention that she no longer had the HRH title. I think if she asked the govt for protection they would have offered it but she clearly wanted no part of that.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhontella View Post
Right, I know. I was referring to why Diana felt it so necessary to give up her royal protection. I suspect what Pinkie said may be closer to the mark.

Pinkie40: I've often thought the police conspired to make themselves a nuisance and intrusive so Diana would plead her case for their dismissal. People of far less status believe very basic protection is necessary.

The naivete which led Diana to this decision was fatal. One would think her close friends or Paul Burrell would say, "Look, Princess, you have Mark Saunders (a very bad and nasty pap who had no qualms in cursing Diana relentlessly when trying to take her photo) on your back so, please, at least let Will Carling be around to give these nasty paparazzi blokes a grim mug or a shake of his mighty fist."

The best of both worlds here for Di...a big, beefy bodyguard and someone to make the afternoon go a littler faster...

I still get sad thinking if she had moved to Malibu with Dodi she might have made Kevin Costner's "Bodyguard II"......
Old 09-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

According to The Times Online, the dossier has been found. I've heard that it's almost impossible to get anything done in France due to copious amounts of red tape at every bureaucratic level. I'm starting to believe it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2391909.ece
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

Timeline: Inquiries into Diana's death
Timeline: Inquiries into Diana's death - Telegraph

Diana inquest jury to be selected
BBC NEWS | UK | Diana inquest jury to be selected
Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Nobility

According to "ET" the inquest for Diana begins on October 2nd.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Serene Highness

Nostradamus was right about Diana inquest

TheSpoof.com : Nostradamus was right about Diana inquest funny satire story

Fayed lawyers to ask for Queen's evidence

Fayed lawyers to ask for Queen's evidence | UK News | The Observer
Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Now the inquest has finally begun, we've started a new thread, which you can find here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...est-14241.html

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana