The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhontella
I wouldn't be surprised if Princes William or Harry helped, since I'm sure they want to be much more clear on some details too.
Well, I would be amazed, as It seems that both young men have read the report and drew the same conclusion as the majority of others, that their mother died when the car she was travelling in without a seatbelt, at high speed, hit an immovable object. If you read the report as Butler Sloss has done, you will see why she said she has not seen "a shred of evidence" and has asked Fayed to show some.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Sadly no!
Not much incentive for people to refrain from frivolous accusations, then, especially against the royal family, who don't tend to resort to the law courts. That's a shame.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
The conspiracists put forward evidence to prove she was killed but they also say that if there isn't any evidence to prove it, it was destroyed so that it could never be seen and therefore the murder thing never proved or disproved.
That's correct. There is a lot of suspicion and possibly no way to prove anything. Al Fayed is probably just spitt'n in the wind, but he does have a right to be heard in open court with a non-royal jury.
::::::::
Old 03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That's correct. There is a lot of suspicion and possibly no way to prove anything. Al Fayed is probably just spitt'n in the wind, but he does have a right to be heard in open court with a non-royal jury.
::::::::
He has the right for his evidence to be presented. But he doesn't have the right just to be "heard", as in spewing any suspicion occupying his mind.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In the film, "Life of Brian", the crowd ask Brian if he is the Messiah. He says no, to which a woman says, "Only the true Messiah would deny his divinity". Brian responds, "Well what chance does that give me? Alright then, I am the Messiah!" to which a joyous crowd celebrate. It's the same with this. If the courts decide Diana was murdered, the conspiracists will jump for joy. If the courts decide Diana wasn't, the conspiracists will also jump for joy. The conspiracists put forward evidence to prove she was killed but they also say that if there isn't any evidence to prove it, it was destroyed so that it could never be seen and therefore the murder thing never proved or disproved. And that gives us an endless conspiracy which in turn, lines the pockets of people who don't want to get a proper job.

As to watching Di's final moments, it's simple. Notice how we see JFK's autopsy pictures circulated but we never see Marilyn Monroe's autopsy pictures printed. The press build up a picture of a glamorous, hard done by woman who suffered and died at a young age for Marilyn and Diana. If they print a picture of their corpses, they immediately break that picture and the perception changes - and income goes down. People want to buy pictures of Di in a tiara, they don't want to buy pictures of her in her coffin. And that's partly the press, partly keeping the fairy tale alive but partly because of the way we deal with death in this country. Remember the pictures of Grace Kelly in her coffin? A car crash, a beautiful woman, a mother - but we saw her lying in state with an open coffin. We didn't see it with Diana because the British couldn't cope with that. It's too final and it threatens our stiff upper lip mentality.
I don't think anyone at that time or today would like to see a picture of The Princess of Wales lying in her coffin. There was actually a morgue photo of Marilyn Monroe and you wouldn't have known that it was her. And JFK's morgue photo is very disturbing.
You want to remember a loved one and a beloved famous person how they looked like when they were alive not lying down in their coffin.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I don't think anyone at that time or today would like to see a picture of The Princess of Wales lying in her coffin. There was actually a morgue photo of Marilyn Monroe and you wouldn't have known that it was her. And JFK's morgue photo is very disturbing.
You want to remember a loved one and a beloved famous person how they looked like when they were alive not lying down in their coffin.
Maybe true for most people. However, I would have very much liked to see all the photos taking immediately around the time of the crash -- both before and after. I would also like to see the "lost" pictures from the cameras inside the tunnel that night. The lack of photos (don't even have to include Diana) is surprising and suspicious.
:::::::::::::
Old 03-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

There are many photos, some were even shown on the internet, many more were seen by the French investigators and Lord Stevens team.

I think the morbid curiosity to see pictures of this woman dying is reprehensible.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
There are many photos, some were even shown on the internet, many more were seen by the French investigators and Lord Stevens team.
Some pictures seemed to have escaped the frantic efforts to confiscate all pictures immediately following the crash. Where are these "many" photos? I saw one of Diana in the car, but it was very dark and fuzzy - betraying no shred of evidence -- either real or imagined.

Quote:
I think the morbid curiosity to see pictures of this woman dying is reprehensible.
My motive for wanting to see the pictures is from neither idle nor morbid curiosity. It has to do with loss of respect and trust in our leaders.
:::::::::::::::
Old 03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Some pictures seemed to have escaped the frantic efforts to confiscate all pictures immediately following the crash. Where are these "many" photos? I saw one of Diana in the car, but it was very dark and fuzzy - betraying no shred of evidence -- either real or imagined. My motive for wanting to see the pictures is from neither idle nor morbid curiosity. It has to do with loss of respect and trust in our leaders
The photos were not released to the public and rightly so, the picture you saw was one of a few that were touted around to the highest bidder. Most British papers refused to buy them, the one decent thing they did. Unless you are involved in the investigation or inquest, you will not see all the evidence or even the lack of it.
Whatever way you try to dress it, for someone wishing to see those pictures when they don't need to is, IMO, sickening.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone at that time or today would like to see a picture of The Princess of Wales lying in her coffin.
People go to Chapels of Rest don't they? I've been before now and found it an extremely helpful and healing process. When someone dies, you can't believe they've gone. Seeing them confirms it and you can move forward. I'm not saying that we should see people dying but seeing people dead doesn't bother me if the circumstances are right. People take death in different ways though. When my grandfather died, I went to the Chapel of Rest and it was the first time I'd ever been and I was truly suprised at myself. I sat and held his hand and then I kissed him goodbye and in a way, it made the funeral easier because I'd said my goodbye but it also made it harder in that I knew for certain that he was there, in that coffin. Diana died young, people didn't believe it. We don't need to see autopsy pictures or morgue shots but I don't see the fuss over a Princess Grace style shot. Didn't Ranier have his photograph taken in his coffin? And then there was Pope John Paul II - all the Popes in fact. Maybe its just a Catholic thing.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

No its not a catholic thing. I'am a catholic and not all funerals that I attended showed the body. For me personally at the age of 7 i fully believed that Diana was gone, was when Charles brought her body back home to england. The images of Diana's coffin arriving at the RAF Northolt airfield was enough for me to believe that she passed on.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:53 PM

It's a very personal thing I suppose. But there's always be those who want to see things from the cradle to the grave. I mean, if there weren't, why would we have pictures of private Royal funerals, for example, the pictures from the funeral of Princess Alice? Not a state funeral but pictures were there all the same.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I wonder if there are any charges that could be levelled against him but whose statute of limitation runs out after 10 years.
Normally the fact that there is an ongoing investigation/inquest stops the limitation of time. Time starts when there is a verdict, I believe.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Normally the fact that there is an ongoing investigation/inquest stops the limitation of time. Time starts when there is a verdict, I believe.
How can there be a verdict? Unless that "verdict" is guilty, guilty and guilty. Guilty of being ex family, guilty of not being Diana's biggest fans, guilty of being alive when she and Dodi are dead.

Mr Al Fayed has made specific vicious accusations against members of the British Royal family, Prince's Philip and Charles our next King.

The fact is that to date there is no evidence whatsoever to support these allegations. Without substantiation how are these accusations to be aired?

Certainly not in a British Court of Inquest, which deals in facts and as such looks to be an action replay of the French court, and so Mr Al Fayed looks to try this 'case' in the media, believing (rightly) that he will not be afforded the opportunity to repeat his scurrilous lies under oath.

As for this story being about tragic lovers parted for eternity by cruel fate (or family) does anyone remember exactly when Diana and Dodi met, and how long their relationship actually was?

The media seem more than complicit in this action (with more headlines and deadlines in store, and one must not forget, the bottom line).
Old 03-07-2007, 04:33 AM
Aristocracy

Dodie father

Dodie father should stop this now and let Diana and Dodie rest in peace, it was an accident!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Sometimes grief cannot be abated by facts when the heart wants more.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
People go to Chapels of Rest don't they? I've been before now and found it an extremely helpful and healing process. When someone dies, you can't believe they've gone. Seeing them confirms it and you can move forward.
I think that depends on the circumstance of their death and for many just seeing the corpse does not allow them to 'move on', for some people that comes only with time and for others not at all.

Which is why I 'feel' for William, Harry and their father, to have this dragged on and on and on.......
Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think that depends on the circumstance of their death and for many just seeing the corpse does not allow them to 'move on', for some people that comes only with time and for others not at all.

Which is why I 'feel' for William, Harry and their father, to have this dragged on and on and on.......
I hope that reading the report by Lord Stevens enabled them to put the whole sordid mess at rest -if the trusted the investigation (and I think they do) then they knew then what had happened.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
No, this six month delay has nothing to do with the jury. It's all al Fayed's own work. Although the inquest was about to start this week, he needs "more time". Obviously nine-plus years has not been long enough.
thanks for the answer, the infomation in spanish in confused, I read that the juez want the time to october
http://es.today.reuters.com/news/new...ANA-JUICIO.XML
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Did you really want to see pictures of Diana, with a trickle of blood coming from her forehead, how about the one of them trying to resusitate her, how about her damaged heart, did you want her filmed all the way to the mortuary, the post mortem?
More pictures might have allayed some of the suspicions put onto the royal establishment. The pictures I would most like to see are from the cameras in the tunnel which were "not working" that night, or more probably were working but confiscated into secrecy.

Then I'd like more pictures to determine if Diana was, by some reports, walking around after the accident? I suppose whoever claimed that was ridiculed and mocked into silence.

As I said before, there's no need to twist this into something sick like a morbid fascination with blood and death. That's just another tactic to bully someone into silence.
:::::::::::::::::::

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana