The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

hehe - great minds think alike, and all that!

Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well let the circus begin, because if you choose a jury for this inquest its the OJ Simpson trial all over again.

With passions about Diana among everyday people running so high both for and against, the jury selection will have to be a nightmare. Do people really think the common man can put those passions aside and make an objective decision?

There will be more mini-celebrities to come out of this farce that will put the trial of Anna Nicole Smith's body put to shame. Luckily Britain doesn't have TV cameras in the courtroom.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
.....There will be more mini-celebrities to come out of this farce that will put the trial of Anna Nicole Smith's body put to shame. Luckily Britain doesn't have TV cameras in the courtroom.
Got it in one ysbel.

Much as I hope you are so far wrong that you couldn't find the path home without a searchlight, I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head.

As for Mr Al Faid, he is already being shadowed by news hounds with all the attendant noise and flash of mini-celebrity as he , yet again, spouts forth about how not only Prince Phillip, but Prince Charles as well, conspired to have the two star-crossed lovers murdered.

Isn't the addition of Prince Charles a ratcheting up of his usual rhetoric?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Hearing In full

Court victory for the man who will never give up the fight

AFTER a conspiracy campaign that has lasted nearly a decade, Mohamed al-Fayed, the controversial Harrods boss, scored a High Court victory yesterday when a judge ruled that a jury would hear the inquest into the deaths of his son Dodi and Diana, Princess of Wales.

Fayed may quiz royals at Diana's inquest

Prince Philip and the Prince of Wales faced the prospect of being personally cross-examined by Mohamed Fayed after the Harrods owner won an extraordinary and unprecedented legal battle yesterday to have the inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Mr Fayed's son Dodi heard before a jury.

- - - - - - - - -
All this 'man' can think of is himself and how to shift the blame away from himself and his son, both of whom caused the death of Diana, IMO.

No thought from many of the conspiracy theorists, for William or Harry and the added pain this is causing them. The Every detail will be beamed across world to an eager audience headline is sickening. I wonder if Harry will get to see it in Iraq?

Shameful that everyone seems to have forgotten her sons in their 'celebration' of Fayed getting his own way!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

Shameful that everyone seems to have forgotten her sons in their 'celebration' of Fayed getting his own way!
Not to mention Charles and Philip themselves. Diana's loss was more personal to them than it was to al Fayed. The idea of al Fayed cross examining them over a death they had nothing to do with and couldn't have prevented is just abhorrent.

But, I don't understand how al Fayed could "personally" cross examine them. He's not an attorney, and his attorneys must act for him in a courtroom. He can't just get up and start shooting questions at anyone on the stand.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
- - - - - - - - -
All this 'man' can think of is himself and how to shift the blame away from himself and his son, both of whom caused the death of Diana, IMO.
The interesting thing is that noone in his right mind would plan a murder conspiracy which involved the killing-off of the Fayed-son. Just imagine: the "establishment" knew what kind of guy al-Fayed is, they had first hand experience about how ruthless this man uses his enormous means to get what he wants. Why in the world should anyone want to give him this chance when they could get rid of Diana easily enough on poisoning her etc....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

This may help people to understand what is and is not allowed at an inquest, it was released on the 6th January 2007.

The Surrey Coroner
Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
The interesting thing is that noone in his right mind would plan a murder conspiracy which involved the killing-off of the Fayed-son. Just imagine: the "establishment" knew what kind of guy al-Fayed is, they had first hand experience about how ruthless this man uses his enormous means to get what he wants. Why in the world should anyone want to give him this chance when they could get rid of Diana easily enough on poisoning her etc....
It wasn't just a drunk driver and passengers not wearing seatbelts, it was the sheer incompetence of his staff at the Ritz, his security arragements and his son ignoring advice and common sense. Diana could, as you say, have been dispossed of in very many ways, all of which would have been far easier to arrange than hitting a column in a Paris tunnel at high speed!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
It wasn't just a drunk driver and passengers not wearing seatbelts, it was the sheer incompetence of his staff at the Ritz, his security arragements and his son ignoring advice and common sense. Diana could, as you say, have been dispossed of in very many ways, all of which would have been far easier to arrange than hitting a column in a Paris tunnel at high speed!
Precisely, which supports my theory that all this is simply a way for him to try to assuage his own guilt.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Royal Highness

I am happy about the jury. Good for you Mr. al Fayed! Even if the royal family is not to be blamed the photographers are!

All of the parties want closure to these deaths. I just wish the royal family would be left alone.

I want the photographers to pay in some way because no one can ever convince me that the reporters did not caused Diana's death. If there were not photographers Henry Paul would have not been called to service that night. A drunk driver can drive without causing an accident if he was not chased. It was the photographers that caused her death. And photographers have not learned in almost ten years not to harass royalty and celebrities. Maybe something good will come out by these deaths with new rules for reporters.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Exactly georgia. The photographers got off scot free. They didn't recieve any type of punishment that I know of, of their involvement in the crash. Had they not persued that mercedes. Three people would still be alive today.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
I am happy about the jury. Good for you Mr. al Fayed! Even if the royal family is not to be blamed the photographers are!

All of the parties want closure to these deaths. I just wish the royal family would be left alone.

I want the photographers to pay in some way because no one can ever convince me that the reporters did not caused Diana's death. If there were not photographers Henry Paul would have not been called to service that night. A drunk driver can drive without causing an accident if he was not chased. It was the photographers that caused her death. And photographers have not learned in almost ten years not to harass royalty and celebrities. Maybe something good will come out by these deaths with new rules for reporters.
I have to respectfully disagree. Yes, the photographers did harass, and, yes, they should be reprimanded for that. But, a camera is not a gun. Dodi and Diana could have taken the first limousine to his apartment, gotten out of the car, smiled for a few seconds for the cameras and gone inside without any further hulabaloo. There was absolutely no reason for Henri Paul to be called into service in the first place, other than Dodi becoming overexcited at the presence of the press, desiring to outdistance them and refusing to let calmer heads prevail. By all accounts, the press had fallen back to a safe distance by the time the car reached the Alma tunnel, so they posed no direct danger. For that matter, Dodi's actions that night provoked the press-they can't chase what isn't running away from them.

To put the entire blame on the press is too simplistic-there were too many people involved, making poor decisions, and behaving aggressively. All were contributing factors and equally responsible.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

In full: High Court's Diana inquest ruling

In full: High Court's Diana inquest ruling | Breaking News | News | Telegraph

Every detail will be beamed across world to an eager audience

Every detail will be beamed across world to an eager audience | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Old 03-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

If this jury does find that the death was accidental, I wonder if Prince Philip will sue Fayed for defamation of character or slander. I mean, being an old-school royal he probably won't, but it'd serve Fayed right.

And speaking of people being put on the stand and forced to be witnesses - Fayed owned the hotel and the limo company and was the employer of the driver, the bodyguard, and the people in the decoy car, and it's been well documented that Dodi was phoning home for instructions about what to do that evening and that Fayed had okayed his choices. So if anyone deserves to get put on the stand and grilled about responsibility for the accident, I don't think it's Prince Philip.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I totally agree Skydragon!
Everybody who think that Fayed´s ´´victory´´ is a good news, and all who approve this new inquiry, should remember what Diana´s two sons said in a statement after the end of the official inquiry.
William and Harry want an end of all inquiries, speculations... Their wish is to let her mother rest in peace. They want to go on with their lifes without reading in the press again and again rumours around the death of Diana.
I think we should respect this!
I can not understand that people who like the British Royal Family can support someone like Fayed.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Gentry

Paul Burrell is cashing in on Diana's death with this speculative letter. Afterall, do we really *need* a letter saying the same things many people already suspect? The validity of this note is very woolly and I don't know that I am ready to accept it as gospel. The fact that Burrell waited years (YEARS!) to bring it out makes both him and the letter itself highly suspect. If he was so faithful and loyal to Diana, and if he had this letter in his posession prior to her death, why didn't he report it to authorities sooner? I understand that this was a no win situation for almost everyone involved but it's all so circumspect. I guess we will never really know the truth!
Old 03-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce Elena
I guess we will never really know the truth!
Depends on what you think the truth is. A number of people recognize that this was a tragic, avoidable accident, and accept that as the truth.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles may take stand in Diana case

THE British judge investigating Princess Diana's death is set to decide today who will be witnesses at the inquest, raising the extraordinary possibility of members of the royal family being summoned to the stand

Charles may take stand in Diana case | The Daily Telegraph

And if they are not named as witnesses, can we expect another court battle from Fayed?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Judge has seen "no evidence" Diana was murdered

Link to article
Old 03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Coroner challenges Fayed's 'Diana plot' claims

Mohamed al Fayed was challenged today to produce evidence to back up his claims that his son Dodi and Diana, Princess of Wales died as the result of a plot involving the royal family.

Fayed calls for Diana inquest delay | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana