Run-up to the inquest into Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he'd died in suspicious circumstances and the coroner wouldn't issue the death certificate until the cause of death was found. So an inquest was heard and his family had to go and hear the inquest. A post-mortem was carried out on Williams and they found that his death had been.......
Sorry for the confusion, but this is the section I was replying to, where you said the inquest was held before the post mortem, which can't happen. :flowers: The doctor/hospital give you a certificate of death, if the postmortem says that the death was due to natural or expected causes, the coroner releases the body and you can then arrange for the undertaker to deal with the arrangements.

As far as Diana is concerned, because she died abroad, violently, there really was no option but to have an inquest. This government site explains, for the layman what happens, why it happens etc.
http://www.dca.gov.uk/corbur/sudden_death.pdf

Last edited:
It is now being reported that Al Fayed is seeking a judicial review of the decision not to have a jury

BBC NEWS | UK | Diana inquest ruling challenged

Al Fayed for fight Diana ruling | UK Latest | Guardian Unlimited

This site has a series of Q and A about the inquest and inquests in general. I was particularly interested in the question about juries and the reasons for them in British inquests.

BBC NEWS | UK | Q&A: Diana inquest

According to this last site - only 3% of inquests have juries and there are only four types of cases in which a jury is mandatory - and Diana's death doesn't fit the requirement.

Last edited:
Whether Diana's inquest fits the criteria or not, Al Fayed does'nt care. :bang:

chrissy57 said:
It is now being reported that Al Fayed is seeking a judicial review of the decision not to have a jury
Amazing, we only discussed him going for a judicial review a short time ago on here, I did at least think he would wait until the verdict was announced.

From the way I read the Baroness's statement when she said that she wasn't appointing a jury I was expecting this - she said that she wanted any review of that decision (not in those words exactly but that is the gist of it from the way I interpreted it) done quickly.

He will want a judicial review of every step he can get unless or until he gets the decision he wants - murdered on the orders of Prince Philip!

milla Ca said:
He will never stop...:mad: He needs the Diana and Dodi story as advertising for his shop.

I agree that he will never stop but...

I don't really think Harrods needs any advertising. It was a leading store long before he bought it and will continue to be a leading store long after he sells it, whenever that may be.

Diana coroner decision 'flawed'

Allowing Baroness Butler-Sloss to sit as coroner at the inquests of Dodi Al Fayed and Diana, Princess of Wales, was "fatally flawed", a lawyer has said.

BBC NEWS | UK | Diana coroner decision 'flawed'

I rather think that it is Al Fayed who is flawed!

Skydragon said:
William's girl and the Diana inquest

Lawyers acting for Mohamed Al Fayed dragged Prince William's girlfriend into the row over the long-delayed inquest into the death of Princess Diana.

Oh, for heaven's sake. Butler-Sloss could just as easily make the same recommendations as a jury might.

I thought any jury would be composed of members of the Royal Household? You'd think that would be the last thing Al Fayed would want.

The Queen's spokesperson and Butler Sloss have already said that even if a jury was to be appointed, it would not be members of the Queens household.

Princess Diana Inquest Jury Ruling

The High Court is to rule on whether inquests into the deaths of Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed should be heard by a jury.

Princess Diana Inquest Jury Ruling - Yahoo! News UK

- - - - - - -

It's strange to think that the only reason al Fayed is getting all the publicity, official enquiries etc, is off of the back of Diana. Who herself would not be getting any of the attention but for the family al Fayed hates so much! :wacko:

Diana inquest to be heard by jury

The High Court decided on Friday that the inquest into the death of Princess Diana in a Paris car crash 10 years ago should be heard by a jury.

Diana inquest to be heard by jury - Yahoo! News UK

Ruling On Princess Diana Inquest Jury

Harrods boss Mohammed Al Fayed has won a legal victory which means a jury will hear the inquests into the deaths of his son Dodi and Diana, Princess of Wales. The ruling overturns the decision by coroner Baroness Butler-Sloss to hear the case alone.

Ruling On Princess Diana Inquest Jury - Yahoo! News UK

Last edited:
finally the fury will be there, is a great news

This is excellent news, it is good to see that Lady Butler-Sloss' decision has been overturned.

For what difference it'll make.

If the verdict is accidental death, whether through drunk driving or because of the paparazzi, Fayed will just accuse the whole lot of them of a cover-up and claim that the conspiracy was wider than anyone realised. And the conspiracy theorists won't be mollified by such a decision either; it won't make anyone change their minds. If anything, it'll feed right into the mindset of conspiracy theorists.

So, what will happen when, again, it's decided by a jury this time that it was a tragic accident? Accusations that the jury was paid off? Another inquest?

Edit: I see we were having the same thought, Elspeth!

hehe - great minds think alike, and all that!

Well let the circus begin, because if you choose a jury for this inquest its the OJ Simpson trial all over again.

With passions about Diana among everyday people running so high both for and against, the jury selection will have to be a nightmare. Do people really think the common man can put those passions aside and make an objective decision?

There will be more mini-celebrities to come out of this farce that will put the trial of Anna Nicole Smith's body put to shame. Luckily Britain doesn't have TV cameras in the courtroom.

ysbel said:
.....There will be more mini-celebrities to come out of this farce that will put the trial of Anna Nicole Smith's body put to shame. Luckily Britain doesn't have TV cameras in the courtroom.
Got it in one ysbel. :mad:

Much as I hope you are so far wrong that you couldn't find the path home without a searchlight, I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head. :sad:

As for Mr Al Faid, he is already being shadowed by news hounds with all the attendant noise and flash of mini-celebrity as he , yet again, spouts forth about how not only Prince Phillip, but Prince Charles as well, conspired to have the two star-crossed lovers murdered. :sick: :wacko:

:ermm: Isn't the addition of Prince Charles a ratcheting up of his usual rhetoric? :censored:

The Hearing In full

Court victory for the man who will never give up the fight

AFTER a conspiracy campaign that has lasted nearly a decade, Mohamed al-Fayed, the controversial Harrods boss, scored a High Court victory yesterday when a judge ruled that a jury would hear the inquest into the deaths of his son Dodi and Diana, Princess of Wales.

Fayed may quiz royals at Diana's inquest

Prince Philip and the Prince of Wales faced the prospect of being personally cross-examined by Mohamed Fayed after the Harrods owner won an extraordinary and unprecedented legal battle yesterday to have the inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Mr Fayed's son Dodi heard before a jury.

- - - - - - - - -
All this 'man' can think of is himself and how to shift the blame away from himself and his son, both of whom caused the death of Diana, IMO.

No thought from many of the conspiracy theorists, for William or Harry and the added pain this is causing them. The Every detail will be beamed across world to an eager audience headline is sickening. I wonder if Harry will get to see it in Iraq?

Shameful that everyone seems to have forgotten her sons in their 'celebration' of Fayed getting his own way!:censored:

Skydragon said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/02/nosplit/ndianafull102.xml

Shameful that everyone seems to have forgotten her sons in their 'celebration' of Fayed getting his own way!:censored:

Not to mention Charles and Philip themselves. Diana's loss was more personal to them than it was to al Fayed. The idea of al Fayed cross examining them over a death they had nothing to do with and couldn't have prevented is just abhorrent.

But, I don't understand how al Fayed could "personally" cross examine them. He's not an attorney, and his attorneys must act for him in a courtroom. He can't just get up and start shooting questions at anyone on the stand.

Skydragon said:
- - - - - - - - -
All this 'man' can think of is himself and how to shift the blame away from himself and his son, both of whom caused the death of Diana, IMO.

The interesting thing is that noone in his right mind would plan a murder conspiracy which involved the killing-off of the Fayed-son. Just imagine: the "establishment" knew what kind of guy al-Fayed is, they had first hand experience about how ruthless this man uses his enormous means to get what he wants. Why in the world should anyone want to give him this chance when they could get rid of Diana easily enough on poisoning her etc....

This may help people to understand what is and is not allowed at an inquest, it was released on the 6th January 2007.

The Surrey Coroner

Jo of Palatine said:
The interesting thing is that noone in his right mind would plan a murder conspiracy which involved the killing-off of the Fayed-son. Just imagine: the "establishment" knew what kind of guy al-Fayed is, they had first hand experience about how ruthless this man uses his enormous means to get what he wants. Why in the world should anyone want to give him this chance when they could get rid of Diana easily enough on poisoning her etc....
It wasn't just a drunk driver and passengers not wearing seatbelts, it was the sheer incompetence of his staff at the Ritz, his security arragements and his son ignoring advice and common sense. Diana could, as you say, have been dispossed of in very many ways, all of which would have been far easier to arrange than hitting a column in a Paris tunnel at high speed!

Skydragon said:
It wasn't just a drunk driver and passengers not wearing seatbelts, it was the sheer incompetence of his staff at the Ritz, his security arragements and his son ignoring advice and common sense. Diana could, as you say, have been dispossed of in very many ways, all of which would have been far easier to arrange than hitting a column in a Paris tunnel at high speed!

Precisely, which supports my theory that all this is simply a way for him to try to assuage his own guilt.

I am happy about the jury. Good for you Mr. al Fayed! Even if the royal family is not to be blamed the photographers are!

All of the parties want closure to these deaths. I just wish the royal family would be left alone.

I want the photographers to pay in some way because no one can ever convince me that the reporters did not caused Diana's death. If there were not photographers Henry Paul would have not been called to service that night. A drunk driver can drive without causing an accident if he was not chased. It was the photographers that caused her death. And photographers have not learned in almost ten years not to harass royalty and celebrities. Maybe something good will come out by these deaths with new rules for reporters.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom